Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11841569 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
goldfish80:

We can't keep crying Wolf when things don't go our way,not in a well justifiable case such as this anyway.

Diego Costa's 19 Premiership goals won 15 points for Chelsea in the season under review. Statistically, no player won more points for their team last season than Costa. This is pure gold if you ask me.
Diego Costa is not a well loved character. Players loathe him and his antics. Its academic the players themselves wouldn't give him their vote.

More so, both Kane and Lukaku that made PFA 11 striker spot scored more goals than Costa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2017
goldfish80:

We can't keep crying Wolf when things don't go our way,not in a well justifiable case such as this anyway.

Diego Costa's 19 Premiership goals won 15 points for Chelsea in the season under review. Statistically, no player won more points for their team last season than Costa. This is pure gold if you ask me.
Diego Costa is not a well loved character. Players loathe him and his antics. Its academic the players themselves wouldn't give him their vote.

If u can admit that players are sentimental it should not be a surprise to you that sentiments led to Walker being picked ahead of Moses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
tbaba1234:

Kante is a rarity.. Defensive minded players has to be ultra good to be noticed.

But he did. Why can't Moses do too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jarus:

More so, both Kane and Lukaku that made PFA 11 strike spot scored more goals than Costa.

Thanks for chipping this in. It totally escaped me.... The PFA gong is very authentic. Nothing beats being recognised by your peers in the industry.
The whole world can't be wrong at the same time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

If u can admit that players are sentimental it should not be a surprise to you that sentiments led to Walker being picked ahead of Moses.

Lukaku and Keane scored more goals than Costa. I guess sentiments didn't play much a role this time. The numbers speak for themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jarus:

Lol. Only blind men will overlook Salah, Mane and aubameyang for Moses.

FIFA was not blind.
World coaches are not blind.
Over 500 EPL players cannot be blind.
Bundesliga analysts are not blind.
Italian journalists are not blind
Chelsea fans are not blind.
Liverpool fans are not blind.
CAF technical committee are not blind
BBC viewers are not blind

But you here want us to believe they are blind to rank Mane, Salah and aubameyang high.

Now we know who has African mentality.

They were blinded by prejudice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

They were blinded by prejudice.

grin cheesy grin

Moses must have taken the wives of all these over 1000 guys for them to have such prejudice against him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
goldfish80:

Lukaku and Keane scored more goals than Costa. I guess sentiments didn't play much a role this time. The numbers speak for themselves.

are u not the one who was just giving a speech about players hating him? If this theory is correct then Luis Suarez should have been the European player of the year the season he won the golden boot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jarus:

grin cheesy grin

Moses must have taken the wives of all these over 1000 guys for them to have such prejudice against him.

U are the one who wanted to talk crazy so I just indulged u.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

are u not the one who was just giving a speech about players hating him? If this theory is correct then Luis Suarez should have been the European player of the year the season he won the golden boot.

He won European 11 striker spot In that year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Costa's characterisation was just another angle to the story. Keane and Lukaku had more numbers than him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jarus:

He won European 11 striker spot.

I didn't say 11
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
goldfish80:

Costa's characterisation was just another angle to the story. Keane and Lukaku had more numbers than him.

Then why did u bring it up? I never said people hatted him, u did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I didn't say 11

But you were debunking the inclusion of Kane and Lukaku in PFA 11 ahead of Costa. Not best player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Then why did u bring it up? I never said people hatted him, u did.
You're just trying to make a storm in a tea cup grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jarus:

More so, both Kane and Lukaku that made PFA 11 striker spot scored more goals than Costa.

The winner of the gong is not known when the award comes out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jarus:

Different players.. For Kante to win it , he had to be an unstoppable machine..

There is an obvious bias for offensive players.

For Moses to win it, he has to have an outstanding WC with goals/assists. Nigeria should also get to the semis with moses as the best player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2017
goldfish80:

You're just trying to make a storm in a tea cup grin

whatever dude, that's wat u said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2017
tbaba1234:

Different players.. For Kante to win it , he had to be an unstoppable machine..

There is an obvious bias for offensive players.

For Moses to win it, he has to have an outstanding WC with goals/assists. Nigeria should also get to the semis with moses as the best player.

Doesn't stop the fact that Salah, Aubameyang and Mane did better than Moses even in 2016/2017.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jarus:

But you were debunking the inclusion of Kane and Lukaku in PFA 11 ahead of Costa. Not best player.

U don't have to assume when I clearly said something. Go back and read my words.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

So Aguero, Sanchez and Diego Costa were also noncritical abi? Only 11 can make the team, this does not have much to do with criticality.

This was the genesis.

And we proved conclusively to you that Kane and Lukaku that made the PFA 11 scored more goals than the 3 guys that took the spot they could have taken in PFA11
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

whatever dude, that's wat u said

You now resort to clutching at straws.
Moses didn't redefine football, he's not the best player at Chelsea, he's wasn't the best right back in London nor the Epl,he wasn't the best African footballer last season in Europe. Period

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
goldfish80:

You now resort to clutching at straws.
Moses didn't redefine football, he's not the best player at Chelsea, he's wasn't the best right back in London nor the Epl,he want to best African footballer last season in Europe. Period

Everything u said just now is opinion based so who I'm I to take an action.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kog45:
There is need for our players to learn from KANU Nwankwo or else they would continue to fail to win APOTY.

Pls check Kanu' s career as a player and analyse how he was so highly rated,if care is not taking you get confused cos his record with Super eagles wasn't impressive and even his club sides can be debated but the guy was always on the news cos he always seized the opportunity the moment he find himself in any big match and do wonder that cannot be erased in the world of football

KANU won his first Africa best due to his magical performance against Brazil in Atlanta and won his second African best due to his great hat trick against Chelsea though he had some other outstanding matches but the Chelsea one was a great feat that cannot be ignored.

There is need for our players to tell the outside world that they are not Nigeria player alone but World rated player,pls check out Aubemayang rating,this is world respected striker and Sallah is going that way too

Remember being the best is not enough to win it,Okocha failed to win it and average Victor Ikpeba won it with his exploit with Monaco despite not even a regular with super eagles.Emma Amuneke won it too but only Yekini won it due to his super eagles performance.

I don't think CAF is biased with strong presence of Amaju as executive member but Nigeria players just need to repackage themselves as a world beater cos consistency matter a lot.Mind you if not for Toure Mikel would have won it in 2013 cos we had only him and Toure that year,remember Enyeama too

Truly very saddened not to see Victor Moses in the last shortlisted three best players,not a good development for our football.

Well said bro.

It is even sadder that with the myriad of Nigerian players in Europe, the only person we are banking on is Vis Moses. Is he the only one earning salary?

A wing back for that matter. Where are the so-called attackers?

I once argued that our Stars may not just be doing well enough to catch their coaches attention but my argument was refuted on the grounds that the coaches have no plans for some of our players.

I can understand if some coaches are adamant and insist on certain players but in the case of nacho (a very talented player, and it pains me to write this), you can't just be going down like that and blame it on Claude or pep.

These coaches gave you opportunities; what did you do with them?

In the world of football, competition is stiff and even if you are given a cameo appearance, make maximum use of it because there are many players waiting for you to slip-up to take your position, even the coaches are under pressure to deliver and may not have patience with unproductive attackers. This is the plain truth.

Mangala was a burst before pep came and he has improved greatly, pep knows how to bring out the best from players. Why was Nacho's case different?

If we want to start celebrating our players, we need to start demanding more from them, CAF award or FIFA awards are no joke. I pray our players prove themselves as world beaters in Russia.

I heard recently that Rohr has visited some of the clubs where our players ply their trades to demand for more playing time for some of them. Nice one sir but that's the best he can do. It's left to them to demand for loan or permanent moves to get more playing time or else face the grim reality that they may not be in Russia. I trust Rohr

My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
elyte89:

Forget he his going,his chances will b sealed once he makes his proposed move to Porto cos naturally if u re in a big club here in nija,ur slot sure

Sentiments aside.

What is that special thing only Etebo can offer? We have workhorses like Onazi and Ndidi in the team already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jarus:

This was the genesis.

And we proved conclusively to you that Kane and Lukaku that made the PFA 11 scored more goals than the 3 guys that took the spot they could have taken in PFA11

Forget the genesis my question was about Suarez and Ronaldo.
As for Kane and Lukaku the season had not ended before the list came out unless u r saying that the almighty PFA are psychics that see in to the future.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
elyte89:

Forget he his going,his chances will b sealed once he makes his proposed move to Porto cos naturally if u re in a big club here in nija,ur slot sure

But Bros, that mentality isn't good. Let him make sure he plays regularly and improves on his game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
tbaba1234:

Kante is a rarity.. Defensive minded players have to be ultra good to be noticed.

Then let Moses, ogu onazi et al strive to be ultra good too or does kante have ten legs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jarus:

Abi ooo. Maybe kante has been legs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
forgiveness:

Time to recall Vincent Enyeama

Published December 19, 2017
Orji Ogbonnaya Orji

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/915952410?-21310:11479:1

I just de read this article DE vex.

What is the writer suggesting we do? The whole NFF to prostrate, do he can walk on them or what.

Rorh has made it vocal about his admiration for Enyeama. What has Enyeama done on his part? Has he rescinded his decision to retire?

If he can't keep up with Rorh's terms and conditions, he better stay away from the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
darkelf:

Well said bro.

It is even sadder that with the myriad of Nigerian players in Europe, the only person we are banking on is Vis Moses. Is he the only one earning salary?

A wing back for that matter. Where are the so-called attackers?

I once argued that our Stars may not just be doing well enough to catch their coaches attention but my argument was refuted on the grounds that the coaches have no plans for some of our players.

I can understand if some coaches are adamant and insist on certain players but in the case of nacho (a very talented player, and it pains me to write this), you can't just be going down like that and blame it on Claude or pep.

These coaches gave you opportunities; what did you do with them?

In the world of football, competition is stiff and even if you are given a cameo appearance, make maximum use of it because there are many players waiting for you to slip-up to take your position, even the coaches are under pressure to deliver and may not have patience with unproductive attackers. This is the plain truth.

Mangala was a burst before pep came and he has improved greatly, pep knows how to bring out the best from players. Why was Nacho's case different?

If we want to start celebrating our players, we need to start demanding more from them, CAF award or FIFA awards are no joke. I pray our players prove themselves as world beaters in Russia.

I heard recently that Rohr has visited some of the clubs where our players ply their trades to demand for more playing time for some of them. Nice one sir but that's the best he can do. It's left to them to demand for loan or permanent moves to get more playing time or else face the grim reality that they may not be in Russia. I trust Rohr

My 2 cents
God bless you bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
forgiveness:
I have said it times without numbers that Onyekuru can't play the Striker role but some people : wants to make us believe otherwise just to squeeze him into the team.

Onyekuru must fight for the LW position but I don't think he is the best or inform in that position currently in Europe even in Belgium. grin

Everton Loanee Henry Criticized By Anderlecht Coach For The Umpteenth Time

Published: December 18, 2017

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/915905483?-21310:11479:1

Shut up there.

This man makes me angry whenever he speaks, he's always singling out Onyekuru out for criticisms. What about that his polish striker Teodorchyk that has been firing blanks all season? Him no wan talk him own.

What about his miserable defense that let in 5 goals?

I hope Onyekuru gets out of this stronger, as I know for sure, this coach is looking for a way to freeze him out of the squad and Henry's continuous goal scoring show isn't helping him at all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2400) (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nairalandankrah and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.