Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,377 members, 7,843,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11822964 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16173) (16174) (16175) (16176) (16177) (16178) (16179) ... (16228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:59pm On May 13
mostob:
We all know topics like this is not exactly your forte so leave the discussion for people wey sabi

Like yourself 😁😁
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:10pm On May 13
solonnachi:

NFF cap this guy please
Has he stated his desire to play for us? Did he want to play for us?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:13pm On May 13
komekn:

Like yourself
Ok..I want you to think deeply. How does it sound to your ears when you hear people comparing two teams based on their salary range? Like who compare two players using their individual wages? Does that make sense?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 11:18pm On May 13
komekn:

You are talking absolute balderdash and Codswallop you are retrogressive in the extreme with your parochial and benightedness.

Well maybe 🤔 I should make allowances for people who most likely didn't finish secondary school.

You are probably a UNREPENTANT tribalist you are the quintessential Nigerian problem.Tribe and ethnicity over competence, capacity, knowledge and ability.

You would choose Musa and Sadiq over Boniface and Ademola because it's kind of fair ( quota system) and they don't have colonial mentality ( whatever that is to you) .

If I could use vitriolic rhetoric to describe you I would, but I simply don't do that.

omo see finishing. You pushed for Finidi. I can clearly see your reason👌👌. Good team list devoid of emotive bias. My only worry is just not seeing lookman

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:19pm On May 13
comodo:

What do I think. I think he still has it in him. That why villa, everton, palace are all hovering.

If I say a player is good, I would back it up with some level of objective appraisal not emotive preference.

KC is a forward player, playing recently for the best team arguably by some in the championship 🏆.

That means his team will create a lot of scoring chances.

Was KC pivotal to the success of Leicester city this season or just a backroom choir boy praise singer ❓

Let's look at his stats this season 23 games and 5 goals in the Championship. Can I ask you is that the pedigree of a quality player❓

In the EPL 2021/22 played 26 games scored 4
In the EPL 2022/23 played 28 games scored 5

Looking at the statistics and his overall performance this season can you explain your thinking please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:24pm On May 13
mostob:
Ok..I want you to think deeply. How does it sound to your ears when you hear people comparing two teams based on their salary range? Like who compare two players using their individual wages? Does that make sense?

Maybe you lack understanding but finance is pivotal to success in football ⚽.

You may be unaware but the best players get the best money in general. And poor players get paid poorly in general "Ceteris paribus" , all things being equal.

In addition core quest of all players is to maximise income. Again in general if you are getting paid poorly it's either your are not good or your agent was not ingenious in setting up your contract.

Look at Antony Robinson LB for Fulham on £60k a week and Zaidu is on £12k a week. Why do you think 💬 is the reason for that ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:35pm On May 13
chuks404:
omo see finishing. You pushed for Finidi. I can clearly see your reason👌👌. Good team list devoid of emotive bias. My only worry is just not seeing lookman

That isn't the list!
Some random fellow on Facebook made it up and it went viral...
Theres no official list from the NFF yet..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:47pm On May 13
solonnachi:

NFF cap this guy please
why? He has turned us down several times, until he gives us the Tammy Abraham treatment?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 12:20am On May 14
Lookman and Ejuke were omitted here but are actually on the list 25 players! This list might be true afterall!
From Finidi's statement today, that he would only invite players playing regularly and with the inclusion of Akpoguma, I believe this is the list!
ekehopp2:

Uzoho, Omeruo on the permanent way out.
Onyeamachi, and Iheanacho missing out is understandable.
No Semi Ajayi and Ademola Lookman?
I fear we are capping too many players with dual nationality while forsaking our full-bred Nigerians. Kind of unfair and like Colonial mentality.

I counted 23 here. 2 more NFL to complete List?

Goal Keepers
Stanley Nwabali
Maduka Okoye
Arthur Okonkwo

Defenders
Tosin Adarabioyo
Caleb Okoli
Gabriel Osho
Calvin Bassey
Alex Akpoguma
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Ola Aina

Midfielders
Nathan Tella
Alex Iwobi
Wilfred Ndidi
Frank Onyeka
Joe Aribo
Onyedika
Alhassan Yusuf

Attackers
Justin Njinmah
Victor Osimhen
Victor Boniface,
Samuel Chukwueze,
Terem Moffi
Chuba Akpon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 2:33am On May 14
Marjoribanks:
Lookman and Ejuke were omitted here but are actually on the list 25 players! This list might be true afterall!
From Finidi's statement today, that he would only invite players playing regularly and with the inclusion of Akpoguma, I believe this is the list!
I don’t think so. But let’s see what happens next week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Truidstarr: 2:43am On May 14
Finish will do very well as SE coach. He was humble enough to admit that he is limited and hired foreign assistants to help him out. He went about getting the job with humility. He will go far. Amokachi will be more of a motivational speaker than coach.
If na Amuneke e for no hire any foreign assistant e be like person wey no like share glory with anybody.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 7:00am On May 14
Update:

As of today, Nigeria will be represented by 69 athletes across 10 different sports.

But that number could swell to over 80 athletes if all six boxers, being sent to an Olympic qualification tournament in Thailand in the middle of this month, advance to the Olympics. Also, our womens 4x400m relay team, currently ranked amongst the top 2 nations that are yet to qualify for the Olympics, will most likely punch their tickets to Paris at the African Athletics Championships in June.

BTW, the record number of accredited athletes Nigeria has sent to a Summer Olympics is 83 - the number of athletes who represented Nigeria at the Sydney 2000 Games.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gatecrash123: 10:29am On May 14
On the adeyemi eligibility argument, this is what I got. He has played 3 world cup qualifiers and one nations league, all before the age of 21

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 10:49am On May 14
gatecrash123:
On the adeyemi eligibility argument, this is what I got. He has played 3 world cup qualifiers and one nations league, all before the age of 21

....then he is still eligible to play for Eagles, but most important thing is; we shouldn't beg anyone to play for Super Eagles again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:58am On May 14
komekn:

If I say a player is good, I would back it up with some level of objective appraisal not emotive preference.

KC is a forward player, playing recently for the best team arguably by some in the championship 🏆.

That means his team will create a lot of scoring chances.

Was KC pivotal to the success of Leicester city this season or just a backroom choir boy praise singer ❓

Let's look at his stats this season 23 games and 5 goals in the Championship. Can I ask you is that the pedigree of a quality player❓

In the EPL 2021/22 played 26 games scored 4
In the EPL 2022/23 played 28 games scored 5

Looking at the statistics and his overall performance this season can you explain your thinking please.

You miss the part that said. 10 starts.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:59am On May 14
mostob:
Komekn nor know anything about football

Using wage to tell the potentials of a player shows how daft he is

There are players earning less but play better or with better potentials than those earning pounds in championship and epl

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:00pm On May 14
Oasis007:

....then he is still eligible to play for Eagles, but most important thing is; we shouldn't beg anyone to play for Super Eagles again.
Abeg we need am

We can use him as magic sub with his pace he can outrun weak and tired defense

Finidi should reach out to him. He is the son of the soil

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:01pm On May 14
Truidstarr:
Finish will do very well as SE coach. He was humble enough to admit that he is limited and hired foreign assistants to help him out. He went about getting the job with humility. He will go far. Amokachi will be more of a motivational speaker than coach.
If na Amuneke e for no hire any foreign assistant e be like person wey no like share glory with anybody.

Amunike na average coach ridden with pride.

If i am NFF president he won't even smell the eagles job except he perform with an NPFL team

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:31pm On May 14
humility33:

Abeg we need am

We can use him as magic sub with his pace he can outrun weak and tired defense

Finidi should reach out to him. He is the son of the soil

....still we shouldn't offer Red carpet to get him. Let him feel interested than being begged.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 12:33pm On May 14
ekehopp2:

Uzoho, Omeruo on the permanent way out.
Onyeamachi, and Iheanacho missing out is understandable.
No Semi Ajayi and Ademola Lookman?
I fear we are capping too many players with dual nationality while forsaking our full-bred Nigerians. Kind of unfair and like Colonial mentality.

I counted 23 here. 2 more NFL to complete List?

Goal Keepers
Stanley Nwabali
Maduka Okoye
Arthur Okonkwo

Defenders
Tosin Adarabioyo
Caleb Okoli
Gabriel Osho
Calvin Bassey
Alex Akpoguma
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Ola Aina

Midfielders
Nathan Tella
Alex Iwobi
Wilfred Ndidi
Frank Onyeka
Joe Aribo
Onyedika
Alhassan Yusuf

Attackers
Justin Njinmah
Victor Osimhen
Victor Boniface,
Samuel Chukwueze,
Terem Moffi
Chuba Akpon

Is this legit ??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:17pm On May 14
komekn:

He is wanted by Tottenham and in there is a discussion about him in Liverpool.

Sorry let me be more wholesome,.he is on the radar of 90% of all teams in the EPL. As well as several top teams in Europe.
They said Iheanacho is wanted by Aston villa,u Said no,he is only good enough for league 1 and Turkish league.

Now they said Tosin Adarabioyo is wanted by Newcastle, u echoed it by saying he is even wanted by better clubs like Tottenham,Liverpool and 90% of EPl clubs,as well as top clubs in Europe.

u want Iheanacho to go down,and want Tosin to go up,all because one is born in England and the other is not.
Is this not the prejudice u often accuse others of?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:26pm On May 14
komekn:

Maybe you lack understanding but finance is pivotal to success in football ⚽.

You may be unaware but the best players get the best money in general. And poor players get paid poorly in general "Ceteris paribus" , all things being equal.

In addition core quest of all players is to maximise income. Again in general if you are getting paid poorly it's either your are not good or your agent was not ingenious in setting up your contract.

Look at Antony Robinson LB for Fulham on £60k a week and Zaidu is on £12k a week. Why do you think 💬 is the reason for that ❓
But u have consistently refused to apply the bolded to Iheanacho, but only to Nwakali and Zaidu.

According to ur logic ,don't u think that Iheanacho should be considered good going by how much he earns through the years?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 1:47pm On May 14
M7even:

Many will never know the quality of Isaac so sad how his career went. I remember him as that boy from under 17s AFCON who had a precontrat with Udinese worth over 3 million Euros. If Iheanacho never hit those heights, Isaac certainly got stuck in his own blooming height, he never bloomed.
Guyyy whenever I remember the Isaac success I watched during that under 17 afcon, I feel sad how his career turned out, I really had high hopes for him then, he was so outstanding in that tournament I didn't even know there was a certain kelechi iheanacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2innocent(m): 3:35pm On May 14
Ahead of world cup qualifiers games
Bruno Onyenaechi is injured n out
Osimhen has muscle worries
Chukwueze is injured n out
Moses Simon is injured n out

Does this call for fear and worries?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:37pm On May 14
2innocent:
Ahead of world cup qualifiers games
Bruno Onyenaechi is injured n out
Osimhen has muscle worries
Chukwueze is injured n out
Moses Simon is injured n out

Does this call for fear and worries?

Dis one wey osimhen Dey always Dey injured prior to world cup qualifiers…wetin Dey sup 😀

Abi na anoda Okocha style we Dey c so

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:46pm On May 14
humility33:

If i am NFF president he won't even smell the eagles job except he perform with an NPFL team

You don start ba Everyone had moved on yet you are still on this,

hmmm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 3:53pm On May 14
elyte89:

Dis one wey osimhen Dey always Dey injured prior to world cup qualifiers…wetin Dey sup

Abi na anoda Okocha style we Dey c so
Osimhen is not injured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 4:09pm On May 14
Napoleon55:

They said Iheanacho is wanted by Aston villa,u Said no,he is only good enough for league 1 and Turkish league.

Now they said Tosin Adarabioyo is wanted by Newcastle, u echoed it by saying he is even wanted by better clubs like Tottenham,Liverpool and 90% of EPl clubs,as well as top clubs in Europe.

u want Iheanacho to go down,and want Tosin to go up,all because one is born in England and the other is not.
Is this not the prejudice u often accuse others of?
same person that said bright went to turkey instead of epl because of tax and somehow it made perfect sense in his head. That's one thing about prejudice. It makes you defend your position no matter how ridiculous. Same as blue font defending already paid coaches collecting 'development fees' from players in the u17. To others it's nonsense, to them it makes perfect sense.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:15pm On May 14
humility33:

Komekn nor know anything about football

Using wage to tell the potentials of a player shows how daft he is

There are players earning less but play better or with better potentials than those earning pounds in championship and epl

You can make your point without referring to him as daft. Please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:18pm On May 14
humility33:

Your statement is driven by hate. You don't know Amunike's heart and I doubt a coach who coached the U17 and U20 without receiving money until the government were able to clear up his arrears is a man riddled with pride. Slow down with the hate. It is a National hero that has served the country with devotion and pride.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:20pm On May 14
Amedino99:
same person that said bright went to turkey instead of epl because of tax and somehow it made perfect sense in his head. That's one thing about prejudice. It makes you defend your position no matter how ridiculous. Same as blue font defending already paid coaches collecting 'development fees' from players in the u17. To others it's nonsense, to them it makes perfect sense.

I repeat, the report clearly stated that it was the family on their own will that gave Amunike and the coaching crew. Note not only Amunike but the whole coaching crew the development fee. Keep in mind these coaches have worked all through and we're being owed despite winning the world cup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:25pm On May 14
Truidstarr:

Another hate statement against Amunike. You do not know his mind or the actions he would have taken if given the job. By the way, when Osimhen did his first trial with the U17, Amunike was not convinced but his assistant told Amunike that Osimhen was good and deserves a look in. Amunike listened to his assistant and gave Osimhen another chance and the rest was history.

If Amunike was a man filled with pride, he would not have listened to an assistant who opposed his view.

Finito.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16173) (16174) (16175) (16176) (16177) (16178) (16179) ... (16228) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DrYa, BascoVanVeli(m), Darell2002(f), M7even(m), jieta, Tolulopefinest(m), gloryon(m), Hanibal(m), etebefia, Lawag3, Monsignor22, KpagoGIN(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.