Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,001 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11729735 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (16171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
Because na him score all the goal wey Israeli club take win league abi?

forgiveness:

But how person wey no fit catch shot take help em Israeli league take win league?

Abi na balloon dem dey fire for post?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ezenwa vs Akpeyi = I will manage Ezenwa.
Ezenwa vs Emma Daniel = I will take Emma Daniel.
Akpeyi vs Emma Daniel = I will take Emma Daniel
Alampasu vs All = hehehehehee.... wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
goldfish80:

The game against Colombia, the whole team was atrocious. They stabbed training in protest over some naira and kobo.
It's wrong to single out one player. From Mikel to Ekong.. Everyone had a stinker against a highly motivated Colombia

Not true, Some players were worse than others.

Ekong was the best player on the pitch, He played two positions that day. Mikel also played pretty well

Players that flopped were Seth, Madu, Sodiq, Akpeyi, Ndifreke.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

See me see trouble. Where did I say I know Alampasu will Outshine Akpeyi?

I said, the best in camp should keep. Simple. If Akpeyi is best in Camp, let him keep. If Ezenwa is best in camp, let him keep. If it is Alampasu, let him keep.
TheGoodJoe:

So why did the last minute call-up not make Akpeyi become the number one choice? Emma Daniel was the better keeper. If Enyeama showed that camp, Emma Daniel will pull gloves and ask Enyeama if he wants his clothes and boxers.
It is not experience but talent. People mistake it. Talent rules.
And I said Olympics preparation, not qualifiers.
You want Rohr to Chain Alampasu to prevent Alampasu out shining the experience fellas.
The bolded could be interepted that you are sure Alampasu will Outshine Akpeyi in training.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

Not true, Some players were worse than others.

Ekong was the best player on the pitch, He played two positions that day. Mikel also played pretty well

Players that flopped were Seth, Madu, Sodiq, Akpeyi, Ndifreke.
Why didn't Ekong cover for the Colombian's first goal?
How many chances did Mikel create?
It was a shit fest all round.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
goldfish80:

Why didn't Ekong cover for the Colombian's first goal?
How many chances did Mikel create?
It was a shit fest all round.

The first goal was from Seth and Madu position not Ekong... Ekong played on the right half of the defense... Madu was out of position.Seth did not cover.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ndidi scores again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by opes: 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

But peter Rufai was no longer at his prime by that point. He did not fail you due to nerves. He failed due to diminishing ability.

I remember Ejide's debut for Nigeria, he was 19 then. The guy was shaking like a leaf. It was a friendly game.

i remembered that game, it was against Paraguay, that was the match Bartholomew Ogbeche used to secure a spot in 2002 world cup squad, a scissors kick

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2016
Looollllll

TheGoodJoe:

I wonder what Alampasu was doing when his mates gathered experience in their respective fields.
grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
chrisooblog:
Because na him score all the goal wey Israeli club take win league abi?

No, because na em stand gigigba dey cover post(dey block hot shots) for dem to gather go score all the goal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jefersoun: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
forgiveness:

But how person wey no fit catch shot take help em Israeli league take win league?

Abi na balloon dem dey fire for post?
This is how to have conversation, by adding some humour when it seem tensed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
if Onazi starts ahead of Ndidi it will be a criminal offence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
Leon meanwhile isn't having a nice game at all. isn't it time we started considering playing him in the RB position instead of Omeruo? he is coming back from an injury, granted but if he plays like this against Algeria then Mahrez will be licking his lips
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2016
Mickael2:
Leon meanwhile isn't having a nice game at all. isn't it time we started considering playing him in the RB position instead of Omeruo? he is coming back from an injury, granted but if he plays like this against Algeria then Mahrez will be licking his lips

If he is not back in form then perhaps he should play right back.

He needs games though so this is still good for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

If he is not back in form then perhaps he should play right back.

He needs games though so this is still good for him.

he is at least 100 paces away from being in form, he has been slow. well we still have roughly two weeks, if he starts the weekend game on the bench then it means he isn't back in form and we should start considering that option
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
goldfish80:

The bolded could be interepted that you are sure Alampasu will Outshine Akpeyi in training.

You gats to be kidding me. After all I wrote, all you could come out with is interpretation. Please, my point never changed. May the best keeper in camp keep for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ndidi scored for Genk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

The first goal was from Seth and Madu position not Ekong... Ekong played on the right half of the defense... Madu was out of position.Seth did not cover.
The first goal came from a deep cross from the left,which by passed the midfield.
The lack of communication between the CBs was exposed. If Ekong and Seth were in tandem with each other, they would have stepped up when the ball came in, keeping the Colombian offside.
Truth is that the team didn't turn up in the game.
Akpeyi 's made some good saves in the game. His only error was committing a foil which was judged a penalty. Replays showed the Colombian conned the referee by diving
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
goldfish80:

The first goal came from a deep cross from the left,which by passed the midfield.
The lack of communication between the CBs was exposed. If Ekong and Seth were in tandem with each other, they would have stepped up when the ball came in, keeping the Colombian offside.
Truth is that the team didn't turn up in the game.
Akpeyi 's made some good saves in the game. His only error was committing a foil which was judged a penalty. Replays showed the Colombian conned the referee by diving

Akpeyi was shaky all game.. Seth was not aware of his surroundings, that was what caused the goal.

Ekong had a blinder, we would have been pummeled without him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:20pm On Nov 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You gats to be kidding me. After all I wrote, all you could come out with is interpretation. Please, my point never changed. May the best keeper in camp keep for us.
You denied insinuating that Alampasu will out train Akpeyi. I pointed out where you said so before you go into full denial.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2016
tbaba1234:

Akpeyi was shaky all game.. Seth was not aware of his surroundings, that was what caused the goal.

Ekong had a blinder, we would have been pummeled without him.
I wouldn't call saving a point blank header from 3yards being shaky. I remember he made such a save in the first half.
He made so many other saves throughout the course if the game.
Ekong being the most experienced didn't marshal the defence efficiently. The whole team made a dog's dinner of that game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
goldfish80:

You denied insinuating that Alampasu will out train Akpeyi. I pointed out where you said so before you go into full denial.

The coach released his list already. We expect Ikeme back for the next game. I do not have a pick but I think it is best to let the coaching drills select the keeper for the game.

If Alampasu does better than the others, then we make him the keeper for that day. If another does better, then he keeps.

My stance is clear. I believe the training ground is the best place to sort the team. Not history of games. If Alampasu does better in training than the other keepers, then the right thing to do is start him.

My point is clear as daylight. You are just trying to bend the truth. I want the best keeper in training to keep that day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

My point is clear as daylight. You are just trying to bend the truth. I want the best keeper in training to keep that day.
And your smart money will be on a rookie who haven't kept a clean sheet in Portuguese 4th tier/ amateur league ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
goldfish80:

And your smart money will be on a rookie who haven't kept a clean sheet in Portuguese 4th tier/ amateur league ?

Your just running in circles with your argument. I agree the others are experienced. They should show their experience in training and Outshine the rookie. My money is not on experience or rookie. My money is on whoever stands out among the three in training.

If it is the rookie, then he is the best choice. Simple.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2016
goldfish80:

It's 3rd.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
So,is match rusty Mikel gonna start against Algeria?
I just dey laugh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:31am On Nov 04, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

It's 3rd.

FC Cesarense currently plays in the Terceira Divisão Série B which is the fourth tier of Portuguese football . The club was founded in 1932 and they play their home matches at the Estádio Mergulhão in Cesar ,
Oliveira de Azeméis .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Cesarense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:39am On Nov 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Your just running in circles with your argument. I agree the others are experienced. They should show their experience in training and Outshine the rookie. My money is not on experience or rookie. My money is on whoever stands out among the three in training.

If it is the rookie, then he is the best choice. Simple.
My point is that Alampasu is hardly pulling up trees in the Portuguese fourth tier. He is hardly in the form of his life being without a clean sheet all season.
Why would you think he will come to camp and Outshine everyone?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:45am On Nov 04, 2016
goldfish80:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Cesarense

The competition merged with thePortuguese Second Division at the end of the 2012–13 to form a new enlarged third level league, the Campeonato Nacional de Seniores.

It has been in the 3rd level since 2012.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:40am On Nov 04, 2016
goldfish80:

My point is that Alampasu is hardly pulling up trees in the Portuguese fourth tier. He is hardly in the form of his life being without a clean sheet all season.
Why would you think he will come to camp and Outshine everyone?

I do not think he will outshine anyone. I just explained that I disagree with the point of dropping Alampasu because of experience. Keepers like Courtois and De Gea got big breaks because coaches looked at their talent, not experience.

You tried your best to paint Alampasu weak. If Alampasu outshines them in camp, it means they are weaker than the weak keeper you tried to paint Alampasu.

My point is simple. Who performs best in camp, should start. No excuses.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:47am On Nov 04, 2016
Alampasu cannot start that game.

It is either Ezenwa or Akpeyi.
Alampasu was just included in the team to train with the goalies and gather some more experience.

Rohr said it that his third choice goalie has to be a much younger person. For the Tanzania and Zambia games it was Emmanuel Daniel.

Even if Ezenwa and Akpeyi are ruled of the Algeria clash due to what soever reason, Alampasu will still not be in goal.
For one, Emmanuel Daniel is even ahead of Alampasu. There are other good goalies in the NPFL like Femi Thomas, Theophilus Afelokhai.

I know it is only one person hear that could have mention Dele Ayenugba. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:52am On Nov 04, 2016
Icon4s:
Alampasu cannot start that game.

It is either Ezenwa or Akpeyi.
Alampasu was just included in the team to train with the goalies and gather some more experience.

Rohr said it that his third choice goalie has to be a much younger person. For the Tanzania and Zambia games it was Emmanuel Daniel.

Even if Ezenwa and Akpeyi are ruled of the Algeria clash due to what soever reason, Alampasu will still not be in goal.
For one, Emmanuel Daniel is even ahead of Alampasu. There are other good goalies in the NPFL like Femi Thomas, Theophilus Afelokhai.

I know it is only one person hear that can mention Dele Ayenugba. grin

I disagree with that. Kick that experience talk out. The best in camp keeps. If the experience is so golden, the other keepers should easily Outshine Alampasu. If they can not, then we are opting for a weaker option.

Good morning everyone. Have a nice day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (16171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Neobulletzz(m), elyte89, kayburner, Napoleon55(m), LLENCE77(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.