Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752031 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
People would have preferred Iheanacho on the bench for Silva, Nasri and Yaya Toure in the name of developing him over what Pellegrini did, leading the young man to produce stats as the greats.

I will take Pellegrini's opinion when I look at the catalogue of those who respect his input to the game.

Toure don finish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Pellegrini left Nacho as one of the most promising strikers in the game. What a definition of obscurity.
He used Kelechi to get results. If he had his career interest at heart, he would have developed him in his natural position.
We now have a player who struggle with basics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
komekn:

All managers will have a bias for something Rohr being German can't but hel himself to see things from a German perspective.

A player that hasn't played a season of first team football is being considered furthermore has done nothing outstanding in recent times. Is being considered for the SE that is clear cut bias.

Rohr should not focus only on Germany else we lose players like Josh, Ojo, Lookman, Solanke etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
goldfish80:

He used Kelechi to get results. If he had his career interest at heart, he would have developed him in his natural position.
We now have a player who struggle with basics.

Im sorry but this amounts to talking trash. The man sent out so many good players just for Nacho. He selected him over Nasri in the champions league. The man even made it known that Nacho was not a striker so were is all this coming from?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 1:46pm On Dec 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
People would have preferred Iheanacho on the bench for Silva, Nasri and Yaya Toure in the name of developing him over what Pellegrini did, leading the young man to produce stats as the greats.

I will take Pellegrini's opinion when I look at the catalogue of those who respect his input to the game.

He didn't had to sit on d bench for anyone.....dey cud loaned him to a club dat can accommodate him in his natural role dan convert him to a striker.....imagine converting bernado Silva to a center forward cos he can't displace Silva,gundogan,de bruyne or toure!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Im sorry but this amounts to talking trash. The man sent out so many good players just for Nacho. He selected him over Nasri in the champions league. The man even made it known that Nacho was not a striker so were is all this coming from?
I believe you're quoting the wrong person. I'm of the opinion he was never a striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
Mickael2:

my brother eh, I read that comment and I was like 'wow' so people like this still dey? One freekick in a friendly game, one freaking Fkick in a friendly game is now the yardstick, so because Kanu never scored a freekick he isn't a good player any more? Poor Yekini I guess

Hahahaha! Honestly, I tire for the guy.

People no just like make you talk true for ones.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
eazyjakes:

He didn't had to sit on d bench for anyone.....dey cud loaned him to a club dat can accommodate him in his natural role dan convert him to a striker.....imagine converting bernado Silva to a center forward cos he can't displace Silva,gundogan,de bruyne or toure!

You're a football man. You deserve a drink.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
I am not in the school that ever selects players. Read my comment again. I want us to be cautious in our approach to wiping out all our teams in our group. We just have to make do with what we have as there are no better options. But the truth is the odds are against us especially against Croatia and Argentina. But I believe we could cause a surprise. But in terms of players, I try not to suggest as Rohr is tasked with that and so know national team football is a different ball game from club football.

Lucque:
Cc: Goldfish80..
Dedebanky..
Let us all assume dat we have all. Come to our senses, and realised dat u are right.. These bench warmers dat u spoke of, are we taking them to the WC at d expense of any player dat is performing extremely wonderfully in Europe??.
So Wat do u advise we do, strip this team of its key players cos they are bench warmers and bring in a new 11 consisting of world class players dat have never kicked a ball for d SE b4 now, or wat exactly.... How about we start proferring solutions like maybe d players we should call up instead... Cos I dunno y u guys will still criticize d team players wen they are obviously delivering... It's not we can field Aguero or Gaby Jesus,abi na ogbeche, Martins ,Fred Friday , &Bonaventure Una wan carry??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2017
Solanke has not scored a single goal in a high flying Liverpool team. He has not scored a single premier league goal in his whole life. Nacho u have suffered!

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
goldfish80:

I believe you're quoting the wrong person. I'm of the opinion he was never a striker

U said Pelegrini changed his position but Pelegrini made it know that he was not a striker.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Solanke has still not achieved anything in the EPL. If Nacho was on either Liverpool or City right now he would be scoring goals even from the bench unlike Solanke who has no goals yet.

For Man city Iheanacho will score goals but sorry he can't for Liverpool because no tap in goals are available. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
forgiveness:

For Man city Iheanacho will score goals but sorry he can't for Liverpool because no tap in goals are available. grin

If he like make e use bottom power score, a goal is a goal. How many does Solanke have in all competitions this season?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Are u now saying Solanke is better than Iheanacho??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
kennysville:

Lolzzzzz haba.... Why na? He is not a tribalist oh! He is just a yoruba dude ... to the core.... Dasall.....!

So, they are just an Igbo dudes to the core because den wan die put for Kelechi Nwakali, Chidiebere Nwakali, Azubuike, Uzoho and Iheanacho to be in the the team regadless of where dey play and at the expense of players doing better than them?

Double standard.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
Solanke has not scored a single goal in a high flying Liverpool team. He has not scored a single premier league goal in his whole life. Nacho u have suffered!

I get am before no be property. No be so una tell me three seasons ago?

Where is Iheanacho this season? That is the koko.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2017
eazyjakes:

Manchester City did not want to sell. I doubt loan was on the deal. We had two natural strikers ahead of Iheanacho. If we play a two striker system, Nacho becomes important. However, Nacho was ready to move and try his luck somewhere else.

Keep in mind that there is also a case of increase in wages which is also important to Nacho. A loan move will not achieve that. If Nacho was to stay, then it would be on City's terms. Hence he wanted to go, I doubt blaming the club is logical.

We saw players like Delph sitting on the bench and developing. Baffling how a young player like Nacho seems too big for the bench. Even the likes of Morata and Llorente sit on the bench some times.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2017
Danielnino00:

Are u now saying Solanke is better than Iheanacho??

Go and watch both closely then come back and tell us what you see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:19pm On Dec 27, 2017
eazyjakes:

Em, there are games Guardiola has played Bernardo Silva as the striker for Manchester City. That is why I keep saying argue what you know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Manchester City did not want to sell. I doubt loan was on the deal. We had two natural strikers ahead of Iheanacho. If we play a two striker system, Nacho becomes important. However, Nacho was ready to move and try his luck somewhere else.

Keep in mind that there is also a case of increase in wages which is also important to Nacho. A loan move will not achieve that. If Nacho was to stay, then it would be on City's terms. Hence he wanted to go, I doubt blaming the club is logical.

We saw players like Delph sitting on the bench and developing. Baffling how a young player like Nacho seems too big for the bench. Even the likes of Morata and Llorente sit on the bench some times.

Guardiola wanted him sold and never wanted a loan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

U said Pelegrini changed his position but Pelegrini made it know that he was not a striker.
Who converted him to a striker?
a) Guardiola
b) Pelegrini
c) Christian Chukwu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Guardiola wanted him sold and never wanted a loan.

Says who, you? Are you in Guardiola's mind? Na wa. Please City insisted on a £50 million buy back clause before letting him go. That is enough to show how much they rate him.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:26pm On Dec 27, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
no be small suffer.

By this time in Kelechi's first season in the EPL, he had scored three goals at least, none of which came from a starting berth. It is that player that someone is comparing Solanke the underachiever to. Kelechi wey get EPL record, where is Solanke in the record books?

Kelechi has eaten shiiit on this thread, I swear.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
forgiveness:

you are such a joke

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
goldfish80:

Who converted him to a striker?
a) Guardiola
b) Pelegrini
c) Christian Chukwu

Iheanacho is a forward and can play multiple roles in the forward including as a creative midfielder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I get d drift....am a man dat looks forward.....any further move nacho makes whether sooner or later must be purely based on footballing reasons else he stands d risk of wasting his talents!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Says who, you? Are you in Guardiola's mind? Na wa. Please City insisted on a £50 million buy back clause before letting him go. That is enough to show how much they rate him.

Finito.

Did I mention Man City?

I said Guardiola wanted him sold out and doesn't want a loan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2017
safarigirl:
no be small suffer.

By this time in Kelechi's first season in the EPL, he had scored three goals at least, none of which came from a starting berth. It is that player that someone is comparing Solanke the underachiever to. Kelechi wey get EPL record, where is Solanke in the record books?

Kelechi has eaten shiiit on this thread, I swear.

Do not fall into the trap of the comparison games some like to play. What matters is that they are young men working hard to do great things. We must not like or hate one as some want.

I will celebrate Solanke's first Liverpool goal, just as I celebrated Iheanacho's first goal for Leicester City.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Iheanacho is a forward and can play multiple roles in the forward including as a creative midfielder.

AGREED. So tell us, which position did he play mostly fof Man city?

While at it, you may like to take a loom at this link. They are roasting your boy. Go defend him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdLcDiejZb0/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2017
forgiveness:

I get am before no be property. No be so una tell me three seasons ago?

Where is Iheanacho this season? That is the koko.
the koko is that you can never compare crude oil to petrol.

The koko is that until Solanke achieves just half of what Kelechi achieved in his first season, there is no basis for comparison. Dem no be mate at all.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enigmaticmotik(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2017
kennysville:

Lolzzzzz haba.... Why na? He is not a tribalist oh! He is just a yoruba dude ... to the core.... Dasall.....!
Indeed the bolded part says a lot about you not being tribalistic.
Chief, it's really bad to use one person's behavior/attitude to gudge a tribe. And let's try to face individuals and hold them responsible for their words/actions and also avoid generalization
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Did I mention Man City?

I said Guardiola wanted him sold out and doesn't want a loan.

I said, are you in Guardiola's mind? Guardiola plans to stay long in City and we put a buy back clause. This counters your point. You have nothing to back it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2462) (2463) (2464) (2465) (2466) (2467) (2468) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: soetanoreoluwa(m), charlesemeka85(m), Truidstarr, Lyster360 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.