Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,984 members, 7,838,503 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11799092 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16171) (16172) (16173) (16174) (16175) (16176) (16177) ... (16208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:43pm On May 13
soetanoreoluwa:
One year deal.
Qualify for 2025 Afcon and 2026 WC
hmm,one year deal,and they will expect him perform wonder.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:34pm On May 13
soetanoreoluwa:
One year deal.
Qualify for 2025 Afcon and 2026 WC
should have used the new jersey.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:23pm On May 13
M7even:

No lie you dey happy low-key not because of his predicament but because of his staunch follower who push him down our throats.

Anyways this begs the question on why his former club in spain had similar issues with him.Jibola was able to give a cover story saying his strong desires to play for Nigeria in AFCON and his passport issues were the reason for the maltreatment he received. Here is another case with photo evidence , I wonder how his apogee will defend this one
lemme ooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:28pm On May 13
I don’t understand the uproar about the 1 year deal, when Peseiro got the same everybody acted fine with it so what changed? Is it because he’s a local coach? The NFF did well abeg, if after 1 year he dey coach rubbish changing the coach will be easy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:30pm On May 13
According to Fabrizio Tosin Adarabioyo is close to joining Newcastle on a free transfer

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:38pm On May 13
Two of the foreign assistants to new Super Eagles coach Finidi George, Benjamin James and Chima Onyeike, also have Nigerian roots.

James grew up in Ajegunle, Lagos. The Bayelsa State native featured for Shooting Stars and Stores before he moved to play in Italy and Germany.

He has for over a decade being at German Bundesliga club Hoffenheim. Fitness trainer Chima, 48, was born in the Netherlands.

He played professionally for several Dutch clubs
He has a diploma in fitness from the sports university and has worked with various top European clubs like VfB Stuttgart, PAOK and Willem II.

Finidi will also be assisted by a foreign match reader/analyst, Mehmet Ozturk.
Source: thescore.com

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:46pm On May 13
I believe this list cos of Kelvin Akpoguma. When I saw that one of the new assistant coach is from Hoffenhiem, I knew immediately that Kelvin will be part of the list! I trust this list absolutely!
My worry is the defense. Too many new faces!
Olisa Ndah is on the list too!
ekehopp2:

Uzoho, Omeruo on the permanent way out.
Onyeamachi, and Iheanacho missing out is understandable.
No Semi Ajayi and Ademola Lookman?
I fear we are capping too many players with dual nationality while forsaking our full-bred Nigerians. Kind of unfair and like Colonial mentality.

I counted 23 here. 2 more NFL to complete List?

Goal Keepers
Stanley Nwabali
Maduka Okoye
Arthur Okonkwo

Defenders
Tosin Adarabioyo
Caleb Okoli
Gabriel Osho
Calvin Bassey
Alex Akpoguma
Bright Osayi-Samuel
Ola Aina

Midfielders
Nathan Tella
Alex Iwobi
Wilfred Ndidi
Frank Onyeka
Joe Aribo
Onyedika
Alhassan Yusuf

Attackers
Justin Njinmah
Victor Osimhen
Victor Boniface,
Samuel Chukwueze,
Terem Moffi
Chuba Akpon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Longneck: 2:57pm On May 13
Marjoribanks:
I believe this list cos of Kelvin Akpoguma. When I saw that one of the new assistant coach is from Hoffenhiem, I knew immediately that Kelvin will be part of the list! I trust this list absolutely!
That list is not correct
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:08pm On May 13
Fitness Coach, Chime.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:09pm On May 13
Benjamin James, Assistant Coach.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 3:14pm On May 13
Wow!
Longneck:
That list is not correct
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:14pm On May 13
According to aclsports Finidi will receive 15million Naira while his assistants will be on pay as you go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:20pm On May 13
jihday:
According to aclsports Finidi will receive 15million Naira while his assistants will be on pay as you go

$45m according to grapevine.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ekehopp2: 3:33pm On May 13
Oasis007:

Very fair. Finidi has no distraction to try to be an agent.
This is great pay. Just pick the best and coach them to do the rest.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 3:37pm On May 13
Oasis007:

I doubt if NFF will pay a local coach 45k dollars per month while the wages of his assistants are still on them. The 15M naira per month is realistic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:38pm On May 13
jihday:

I believe dis amount…cos nff I knw will neva pay a local coach $45k monthly …if nff can afford such,Dey would rada go for a white coach dt would accept such an amount .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 3:52pm On May 13
Marjoribanks:
u believed a list without Lookman,but has Tosin?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 4:21pm On May 13
No Lookman? lol
Napoleon55:

u believed a list without Lookman,but has Tosin?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Franktom247(m): 4:25pm On May 13
Joe aribo again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:42pm On May 13
Marjoribanks:

Bro you're funny
So u believe a list without Lookman?

Whatever issues he have with Lookman he should go settle it that guy is the poster boy of the super eagles

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:44pm On May 13
Franktom247:
Joe aribo again
That high scoring midfielder in Turkey should replace him asap

Aribo play rubbish for the super eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by viccy12: 4:45pm On May 13
lbrichman2:

The bolded is true, unfortunately for him
I hope I'm wrong but this might be the beginning of his journey to oblivion

Good talent but poor attitude which seems to be a recurring theme in all the clubs he's played for
Sad for him but he brought this on himself

The heart of man is desperately wicked. You are a wicked human walking through earth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:46pm On May 13
Amedino99:
no Npfl player? Smells like a lie.
What do we need them for

U guys want to market them for eastern European clubs?
The likes of Eze and co just give them few minutes afterwards they move to obscure leagues in Europe and we continue another round of invitee for fresh legs

The NPFL players have Chan tournament coming if they play well they'll qualify and get to prove themselves

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 4:58pm On May 13
Felix Nmecha and Karim Adeyemi could be coming

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:14pm On May 13
humility33:

What do we need them for

U guys want to market them for eastern European clubs?
The likes of Eze and co just give them few minutes afterwards they move to obscure leagues in Europe and we continue another round of invitee for fresh legs

The NPFL players have Chan tournament coming if they play well they'll qualify and get to prove themselves
you don't get my point. I mean the list is unrealistic because there is no Npfl player there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 5:15pm On May 13
zuchyblink:
Felix Nmecha and Karim Adeyemi could be coming
adeyemi's door is closed based on rules.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 5:21pm On May 13
Marjoribanks:
No Lookman. The list is as fake as wetin. Going to such battle with untested army .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:28pm On May 13
Chukwueze with first degree thigh injury. His season is over!

Thank God, he was able to win the Milan fans back with his fantastic performance in the last few games he played!

Get well soon Chukwu!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:40pm On May 13
Finidi George;

“My first target is to make sure that we are in line to qualify for the 2026 FIFA World Cup by winning the upcoming two matches against South Africa and Benin Republic. The 2025 AFCON qualifiers will soon start and we must also be prepared for those as well. I know what the NFF wants as it is boldly written in the contract, and I will work very hard to add value to the team and put myself in the position to earn even more than I will be earning from the take-off.”

On relationship with the players, George said: “I have always had a cordial relationship with all the players as an assistant coach. I am still the same person even as Head Coach now, only that the title has changed. There will be no controversy regarding relationships with the players. These are professional players and we have to give them what they’re used to in Europe; you don’t need to slap anyone to get him to do the right thing.

“I will try my best to ensure the team starts functioning properly and we start winning games again. There is no pressure on me; I have tough skin. I just want to call for your support. I know this is not an easy job, but with the support of everyone, we can achieve our objectives.”

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:46pm On May 13
I'm not comfortable having Amokachi as Finidi's first assistant or member of back room staff.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:46pm On May 13
My good brother! Me self shock for myself! Seeing Kevin Akpoguma's name made me lose my critical thinking! lol!
humility33:

Bro you're funny
So u believe a list without Lookman?

Whatever issues he have with Lookman he should go settle it that guy is the poster boy of the super eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 5:46pm On May 13
Finidi George contract details:

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have decided to make the contract details of Finidi George undisclosed.

I have read several reports and figures, This is what my reliable source has told me;

* N15 Million monthly salary for Finidi George as the head coach of the Super Eagles. There will be Bonuses and allowances as add-ons.

* One-year contract with an option to extend after the 2025 AFCON. It’s a performance based contract.

* NFF would pay his assistants and discussion has been held with all his assistants and agreement has been sealed with all the assistants. The NFF President Alhaji Ibrahim Gusau also confirmed the assistants would pay on game-by-game basis.

* The NFF and Finidi George signed a well documented contract with the above details protecting all parties interest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16171) (16172) (16173) (16174) (16175) (16176) (16177) ... (16208) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), BannedLarge, jihday(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.