Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,588 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11791714 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) (2512) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2018
nelszx:

Be serious now

Goal.com is like saying Nairaland.com with so many topics except it's a troll.
Yeah. its goal. nt reliable to you?

Wishes for Africa 2018
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

2 players in 2 competitions? I guess you want CHAN played behind closed doors so as to avoid player signings.

I just mentioned those two naa. What of the likes of Ifeanyi Mathew, Shehu Abdulahi, Azubuike Egwekwe. I can name more of you want.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
Humility017:

bless you my brother...even European clubs will be eager to sign an under 21 player than players in their late 20s.....

I think...it should be restricted to players in their early 20s....or more still we use it to always prepare and keep our under 20 and 23 in shape...

That is exactly my point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2018
Icon4s:

I just mentioned those two naa. What of the likes of Ifeanyi Mathew, Shehu Abdulahi, Azubuike Egwekwe. I can name more of you want.

U are proving my point because none of these guys left after CHAN. If u play in CHAN chances are that you will have to wait until the summer window to move. Egwekwe was a full international btw.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2018
Humility017:

bless you my brother...even European clubs will be eager to sign an under 21 player than players in their late 20s.....

I think...it should be restricted to players in their early 20s....or more still we use it to always prepare and keep our under 20 and 23 in shape...

It should be open for the best in the land. If we want to select a young team then so be it but forcing that on everyone is wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2018
Nice info!

Danycrusoe:

one new player to watch out for, coming from the NNL is Micheal Ohanu, he scored a couple of hattricks last season and he is NNL player of the season (officially, he has an award to that effect) and he was the highest goal scorer with 22 goals.
he plays for kwara united

Another player from the NNL now in the NPFL is TOSIN OMOYELE he is now with Plateau united and he came in from Osun united, he hit double digits for the omoluabi giants I think he had 15 goals all season . he is actually easy to identify as he is almost an albino, but not fully his hair is not black and not fully blonde.

I will post the pictures of the 2 players if I lay my hands on them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2018
Nobody give me special recognition for Tammy Defense.. That should be my award lol.

If England dash us Tammy, they will regret in future hahaha

solonnachi:
Please nobody should bring Tammy Abraham's issue here again. Even if England dash him to us for free, we no want. Haba! He should go and eat England.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2018
u-turn? we go show am detour.. He is not performing.. he should start to perform first, then spread his blue carpet lol

daveP:
Tammy Abraham u-turn speculations. hmm.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2018
Joebie:
u-turn? we go show am detour.. He is not performing.. he should start to perform first, then spread his blue carpet lol

Seems he's now opening his left eye small small. Will there even be a carpet? To unroll the heavy one we had for him no be beans o.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2018
Tammy Abraham's brother Timmy signs first pro contract

There are three years between Timmy (left) and Tammy. They couldn't resist twin Christmas tree pictures for their respective Instagrams though.
You know those families who are all massive high achievers?

The ones who send a family newsletter with the Christmas card? Yes, them.

Well, we reckon the Abrahams are one of them.

In 2017, Tammy, 20, signed a five-year deal at Chelsea, (currently on loan at Swansea), reached the semi-final of the under 21's Euros and made his debut for the England senior team against Germany.

And now, younger brother Timmy has signed his first professional contract at Championship side Fulham having only just turned 17.

"It's a very good feeling. Every young player wants to get to this point where they become a professional" said Timmy.

bbc.com
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2018
haha.. Timmy, he papa and all their family go need to unroll am oh.. no be on person work.

daveP:
Seems he's now opening his left eye small small. Will there even be a carpet? To unroll the heavy one we had for him no be beans o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:07pm On Jan 03, 2018
Trudy12, kellycute, Psittacus, pls we await your vote. Gracias.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Psittacus(m): 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2018
daveP:
Trudy12, kellycute, Psittacus, pls we await your vote. Gracias.
Is there an election going on?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2018
Joebie:
haha.. Timmy, he papa and all their family go need to unroll am oh.. no be on person work.

Lol. that one go need extra hand o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2018
Psittacus:
Is there an election going on?
Yeah. joseph1013 gave the categories in previous pages. Happy new year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Psittacus(m): 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2018
daveP:
Yeah. joseph1013 gave the categories in previous pages. Happy new year.
Oh thanks.. I just found it. I wish you thesame!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2018
Icon4s:

That is exactly my point.
anyone who think good for Nigeria football...Will definetely see reason in our opinion.

what's the essence of engaging in CHAN competition if it will add no value to the super eagles......

for sometime now...we have been reaping the fruits of manu garba led under 20 team even though they never achieved much success in the world stage....

left to rohr to manage this team....lot of this old players won't even make the squad....I thank God for that man he is a gift to Nigeria football.....a man who plans for the future....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Psittacus(m): 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2018
CATEGORIES
1. Most Controversial Poster
safarigirl

2. Most Interactive Poster
Mujtahida

3. Most Intelligent Poster
Safarigirl

4. Most Resourceful Poster
tbaba1234

5. Most Respectful Poster
Icon4s

6. Most Consistent Poster
joebie

7. Most Positive Poster
TheGoodJoe

8. Best Sense of Humor
TheSuperNerd

9. Most Critical Poster
goldfish80

10. Nicest Poster
joebie

11. Most Influential Pos
ter
komekn

12. Most Pro-Foreign Born Poster
komekn

13. Most Pro-Naija League Poster
Bascovanveli

14. People's Favourite
tbaba1234

15. Most Sentimental Poster
Forgiveness

16. Notorious Silent Reader
psittacus

17. Impressive Thread Newbie
no idea

18. Diehard Super Eagles Fan
TheSuperNerd

19. Best Friends
TheSuperNerd and TheGoodJoe

20. Most Outstanding Poster
tbaba1234

21. Overall Best Poster
tbaba1234

22. Top Dramatic Topics:
Tammy not playing for eagles

23: Sporadic Poster of the Year:
no idea

24: Self-Exile Moniker of the Year:
TheSuperNerd

25: Moniker Mimicker of the Year:
SuperNerd247

26: Intruder/terrorist of the Year

27. Honourable Mentions:
safarigirl

28. Most Creative Moniker name
Icon4

29. Top Updater
tbaba1234
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2018
Joebie:

Tammy Abraham's brother Timmy signs first pro contract

There are three years between Timmy (left) and Tammy. They couldn't resist twin Christmas tree pictures for their respective Instagrams though.
You know those families who are all massive high achievers?

The ones who send a family newsletter with the Christmas card? Yes, them.

Well, we reckon the Abrahams are one of them.

In 2017, Tammy, 20, signed a five-year deal at Chelsea, (currently on loan at Swansea), reached the semi-final of the under 21's Euros and made his debut for the England senior team against Germany.

And now, younger brother Timmy has signed his first professional contract at Championship side Fulham having only just turned 17.

"It's a very good feeling. Every young player wants to get to this point where they become a professional" said Timmy.

bbc.com

the good thing is that...these dude will have his brother's path to learn from....

the lad will not likely make same mistake wit his brother.....and if he does...it becomes a family problem...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Mikel Agu is a fine player who can bench alot of your DM when he finally settles in.....Remember this statement today because I will unearth it someday
Can he bench John Ogu? If he's as good as you portray him why is he not starting games for Nigeria?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Can he bench John Ogu? If he's as good as you portray him why is he not starting games for Nigeria?
please leave him...some persons talk as if the rest of us don't get to watch this guys play....@21 mikel obi was already playing good football...bosing the midfield...and here someone is trying to sell one of the most managed players in the squad list to me...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:36pm On Jan 03, 2018
Diego Simeone Explains Nigeria Would Have Already Qualified Before Facing Argentina.

One of the most respected coaches in the world and an Argentina World Cup star, Diego Simeone, has picked Croatia as the South Americans toughest opponents in Group D of the 2018 World Cup.

On paper, Simeone argued that the Super Eagles would have accumulated at least four points before they face off with Argentina, which makes their final match of the group a must win fixture.

''The danger in the area is how the games are played, I do not like the order of the matches. Because it happened to us, it happened to us in Japan,'' Simeone told Argentine newspaper La Nacion

''Nigeria was the weakest and the first, Sweden was better and in the middle was England, the most powerful. The same as now. Iceland, in theory, all imagine that it will be the easiest rival. If Croatia and Nigeria draw their first game, then a win against Croatia in the second game is mandatory. I explain?

''What happened to us in Japan: we won the opener against Nigeria. But England and Sweden tied. Everyone was happy, but then Sweden beat Nigeria and we were going to the field to play against England and we knew that we could not lose that game. And it happened. Now, of course, if you win the first two games, it will be much easier and none of these accounts will make sense.

''But it is clear that Croatia will be the toughest opponent and that they are in the middle I do not like. You can get to play on the last date against Nigeria, the two with four points or even them with four and we with three, and we know that between the two always the obligation will be Argentina.
''It can go wrong, we already know it. But I explain further: if Nigeria beat Croatia and we beat Iceland; then the second group match with Croatia is dicey because for them it is key, and Nigeria would beat Iceland to add six points.''

Nigeria and Argentina will face off for the fifth time in a group game at the World Cup on June 26, 2018 at Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg.

Igho Kingsley

source: ANS

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magink: 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2018
[quote author=daveP post=63864231]Yeah. its goal. nt reliable to you?

Goal news isn't always reliable. Tammy cannot make a U-turn, he can't even try it or think about it and this is because of what he said, also don't rule out the British press they can end his career if he dares it. He wasn't even on the bench for yesterday's game, boy hasn't seen anything yet.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
Icon4s:

He thought he had arrived only to find out he is not there yet. Lol!
to be honest wit you...I have never seen a foreign groomed player so much loved by Nigerians even prior he made his debut...

almost all Nigerians who watched the epl wanted him play for us....his desire and debut for Nigeria would have been so much celebrated...even you sir icon4 for the first time...I saw you admire and canvas for the inclusion of the young lad in our super eagles team...but he messed it up....

only pinnick can help him...that if...he is really serious playing for us...and not to use these scheme to draw up Southgate attention....so as to make 3 lions world cup team....
that lanky kid can be very cunning....I repeat very cunning..and deceptive

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2018
Tammy tammy ..... Well he should try the U turn stunt again....but after the world cup.

World cup is for men who are ready to make up their minds, not babies tied to their mother's (England) apron strings.
dude needs to grow up!

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magink: 7:48pm On Jan 03, 2018
Humility017:

to be honest wit you...I have never seen a foreign groomed player so much loved by Nigerians even prior he made his debut...

almost all Nigerians who watched the epl wanted him play for us....his desire and debut for Nigeria would have been so much celebrated...even you sir icon4 for the first time...I saw you admire and canvas for the inclusion of the young lad in our super eagles team...but he messed it up....

only pinnick can help him...that if...he is really serious playing for us...and not to use these scheme to draw up Southgate attention....so as to make 3 lions world cup team....
I Actually agree with your 3rd and last paragraph, I think so too he's trying to get the attention of Southgate, the boy reminds me of the cunning tortoise in my childhood story book. He smells trouble, I don't want him in our national team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

U are proving my point because none of these guys left after CHAN. If u play in CHAN chances are that you will have to wait until the summer window to move. Egwekwe was a full international btw.

CHAN was an opportunity for the scouts to assess them. CHAN is held in January - February. Players typically move in Summer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:32pm On Jan 03, 2018
daveP:
Yeah. its goal. nt reliable to you?

Wishes for Africa 2018

OPINION

10/11| REVEALED: GOAL’S AFRICAN FOOTBALL WISHES FOR 2018

A Tammy Abraham U-turn: Despite being tipped to join Gernot Rohr’s Nigeria revolution, Abraham denied Amaju Pinnick’s claim and instead reaffirmed his loyalty to England. An international debut against Germany further affirmed that Abraham was destined for a future with the Three Lions, although the fact that this match was a friendly leaves the door slightly ajar for a change of heart. While many Nigeria fans have turned their back on Abraham, there will surely be some supporters that would love to see the attacker offer his services to the Super Eagles in time for the trip to Russia.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/galleries/revealed-goals-african-football-wishes-for-2018/10/168o053ozp6g61498w6lccm5dv

The writer according to Gernot Rohr is "guilty of wishful thinking". My brother its not a speculation but what someone on his bed was wishing to be.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2018
Humility017:

I have concerns over our striking department.

Just take a look at the strikers we have in the fold. Only Ighalo and Nwakaeme seem to be getting the desired playing time. And of course we know how we rate the leagues in which they play. Iheanacho and Kayode that I felt by now should be the two weapons of destruction in the team are not really measuring up club- wise. Iheanacho's case is even worse.

As it is now I am open to any striker that can add value to the team. If we are clamoring for competition in the defense then we should also do same for the attack.

The other day joebie rolled out a list of defenders he wants to see in camp. Why all the emphasis on the defense? As far as I am concerned by the time Rohr screens out the best of the crop of defenders we have already we are good to go. I am not even rooting for any new inclusion in the defense.

Where I want Rohr to throw in competition is in the attack. Rohr and his crew should monitor Paul Onuachu and Junior Ajayi closely. They may turn out to be better than 1 or 2 of the strikers we have already.

As for Tammy. I think we should leave him out of the world cup. If truly he wants to play for Nigeria his loyalty should be tested with a trip to Libya or Seychelles.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:47pm On Jan 03, 2018
Danielnino00:
Its a few days to the end of the year...

Who is your Nigeria player of the year??

CC: Forgiveness, TheGoodJoe,Safarigirl,Komekn,Icon79, icon4s, Mujthida,Kog45,Goldfish,soetanoreoluwa,Mikeal2,elyte89, and other distinguished members of the thread

PS: You can add another player that's not on this list
Henry Onyekuru.
At the viewing Centre where I watch football matches, I am popularly called Onyekuru because of my love for him

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2018
Icon4s:

I have concerns about our striking department.

Just take a lot at the strikers we have in the fold. Only Ighalo and Nwakaeme seem to be getting the desired playing time. And of course we know how we rate the leagues in which they play. Iheanacho and Kayode that I felt by now should be the two weapons of destruction in the team are not really measuring up club- wise. Iheanacho's case is even worse.

As it is now I am open to any striker that can add value to the team. If we are clamoring for competition in the defense then we should also do same for the attack.

The other day joebie rolled out a list of defenders he wants to see in camp. Why all the emphasis on the defense? As far as I am concerned by the time Rohr screens out the best of the crop of defenders we have already we are good to go. I am not even rooting for any new inclusion in the defense.

Where I want Rohr to throw in competition is in the attack. Rohr and his crew should monitor Paul Onuachu and Junior Ajayi closely. They may turn out to be better than 1 or 2 of the strikers we have already.

As for Tammy. I think we should leave him out of the world cup. If truly he wants to play for Nigeria his loyalty should be tested with a trip to Libya or Seychelles.

well said sir...especially as regard Tammy...
but for that junior ajayi inclusion it is a no for me.....
that guy is just slightly better than those we have in the domestic league....not a super eagle material yet.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) (2512) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Famocious(m), elyte89, ThanosKilla(m), CornOak(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.