Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,277 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11691987 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) (2382) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Thank you very much and God bless you.

Accept my condolences, bro. My thoughts and prayers are with you and certitude.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2017
Kpele oh my brother

TheGoodJoe:

Very sorry for your loss. I am dealing with the same heartache. I lost my dad over a month now. During the end of October and it has been hectic. I pray God gives you and your family the strength to bear this painful loss.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
No i'm not in support of castigating any player.
I'm #TeamPeformance anyway.
I was just making a case that we have to accept the MRI standard and stop casting doubts on the ages of the players that have been tested.

forgiveness:

I do accept the age of those who passed the MRI but I don't believe because their age is almost correct other players informed should be discarded based on age cheat in the past.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
goldfish80:
Discrediting players based on age is quite petty. Emphasis should be on performance not age.
The Swiss grand master Roger Federer at 36 played his best tennis at the Aussie open and Wimbledon. As a matter of fact, he won the Wimbledon without dropping a set.

In athletics, current world 100 meters champion Justin Gatlin is no spring chicken.

How about basketball? LeBron James is 32 and still looks unstoppable. I watch him power through games and dominate much younger players with ruthless abandon.

Stated above are 3 physically demanding sports. One may even argue these sports are much more physically demanding than football, yet the best in these sports aren't teenagers.

I don't know why people insist we must go to the world cup with an U23 team. Not when the last 4 world cup finals have been contested by older and experienced teams.
Anyone in doubt should check the average age of world cup finalists from 2006-2014

To add more to the list, what about Serena Williams who is 36 already and won the Aussie open this year. Martina Navratilova played till she was 38 (Wimbledon runner up at 38 and winner at age 34) and the bronze queen of athletics Merlene Ottey racing into her 30s. At age 34 immediately Maradona got banned from the 94 world cup, argentina fell apart, if not for Maradona, probably we would have at least drawn with Argentina or even get a win in 1994. So please let's not write off anyone based on age.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
I was wondering the same.
If you have a problem with one or two invites that does not make the whole system flawed.
Or is there anywhere in the world where there is a rule book or something for every coach that comes in?

safarigirl:
nowadays indeed

Aside Nwakali, mention any other unmerited or odd call up. Una just wan talk

If say na you be coach, we for dey call up ineligible players sef grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
MLS TRANSFER NEWS
Recuperating Portland Timber's center-back, Gbenga Arokoyo to Atlanta United

Source: ANS

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
lexyman:

you re very correct , he felt he is analysing the team, but 90% of what he mentioned was correct about super eagles, even the croatian team... if that forum is very popular in their country , they will work on their team to be better .

That muthaphucka is snitching on us, it’s not as if they can’t watch and analyse Super Eagles’s matches but a Nigerian displaying such attitude on a foreign/enemy’s forum is stupid.

He was just trying to show off his debating skills. He riled and disrespected the Croats boasting that Nigeria would beat them by 3 unreplied goals!, bragged about the victory over the Argies in the last friendly and he got the sort of responses he deserved.

Let’s not be carried away by that victory. Argentina missed lots of chances. We might have a young and hardworking team of energetic young men but Croatia is highly favoured to win, the goal keeping issue might haunt us if we don’t sort it out.
I hope we be able to stifle the threats of the likes of Perisic. He is fast, very skilful and can shoot hard and precisely at narrow and tight angles. Shehu, Ebuehi need to be fit and in top form to deal with that. Manzudkic is strong and deadly,Kalinic, Ratikic all are serious threats feeding off the deadly passes of Modric. The winner of that first match might top the group. I think Croatia will not lose to Argentina and I have a feeling Argentina might have a bad experience in Russia. I wish them disaster.

That boy ‘Super Eagles’ should stop showing off and disrescting Croatia. They see him as a Serb troll probably because of his knowledge of Croatia history and politics.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
Kano pillars lost woefully to AS Rades of Morroco 75:97.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
kennysville:

My sincere condolences bruh! May God be with you in this trying time and give to you the fortutude to bear the loss. Stay strong
RIP bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
Anytime I see this surname I laugh especially if the bearer is a female
Joebie:
MLS TRANSFER NEWS
Recuperating Portland Timber's center-back, Gbenga Arokoyo to Atlanta United

Source: ANS

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
ChrisKels:

Make we hear word abeg. Gomez nullified Neymar. Do u care to see other league matches besides the EPL at all?

Nantes against Psg, Awaziem single-handedly rendered Neymar useless, at the end of the day, Unai Emery and Psg president went complaining to the France FA and the referees Union (whatever the body is called), that Neymar needs protection from no joy (no nonsense) players like Awaziem.

In essence, getting Neymar nullified in a match ain't no big deal. If u say it ain't no mean fit, thats cool, but remember people have been doing it without making noise unlike Gomez and the English media (u inclusive).

It's amazing how persons will quote an imaginary game that was played in thier dreams in order to promote a view.

You used the term single handedly rendered Neymar useless. This implies that they won the game.

Some basic statistics PSG had 76% possession mustered 22 shots on target when Nantes had in the entire game one shot on target.

How many assists towards shots on goal did Neymar make and how many shots on goal. Neymar was not shut down at all. Indeed how many times in the entire match did Awaziem succeed fairly in getting the ball off Neymar Actually not once.

How many fouls did Awaziem concede in the match resulting in a yellow card for him. Actually more than five.

In the clip Neymar nutmegs him and leaves him for dead with pace. On one occasion he attempts a tackle momentarily but he couldn't get away because Neymar took the ball back with his superior pace. I am not sure but De Maria's goal is deflected in from a poor block by Awaziem it seems.

Below is a YouTube clip of the games main highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zIiRABg8e8

Also the match reports from Sky below in which they lost 4-1. Yet you say Neymar was pocketed by Awaziem. Consider Neymar assists and influence really shows the misrepresentation.

http://www.skysports.com/football/psg-vs-nantes/stats/373605

If you can consider the England and Brazil friendly watch Gomez and then you will see dominance. Neymar could not beat Gomez for pace and or skill him off. That's why he was given the MOTM a complete dominance in the defence for England.

The game in question with regards to Gomez is for the national team not the EPL. So once again you are being misleading.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
SUPER EAGLES OPPONENT, CROATIA, GETS WORLD CUP BASE

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6415744_rapshodyforestryresort534x445_jpeg9dd5ecbcfff97de82e7a19674c67a269

BY BOLAJI OKUNOLA.

Nigeria’s first Group opponents at the Russia 2018 World Cup, Croatia has picked Forest Rhapsody Resort in the village Ilicevo in Zelenogorsk, about 60km to Saint Petersburg as its camp base. The Super Eagles open their campaign in Russia with a clash with Croatia in Kaliningrad.

Croatia, five times World Cup campaigners, revealed their camp base on their authenticated twitter handle.

Sports Village Square has gathered from a news source in Croatia, Total-Croatia-News, that the choice of Forest Rhapsody Resort is informed by the vastness of Russia where teams will have to travel long distances from one match venue to the other.

The camp base chosen is in the Northern part of Russia as two of Croatia’s three group matches will be played in the North.

After the first match with Nigeria at Kaliningrad, which is an exclave between Poland and Lithuania, Croatia will have to travel 1,684.9 km to Nizhmny Novgorod to face Argentina. By road, the journey is about 22 hours.

From there to Rostove-on-Don, the venue for the third match with Iceland is another 61 hour drive. The Croatian team reasoned that from their Camp Base to St Petersburg is a 50 minute bus drive from where the team can catch flights for their encounters with Nigeria and Argentina in about an hour 20 minutes.

https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/2017/12/15/super-eagles-opponent-croatia-gets-world-cup-base/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:01pm On Dec 15, 2017
Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
junnyjake:

Would he be given a fair chance??

It's not just to give him some 3 cameo appearances and expect him to score an hat trick. If a team can do without you, they won't see your use.

Don't also forget, Allardyce wasn't the one that brought him to the team.

The EPL will not change for any player. You have to hit the ground running, time is a very scarce commodity you get 2/ 3 games to show your quality after that if you don't know show quality. You could be dropped.

Whether you are from England or you are from China it doesn't matter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
krattoss:
the same thing happened to musa and kc according to u...but what of ndidi?
Why wasn't he singled out?
Look at ndidi..he came and kept the ground running ...this is a guy from different league and different atmosphere. .yet he kept his coo l and kept his ground running. .

Truthfully kc was given chances and opportunities but he failed woefully. .he has played not less than 10 premiere leagues games..no goal nor assist to his name if am not mistaken. .
And u know the funny and unlocks part for him?
Leicester is currently doing wonders without him.so I fear he is gonna stuck their @ their un23's untill miracle happens..because neither Gray, okazaki,mahrez,not vardy is ready to slip up...

And I hope gernort rohr unsentimentallly calls our best performing legs to the world cup no matter whose ox is gored. .

Thank you

I was wondering do some people need xray vision to see the obvious. This is not about discrimination or bias or racism. Demari Grey was frozen out he put his head down worked hard now he is number 1 on the team sheet.

I said this before KC is not a n out an our striker he needs support. Without it his limited capacity as a true No. 9 becomes exposed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
junnyjake:

Ndidi was signed to replace kante. What can you say about Nacho?? Leicester City realised they had no need for him after he was signed.

Ndidi coming from the lowly Belguim league has performed KC coming from the high flying Manchester city has flopped for Leicester.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
I am so impressed Ajiboye manned the goal post for the tie.

NPFL Invitational: Home Eagles Outscore Enyimba, Reach Final

By Adeboye Amosu in Kano: The home-based Super Eagles have progressed into the final of the Nigeria Professional Football League invitational tournament following a 1-0 win against Enyimba in their Group A clash at the Sani Abacha Stadium here in Kano on Friday, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Sunday Faleye who shone in the NPFL for relegated Shooting Stars of Ibadan last season scored the winning goal for the Super Eagles in the 56th minute.

Salisu Yusuf’s charges top the group with four points ahead of Plateau United and Enyimba who finished in second and third position with two and one points respectively.

Yusuf made 10 changes to the team that played against NPFL champions Plateau United on Wednesday with only Stephen Eze retaining his place in the starting line-up.

The team was impressive right from the start with Austin Oladapo and Dayo Ojo pulling the strings in midfield.

The first chance of the game fell to Faleye in the seventh minute but he directed his header off the post following a beautiful cross from Ifeanyi Nweke.

The impressive Faleye was causing problems for the Enyimba defence and on 11 minutes he teed up Ojo who failed to direct his shot on goal.

Enyimba who looked out of sorts up till that moment were left off the hook again in the 15th minute when Emeka Ogbuh’s shot hit the woodwork.

Ojo came close again for the Home Eagles in the 27th minute, his effort going narrowly wide with Enyimba goalkeeper Fatau Dauda well beaten.

The Home Eagles upped their game after the break with Eze and Oladapo coming close to breaking the deadlock for the team.

They were however left off the hook on 52 minutes with Stanley Dimgba missing a sitter for Enyimba.

Faleye then broke the deadlock for the Home Eagles in the 56th minute.

The youngster controlled a long ball from Nweke and blasted the ball past Fatau Dauda in the Enyimba goal.

Oladele Ajiboye produced a fine save to deny Freedom Omofowan late on
as Enyimba battled hard to find the leveller.

Ajiboye also denied Chinonso Okonkwo off a free kick in the final minutes of the encounter.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/npfl-invitational-home-eagles-outscore-enyimba-reach-final/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
komekn:

Ndidi coming from the lowly Belguim league has performed KC coming from the high flying Manchester city has flopped for Leicester.

I prefer a career tracjectory like Ndidi. Starting from the dutch or Belgian league, learn your trade, fix the mistakes with low pressure, then gradually start going up.

KC is very talented. I feel he is the most gifted finisher that Nigeria has produced since Yekini. But he has not improved other aspects of his game. I believe, He will still come good though.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
junnyjake:

Please, tell me about Nathan Oduwa, you must have seen him in training a couple of times while he was still at spurs.

I had so much hope on that young lad, I just can't forget one of his goals he scored by first of all deceiving the keeper with a fake shot before scoring.

I seriously don't want to believe his showboating is exactly what has seen him currently in Slovenia. Thanks!

You know I will say this again my DNA is Nigerian I like show boating, skills and flair. I have had to realise sometimes, it's just playing to the gallery and it's not always resulting in effective delivery for advantage in the field of play.

Nathan Oduwa has the skills and technical ability. But his delivery to gain advantage is some how missing. His work rate and anticipation is suspect. He has been seriously over taken in my opinion by small boys in Tottenham.

I remember Tega Onomah at Tottenham too he was playing all that show boating stuff. He has changed reading the game working hard incredible anticipation and the eye for a killer defence splitting pass. Totally unselfish.

Mark my words next season I see him making waves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:15pm On Dec 15, 2017
komekn:

It's amazing how persons will quote an imaginary game that was played in thier dreams in order to promote a view.

You used the term single handedly rendered Neymar useless. This implies that they won the game.

Some basic statistics PSG had 76% possession mustered 22 shots on target when Nantes had in the entire game one shot on target.

How many assists towards shots on goal did Neymar make and how many shots on goal. Neymar was not shut down at all. Indeed how many times in the entire match did Awaziem succeed fairly in getting the ball off Neymar Actually not once.

How many fouls did Awaziem concede in the match resulting in a yellow card for him. Actually more than five.

In the clip Neymar nutmegs him and leaves him for dead with pace. On one occasion he attempts a tackle momentarily but he couldn't get away because Neymar took the ball back with his superior pace. I am not sure but De Maria's goal is deflected in from a poor block by Awaziem it seems.

Below is a YouTube clip of the games main highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zIiRABg8e8

Also the match reports from Sky below in which they lost 4-1. Yet you say Neymar was pocketed by Awaziem. Consider Neymar assists and influence really shows the misrepresentation.

http://www.skysports.com/football/psg-vs-nantes/stats/373605

If you can consider the England and Brazil friendly watch Gomez and then you will see dominance. Neymar could not beat Gomez for pace and or skill him off. That's why he was given the MOTM a complete dominance in the defence for England.

The game in question with regards to Gomez is for the national team not the EPL. So once again you are being misleading.

Awaziem did shackle Neymar for a period in the game.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
tbaba1234:

Awaziem did shackle Neymar for a period in the game.

Not on his own they double teamed him but it didn't shackle hin he just changed direction. It then opened up for De Maria and Cavan and others. Poor game plan against PSG concentrating on one player. When they have an abundance of stars.

Was he shackled no I disagree. But to say that Awaziem single-handedly rendered him useless is making mockery of the word exaggeration.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:22pm On Dec 15, 2017
Salisu To Invite NPFL Invitational Stars To Home Eagles CHAN Squad

By Adeboye Amosu in Kano:

Home-based Super Eagles coach Salisu Yusuf will reshuffle his squad for the African Nations Championship (CHAN) with players who have made an impact at the ongoing Nigeria Professional Football League invitational tournament in Kano to be offered the chance to stake claims for spots in the squad, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

CHAN will run from January 13 to February 4 in Morocco.

Salisu released a 30-man list for the NPFL invitational last week, a competition his team is using to prepare for CHAN.

Already the duo of Joseph Osadiaye and Destiny Ashade have been ruled out of the competition due to injury.

Plateau United forward Tosin Omoyele and Enyimba new arrivals Wasiu Alalade and Chinedu Udeagha have impressed in the competition.

“The NPFL invitational is a big chance to discover new players for CHAN and the (coach) is ready to give players who impress here the opportunity to go to Morocco,” a reliable source at the team’s Tahir Palace Hotel informed Completesportsnigeria. com.

“Already, we have pencilled down some names and they will be invited immediately the competition is over.

” The players who are already in the team know the stake is high and we are happy others are fighting hard to come in, which is another good reason to have a competition like this.

“The second phase of our pre-season will start early next year and we hope all the players will give their all.”

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/salisu-invite-npfl-invitational-stars-home-eagles-chan-squad/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2017
Icon79:
Do you know what else Kane has going for him? Being given playing time. Like I had always said, you can't score if you don't play. I wouldn't put it past KC that if he has been given as much playing time as Kane (and made the primary target man), he would've scored as many goals as Kane. After all, Kane wasn't scoring when he was sitting on the bench for Emmanuel Adebayor and others, remember?

O pari

I am lost with your approach.

Kane us given non stop time because he keeps scoring every time he plays that's not the case for KC.

They are not comparable.

I was talking to the former head of Tottenham academy and he said up until 18 they were not sure he had it.

Consider how many loans moves he went on before he came good. He never got a solid run until he was well into his twenties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
Make I check these people.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
Nigeria: Rohr Considers Inviting Sokari for Friendly Against Poland

FIFA world cup trophy.

Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr is considering inviting CS Sfaxien midfielder Kingsley Sokari for the pre-World Cup friendly against Poland on March 23, 2018, according to reports.

Although respected Tunisian outlet Gnet has claimed that the playmaker will definitely be summoned by the Nigeria Football Federation for the friendly in Poland, it is known that the list will not be made public until the first week of March next year.

The former Enyimba star, dubbed the New Iniesta in his homeland, has consistently churned out brilliant displays in the Tunisian Ligue 1 in the ongoing season and has taken part in all but one of the games played by the club.

Sokari was named CS Sfaxien's Player of the Month for November 2017 and officially picked as Man of the Match in his team's 1-0 win over Metlaoui late November.

A product of Port Harcourt City Academy, Sokari starred for the Flying Eagles at the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup and was on target from 25 yards out in their 4-0 win against Korea DPR.

He has full caps for the Super Eagles but has not been invited to the national team since the appointment of Gernot Rohr.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201712150097.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
Orkpekyandega:

cc: Komekn

How do you know they are all U13.

I have been at a EPL academy and there is a boy brought not from West Africa in the U 12 category. He is killing everyone but they have shaved 2/3 years of his age.

I know boys brought in from Guinea Bissau at thus stage just two years off the age and he's top of the group. And will remain top until first team one of these boys has a transfer fee now of £8 million.

So the quest for competitive advantage causes corrupt practices even here. So I doubt that Nigeria will be any different.

I will tell you u have association with academies in Nigeria and Benin city in particular. And it's not hidden what they are doing.

So if you think I will be made to feel that my experiential observation are incorrect that will simply not work.

The problem we have mirrors the Nigerian situation we know that most police and politician are corrupt. That we find it hard to believe that any honest ones exist, there will be but, we all remain skeptical.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
AIG07:
Make I check these people.
Oga no mind us oooo.
Chaiiii e don tey.
Hope you doing fine?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
Joebie:
It's one thing to say a league is better than the other competitively. Yet it's another to say one is supreme and the other is trash.
All I have said is these so called back water league aren't as bad as many of us want to make it seem.
These days I've started paying attention to other leagues and I must say the level has been quite high.

When a league is rated 10 positions above another the matter of superiority is not for debate.

That there are exceptional players in low level leagues is not in doubt. However, they stand out and end up leaving as they become so outstanding.

If we pick players from low level leagues they should be unquestionably outstanding. That's my position.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
Danycrusoe:

Bro make I no lie u, I m not really good at discussing football tactically and analytically, reason is because 1) I am not always opportuned to see games frequently, Nigerian matches are the few ones I see on a frequent basis
2) I watch to entertain myself most of the times .

however I really want to go deep into tactical discussions but I find it hard to do and that's y I always watch others do it in order to learn.

before I only knew 4 departments on the field of play which is GK Defence Midfield and Attack now I know the sub departments like DM AM CF WF LB RB and some others. I v learnt a lot from this thread even more than playing Play Station has taught me.

I really value the contributions of Kog45 Tbaba Icon4s, please where is Joseph the founder of this thread he also is a member of the honourable elders, someone who has slotted into this thread without any look of a newcomer is soetanoreoluwa, I like his contributions too AiG07 where at thou, in fact everyone on this thread is great I appreciate always being here. Goke too is someone who drops by time to time. thegoodjoe I no 4get am. forgiveness, Mickeal, elyte and omanbala, how can I forget Komekn. he believes league 2 in England is bigger and better than the eredivise in Holland (na joke o bro).

so davep I'll join in the tactical and analytical discussion when I get the full grasp of it which is very very soon. for now I'll discuss the ones I can and no I'm not waiting for the NPFL that's a long time from now.
Hey! Dany. I'm pretty cool. Thanks Man. It's been a longtime. But folks here have make it look like ages. Chai! 600+pages. Kilode... Where do I begin from. Make I sharply do random reading...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
Joebie:
Sir, the context is development.
EPL being very competitive is just one issue. Also consider that over half of the teams there have a very poor playing philosophy, and I don't care how much gra gra they bring to their matches.
Most of our players are better of developing elsewhere. And of course they can come to the EPL much later, and hopefully sign for bigger teams with superior tactics.

I cannot completely disagree with you.

You do have a point the EPL is very impatient the bigger the club the greater the impatience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
Orkpekyandega:
Nigerian Striker Obafemi Nets 18-Minute Hat-Trick As Southampton March On In FAYC

Talented Nigerian striker Michael Obafemi scored a hat-trick in Southampton's 4-1 rout of Wolverhampton Wanderers at St Mary's Stadium in the third round of the FA Youth Cup on Thursday.

Obafemi started in attack for the young Saints along with Jonathan Afolabi, while United States Soccer Federation target Owen Otasowie entered into the fray in the 83rd minute for the visitors.

Against the run of play Carr gave Wolves the lead on 23 minutes, but Southampton were back on level terms at the interval courtesy of Hamblin's goal.

Obafemi made it 2-1 in the 72nd minute, increased the lead four minutes later before scoring from the penalty spot to complete his hat-trick in the 90th minute.

Reflecting on the hat-trick, Obafemi told Southampton's official webpage:''It’s a very special night. It’s my first hat-trick for the club, so it’s onwards and upwards from here.

''We’ve not had the best results from youth level through to the first team, so it’s a big boost for the club.''

Obafemi, who has caps for Republic of Ireland U19 team, has netted 11 goals in all competitions for Southampton U18s so far this season.

Igho Kingsley

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=25833

I have watched him quite a few times over the past three years. I really expected him by now to be playing first team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
Algeria 1 Vs 1 Nigeria
Nigeria 4 Vs 2 Argentina.

I'm happy to be back. Seriously I don miss you people.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) (2380) (2381) (2382) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: immobilare(m), Kog45(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.