Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11690430 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2354) (2355) (2356) (2357) (2358) (2359) (2360) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

My guess is there was never a job for that.
Haba! That can never be true. It is someone's duty.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2017
tbaba1234:

Algeria notified FIFA. Meaning they had our records but we did not.
Meaning Zambia too will now start searching.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2017
tbaba1234:

In 2015, he was close to signing with Belgian Club, Westerlo. He had passed the trials and everything. Somehow, the deal did not work. His bad injury record did not help matters.

Point is that he never signed until 2 seasons under Maikaba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2017
kennysville:

Chief,chief, chief..... anyone could have made the mistake. I dont see anybody calling members of the team incompetent. They got it wrong yes. Costly mistake? Well not so much so long as it didnt happen against Zambia.
The current NFF has done a lot to deserve our credit. Lets not rubbish all their harwork with an oversight. This issue happened way long ago. I am sure we will have different stories and explanatiojs in the days to come. Cos in my deep seated belief? That yellow card against swaziland should av been cancelled goin into group stages

One person or a group of persons made a serious mistake. There has to be consequences.

Just like you praise NFF for their successes, you must also not fail to identify serious mistakes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:

Haba! That can never be true. It is someone's duty.

Maybe that is part of someone's duty but I can bet that they don't have one guy who just reads the FIFA rule book.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Maybe that is part of someone's duty but I can bet that they don't have one guy who just reads the FIFA rule book.

You mean a whole NFF would not have a Legal adviser?

And what is the job of the NFF technical committee?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
As one adage always says...mistakes always occurs...we have made mistakes in one way or the other in life or at our strategic job places...
Now the most important thing is to learn from the mistakes and tighten our loose ends...no cause for insults and jibes...

Let's rally around our own in times of good and bad cool..
#istandwithnff

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
The person responsible for this slip up must be suspended or sacked out rightly.

The same would have happened if we needed that Algerian game to qualify!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
kennysville:

Chief,chief, chief..... anyone could have made the mistake. I dont see anybody calling members of the team incompetent. They got it wrong yes. Costly mistake? Well not so much so long as it didnt happen against Zambia.
The current NFF has done a lot to deserve our credit. Lets not rubbish all their harwork with an oversight. This issue happened way long ago. I am sure we will have different stories and explanatiojs in the days to come. Cos in my deep seated belief? That yellow card against swaziland should av been cancelled goin into group stages

If anyone could have made such a mistake how come we didn't hear of such mistake from other world cup qualifying teams?

How do we achieve greatness as a nation when we give excuses for mediocrity.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2017
tbaba1234:

They just did their due diligence.

Which kind due diligence, why not tell us about this instead of playing us while banking on technicalities if things go wrong. Would they have reported if they had won 4-0? There was nothing at stake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
krattoss:
As one adage always says...mistakes always occurs...we have made mistakes in one way or the other in life or at our strategic job places...
Now the most important thing is to learn from the mistakes and tighten our loose ends...no cause for insults and jibes...

#istandwithnff

That mistake is too costly abeg. What if we needed to have won that game? Abeg those responsible should be thrown over board as a deterrent to others.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:

That mistake is too costly abeg. What if we needed to have won that game? Abeg those responsible should be thrown over board as a deterrent to others.
anything could have caused that complacency. ..their is no need of ridiculing a board that has been doing outrightly right from its inception. ..

That means any person that makes any mistake in its field should be treated the same and just take urself as a case study if u fall under this scenario...

For me I say...learn from the mistake and move on since nothing is at stake....

U could as well call for Escobar treatment to akpeyi had it been his blunder against Argentina was a deciding game...

Sometimes best decisions arnt made under greviance and anger
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:

You mean a whole NFF would not have a Legal adviser?

Really? I would have thought it go to somebody around the technical crew.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2017
Highly embarrassing.. angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Really? I would have thought it go to somebody around the technical crew.

There must be a legal person in the technical committee to interpret laws and constitution.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2017
nelszx:

undecided undecided undecided
I'm not Isan
I understand.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Which kind due diligence, why not tell us about this instead of playing us while banking on technicalities if things go wrong. Would they have reported if they had won 4-0? There was nothing at stake.

Tell you?? For what??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2017
krattoss:
anything could have caused that complacency. ..their is no need of ridiculing a board that has been doing outrightly right from its inception. ..

That means any person that makes any mistake in its field should be treated the same and just take urself as a case study if u fall under this scenario...

U could as well call for Escobar treatment to akpeyi had it been his blunder against Argentina was a deciding game...

The NFF have already stated on their Twitter account that a disciplinary action would be taken after a thorough investigation.

This complacency is too expensive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
krattoss:

People who make mistake at work are reprimanded. That is how Life is... If not by an outright sack, a fine or suspension. It does not negate the good that NFF has done.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

They should have told you about this?

It is like you do not understand the gravity of what has just happened?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 6:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
Life lesson

Try to be excellent at all time, average might get you there, but might not be enough to keep you there..

Just imagine the the bad belle, that went to expose that flaw to FIFA..
Some People want to see you fail, that's the honest truth, so you should try and be thorough and detailed in what you do, strive for excellence, leave room for little mistakes, because mistakes are inevitable, so when you make them, they would only shake you a little, and not fall you down completely..

Drops pen.. Sorry I mean keypads grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:
Wait o.

Come to think of it, what if we were only 2 or 3 points ahead of Zambia?

Hey! This matter must not be swept under the carpet.

Was Shehu himself not aware?
how about yusuf who was the assistant coach during oliseh time too?

the problem wit the nff that keep hiring people who know not their job role......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
tbaba1234:

People who make mistake at work are reprimanded. That is how Life is... If not by an outright sack, a fine or suspension. It does not negate the good that NFF has done.
I think the NFF Secretary and his unit should be incharge of this....
we have changed coaches during this times except the indigenous assistants...but they've been there prepared for the matches kept match records and all....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
NFF response:

“We accept the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary C'ttee to fine the NFF and award the match to Algeria. “At the same time, I want to assure that persons responsible for this slip would not be given just a slap on the wrist. We are actually looking at a re-organization of the Technical Department. The Technical C'ttee will henceforth play serious superintending role on all details, no matter how minute, in technical matters. “It is important that all committees and depts at the NFF should move at the same pace as the Executive C'ttee,”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
tbaba1234:

In fact the NFF should even retain their reputation by taking a very decisive action against the guilty party(ies).

Its like we don't understand the gravity of the mistake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
Humility017:

I think the NFF Secretary and his unit should be incharge of this....
we have changed coaches during this times except the indigenous assistants...but they've been there prepared for the matches kept match records and all....

The coaches do not manage records. The NFF does.

Pinnick has promised to punish those involved and reorganize the technical committee.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2017
tbaba1234:
NFF response:

“We accept the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary C'ttee to fine the NFF and award the match to Algeria. “At the same time, I want to assure that persons responsible for this slip would not be given just a slap on the wrist. We are actually looking at a re-organization of the Technical Department. The Technical C'ttee will henceforth play serious superintending role on all details, no matter how minute, in technical matters. “It is important that all committees and depts at the NFF should move at the same pace as the Executive C'ttee,”

This is a serious dent on the reputation of the NFF. They need to take decisive steps to regain confidence from stake holders.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2017
krattoss:

#istandwithnff
Absolute trash! you're encouraging incompetence right?? There is no where in the world were such level of negligence to duty is pardoned. Mistakes ko. people make mistakes in exam and yet they are still failed. As a pharmacist, if i dispense the wrong medication to your loved one leading to loss of life. will you pardon me for such?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
Humility017:

how about yusuf who was the assistant coach during oliseh time too?

the problem wit the nff that keep hiring people who know not their job role......

So as they changed coach they changed all the technical committee members and they went away with all records?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
tbaba1234:

The coaches do not manage records. The NFF does.

Pinnick has promised to punish those involved and reorganize the technical committee.
you're right. I pray something good stems from it.

I just pray....Zambia don't go further do an investigation and come out wit something funny....
I will just faint......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:

So as they changed coach they changed all the technical committee members and they went away with all records?
is it not same technical committee members that are mainly ex-internationals
who are not paid...per se.?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2017
Humility017:

you're right. I pray something good stems from it.

I just pray....Zambia don't go further do an investigation and come out wit something funny....
I will just faint......

Zambia are now just 3 points away. Trust that this night they will start their own investigations.

The records would now be Algeria 3-0 Nigeria!
And some say it doesn't matter that nobody is above mistake. Gushh....it could have been worse. What if Shehu had collected that second Yellow against Cameroon in Younde? It means it would have been that crucial Zambia game in Uyo that we would have forfeited 3-0 to Zambia! God forbid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2354) (2355) (2356) (2357) (2358) (2359) (2360) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dankorode(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.