Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11689310 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) (2356) (2357) (2358) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

We also have to credit our coaches who have vastly improved. I expect more young players to make the jump to Europe this season with this same impact or even more.
coaches improved?....I can't see that improvement anywhere...when they improve we will know...cause it will translate in continental success...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:

Experience!

That is one word some pretend is not important.

You want to make a 19years old inexperienced goalie your first choice to the FIFA world cup and feel cool with that?

We laboured hard to get this world cup ticket abeg.
I am one of those who is impressed with what Alampasu has been doing in training during camping and the performance of Uzoho for both Club and 45minutes debut for the Super Eagles. However, I refuse to rule out Vincent Enyeama's return because we need the best for that position.

Now come to think of the options available to us which are;
1. Akpeyi
2. Ezenwa
3. ***Uzoho*** (The anointed)
4. Alampasu

are you seen what I am seen?

If we decide to go with Uzoho and something happens. Who steps in for him, baring any injury or red card?

Common we need Vincent Enyeama.

Unless Enyaema or Rohr tells me Enyeama is not coming back else I will keep on expecting him.

I have never taken any anti Enyeama return Journalists serious. Let the news come from the right source first.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
That stupid Lazio team just just destroyed my ticket. So painful.

Stay away from gambling.

A brotherly advice.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2017
terzurum5:

I am one of those who is impressed with what Alampasu has been doing in training during camping and the performance of Uzoho for both Club and 45minutes debut for the Super Eagles. However, I refuse to rule out Vincent Enyeama's return because we need the best for that position.

Now come to think of the options available to us which are;
1. Akpeyi
2. Ezenwa
3. ***Uzoho*** (The anointed)
4. Alampasu

are you seen what I am seen?

If we decide to go with Uzoho and something happens. Who steps in for him, baring any injury or red card?

Common we need Vincent Enyeama.

Unless Enyaema or Rohr tells me Enyeama is not coming back else I will keep on expecting him.

I have never taken any anti Enyeama return Journalists serious. Let the news come from the right source first.
I think we really need him because it is not going to be funny when the world cup starts.....let uzoho act as enyeama back up...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

We also have to credit our coaches who have vastly improved. I expect more young players to make the jump to Europe this season with this same impact or even more.

It is good to see a few players doing ok. The jury is still out on Odey but at least he has started getting games. Alhassan is now a regular which is even better. These are not top leagues but there are ladders to bigger leagues.

But we also have many not so successful moves. Chisom Egbuchulam could be returning to Nigeria soon, his swedish loan can't be said to be a success. Bassey Ezekiel move to Barca B was also short-lived.

I do not think, the successes are due to better coaching. Alhassan was hindered by injury, he would have been in europe, a long time ago even before joining the league. The quality has always been there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2017
ChrisKels:
Joel obi was a 75mins sub as his Torino side beat Lazio in Rome. Obi has a 6.0 rating

Lazio 1-3 Torino.

Kayode not in match day squad as his Liga side Girona secured a vital three points away from home.

Español 0-1 Girona

Awaziem conspicuously missing from the match day squad as his Nantes side succumbs to OGC Nice. He initially made the starting lineup but was later dropped after picking a late injury during warm-ups before match.

Nantes 1-2 Nice

Etebo was the worst outfield player for his side, with a rating 5.9, as they lost away from home at Guimares. He played as the second striker. His compatriot (alampasu) at the Portuguese team, once again didn't make the match day squad.

Guimares 1-0 feirense

Kayode still out due to injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
This is actually one of the most intelligent questions I have seen on this thread in a long time. I haven't read what all the other esteemed forumers had said but let me say that our best option is to use this period to bring out the best in what we already have. Hence, I have suggested over and over again that besides a few weak links in the team especially in the goalkeeping department and in LB, I don't really see the need to invite additional new players.

If I am making decision for the team, right now, the one new players in my radar would be: Vincent Enyeama (if he gets more games and get match sharp) and Joel Obi (if he stays injury free). Joel is a utility player, he can play LB, LWB, DM, and CM. That's it ... finito. The other guys, even if they are scoring in the moon should wait until after the world cup.

O pari

elunico:
I have a question to ask. Is this the time to go about "looking for the best?" or is this the time for us to "bring out the best in what we already have?"

Kratoss, Kog45, Safarigirl, Mujtahida, TheGoodJoe, Komekn, Jihady, Icon4s, Icon79, Soetanoreoluwa, elyte89, Goke7, Jobie, Forgiveness, Somehow, goldfish80, Tbaba1234 + others who's got a thing to say.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
isan:
Nigeria players and their chances of making 23 man list for the world cup

Francis uzoho - 50%
Dele alampasu - 30%
Enyeama - 50%
Mikel obi 100%
John ogu 70%
Ndidi 100%
Balogun 100%
Akpeyi 40%
Ezenwa 50%
Martins 30%
Agu 40%
Ekong 100%
Awaziem 100%
Ebuehi 60%
Shehu 100%
Kayode 30%
Onyekuru 60%
Onazi 100%
Etebo 80%
Iwobi 100%
Iheanacho 100%
Ahmed musa 100%
Victor Moses 100%
Ighalo 95%
Ola aina 50%
Idowu 70%
Nwakali 10%
Simon Moses 100%
Osaze 5%
Uduokhai 50%
Uche agbo 50%
Elcheljile grin 70%
Anderson esiti 20%
Efe Ambrose 20%
Maduka okoye 10%
Nwakeme 50%
Ryan sanusi 1%
Abdul ajagun 1% grin
Tiago ilori 1% grin
Sone aluko 20%
Osimhen 5%
Dessers 5%
Success 30%
Raheem lawal 10%
Aiyenugba 20%
Brown ideye 5%
Ik uche 2%
Bonaventure 20%
Bazee 30%
Tammy Abraham grin If he change his mind 0.00000% grin
Nice one but I don't think including Tammy is necessary one bit... I don't see him making a U- turn probably because of ego. And several other players shouldn't have been on your list because they have never been invited.

And in my perspective, your rating is 80% accurate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
Kog45:
Chei 9 points uphill tasks for this team
couple wit the fact that they have one an unambitious coach...who rarely seeks to develop himself....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:

Stay away from gambling.
A brotherly advice.
The hazards of it even if Im not an addicted type
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2017
BREAKING NEWS

Nigeria forfeits the results against Algeria for fielding an ineligible player (Shehu) against Algeria according to FIFA disciplinary committee. And Algeria in turn won 3-0 against Nigeria.

We were beaten three goals to nil and our WCQ unbeaten run has officially ENDED

Full Article

Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee
(FIFA.com) 12 Dec 2017

Following the recent meeting of the Disciplinary Committee, FIFA can today confirm the latest sanctions imposed for incidents that occurred during the preliminary competition for the FIFA World Cup™ as well as in international friendlies.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has been sanctioned for fielding an ineligible player in the match between Algeria and Nigeria on 10 November 2017. The match is declared to be forfeited and awarded 3-0 in favour of Algeria, with the NFF also receiving a fine of CHF 6,000. The sanction relates to the player Abdullahi Shehu failing to serve the automatic one-match suspension imposed on him as a result of receiving a caution in two separate matches of the same competition. This sanction bears no impact on the final result of the preliminary competition for the FIFA World Cup since Nigeria had already qualified (and Algeria eliminated) before the match took place.

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has also sanctioned the Timor-Leste FA (FFTL) with a fine of CHF 70,000 and the forfeit of seven matches in the preliminary competition for the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ for fielding a total of nine ineligible players based on nationality. The decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee is related to a previous sanction imposed by the AFC.

In addition, the Colombian player Edwin Cardona has been sanctioned for making a discriminatory gesture at an opponent during the friendly match played between the representative teams of Korea Republic and Colombia on 10 November 2017. Cardona has received a five-match suspension on the basis of art. 58 par. 1a) of the FIFA Disciplinary Code, with the suspension to be served during the upcoming friendly matches of the Colombian representative team, as well as a stadium ban for those five matches and a fine of CHF 20,000.

Further details of the other decisions passed by the Disciplinary Committee are available in the disciplinary overview document for the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ preliminary competition, published on FIFA.com.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=12/news=latest-decisions-of-the-fifa-disciplinary-committee-2924351.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
nelszx:
BREAKING NEWS

Nigeria forfeits the results against Algeria for fielding an ineligible player (Shehu) against Algeria according to FIFA disciplinary committee. And Algeria in turn won 3-0 against Nigeria.

Who would make that kind of silly mistake? Thankfully, it does not matter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
Someone in the Nff must lose their job for that error.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2017
nelszx:
BREAKING NEWS

We were beaten three goals to nil and our WCQ unbeaten run has officially ENDED

Full Article

Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee
(FIFA.com) 12 Dec 2017

Following the recent meeting of the Disciplinary Committee, FIFA can today confirm the latest sanctions imposed for incidents that occurred during the preliminary competition for the FIFA World Cup™ as well as in international friendlies.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has been sanctioned for fielding an ineligible player in the match between Algeria and Nigeria on 10 November 2017. The match is declared to be forfeited and awarded 3-0 in favour of Algeria, with the NFF also receiving a fine of CHF 6,000. The sanction relates to the player Abdullahi Shehu failing to serve the automatic one-match suspension imposed on him as a result of receiving a caution in two separate matches of the same competition. This sanction bears no impact on the final result of the preliminary competition for the FIFA World Cup since Nigeria had already qualified (and Algeria eliminated) before the match took place.

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has also sanctioned the Timor-Leste FA (FFTL) with a fine of CHF 70,000 and the forfeit of seven matches in the preliminary competition for the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ for fielding a total of nine ineligible players based on nationality. The decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee is related to a previous sanction imposed by the AFC.

In addition, the Colombian player Edwin Cardona has been sanctioned for making a discriminatory gesture at an opponent during the friendly match played between the representative teams of Korea Republic and Colombia on 10 November 2017. Cardona has received a five-match suspension on the basis of art. 58 par. 1a) of the FIFA Disciplinary Code, with the suspension to be served during the upcoming friendly matches of the Colombian representative team, as well as a stadium ban for those five matches and a fine of CHF 20,000.

Further details of the other decisions passed by the Disciplinary Committee are available in the disciplinary overview document for the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ preliminary competition, published on FIFA.com.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=12/news=latest-decisions-of-the-fifa-disciplinary-committee-2924351.html

Zambians would quickly run back to that Qualifier table to deduct 3points from Nigeria's point......
But it doesn't matter.

On a more serious note, if this is true then somebody must be sacked before breakfast time tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:

The FIFA ranking calculator will not tell you Team A played its first team while Team B played with its 3rd team. Result is result.

And that Guinea is Equatorial Guinea and not Guinea-Conakry. It was Guinea-Conakry we played the last time.

The FIFA calculator won't tell you but it is common sense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2017
FIFA don't know what they are saying according to official statistics Shehu was booked just once in the Qualifiers and it was against Zambia in Nigeria.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2017
Wait o.
Come to think of it, what if we were only 2 or 3 points ahead of Zambia?
Hey! This matter must not be swept under the carpet.
Was Shehu himself not aware?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
elunico:
I have a question to ask. Is this the time to go about "looking for the best?" or is this the time for us to "bring out the best in what we already have?"

Kratoss, Kog45, Safarigirl, Mujtahida, TheGoodJoe, Komekn, Jihady, Icon4s, Icon79, Soetanoreoluwa, elyte89, Goke7, Jobie, Forgiveness, Somehow, goldfish80, Tbaba1234 + others who's got a thing to say.

It is indeed about bringing out the best from the best. Kpoin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2017
nelszx:
FIFA don't know what they are saying according to official statistics Shehu was booked just once in the Qualifiers and it was against Zambia in Nigeria.

What of the games against Swaziland?

Can you post those too let's see?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:

What of the games against Swaziland?

Does that count in the group phase?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
tbaba1234:

Does that count in the group phase?

It is still part of the qualifiers naa. We also need to see the rules concerning such
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:
Wait o.

Players do not keep mental records of these things. Someone in the NFF should have known.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2017
Kog45:
My man it has always been 50 50 Barca and Chelsea,so why bye bye

Na my own be dat oooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2017
tbaba1234:

Players do not keep mental records of these things. Someone in the NFF should have known.

The first card could be in the Swaziland games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:

I hammered on those 4 goals he conceded and his attorneys claimed they were not his fault. Because then the focus was on kicking Akpeyi out. Nothing else mattered.
What was said was that Enyeama in 2007 also conceeded 4goals against Ghana.
I also pointed out then, that 2 of the 4goals Ezenwa conceeded were penalties. My point in all of these, is that the 4goals he conceeded then doesn't hinder his growth nor does it prove the point that he is totally worse than Enyeama ever was.
But talking about the World Cup now, l think Uzoho has the height advantage, but we must see him in two or more games, l also think Ajiboye should be invited and Ezenwa seems more confident than Akpeyi.
Confidence is also key in goalkeeping.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:
Wait o.

This..... this right here is the reason you take your chances seriously and not be playing nonsense. Who knew this could come back and bite us? Imagine if we had drawn both matches against zambia.... or the incidence happened actually against Zambia.
Them for just carry one or 2 points senior us. Plus goals difference join.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2017
Danielnino00:

Its either BBC didn't use fan votes alone to decide the award or most Nigerians simply weren't patriotic enough to vote for Moses.. The Egyptian are very fierce supporters of their football teams and numbers but we obviously have more football followers than them..
As a Liverpool fan, I say congrats to Salah grin .. His form this season has been hot!!

He's likely to win the CAF award too..
Egypt have more football followers than Nigeria, we may have the population but not fierce supporter of the national team

Another thing is most Nigerian didn't vote cos it is not big brother
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
kennysville:

This..... this right here is the reason you take your chances seriously and not be playing nonsense. Who knew this could come back and bite us? Imagine if we had drawn both matches against zambia.... or the incidence happened actually against Zambia.
Them for just carry one or 2 points senior us. Plus goals difference join.

I tell you.

That NFF house for go down this night.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2017
Icon4s:

The first card could be in the Swaziland games
Yes it was actually against Swaziland away embarassed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2017
ChrisKels:
A Pointer ; please what's Deportivo B's position in the Segunda B? Did u know that Uzoho, with his heroics between the sticks, is on the verge of promoting his team to the Segunda division where Ondoa is a bench warmer? grin

Dude didn't get demoted because he was poor, only the coach knows why he sent him back to the B team. He is definitely better than Pantillimon and will be taking Panti's place in the first team to contend properly for the first choice when Panti's loan expires by the end of the season.

Dude is also about the best goalie in the division he currently plies his trade. 7cleansheets in 10 appearances no be beans. Even Enyeama who just came back, conceded in a division lower than this Segunda B. grin Not comparing the two but if Enyeama failed to turn up, Uzoho gets my nod.

Playing in division three can't be the yardstick to measure performance and get selected for a whole SE.

I will prefer he sits on the bench of his team first team in the la liga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2017
tbaba1234:
Someone in the Nff must lose their job for that error.
No one will loose his/her job.
How many of us here took note of it?
It's just a call for all of us to sit up.

De way wey this God take love Nigeria and the Super Eagles ehn

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2017
goldfish80:

Moses was dire in the game against Iran. He touched he ball just 13 times in his time on the pitch. He deservedly lost his place in the team afterwards.
I even forgot to add Mikel Obi himself didn't exactly cover himself in glory @ that world cup. He was as average as others, you may not want to admit it, but you can't prove me wrong.

I agree to your humble submissions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) (2356) (2357) (2358) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, Meliforme, PDPGuy, Hanibal(m), elyte89, jieta and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.