Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11948563 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) ... (16363) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2018
elyte89:
Now DT Liverpool wants to sign mahrez,shld iheanacho still embark on bristol loan deal? wink

Iheanacho is not directly in contention with Mahrez but with Vardy.

Even with Vardy injured Iheanacho was still places on the bench in an FA Cup game against Fleetwood Town.

Mahrez going will not change anything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2018
It doesn't make sense, should Mahrez even be their target when they have Salah?
elyte89:
Now DT Liverpool wants to sign mahrez,shld iheanacho still embark on bristol loan deal? wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 9:24am On Jan 07, 2018
safarigirl:
was Kelechi not peforming under Guardiola? Yes or no?

When last did I complain about Leicester or the coach?

And how many times have we said here that club football is different from National teams? You think Rohr has the time to keep testing players that are not bringing anything to the table?

On this same thread, we have asked for the exclusion of Echiejile because he brings nothing to the table, is it because he has not performed previously? No, but he is not performing now and that is enough for some of us to ask for his exclusion and who are we using to replace him? Aina and Idowu

Echiejile is from my state, but I will be pained if Rohr drops Aina for him. So, it is you who is an ignoramus if you think this is about who is Igbo or Yoruba

Your brother, Kayode is not performing as it stands and does not deserve another chance, people will not even give Nwakaeme another chance, is he also Yoruba? Bear in mind, Nwakaeme is performing for his club, unlike Kayode that we cannot see anywhere, but I don't see you waving Nwakaeme's flag here

I at least thank God that you have now spoken what is on your mind, you think Nigerians believe Yoruba players are inferior to their Igbo counterparts, so, you continually put them against each other to prove the falsity in that.

Na small small people dey talk their mind for this place.

Good points, Nigerians from all regions have come to love and appreciate iheanacho for all the goals hehas given us in national teams. It would be suicidal for the coach to drop such a performer in the gwg and then replace him with a player that is not on everyones lips, who has not done much for the team. If the new player flops or makes normal mistakes the pressure on the coach would be massive, and people would believe we lost because of the player that was dropped. We are all political animals coaches can also be influenced by popular choice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:29am On Jan 07, 2018
Icon4s:

Is Musa part of the proposed move?
I think there is an offer from buraspor for him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 9:33am On Jan 07, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Em... Bristol City manager looks a better coach than Puel and definitely better than Shakespeare.

Did you see the dross Leicester City played against Fleetwood? Slimani was even encouraging his teammates to show a bit more bravery. The system made Slimani's hardwork meaningless.

grin

Sir Goodjoe..... Bristol City Manager is now a better Manager than Puel and Shakespeare?! I hope it's the Truth, and helps to improve Iheanacho becoming a Kinda Player we all dream of!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:39am On Jan 07, 2018
Humility017:
I think there is an offer from buraspor for him...
OK then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:43am On Jan 07, 2018
safarigirl:
was Kelechi not peforming under Guardiola? Yes or no?

When last did I complain about Leicester or the coach?

And how many times have we said here that club football is different from National teams? You think Rohr has the time to keep testing players that are not bringing anything to the table?

On this same thread, we have asked for the exclusion of Echiejile because he brings nothing to the table, is it because he has not performed previously? No, but he is not performing now and that is enough for some of us to ask for his exclusion and who are we using to replace him? Aina and Idowu

Echiejile is from my state, but I will be pained if Rohr drops Aina for him. So, it is you who is an ignoramus if you think this is about who is Igbo or Yoruba

Your brother, Kayode is not performing as it stands and does not deserve another chance, people will not even give Nwakaeme another chance, is he also Yoruba? Bear in mind, Nwakaeme is performing for his club, unlike Kayode that we cannot see anywhere, but I don't see you waving Nwakaeme's flag here

I at least thank God that you have now spoken what is on your mind, you think Nigerians believe Yoruba players are inferior to their Igbo counterparts, so, you continually put them against each other to prove the falsity in that.

Na small small people dey talk their mind for this place.

Hahaha, firstlady, cool temper.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2018
Icon4s:

Hahaha, firstlady, cool temper.
the bros own don too much. E go dey cry like say na only him guys dey suffer pass for Super Eagles, Echiejile that most people have thrown inside dustbin, is he Yoruba? What of Mikel Agu that has been vilified here, is he Yoruba?

The Idowu that we are asking to replace Echiejile after one game, is he Igbo?

Forgiveness has blinded himself to those ones, it is only Kayode's lack of chances he is seeing. I am sure Kayode is his relative, because there is no logical explanation to why he is so insistent on that one and has covered his eyes to the other Omoluabi players that are performing in GwG

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 07, 2018
I no call anybody name ooooo, but I hope some people here realize that the world cup is in 5 months time give or take. Any "new" player that is been hyped here that does not make the cut for our friendly games in March should plan for 2022 (if age is still on the players side). This is Gernot Rohr we are talking about not Baba "Egunje" Keshi (May God rest his soul).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 10:12am On Jan 07, 2018
Danielnino00:
Throwback to Shooting star's CAF CL game against a north Africa team in Lagos 30 years ago!

See crowd!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 10:22am On Jan 07, 2018
TheGoodJoe:
Iheanacho's Move To Bristol City Is A Must Move

The education comes first. A player must play in an environment where he grows as a player. Another important reason is that the player must play in a system that suit him

Lee Johnson is a fan of fast, energetic, free flowing attacking football which is a style of football that will clearly suit Iheanacho.  

a player who must play in a system that suits him must be prepared to be a journeyman except he is already a well established and accomplished player and even that is not a guarantee. coaches play their style amd wants players to fit in or ship out. some coaches change style to match opposition. so more versatile and adaptable players would get more game time.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:53am On Jan 07, 2018
*The League Management Company, LMC have released the fixtures for the forthcoming 2018 Nigerian Professional Football League season.*

The 2018 NPFL season will kick start on January 14, 2018.

There will be three midweek matches on match days 2, 4 and 5 while the mid-season break will be from April 30 to May 5 and a longer break for the FIFA World Cup from June 14 to July 15.

Resumption from the World Cup break will be on July 18 and this will be observed with matchday 25 which will be the first of another three mid-week matches in the second stanza of the league. The other two mid-week fixtures will be on matchdays 27 and 29.

*2018 Nigeria Professional Football League [NPFL] – Full Fixtures*

*MD1 14/01*

Kwara United vs Niger Tornadoes

FC Ifeanyi Uba vs Yobe D.  Stars

Wikki Tourist vs Go-Round

Akwa United vs Enugu Rangers

Lobi stars vs Enyimba

Heartland vs Sunshine stars

Katsina United vs Kano Pillars

Nasarawa United vs Plateau United

Rivers United vs EL Kanemi

Abia Warriors vs MFM

*Kickoff 4pm*

*MD2 17/01 Midweek*

Niger Tornadoes vs FC Ifeanyi Uba

Yobe D. Stars vs Wikki Tourists

Go-round vs Akwa United

Enugu Rangers vs Lobi Stars

Enyimba vs Heartland

Sunshine stars vs Katsina United

Kano Pillars vs Nasarawa United

Plateau United vs Rivers United

El Kanemi vs Abia Warriors

MFM vs Kwara United

*Kickoff 4pm*

*MD3 21/01*
FC Ifeanyi Uba vs Kwara United

Wikki Tourists vs Niger Tornadoes

Akwa United vs Yobe D. Stars

Lobi stars vs Go-round

Heartland vs Enugu Rangers

Katsina United vs Enyimba

Nasarawa United vs Sunshine stars

Rivers United vs Kano Pillars

EL Kanemi vs MFM

Abia Warriors vs Plateau Utd
*Kickoff 4pm*

*MD4 24/01 Midweek*
Kwara United vs Wikki Tourists

Niger Tornadoes vs Akwa United

Yobe D. Stars vs Lobi Stars

Go-round vs Heartland

Enugu Rangers vs Katsina United

Enyimba vs Nasarawa United

Sunshine stars vs Rivers United

Kano Pillars vs Abia Warriors

Plateau United vs EL Kanemi

MFM vs FC Ifeanyi Uba

*Kickoff 4pm*

*MD5 28/01 Midweek*
Wikki Tourists vs FC Ifeanyi Uba

Akwa United vs Kwara United

Lobi stars vs Niger Tornadoes

Heartland vs Yobe D. Stars

Katsina United vs Go-round

Nasarawa United vs Enugu Rangers

Rivers United vs Enyimba

Abia Warriors vs Sunshine stars

El Kanemi vs Kano Pillars

Plateau United vs MFM

*MD6 31/01*
FC Ifeanyi Uba vs Akwa United

Kwara United vs Lobi stars

Niger Tornadoes vs Heartland

Yobe Stars vs Katsina United

Go-round vs Nasarawa United

Enugu Rangers vs Rivers United

Enyimba vs Abia Warriors

Sunshine Stars vs EL Kanemi

Kano Pillars vs Plateau United

MFM vs Wikki Tourists

*MD7 04/02*
Akwa United vs Wikki Tourists

Lobi stars vs FC Ifeanyi Uba

Heartland vs Kwara United

Katsina United vs Niger Tornadoes

Nasarawa United vs Yobe stars

Rivers United vs Go-round

Abia Warriors vs Enugu Rangers

El Kanemi vs Enyimba

Plateau United vs Sunshine Stars

Kano Pillars  vs MFM

*MD8 11/02*
Wikki Tourists vs Lobi Stars

FC Ifeanyi Uba vs Heartland

Kwara United vs Katsina United

Niger Tornadoes vs Nasarawa United

Yobe stars vs Rivers United

Go-round vs Abia Warriors

Enugu Rangers vs EL Kanemi

Enyimba vs Plateau United

Sunshine Stars vs Kano Pillars

MFM vs Akwa United

*MD9 18/02*
Lobi Stars vs Akwa United

Heartland vs Wikki Tourists

Katsina United vs FC Ifeanyi Uba

Nasarawa United vs Kwara United

Rivers United vs Niger Tornadoes

Abia Warriors vs Yobe stars

El Kanemi vs Go-round

Plateau United vs Enugu Rangers

Kano Pillars vs Enyimba

Sunshine Stars vs MFM

*MD10 25/02*
Akwa United vs Heartland

Wikki Tourists vs Katsina United

FC Ifeanyi Uba vs Nasarawa United

Kwara United vs Rivers United

Niger Tornadoes vs Abia Warriors

Yobe stars vs EL Kanemi

Go-round vs Plateau United

Enugu Rangers vs Kano Pillars

Enyimba vs Sunshine stars

MFM vs Lobi Stars

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 11:04am On Jan 07, 2018
somehow:
It doesn't make sense, should Mahrez even be their target when they have Salah?

what if salah is injured or lose form. Depth in the squad is good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:17am On Jan 07, 2018
Apparently Sergio Romeo is angling for a transfer to Deportivo la carona from Man utd due to lack of game time leading up to the world cup.
If the move materialized, the Argentine will kill 2 birds with one stone, if you know what I mean. sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2018
goldfish80:
Apparently Sergio Romeo is angling for a transfer to Deportivo la carona from Man utd due to lack of game time leading up to the world cup.
If the move materialized, the Argentine will kill 2 birds with one stone, if you know what I mean. sad
lol....well, let's hope the move doesn't materialise grin

Uzoho is sha playing well where he is, and we really can't say if the coach would have played him in the first team with or without Romero's move.

Time will tell sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:44am On Jan 07, 2018
NNL Super 4

Starts today with 1 match at Agege Stadium at 4pm.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:44am On Jan 07, 2018
Don't they have strurrige?
rabzy:

what if salah is injured or lose form. Depth in the squad is good.

I'm not against them buying, just wondering if they were doing that to replace coutinho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 11:48am On Jan 07, 2018
"We will see [about Musa]. Perhaps it could be a possibility [for him to leave]. We will see with the player and the opportunity for the club also. I need to have discussions about some players."

- CLAUDE PUEL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by blacksteel(m): 11:50am On Jan 07, 2018
Musa’s agent surprised about Bursaspor link
05 Jan | 21:48
© supersport.com

Ahmed Musa © Getty Images
Ahmed Musa’s agent Tony Harris has informed supersport.com that recent news linking his client to Turkish club Bursaspor is a complete joke and a figment of someone's imagination.

"We have indeed been approached by the top three clubs in Turkey but Musa is not keen to go to Turkey just yet. There’s a big chance that Musa will remain in England. I’m however surprised about the link to Bursaspor. I don’t know where the rumour came from.

"It's a complete joke and a figment of someone's imagination. Rest assured Musa is not going to Bursaspor," Harris explained to supersport.com.

Harris who represents Nigerian international William Troost-Ekong who is also on the books of Bursaspor, said Musa is a top player who can play for any top team in the world.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
TheGoodJoe:
Kelechi Iheanacho is a player known for his high conversion rate of chances created. At Bristol City, he will play in a system where chances will get created. This makes it an ideal place for Nacho.

Finito.

and when he goes there and flops you will now say that Bristol is bad. Anyways Bristol City DO NOT want Nacho, so that's wishful thinking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
rabzy:

a player who must play in a system that suits him must be prepared to be a journeyman except he is already a well established and accomplished player and even that is not a guarantee. coaches play their style amd wants players to fit in or ship out. some coaches change style to match opposition. so more versatile and adaptable players would get more game time.

thank you Sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
Truidstar:
I no call anybody name ooooo, but I hope some people here realize that the world cup is in 5 months time give or take. Any "new" player that is been hyped here that does not make the cut for our friendly games in March should plan for 2022 (if age is still on the players side). This is Gernot Rohr we are talking about not Baba "Egunje" Keshi (May God rest his soul).
Pls stop insulting Stephen Keshi.He is late and deserves a great respect.I believe anyone that knows history of Nigeria football would never disrespect him.He has played his part and he would be remember in positive way till eternity.

Mind you Rohr hasn't done much to be compared to Keshi in Nigeria even in Africa.Rohr only achievement is WC qualification and not an achievement to us cos we have been to WC five times,hope you remember Shuaib Amodu made it for us twice,so Rohr qualification is non issue but his performance in the coming WC would determine how far and remember he still have to win Afcon to be on the same level with Westerhoff and great Keshi.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
As in eh, trust nigerians to overlook anything they have in pursuit of something, anything, tagged 'foreign'. When you compare the Ivorian and Malian team that Keshi's team defeated enroute that Afcon win with the present Cameroonian and Algerian teams we faced this year you will see that Keshi did a lot of good work(not to mention that he did it with a restless mind, I mean he had already lost his job at some point!) but just because Rohr qualified us for the WC he is the next best thing after bread and butter. Look at Oliseh and the criticism he received and check where he is now, did Rohr ever get to that point when he was Oliseh's age? But so long as any nigerian is concerned, Oliseh should remain a pundit and he isn't fit enough to polish Rohr's boots, the thing sha tire me

Kog45:
Pls stop insulting Stephen Keshi.He is late and deserves a great respect.I believe anyone that knows history of Nigeria football would never disrespect him.He has played his part and he would be remember in positive way till eternity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
Mickael2:
As in eh, trust nigerians to overlook anything they have in pursuit of something, anything, tagged 'foreign'. When you compare the Ivorian and Malian team that Keshi's team defeated enroute that Afcon win with the present Cameroonian and Algerian teams we faced this year you will see that Keshi did a lot of good work(not to mention that he did it with a restless mind, I mean he had already lost his job at some point!) but just because Rohr qualified us for the WC he is the next best thing after bread and butter. Look at Oliseh and the criticism he received and check where he is now, did Rohr ever get to that point when he was Oliseh's age? But so long as any nigerian is concerned, Oliseh should remain a pundit and he isn't fit enough to polish Rohr's boots, the thing sha tire me

Thank you Mike,some just see Rohr as tin god as if we don't know much about him in Africa especially with Burkina Faso though i appreciate him for what he is doing presently but still has a long way to go.He has to beat Keshi and Westerhoff record (2nd round WC and Afcon)before he can be a force to reckon with in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

See crowd!

Those were the days when European football was not available for viewing in Nigeria... People had mad passion for the league and clubs..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
Nigeria: Musa Not Going to Turkey, Says Agent

Super Eagles striker, Ahmed Musa is not interested in a move to Turkey. His agent Tony Harris said the player will remain in England and take his chances with the Foxes.
There are indications that Turkish Super Ligue side, Bursaspor and Leicester City are in negotiations for a loan deal for Musa who is yet to start a game for the former English Premier League champions this season.
Bursaspor's representative Hasan Parlakay confirmed their interest while speaking with reporters.
"Ahmed Musa is a very influential player who will be able to add value and class to us," Parlakay said.

"If we are realistic, we cannot buy him. But he wants to play with Nigeria in the World Cup. For this you have to keep playing and keep form in the league. We have players in our team from the same national team, [Mikel] Agu and [William] Troost-Ekong.
"Wearing the Bursaspor shirt on loan until the end of the year is an attractive offer. We hope to give good news in the coming days."

However, Harris who disclosed that as much as three top Turkish clubs are keen on having Musa, said the dashing winger will not consider a move.
"We have indeed been approached by the top three clubs in Turkey but Musa is not keen to go to Turkey just yet.
"There's a big chance that Musa will remain in England. I'm however, surprised about the link to Bursaspor.

"I don't know where the rumour came from. "It's a complete joke and a figment of someone's imagination. Rest assured Musa is not going to Bursaspor," said Harris who also represents Super Eagles defender William Troost-Ekong who players for Bursaspor.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201801070064.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
blacksteel:
Musa’s agent surprised about Bursaspor link
05 Jan | 21:48
© supersport.com

Ahmed Musa © Getty Images
Ahmed Musa’s agent Tony Harris has informed supersport.com that recent news linking his client to Turkish club Bursaspor is a complete joke and a figment of someone's imagination.

"We have indeed been approached by the top three clubs in Turkey but Musa is not keen to go to Turkey just yet. There’s a big chance that Musa will remain in England. I’m however surprised about the link to Bursaspor. I don’t know where the rumour came from.

"It's a complete joke and a figment of someone's imagination. Rest assured Musa is not going to Bursaspor," Harris explained to supersport.com.

Harris who represents Nigerian international William Troost-Ekong who is also on the books of Bursaspor, said Musa is a top player who can play for any top team in the world.
woe betide this agent...should musa keep sitting on the bench and even playing for the reserve team....
it goes to show this men are only after the money and not this players careers..

it will gladdens my heart if musa is left out of the world cup party to serve as a deterent to many upcoming young players in the future.....you don't place money over your career progress....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
Danielnino00:

Those were the days when European football was not available for viewing in Nigeria... People had mad passion for the league and clubs..

You think European football is the reason why people dont go to the stadiums to watch local leagues ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
As the crowd Nigerian crowd or an away match?
Danielnino00:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
I prefer him in Russia to Turkey.

Humility017:

woe betide this agent...should musa keep sitting on the bench and even playing for the reserve team....
it goes to show this men are only after the money and not this players careers..

it will gladdens my heart if musa is left out of the world cup party to serve as a deterent to many upcoming young players in the future.....you don't place money over your career progress....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
Largely!
OMANBALA1:

You think European football is the reason why people dont go to the stadiums to watch local leagues ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
Kog45:

Mind you Rohr hasn't done much to be compared to Keshi in Nigeria even in Africa.Rohr only achievement is WC qualification and not an achievement to us cos we have been to WC five times,hope you remember Shuaib Amodu made it for us two times,so Rohr qualification is non issue but his performance in the coming WC would determine how far and remember he still have to win Afcon to be on the same level with Westerhoff and great Keshi.
he did throw away his great reputation for Heaven Knows What in 2014 and made nonsense of his own achievement

That much cannot be denied....so, whenever, we remember Keshi for doing something great as a renowned indigenous coach, many will still bring up the final moments of his coaching career as a dent.

Same way Oliseh will be remembered as a woeful coach for Nigeria. It's a given really, you remember the good with the bad and choose the side you would rather harp on depending on your argument.

And this is coming from a strong Keshi supporter. I even supported him when he took those clowns to Brazil.

However, comparing him to Rohr? Nah, no basis just yet. Rohr needs to make his own name and his own achievements first

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) (2531) ... (16363) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, Odunayaw(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.