Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11841257 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
safarigirl:
Komekn, come o

Na for Wembley the match dey, your dreams are about to come true grin

You should know that I already knew about this two months ago. If you check my guarded but indicative comments.

So I have been celebrating since.

But I'm planning to go to Kaliningrad for the first game don't intend to spend more than 3 days.

Who else is going
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 8:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
Iwobi is missing for both the line up and the bench. Together with Sanchez and Ozil, does that mean that our boy is being reserved for the weekend?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
mazimee:

Manchester City will not use their regular players so he should score. Ederson will not be starting today too

Iheanacho is not a regular for Leicester either..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
mazimee:
Iwobi is missing for both the line up and the bench. Together with Sanchez and Ozil, does that mean that our boy is being reserved for the weekend?

Iwobi is among the big boys.. He doesn't play these kinds of games.. Wenger rates him highly.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardeycute(m): 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2017
PurpleHouse:

I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I mean com'on dude, what are you guys even saying?
I read earlier someone saying it would have been injustice to African football if Moses got nominated in the top 3 or even win the best player award. I just laugh. Same thing you guys said years ago when Mikel was best positioned to win the award.
Facts facts facts facts.Don't give us 'here say' or what you want to be.
The way some og you castigate and letdown our players, your own countryman, is shorking
What is shocking?People saying the real things or are they biased and unrealistic?Football is not a family game or enterprise, you have no option than saying what is the true state of things no matter who is involved
This is [s]NOT sentiment, this is me purely being realistic here[/s]
You are the sentimental one here because you want us to give support to players regardless of their performance in respect to their counterparts
i mean, many of you will even go the lenght to dig up facts and figures to back up your arguments on why outher people are better than your own
You are contradicting yourself, if the facts and figures presented are not false then I see no reason why we should not admit they are not good enough
Yet, these people you are raising to the high heavens will NEVER let their own people down just to support a Nigeria, NEVER! It will never happen in the Northern part of Africa, in the Francophone countries or anywhere else in African
I can't quite figure out what you mean here.We should be biased because they are citizens of Nigeria?We should engage in unreasonable talks,deceive ourselves,reject the reality because some other nationals are supportive of their mediocre players?
You need to spend time with these people to see how they despise us and constantly feel threaten by our exploits... Yet, they will never ever ever ever pick a Nigerian FIRST above their own
Threatened by who and who?Bench warmers? Players in non elite European league?
Moses in all ramification deserve to be in the top 2 of the AFOTY Award, or even win it if Africa were to be sincere enough without being Bias. But no, because they now feel threatened by us, even a mediocre won the award ahead of a magical JayJay Okocha
You are not telling us why Moses deserve this award.
My point is simple: you guys should stop letting our players down all in the name of being sincere. This is not sincerity, it is bias, unpatriotic, and ignorance to assume that Caf got it right. If you are a student of International Affairs, especially in Africa, you will understand all my points here
If it is the Administration aspect or hosting rights I can say you have a point but it is about your ability on the field of play

A player got converted to a new position, played it flawlessly, won the EPL title and did well with his national team and you're here telling me about goals and bla bla bla
How much did he contributed the success?Did the other players performed below?
I case you don't know, Moses didn't win the BBC award partly because the English FA and their press, including the players haven't foegiven him for ditching them for Nigeria. This was why Liverpool almost frustrated his life because a certain Gerald didn't want him in the team
<laughs till tears surface>BBC award that was voted for by Fans?As a Liverpool fan I didn't even take part in the vote because I was confident that Salah would win with the support of the Egyptians.

Salah won the UCL player of the week this season in the first week ahead of Messi,even with his performance Vs Juventus!Neymar, Kane etc..

We should learn to see beyond the ordinary and see things as they trully are. Moses deserve our support now and always!
If Moses decides to run for the President of CAF,/FIFA position,Fashion,Non performance based awards Nigerians will support him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
All pictures from the NFF twitter handle.
SE won the U15 championship

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
with the @nff is handling youth competition this days, the glory days that is already back will not flame out easily. Expect to see young Nigeria players in big European clubs soonest. thank you @drlikita for those pictures.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
fabyom:
with the @nff is handling youth competition this days, the glory days that is already back will not flame out easily. Expect to see young Nigeria players in big European clubs soonest. thank you @drlikita for those pictures.

The Nff is doing a great job with these youth tournaments... I expect to see some real talents in the next few years. The under 17 female however seem to be depreciating

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardeycute(m): 8:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
safarigirl:
this is such an unforgivably stupid question
You don't have facts to dispute him rather you termed the question foolish. Who is the unreasonable one here?

What did he do with them? Were you asleep when Kelechi was scoring goals with
? Was your TV off when even pundits could not understand why Pep benched Nacho despite the fact that he performed when Jesus and Aguero were out?
Apart from M.derby,Bournemouth and an F.A cup games,your MCM is always on the field to run against tired legs and be at the right place to rebound or tap in(commendable for good positioning)

FOA Your MCM is a age cheat!He can't hold up play,plays side and back passes,no risks and adventures,someone once said he palys 'MAJEKOBAJE' football.Your MCM is undecided about his position.

Nairaland pundits you know?The analysts of the Nigeria unProfessional league?or Your campus journals?
And how many opportunities did Claude Puel give Kelechi that you are asking this mumu question
It is only a mumu that is given a job to prevent the team from relegation would want to experiment with a player that he is not confident about his ability or because a certain fan girl wants to see him play
[s]Such an unforgivably useless question that reeks of ignorance. I am pissed off that you would even ask something so stupid just because you want to make some point[/s]
You MCM stats does not represent his overall play and ability and it is senseless to degrade and disrespect a reasonable and innocent question because it doesn't fit your fûc**ng narrative

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 9:10pm On Dec 19, 2017
Iheanacho don collect yellow card oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
hardeycute:
You don't have facts to dispute him rather you termed the question foolish. Who is the unreasonable one here?

Apart from M.derby,Bournemouth and an F.A cup games,your MCM is always on the field to run against tired legs and be at the right place to rebound or tap in(commendable for good positioning)

FOA Your MCM is a age cheat!He can't hold up play,plays side and back passes,no risks and adventures,someone once said he palys 'MAJEKOBAJE' football.Your MCM is undecided about his position.

Nairaland pundits you know?The analysts of the Nigeria unProfessional league?or Your campus journals?
It is only a mumu that is given a job to prevent the team from relegation would want to experiment with a player that he is not confident about his ability or because a certain fan girl wants to see him play
You MCM stats does not represent his overall play and ability and it is senseless to degrade and disrespect a reasonable and innocent question because it doesn't fit your fûc**ng narrative
oya go back to Your european thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
Iheanacho just gifted Mancity a goal. Losing the ball in the midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Questence:
Iheanacho just gifted Mancity a goal. Losing the ball in the midfield.
he better score OR .......
Lets me stop here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
hardeycute:

who is this idiot?

At least my MCM is doing something with his life while you are here talking about him, who is talking about you?

Idiot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
hardeycute:

How is he an age cheat?? What is your proof?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
Iheanacho on yellow card at 23mins, Man City leading by the way 1-0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kelechi is not playing badly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardeycute(m): 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
tbaba1234:

How is he an age cheat?? What is your proof?
1996?

You think I am happy Nigeria is depriving the talents u17 age chance at World stage.

Some countries are also guilty of this act
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
hardeycute:
1996?

You think I am happy Nigeria is depriving the talents u17 age chance at World stage.

Some countries are also guilty of this act

What does 1996 mean??

Kelechi played for Nigerian under 13 and 15. Meaning he has been in the system for a while. We have pictures of him from just a few years ago.

He passed the required MRI tests.

What else do you want??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
tbaba1234:

Good to know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardeycute(m): 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
safarigirl:
who is this idiot?

At least my MCM is doing something with his life while you are here talking about him, who is talking about you?

Idiot
I know you are quite popular with using of abusive languages when there is a different stance to your opinion(s)

I also know how important KC is to you but I have stopped engaging in e-brawl so I would not give you what you want

At least you can tell us how you are related to the player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
tbaba1234:

Whoscored rates him 5.9..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
tbaba1234:
Nigeria under 15 beat Pepsi academy 3:0

Posting these pictures because in the next under 17, these boys ages would be doubted..

This No. 10 again

Later, when this boys reach 20 years, somepple will try to convince us that they are 30 or even more
Nigerians will always be Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardeycute(m): 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
maidaboi:
oya go back to Your european thread
Tch

I come here often to witness 'Theatre of Absurd' here.

Mostly People with unrealistic views and illogical opinions and you can't tell me where and where not to post

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2017
23 min: Danilo leaves a back pass short, obliging Bravo to charge out of his area and try to punt clear. Iheanacho chases after it ... the keeper gets to it first and boots the ball away and then jumps to avoid a hefty collision with Iheanacho, which suggests the ref didn’t see quite what happened: the striker did nothing wrong

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kog45:
OK i rest my case no need to go further.
But this is true, sentiments aside. We know the 3-5-3 formation is not new, but it's now much more popular than ever before all thanks to Conte's Chelsea, and Moses was key as that overlapping wingback in such a system.
l have also heard English analysts call him the best RWB in the world. This may be true ONLY/ ESPECIALLY when referring to that 3-5-3 formation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 9:48pm On Dec 19, 2017
hardeycute:

<laughs till tears surface>BBC award that was voted for by Fans?As a Liverpool fan I didn't even take part in the vote because I was confident that Salah would win with the support of the Egyptians.

thank you very much. You just shot yourself in the foot and agreed to my points. Everything else you wrote is T.R.A.S.H personified!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
tbaba1234:

Kante is a rarity.. Defensive minded players have to be ultra good to be noticed.
Exactly, defensive minded players would have to work twice as hard to be noticed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
People assume every footballer is an age-cheat but it is not true. Even in previous under 17 teams where cheating was more obvious, there were still players within the required age-range. The challenge we face in Nigeria is the lack of proper records, corruption and poverty. We assume the worst of ourselves.

One of the most important steps taken by the NFF was to stop the use of league players. There has been a massive improvement since 2013 and with all these nff youth programs,We will get more players in the correct age range.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardeycute(m): 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2017
tbaba1234:

What does 1996 mean??

Kelechi played for Nigerian under 13 and 15. Meaning he has been in the system for a while. We have pictures of him from just a few years ago
Where is your evidence to this claim and more importantly a picture

It is not like the Nigeria system is what we don't know about.I have friends also who participate in grassroots football.

Do you ask yourself the 'performance of 9ja players post-30 yes of age? compared to their Europeans, Asian,N.Africans and to some extent the S.Americans'

He passed the required MRI tests.

What else do you want??
Many things
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
Clementoke:

This No. 10 again

Later, when this boys reach 20 years, somepple will try to convince us that they are 30 or even more

Lol.

Oga no worry. This one's look so young and I'm highly sure they're within the age brackets.

It's only sentiments that can !ake one dispute it

I
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
Clementoke:

This No. 10 again

Sir, because NFF is attempting to get it right, ain't mean they've been gotten it right since Time immemorial.

The Lads look their Ages, and I pray they ain't discarded by the NFF, rather allow to keep growing, developing and gelling Together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kingjite1, Elohe001 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.