Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11748210 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16140) (16141) (16142) (16143) (16144) (16145) (16146) ... (16181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:26pm On May 01
Tessyy1701:

With His MBBS, I think he will be a good replacement for Erik at manchester united
That job too small sef.... he should organize coaching class for the like of Pochettino, Tegwolo, Tuchel and Xavi. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:29pm On May 01
Tessyy1701:

Dear respected Goodjoe,
There are better coaches than ETH and united went for him, Arsenal sacked "good ebening" who is best qualified for Arsenal job to appoint a "novice" in Arteta. Ivory Coast sack a "world class" coach who is more qualified for the job for a relatively unknown Fae. Let's die this talk of someone is more qualified.

Amunike won us U17, Finidi gave Enyimba Npfl - the two aint easy to achieve. With Amunike's vast knowledge in football tactics i hope he will get a job soon to show Nff what they are missing and with George still learning through the rope i hope he can convince some people that he's well loaded.

May Finidi George succeed,
May Emmanuel Amunike get the chance to coach eagle one day.
Thanks for this

I will pick someone that won the NPFL over Amunike that won just the under 17. Fumbled with the under 20 and achieve no impressive results in Egypt and Zambia.

If Finidi can manage Enyimba and at least achieve top 3 he probably would've done better in Zambia with Zonaco and in Egypt too. Those clubs are top clubs but Amunike almost finish them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 6:29pm On May 01
Tessyy1701:

At the bolded, Rohr is not local neither Josē and what did they gave Us?

You’re making sound like we’re an elite footballing country

Yes we love football as much as we love Air

But we’re not close to being an elite footballing country

Have you seen our gym 🤣
Have you seen where our player’s do cardio?

We’re 10 years behind leading countries in terms of football knowledge grooming and facilities

Don’t expect a coach to teach us to play Tiki taka when cross and nod and jam body has been all we know

First take care of your house before calling peseiro or rohr a poor coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 6:31pm On May 01
mostob:
That job too small sef.... he should organize coaching class for the like of Pochettino, Tegwolo, Tuchel and Xavi. grin

You be character 🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:31pm On May 01
AndSunGorilla:

Sir, how long did he last in those African stints yo mentioned sir, namely Egypt and Sudan. Thank you.

He did poorly

Even IN Zambia too. Imagine Finidi had the privilege to manage those clubs?Someone that can drain those clubs would've fail too with Enyimba

Been a member of fifa technical study group does not automatically make one a good coach

The Valencia president then was so impressed with G Neville knowledge of football that he gave him the Valencia coaching job...dude almost took Valencia to Segunda B

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:34pm On May 01
mostob:
All you sad here are mere story. If Nigeria is too small for Amunike, I believe there should be a club somewhere in Africa he can manage with all his UEFA Pro, MSc, MBBs,MBA and PhD.

Man has been out of job for how many years now? Man is just lazy. Nothing else. No matter how brilliant you are, you need experience and qualifications to speak for you.

Super Eagles dodge a bullet with that man. He would've drag the NFF and become so powerful.sacking him would've been a problem

He should go up himself and let his achievements speak for him. See Imama the coach that didn't do well with the CHAN Eagles even though he won league with rangers doing so well now in Rwanda.

He is building himself and learning the ropes. Amunike is here doing nothing just hoping to get the super eagles with the only achievement of winning under 17 world cup many years ago

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:45pm On May 01
humility33:

That's because Finidi has no pride

He is humble and willingly accept to work as assistant to Pasiero even if he was to be chosen as assistant again dude would've accepted

He is calm. Just like Dimateo of Chelsea years ago

I will pick Egbo over the Amunike u hype that failed in Zambia and Egyptian league

😂

As if Amunike has not been humble and worked as assistant in U17 with Manu Garba. Has he not worked as an assistant in the Super Eagles.

Look for a better point. Humility is not the criteria to select the best coach to move the Super Eagles forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:47pm On May 01
humility33:

Super Eagles dodge a bullet with that man. He would've drag the NFF and become so powerful.sacking him would've been a problem

He should go up himself and let his achievements speak for him. See Imama the coach that didn't do well with the CHAN Eagles even though he won league with rangers doing so well now in Rwanda.

He is building himself and learning the ropes. Amunike is here doing nothing just hoping to get the super eagles with the only achievement of winning under 17 world cup many years ago

Amunike has been building himself. That is why despite being the same age as Finidi George, he has a broader CV and experience. Think of another lie.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:48pm On May 01
humility33:

Gbam!!!

You can't be idle and be expecting NFF to give you a job.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:51pm On May 01
mostob:
Gbam!!!

You can't be idle and be expecting NFF to give you a job.

How can you say Amunike has been idle when he has a far broader CV than Finidi in every way. You guys just yarn without reflection.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:57pm On May 01
humility33:

for the nff’s technical committee that comprise of few of his ex team mates not to recommend him says it all

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:01pm On May 01
typicalgamer:

You’re making sound like we’re an elite footballing country

Yes we love football as much as we love Air

But we’re not close to being an elite footballing country

Have you seen our gym 🤣
Have you seen where our player’s do cardio?

We’re 10 years behind leading countries in terms of football knowledge grooming and facilities

Don’t expect a coach to teach us to play Tiki taka when cross and nod and jam body has been all we know

First take care of your house before calling peseiro or rohr a poor coach
oga we are elite in Africa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 7:20pm On May 01
mostob:

😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by villagereporter(m): 7:51pm On May 01
Oasis007:
grin

If Amunike is really that good, he shouldn't be begging for Jobs, rather Jobs should be begging for him.

VERY SIMPLE.. Just as we have it in science and technology sector.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by robosky02(m): 7:51pm On May 01
On the matter of Emmanuel Amunike and Finidi George

While it is true that I wanted Emmanuel Amunike to get the super eagles job as many other Nigerians for what I believe he will offer

Like tactical discipline and high press, tiki taka, free scoring kind of football which Nigeria is used to as opposed to the defensive minded Jose Peseiro kind of football.

However the NFF in thier wisdom has chosen to go with Finidi George. Ordinarily without Amunike in the mix that is just Finidi George and the other 2 foreign coaches I would has gone with Finidi George.

Reasons been that by the criteria given Finidi George has an advantage of already knowing the players and the time before the next game is very short.

Dear brothers at this point Finidi George is now the authentic coach of the super eagles therefore has become "our" coach. We owe him the duty of "support" to ensure he succeed.
Because if he wins, Nigeria wins and we all win.

It's time to die the criticism and offer whatever advise that can move the team forward.

The truth is this team is so talented.
Yes ... Even Jose Peseiro that has no pedigree almost won the AFCON because we have the personal.

All we need is a coach that can give that winning mindset to the players to fly.

Therefore I believe Finidi George also has his own style and has some good fortune or luck working for him

Hopefully we qualify for the world cup

Let's go there....

TheSuperNerd, TheGoodJoe, Cecco90

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:10pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

How can you say Amunike has been idle when he has a far broader CV than Finidi in every way. You guys just yarn without reflection.
what's the use of gathering experience if they always sack you. The quality of the experience matters. Amunike had coached top clubs in there respective leagues, what was the outcome? At least finidi is a league winner as a coach while also being an assistant to jpes. What has amunike achieved in his coaching career that betters finidi's own. Don't mention u17 here ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 8:32pm On May 01
humility33:

Thanks for this

I will pick someone that won the NPFL over Amunike that won just the under 17. Fumbled with the under 20 and achieve no impressive results in Egypt and Zambia.

If Finidi can manage Enyimba and at least achieve top 3 he probably would've done better in Zambia with Zonaco and in Egypt too. Those clubs are top clubs but Amunike almost finish them
baba rest with these your extrapolations. There is no basis for this. You think winning under 17 na beans? Nff has picked who they feel will get the job done. That doesn't mean he is tactically better than Amunike. Your writeup clearly lacks objectivity.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:33pm On May 01
Meliforme:
Which position did Lookman play during the just concluded AFCON.

The above proves that many are driven by sentiments rather than by careful study.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:40pm On May 01
maidaboi:
oga we are elite in Africa

Ok 👍

That’s why we’ve won afcon 7 times in a row

That’s why our league is at the very pinnacle in Africa

That’s why we hosted the 2010 World Cup

The why we’ve won all caf tournaments

That’s why we have the best stadiums 🏟

That’s why we have the best facilities

Truly we’re elite in Africa and deserve to host 2026 World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:44pm On May 01
I used positioning, ability to work with the midfield amid other considerations to conclude that Kelechi Iheanacho and Victor Boniface interprets the SS role more than any other including Ademola Lookman in the Super Eagles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55pm On May 01
Amedino99:
what's the use of gathering experience if they always sack you. The quality of the experience matters. Amunike had coached top clubs in there respective leagues, what was the outcome? At least finidi is a league winner as a coach while also being an assistant to jpes. What has amunike achieved in his coaching career that betters finidi's own. Don't mention u17 here ooo

I believe the U17 World Cup is bigger than the NPFL. Also,.coupled with the stars that came from it. You guys always want to call NPFL but don't want Amunike's own mentioned. Also, Amunike was part of the back room staff that delivered the 2013 U17.

Amunike has all Finidi can present and far more. The only thing Finidi has Amunike does not have is NPFL. But Amunike has loads that qualifies him ahead of Finidi.

Finito.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:58pm On May 01
humility33:

He did poorly

Even IN Zambia too. Imagine Finidi had the privilege to manage those clubs?Someone that can drain those clubs would've fail too with Enyimba

Been a member of fifa technical study group does not automatically make one a good coach

The Valencia president then was so impressed with G Neville knowledge of football that he gave him the Valencia coaching job...dude almost took Valencia to Segunda B

How is playing 3 games losing 1 and drawing 2 poorly

It will do you a lot of good to stop trying to Susan's pull another person down, on what you had no Idea about
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:59pm On May 01
robosky02:
On the matter of Emmanuel Amunike and Finidi George

While it is true that I wanted Emmanuel Amunike to get the super eagles job as many other Nigerians for what I believe he will offer

Like tactical discipline and high press, tiki taka, free scoring kind of football which Nigeria is used to as opposed to the defensive minded Jose Peseiro kind of football.

However the NFF in thier wisdom has chosen to go with Finidi George. Ordinarily without Amunike in the mix that is just Finidi George and the other 2 foreign coaches I would has gone with Finidi George.

Reasons been that by the criteria given Finidi George has an advantage of already knowing the players and the time before the next game is very short.

Dear brothers at this point Finidi George is now the authentic coach of the super eagles therefore has become "our" coach. We owe him the duty of "support" to ensure he succeed.
Because if he wins, Nigeria wins and we all win.

It's time to die the criticism and offer whatever advise that can move the team forward.

The truth is this team is so talented.
Yes ... Even Jose Peseiro that has no pedigree almost won the AFCON because we have the personal.

All we need is a coach that can give that winning mindset to the players to fly.

Therefore I believe Finidi George also has his own style and has some good fortune or luck working for him

Hopefully we qualify for the world cup

Let's go there....

TheSuperNerd, TheGoodJoe, Cecco90

I am okay with Supporting Finidi. He is Sharks FC old boy. I lived in the same compound with the man that discovered Finidi. I am also a huge fan of Van Gaal's Ajax. So being a Monday Sinclair and Van Gaal's boy, I naturally have an affinity for Finidi.

I just don't like the lies people are throwing trying to paint Finidi as better qualified. There is no ramification for that. He was selected over those better qualified than him that is all.

Is it to support him, we will. However, it does not bend the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:00pm On May 01
Meliforme:
I used positioning, ability to work with the midfield amid other considerations to conclude that Kelechi Iheanacho and Victor Boniface interprets the SS role more than any other including Ademola Lookman in the Super Eagles.

Noted …..coach finidi will decide and do the needful 😎

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:00pm On May 01
chuks404:
baba rest with these your extrapolations. There is no basis for this. You think winning under 17 na beans? Nff has picked who they feel will get the job done. That doesn't mean he is tactically better than Amunike. Your writeup clearly lacks objectivity.

I just tired for him6, from Salisu, now it's Finidi, Don't be surprised if he says Bosso is better than him too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:01pm On May 01
After watching Victor Boniface at USG, i came to the conclusion that he is the best strike partner to Osimhen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:03pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

I believe the U17 World Cup is bigger than the NPFL. Also,.coupled with the stars that came from it. You guys always want to call NPFL but don't want Amunike's own mentioned. Also, Amunike was part of the back room staff that delivered the 2013 U17.

Amunike has all Finidi can present and far more. The only thing Finidi has Amunike does not have is NPFL. But Amunike has loads that qualifies him ahead of Finidi.

Finito.
one day you will come back to this your post and berate yourself for making this statement. Age grade football bigger than a league win? Okay ooo.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:04pm On May 01
TheGoodJoe:

Finito.
U17 WC is not bigger than any division one league….tournament of 15 to 17 years old bigger than men league?

Finidi just need to tell us he can do it by qualifying us for WC or else he lose it.I know Amunike time will surely comes but I would like Amunike to be involved with any top NPFL team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:07pm On May 01
Kog45:
U17 WC is not bigger than any division one league….tournament of 15 to 17 years old bigger than men league?

Finidi just need to tell us he can do it by qualifying us for WC or else he lose it.I know Amunike time will surely comes but I would like Amunike to be involved with any top NPFL team.

U17 World Cup is bigger than NPFL. That one, I will not agree because look at the class of stars that have come out from the U17 world wide to the class of stars that has come out from Npfl.

When the league is well developed and proper, we can talk but the U17 is historic.

Which NPFL team is as idolized as our U17 teams or nationally celebrated.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:08pm On May 01
Kog45:

We won U17 and the presidency host them and give them things because of the magnitude of the achievement.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:08pm On May 01
do4luv14:

How is playing 3 games losing 1 and drawing 2 poorly

It will do you a lot of good to stop trying to Susan's pull another person down, on what you had no Idea about
Even Finidi was rated poor winning one losing one.

Na here Finidi vs Amunike Dey hot o,fans don accept na to support Finidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:08pm On May 01
elyte89:

Noted …..coach finidi will decide and do the needful

Alright. Just sharing my thoughts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16140) (16141) (16142) (16143) (16144) (16145) (16146) ... (16181) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dkay51(m), Damioduso1, opes, hatakekakashi, Ppogbae and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.