Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,480 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11693282 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
He also plays like Messi,RONALDO, Hazard and even Ronaldinho combined. He's better than all our current attackers.We must take him to the World Cup. He's a future BallonD'or winner.

You didn't mention all his assets, bro.
lol youv done justice to his abilities. but better than all our current attackers is kinda far fetched, personally I think can get a spot in the team but he need play time to justify himself.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Jump into the WC squad just like that??
I suppose Rohr has plans to not invite one of the regular goalies in March....I think Akpeyi is about to lose his spot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
I really feel for this guy and Iheanacho's career.

Nothing is happening to kayode's career. His situation is far better than Iheanacho for now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
forgiveness:

Nothing is happening to kayode's career. His situation is far better than Iheanacho for now.
hmm... How?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Vic moses dropped as d final three man list of APOTY revealed...salah aubameyang and Mane

Oya open up d floor with series of argument, y Moses should b dropped or not grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
hmm... How?

Because he always plays if he is available.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
elyte89:
Vic moses dropped as d final three man list of APOTY revealed...salah aubameyang and Mane

Oya open up d floor with series of argument, y Moses should b dropped or not grin
he is not a scorer of goals. I you don't score in today's football, you cannot win these awards. I don't even take them seriously anymore, they do such disservice to none strikers

Let us see how next year goes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Nice. but that's if he maintains his current form.
Exactly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Russianruble: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jose Mourinho Manchester United
The Lagos-born midfielder could feature for the Red Devils against West Brom on Sunday after an injury crisis befell the club
Article continues below

Manchester United drafted youngster Tosin Kehinde into first-team training prior to their Premier League clash with West Brom on Sunday.

The Red Devils are without Marouane Fellaini and Michael Carrick against the Baggies, while star midfielder Paul Pogba is suspended for the encounter.

Scott McTominay started against Bournemouth in midweek, along with Nemanja Matic, as United won 1-0.

Ander Herrera is fit and could play against the Baggies, meaning it is unlikely that Kehinde will be thrown in at the deep end by starting against West Brom.

Kehinde is primarily a left midfielder, but he is versatile, and has played both in the middle and on the right of midfield.

A stunning strike against Chelsea caught the attention of many United fans, and he has made nine appearances for the club's Under-23 side this season.

Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Kehinde missed the entirety of the 2014-15 season due to a back injury, but will hope to make up for lost time by featuring with the senior squad way ahead of time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Russianruble: 1:07pm On Dec 18, 2017
Tosin Kehinde is our own, let's watch out for him embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
Russianruble:
Jose Mourinho Manchester United
The Lagos-born midfielder could feature for the Red Devils against West Brom on Sunday after an injury crisis befell the club
Article continues below

Manchester United drafted youngster Tosin Kehinde into first-team training prior to their Premier League clash with West Brom on Sunday.

The Red Devils are without Marouane Fellaini and Michael Carrick against the Baggies, while star midfielder Paul Pogba is suspended for the encounter.

Scott McTominay started against Bournemouth in midweek, along with Nemanja Matic, as United won 1-0.

Ander Herrera is fit and could play against the Baggies, meaning it is unlikely that Kehinde will be thrown in at the deep end by starting against West Brom.

Kehinde is primarily a left midfielder, but he is versatile, and has played both in the middle and on the right of midfield.

A stunning strike against Chelsea caught the attention of many United fans, and he has made nine appearances for the club's Under-23 side this season.

Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Kehinde missed the entirety of the 2014-15 season due to a back injury, but will hope to make up for lost time by featuring with the senior squad way ahead of time.
why post an old article considering the game was yesterday and the boy didn't feature in it? undecided

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Russianruble: 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
why post an old article considering the game was yesterday and the boy didn't feature in it? undecided
If I marry you, we will watch match together before we begin our own bedroom match wink
I will eat your meaty kpekus before burying my shaft in your sugar walls. I will not pour all my 3 litres thick akamu inside your clean pot unless its too sweet shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:16pm On Dec 18, 2017
Russianruble:

If I marry you, we will watch match together before we begin our own bedroom match wink
I will eat your meaty kpekus before burying my shaft in your sugar walls. I will not pour all my 3 litres thick akamu inside your clean pot unless its too sweet shocked
how does this relate to the topic?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Russianruble: 1:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
how does this relate to the topic?

I just love you and care about you kiss

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hey who re those toasting grin grin each oda,dis is not a romance section, na eagles we dey discuss ooo grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
forgiveness:

Because he always plays if he is available.
Nope, he doesn't always play. And when he plays, its a stoppage time introduction.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
mrmartins551:
account boosting procedure

We do not boost account here take it to other threads. It may be useful there

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
Nope, he doesn't always play. And when he plays, its a stoppage time introduction.
thanks for this.

Forgiveness be talking like he's the only one with internet access
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
he is not a scorer of goals. I you don't score in today's football, you cannot win these awards. I don't even take them seriously anymore, they do such disservice to none strikers

What is the use of a striker without conversions?

You cannot win an award in life without excellence. Excellence in football is based on stats, depending on your position on the field. Strikers (goals, assists, medals won etc.), midfielder (assists, goals, tackles won etc) Defenders (tackles, assists, goals, etc). Cannavaro a defender won the FIFA best player not long ago because he was excellent stats. Even a goal keeper can win these awards based on excellence.

So that's life. You want to be on top? Work hard and beat the STATS.

Conclusion; Those guys had more end products than Moses this season. Sentiments aside.

Questence.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
Questence:

What is the use of a striker without conversions?

You cannot win an award in life without excellence. Excellence in football is based on stats, depending on your position on the field. Strikers (goals, assists, medals won etc.), midfielder (assists, goals, tackles won etc) Defenders (tackles, assists, goals, etc). Cannavaro a defender won the FIFA best player not long ago because he was superb in tackles. Even a goal keeper can win these awards based on excellent stats.

So that's life. You want to be on top? Work hard and beat the STATS.

Conclusion; Those guys had more end products than Moses this season. Sentiments aside.

Questence.
when last did a non-forward win any individual award?

Sentiments aside, answer that question.

So, only the strikers excel in their positions? So, Ndidi will kill himself this season and rack up stats left and right, but you will tell me he wasn't as excellent as someone who scored twelve goals?

End products that cannot win team trophies, what is the point? The most annoying person on that list is Aubemeyang that has failed woefully for Gabon, but someone still slots him there because of Dortmund even as it is called CAF APOTY.

I like how easy it is for you people to blame everything on imaginary sentiments. Very easy tactic, even the word is getting old
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
Good day everyone

This is my first time commenting on this thread and i have been following inteigent insights from you guys but i just thought i shoud chip in a bit of my opinion.

There has been talk of some of our under-performing stars (if i may put it this way) such as Kelechi Iheanacho, Olanrewaju Kayode, Isaac success, Alampasu just to mention a few.

One thing i've noticed about some Nigerian sportsmen abroad is the mentality that they have arrived. It is possible that these guys aren't just working hard enough to improve on every aspect of their game. They are not striving hard to get better and are not making good use of the world facilities present in this countries that their counterparts here can only dream of.

Recently, isaac success as involved in a debacle with some prostitutes in England and they claimed he refused to pay them and slept off drunk. That didn't strike me as one trying to work hard to become "successful"

Take Nacho for example, he fell below the pecking order in Man city and the same thing has happened at leicester. I don't want to believe that Claude Puel and Pep hate him or that he isn't talented enough. These dudes might just be slacking off and are content to having made it to the EPL.

Nobody has raised the above points and I just thought i should. Just take a look at Alampasu, the star goal-keeper of the victorious Golden-Eaglets doesn't even feature for feirense (not as if its barca or madrid or chelsea ooo. Haaa). 2013 is 4 years ago and they should have gotten their acts together by now. They ought to understand that talent alone is never enough.

I continually hope they get better so that they can do themselves, their families, clubs and Nigerians proud

I rest my case

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2017
It's quite a pity that I don't see any Nigerian that is deemed fit to win these awards in the nearest future. .

Because all of our players are inconsistent..

The only player I see that has the tendency is iwobi if he develops on his goalscoring and assist abilities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
darkelf:
Good day everyone

This is my first time commenting on this thread and i have been following inteigent insights from you guys but i just thought i shoud chip in a bit of my opinion.

There has been talk of some of our under-performing stars (if i may put it this way) such as Kelechi Iheanacho, Olanrewaju Kayode, Isaac success, Alampasu just to mention a few.

One thing i've noticed about some Nigerian sportsmen abroad is the mentality that they have arrived. It is possible that these guys aren't just working hard enough to improve on every aspect of their game. They are not striving hard to get better and are not making good use of the world facilities present in this countries that their counterparts here can only dream of.

Recently, isaac success as involved in a debacle with some prostitutes in England and they claimed he refused to pay them and slept off drunk. That didn't strike me as one trying to work hard to become "successful"

Take Nacho for example, he fell below the pecking order in Man city and the same thing has happened at leicester. I don't want to believe that Claude Puel and Pep hate him or that he isn't talented enough. These dudes might just be slacking off and are content to having made it to the EPL.

Nobody has raised the above points and I just thought i should. Just take a look at Alampasu, the star goal-keeper of the victorious Golden-Eaglets doesn't even feature for feirense (not as if its barca or madrid or chelsea ooo. Haaa). 2013 is 4 years ago and they should have gotten their acts together by now. They ought to understand that talent alone is never enough.

I continually hope they get better so that they can do themselves, their families, clubs and Nigerians proud

I rest my case

hard work alone cannot guarantee success, if not, the people who pish wheelbarrows and roadside vulcanizers would have been millionaires by now.

Many things go into someone being successful; hardwork, opportunity, luck, MEETING THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

So, it is very unfair to say these boys have not worked hard, the fact that you can still talk about them is testament to the fact that they have put in work. There are many others that started with them that you cannot even point to anything in their careers today.

And yes, it is possible for two managers to not play yoi even if you kill yourself. Kelechi was never Pep's kind of player, Kelechi was gotten by Pellegrinni, do you think he would have been sold by now if Pellegrinni was still there?

Secondly, once again, Kelechi was not Puel's player, Puel met him there, so apparently, the right person is yet to show up for him. He has also been UNLUCKY in this Leicester team because he has been plagued by injuries and the team has no need of him at this point. If per adventure, some of the forwards are unavailable, he will get his OPPORTUNITY and if he doesn't seize it, you can talk.

The same applies for Alampasu to some extent. Unlucky, failing to meet the right people (bad agent)

Uzoho is another character that I may add to your list, while he works hard and is undoubtedly good, he is stuck in the third division. Why? They changed his coach, the new one doesn't like/trust him enough to field him, he is unlucky to be there

Isaac Success is the only one that you can pin this accusation on comfortably

I'm glad you couldn't cite anything about Kayode to imply that he is resting on his laurels because he is not.

PS: Welcome to our thread and we appreciate your contributions here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2017
krattoss:
It's quite a pity that I don't see any Nigerian that is deemed fit to win these awards in the nearest future. .

Because all of our players are inconsistent..

The only player I see that has the tendency is iwobi if he develops on his goalscoring and assist abilities.
even Onyekuru is inconsistent?

We don't want the award, we want the team to win games. Aubameyang's CAF APOTY did not help Gabon

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
when last did a non-forward win any individual award?

Sentiments aside, answer that question.

So, only the strikers excel in their positions? So, Ndidi will kill himself this season and rack up stats left and right, but you will tell me he wasn't as excellent as someone who scored twelve goals?

End products that cannot win team trophies, what is the point? The most annoying person on that list is Aubemeyang that has failed woefully for Gabon, but someone still slots him there because of Dortmund even as it is called CAF APOTY.

I like how easy it is for you people to blame everything on imaginary sentiments. Very easy tactic, even the word is getting old

Italy Defender Fabio Cannavaro
Balon d'or.
World Best Player of the year.

Does that answer your question?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
Questence:

Italy Defender Fabio Cannavaro
Balon d'or.
World Best Player of the year.

Does that answer your question?

11 years ago?

So, since then only forwards have been performing?

I like this your unbiased argument

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:

He also did not play in this Year's AFCON.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
11 years ago?

safarigirl:
11 years ago?

The Messi and Ronaldo Factor! Wrong timing for great footballers to be in the time of these duo. Now check the facts below and find out where you are wrong.

In 2009, Xavi was a Runner-up (Midfielder)

In 2010, Iniesta and Xavi were runner ups (Midfielders)

In 2011 and 2012, Iniesta and Xavi were runner ups (Midfielders)

In 2014 Manuel Neuer was a runner up (Goal Keeper)!

Conclusion: The award is no respecter of persons or positions (strikers? undecided ) It is about stats. Excellence! cool cool

Questence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
Icon4s:

He also did not play in this Year's AFCON.
so they are now considering AFCON? Wonder why none of the Cameroonian boys made it then.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2017
Questence:

The Messi and Ronaldo Factor! Wrong timing for great footballers to be in the time of these duo. Now check the facts below and find out where you are wrong.

In 2009, Xavi was a Runner-up (Midfielder)

In 2010, Iniesta and Xavi were runner ups (Midfielders)

In 2011 and 2012, Iniesta and Xavi were runner ups (Midfielders)

In 2014 Manuel Neuer was a runner up (Goal Keeper)!

Conclusion: The award is no respecter of persons or positions (strikers? undecided ) It is about stats. Excellence! cool cool

Questence.
you are talking about one award.

I am talking about all the awards
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
safarigirl:
you are talking about one award.

I am talking about all the awards

I am talking about all awards.

Yaya Toure had been winning the CAF awards back to back.

Is he a striker? tongue tongue

Questence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, komekn(m), caprikon, Ikanium(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.