Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11704932 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
forgiveness:

I think it should be privatized.
it x well with naija
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2017
edi287:

I know about Sokari. He's used to be dubbed as the "Nigerian iniesta" those days. My point is many said Rohr is looking for someone to replicate Onazi's work and I'm asking why Sokari and not Joel Obi and Azubuike?? Both have better defensive qualities and offer more versatility(especially Joel Obi). I'm not against inviting him but it'd be unfair if someone like J Obi doesn't get an opportunity as well.

Nowadays, nobody understands the standard used for determining the invitation of players into the SE.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
forgiveness:

I also pray God console you and your family.

Thank you very much and God bless.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2017
chrisooblog:
sorry about your loss bro and you were carrying this burden these two months sad stay strong bro and continue to make your dad proud. regards and comfort to your family God bless

Thank you very much and God bless you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
forgiveness:

Nowadays, nobody understands the standard used for determining the invitation of players into the SE.

nowadays indeed

Aside Nwakali, mention any other unmerited or odd call up. Una just wan talk

If say na you be coach, we for dey call up ineligible players sef grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
Certitude:
Bad day for me as I lost my dear father this morning.

My sincere condolences bruh! May God be with you in this trying time and give to you the fortutude to bear the loss. Stay strong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
somehow:
Accept my sincere condolence.
@Certitude
Accept my sincere condolence
Thanks sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
enomakos:
take heart bro
Thanks a lot sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
kennysville:

My sincere condolences bruh! May God be with you in this trying time and give to you the fortutude to bear the loss. Stay strong
Thanks a lot sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2017
KC is better than Rashford. If Rashford isn't a Brit, would he be playing for Man Utd? I doubt it!

O pari

forgiveness:

Hahaha! This guy is comparing sleep with death. grin

Kane didn't just wake up one and found himself in this limelight because he is a British. He earned the right to play based on his talent and performance. Period.

Kc is not even up to Rashford, na Kane you wan compare am with?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
Bingo! You nailed it bro!

Careers have been made and destroyed simply because someone finds himself in a good or bad situation. A few years back Christian Benteke was setting the EPL on fire. Where is he now? A few years ago Wilfred Bony was one of the hottest strikers in the EPL. Where is he today? A few years ago, Joe Hart was being called one of the best goalkeepers in the world but the arrival of Pep practically spelled doom to his career.

Seriously guys, we need to think twice before criticizing some of our players. Sometimes it takes more than "hard work" to get ahead in this world.

O pari

junnyjake:

He wasn't even good enough then, he was a flop wherever he went on loan to. He could have been released alongside Ekong, bit they held on to him somehow and it's paying off.

Don't forget, pochettino is a genius, he has the ability to make average players play good football. I hope that very soon, nacho finds himself in a team that suits him, with a manager that believes in him.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
Are you serious? That's quite like him. Once Ayo gets sold on a player then he would tag that person Leo Messi the second! I can still recall how he used to promote Oshaniwa grin

O pari

edi287:

He loves Nwakali ehnnn. In all his teams, he always has him in the first 11.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ol' boy, you're really Britico through and through! Just like one of your fans who wanted to sue me on twitter when I called Dele Alli a Nigerian Brit.

Daniel Sturridge is a good striker but you can't really rate him since he's never injury free.

O pari

komekn:

Zaha English born and English made.

Are you saying Sturridge is not quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2017
Danycrusoe:
I heard the Nigeria v Egypt friendly will be played on this..... pitch? Farm? Bush? A combination of all

This is an old picture naaa undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
Haba! TheGoodJoe, you too don join our club?

Don't worry, the almighty God who is the father of the fatherless will see you through. Just put your trust in him. Trust me, he never disappoints.

Accept my condolence bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2017
Haha!! Ol' boy, you're a real business man grin

Let me tell you why that wouldn't be a fair bet:

You know, as well as I do, that KC would most likely start on the bench, especially if he doesn't start playing regularly by the second half of the season. And in addition, based on the group draws, England stands a much better chance of making it out of their group; hence HK would most likely have more games under his belt than KC (and that's assuming KC plays).

O pari

komekn:

Put your money where your mouth is.

Keep it simple who scores the most goals at the end of the tournament £200.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
Sorry to badge in, but you didn't really answer the question. The question was: what if he keeps getting us the results without the duo...will u still persecute him?

You guys need to understand that a coach should live and die by his results, whether he invites your favorite player or not. Don't get me wrong, I am Joel Obi's biggest fan here and would like to see him get an invite. However, I am willing to live with it if Rohr decides to against inviting him .... as long as Rohr gets the results. You guys need to understand that a good team doesn't necessarily have to comprise of the best players, but the players who fit into your program and your style of play. Take for instance, Williams was Chelsea's best player two seasons ago but when Conte came, he became a fringe player in the team. But nobody questioned Conte because he was getting results.

O pari

edi287:

How many CMs do we have in better form than Joel Obi or are even as talented?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:51pm On Dec 15, 2017
Nigeria is useless country, mhen. We can't even maintain our national stadium? Can't they afford common lawn mowers?

O pari o

Danycrusoe:
I heard the Nigeria v Egypt friendly will be played on this..... pitch? Farm? Bush? A combination of all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
Goal super eagles take the lead courtesy of Sunday falaye 1-0 live on nta sports

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
PROVERBZ:
Goal super eagles take the lead courtesy of Sunday falaye 1-0 live on nta sports
How's the picture quality grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2017
Odunayaw:
How's the picture quality grin
its OK

New revelation here Sunday falaye and victor mboama bright bright future

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
PROVERBZ:
its OK

Were they at the WAFU cup? How old are they?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
PROVERBZ:
its OK

Probably NTA Sports is better. NTAi is horrible

Been keeping tabs on mboama since I watched him against Shooting Stars in Ibadan

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 5:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
i have seen kingsley sokari and he plays calmly without pressure, he is also good at long balls from the center too. Joel obi invitation to the team is a valid one but let's also remember we don't have an player aside mikel or maybe iwobi in the midfield with these attributes too. IMO the coach has a clear idea of what he wants and the type of players to suit such system.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
This youngster rejected Morocco for Spain.. Ibrahim Diaz... I hope he is good enough to represent Spain.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
Chan eagles will play the finals of the competition on Sunday should be live on super sports

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
tbaba1234:

Were they at the WAFU cup? How old are they?
no no non of dem where in that squad this ones are young boys

Sunday falaye at 18 scores on his shootings stars debut and his chan eagles debut

Victor mboama is very well known amongst npfl lovers he almost scores all of remo stars goals last season but now he has moved to mfm and will play caf champions league and is probably 20 -22

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
PROVERBZ:
no no non of dem where in that squad this ones are young boys

Sunday falaye at 18 scores on his shootings stars debut and his chan eagles debut

Victor mboama is very well known amongst npfl lovers he almost scores all of remo stars goals last season but now he has moved to mfm and will play caf champions league and is probably 20 -22

Alright, good to see that they are injecting young players. The WAFU team was not good enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
PL: Iheanacho is talented enough to be a success – Amuneke

Calvin Emeka OnwukaDecember 15, 2017English Premier League, Football, News

Pinterest

When Nigeria won the FIFA U17 World Cup in the UAE in 2013 one player stood out for the Golden Eaglets – Kelechi Iheanacho. Fitting that he was voted the Most Valuable Player at the end. Many Nigerians felt that finally the country has found a successor to Kanu Nwankwo and JJ Okocha in terms of a creator and scorer of goals.

Iheanacho eventually joined Man City in the English Premier League and his role changed. From the City youth team it was clear that he has been moved to be a striker, “a top 9”. Even though he had good numbers in terms of goals-to-games ratio, the arrival of Pep Guardiola and with him the Brazilian, Gabriel Jesus, meant the end of the Nigerian at City.

Iheanacho with Guardiola at Man City

A move to Leicester City in the summer had many Nigerians hoping he will play regularly but it has not turned out quite like that. Was Iheanacho wrong to move to the Premier League to start with? “Absolutely not” says his coach at the U17 level, former Barcelona and Nigerian World Cup star, Emmanuel Amuneke. “In terms of ability, Kele (Iheanacho) can play in any league in the world even at that time he moved to City” Amuneke was in conversation with aclsports.com during the launch of the BBC African Footballer of the Year Award in London.

Is it his current position as a striker that is the problem? Watford forward and Iheanacho’s team mate at the U17 level Isaac Success believes that “to enjoy Kele, you have to play him in the hole behind the striker. His vision, his ability to spot a run is amazing. He is the best player I have played with”.

Amuneke continues “his talent is not in doubt; he just needs to work hard, listen to what his manager wants – because I know he is a humble boy – and he will be back to the Kele we all know and love. He will be fine”.

Leicester City’s manager Claude Puel has implied that he might be prepared to let Iheanacho leave in January as “we have many players for the striker role and we have players who truly deserve game time. So some might be allowed to leave if they so desire”.

Should Iheanacho decide to move in January it will be important he goes to where he can play regularly as Nigeria needs him match fit going into the world cup next summer.

https://www.aclsports.com/7776-2/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Most of Rohr's midfield set-up has three midfielders who can play as a defensive midfielder. Joel Obi might be brilliant but with respect of the DMF criteria, you will see he does not fit in. My assumption might be wrong, but if you look through that prism, you will see Joel Obi does not fit in. So it depends on the managers philosophy and what he intends to achieve.
Joel Obi can play as a DM, CM, LM and LB. His defensive side of the game isn't that bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
Icon79:
Sorry to badge in, but you didn't really answer the question. The question was: what if he keeps getting us the results without the duo...will u still persecute him?

You guys need to understand that a coach should live and die by his results, whether he invites your favorite player or not. Don't get me wrong, I am Joel Obi's biggest fan here and would like to see him get an invite. However, I am willing to live with it if Rohr decides to against inviting him .... as long as Rohr gets the results. You guys need to understand that a good team doesn't necessarily have to comprise of the best players, but the players who fit into your program and your style of play. Take for instance, Williams was Chelsea's best player two seasons ago but when Conte came, he became a fringe player in the team. But nobody questioned Conte because he was getting results.

O pari

edi287:

Haven't I been praising his performances since? Does that mean no one can point out flaws and question ridiculous invitations like that of Nwakali? Or like I asked you earlier - do you think Rohr is God or something?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
Icon4s:
Haba! TheGoodJoe, you too don join our club?

Don't worry, the almighty God who is the father of the fatherless will see you through. Just put your trust in him. Trust me, he never disappoints.

Accept my condolence bro.

Thank you very much and God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m), damagnificentusb(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.