Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11790511 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) (2543) (2544) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2018
E don do Na ahn ahn!!! We are all adults for goodness sake please let's stop with the insults. we all have rights to our opinions on football matters even if we don't agree all the time let's just respect each other this is an online family we don't know each other from adam in real life so we should not take stuff personal against each other.

Safarigirl Biko nu it's ok let move on and talk football.

Forgiveness egbon Jo o ti to. E je ka tesiwaju. E fi gbogbo Oro ija ATI kaa ma bu ara wa seyin 2017 odun tun tun leleyi Olurun a wa pelu e
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

It is true and u know it. How many times do arsenal fans complain about their back line or midfield? I mean these defenders have made worse errors than John Stones did last season but the coverage has been shockingly less. Iwobi needs to improve but it is not as do or die as the fans make it. He might not have scored much this season but he has been helping his team.

You obviously haven't been following real Arsenal fans. By that I mean, paying fans/ season ticket holders. You can sample their views on legrove, arsetalks,highbury-house and the likes.
They point at Xhaka/Ramsey for not doing enough defensively. Koscielny, Bellerin and Materscaker are other targets
Iwobi is called out for not doing enough offensively. You have to understand these guys pay the highest ticket price in Europe, they have all the right to complain since they are high paying customers.

Most of them aren't even English. Arsenal is a global brand whose fans cut across various country/continent. They mostly don't give a damn about England.

It is a huge misrepresentation of facts if you think they are so petty to call out Iwobi because he dumped England. If that's were you're going anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
tbaba1234:
What are your thoughts about Ebuehi's proposed move to Benfica? Good move or should he hold out for an English move?
Seriously don't get the hype for England though.
Don't know much about benfica so I cannot categorically say which is better. What I do know, however, is that decisions such as this should be made after thorough study of the options and not just jumping to a club because it's in England
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
krattoss:
nne eeehh.. frankly speaking u are bad mouthed... common u are a lady for crying out loud... I guess u won't dare this ur attitude with any random guy face to face...

girls ought to have some sense of respect towards their male counterparts. . and if this is how u behave in real life... I pity ur man to be and ur marriage cos it's gonna be full of fights..

u 're supposed to be calming things down with ur melodious God given voice and not follow men dey exchange words..

I have been observing u since years I joined this thread ...U 'RE TOO RUDE AND BAD MOUTHED FOR MY LIKING..

and what's with u and iheanacho sef. .u dey receive ten percent from the nigga salary?.. why u always coming hard on any one that criticizes him?? I pray u 're benefiting from the guy in one way or the other..or else these ur rantings and words in support f or him is as useless as P in Psychology. .

CHANGE FOR UR OWN GOOD..
when last did I come hard on anyone that criticuzes Iheanacho? If not foegiveness, I have largely left out anyone with realistic criticisms about Iheanacho, I have criticised Iheanacho myself.

Has forgiveness ever criticized Kayode on this thread? Why must he always frag Iheanacho inside any discussion that has to do with Kayode?

If I will change, it is not because of butthurt people on the internet, na my papa give me my bad mouth, thank you.

Like I said, as long as forgiveness keeps talking, I will drag him. After all, I ignored him since yesterday, and I did not see you coming to tell him to stop when he was dragging everyone else in between.

Since he has decided to be a whiny woman, I will treat him as such. Bikonu, leave the road. Danke

BTW: I do not engage any random guys face to face and if I must engage you, you should show a level of intelligence to even catch my attention. In reality, someone as dense as forgiveness, I would never even give audience. He would only be good for amusement

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
elyte89:
Y is everyone calling oga forgiveness into order,leaving out safarigirl?am not supporting anybody but it seems we re painting a pic of taking side,it doesn't make any sense... Both messed up,its obvious... majority here don't know aw to tackle issues wout tackling personality..let's stop all dis and move on
safarigirl did not engage forgiveness for a long time. Meanwhile, forguveness was fighting the whole compound like a shameless woman.

If you want to move on, stay out of the discussion. Na all this chuking of mouth left and right that dragged it. If everyone has just dropped the issue and allowed forgiveness continue on his tirade, e for don die since.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2018
Kog45:
Kelly if u add your own i no go dey happy,pls let's talk better thing na,na eagles bring us come here and just 5 months to the WC we are fighting the same old stuff wey always bring the thread to standstill.Oga icon4s don talk am say he no dey for all these Iheanacho, Kayode etc supremacy tussles.

My brother, If u ask me both players can even make the squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2018
tbaba1234:
What are your thoughts about Ebuehi's proposed move to Benfica? Good move or should he hold out for an English move?

I would advise him to stay in holland so he can continue to enjoy first team football. Hopefully a good performance at the world cup should see his stock rise which could mean better offers from other clubs.

If he goes to benfica there's no guarantee he'll get playing time or that he would have settled down while he might get good playing time I wouldn't want the physicality of the championship to cause any unnecessary injury to him so close to the world cup

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2018
SerVik:

Seriously don't get the hype for England though.
Don't know much about benfica so I cannot categorically say which is better. What I do know, however, is that decisions such as this should be made after thorough study of the options and not just jumping to a club because it's in England

The English league is very hyped so i understand why players want to move there.

Plus there is the language. Ebuehi speaks English so England will be better for adaptation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
forgiveness:

Did you not hear NFF officials are monitoring this thread and did you not hear that the comments here influenced their decisions sometimes?
Well, you have also been parading the likes of Ajagun, lawal, Aluko, kayode and the likes but they have not gotten their own invites.

Could it be just a mere coincidence that Rohr invited those players you've been clamoring for and not because he saw your list on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
chrisooblog:

I would advise him to stay in holland so he can continue to enjoy first team football. Hopefully a good performance at the world cup should see his stock rise which could mean better offers from other clubs.

If he goes to benfica there's no guarantee he'll get playing time or that he would have settled down while he might get good playing time I wouldn't want the physicality of the championship to cause any unnecessary injury to him so close to the world cup

His contract expires in the summer. His club will want to cash in now if he refuses to renew.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tradeplaza: 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
kiss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2018
chrisooblog:

sole reason I would not advise any of our players currently getting game time to move this January.

The fear of the unknown is real, it's a World Cup year, so, there will be no space for risks like that.

Any of our players who wishes to move this January, should do so because of playing time, any other reason should be shelved until the summer transfer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2018
safarigirl:
okay, this is a lie. Last week, I mentioned here that Iwobi plays woefully for Arsenal, so I don't know how you can claim that only you and Omanbala have called him out when I have done same.

Similarly, when it was claimed on this thread that Iwobi is a new face of SE, overtaking Kelechi, I also said that he had only risen to that level because of his last two games for us, not because of consistency

So, I refuse to be lumped into people who have been blinded to Iwobi's poor performance for Arsenal, however, unlike you, I am not in that group that believes we should be very worried.

Why?

Because if you are worried, who will you replace him with? My problem with you worriers on this thread, is that you have no viable options outside these players, so why should you be worried about something you cannot change?

It is up to Iwobi to determine what kind o performance he puts up in Russia, it is up to him to make a statement in his career....he will be in Russia fo sure, so, why worry about what you cannot change?

If you guys can come up with any alternatives, great! But there are some names on that team that have no alternatives and we should therefore, not unnecessarily stress ourselves with worry, but rather, be positive.
Anyway,I cant recall you commenting about his performances. Could be you did so subtly hence I didn't pick it.

I don't understand, you're not worried one of your key players heading into a serious tournament is out of of form? Moreover, football doesn't end at the world cup. His career is on the line. He can't make make progress if he keep performing below par.
The same Nigerians indulging his poor performances will wonder why Nigerians don't win the Apoty.
This is the same with Kelechi, over indulgence and giving him too much benefit of doubt in the face of poor performance have him going from the world best teen in 2014 to freaking Bristol city target 4yrs on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
SerVik:

Well, you have also been parading the likes of Ajagun, lawal, Aluko, kayode and the likes but they have not gotten their own invites.

Could it be just a mere coincidence that Rohr invited those players you've been clamoring for and not because he saw your list on Nairaland?
more importantly, is he the only one that has been clamouring for them?

Was he the one that scouted them? Does he have Rohr's phone number? Is he a member of NFF? Is he even affiliated to NFF?

That statement is as silly as someone here claiming that he inspired Rohr to use 3-5-2 formation or inspired Rohr to make the necessary substitutions against Argentina undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
SerVik:

So, Kayode has not gotten invitation?

The remaining 3 will get theirs if they continue to perform.

It is not too late. Na step by step.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
I am saying Iwobi wasn't above criticism here when he played badly for SE. If we can criticize him when he played badly for the SE, it shows he is not viewed as a sacred cow.
Just come out clearly and say what he did against Zambia and Argentina was a fluke, then we can start talking.

Well, I'm only hopeful that he continues with his recent performances for SE. Because he's been that player scoring in crucial moments for us. It's not like the rest of our players have always been consistent. I want us to do well at the World Cup. And that's why I'm on this thread.. I'm not here to play favoritisms.. to protect some players and attack others. My motive is clean. As long as Iwobi can continue to bring that good recent SE form to the table I am okay.

I don't know what you're trying to prove. Yes he scored a goal against Zambia in his cameo and a very good 45 minutes against Argentina. Between those 2 games, he had a very quiet game against Algeria in Omduman. Before that he was benched in the double headers against Cameroun and was atrociously out of form against South Africa.
He hasn't been that marvelous for the super eagles. I want to make that very clear to you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
goldfish80:

Anyway,I cant recall you commenting about his performances. Could be you did so subtly hence I didn't pick it.

I don't understand, you're not worried one of your key players heading into a serious tournament is out of of form? Moreover, football doesn't end at the world cup. His career is on the line. He can't make make progress if he keep performing below par.
The same Nigerians indulging his poor performances will wonder why Nigerians don't win the Apoty.
This is the same with Kelechi, over indulgence and giving him too much benefit of doubt in the face of poor performance have him going from the world best teen in 2014 to freaking Bristol city target 4yrs on.

it was even you I quoted to support your stance that he has been playing terribly. Two weeks ago, I mentioned that he was losing passes on the field of play. I can't even watch him play for Arsenal, because it is a sad show.

And in everything you wrote here, you did not proffer a solution. You cannot even say he should be dropped, because who you wan replace am with?

What would you rather Iwobi does? He no dey play well, what is your solution? What should we the fans do about his poor performances? You can complain all day, but who are you complaining to?

Is it because of us that Kelechi's career is not going well? Kelechi that does not even visit social media regularly and barely has a functioning SM account? Which of us could have reached him?

If some people pet him, did he not get substantial attacks here too? It got to a point, his person was being attacked. What did that do?

If you want to vent and complain, at least let it all be fruitful. I cannot be wasting cry on top pesin wey no know say I dey cry for am. I no be him sister or even him babe, highest na to talk, na there e go finish

The buck stops with Iwobi and Kelechi, they are the only ones who can help themselves. All our complaining on this thread no fit help pesin wey no know say e get problem

Now, like I always say, if you have some advice to give to these players, their social media pages would be a nice place to start.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cheapgoals(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
Discover the world of football investment and make profit steadily everyday

Visit [url]cheapgoals.com/predictions[/url]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2018
Iwobi Rated Arsenal's Worst Player Vs Forest, Stats That Show He May Be Replaced By Nelson
Published: January 07, 2018

Alex Iwobi's dip in form worsened in Arsenal's humiliating 4-2 loss to Nottingham Forest in the third round of the FA Cup on Sunday evening so much so that he was rated the joint-worst Gunners player on the pitch.

With Mesut Ozil rested, the Nigeria international was supposed to be his team's playmaker but he was so poor that Arsenal fans were left scratching their heads.

None of Iwobi's three shots was on target against Forest, he had a passing accuracy of 85.5 percent and his defensive frailties and lack of creativity were exposed after making only one tackle and winning one foul for his side.

Comparing Iwobi's performance to Reiss Nelson, who is being tipped to replace the Nigerian in the first team, the 18-year-old made four key passes, had 11 touches more, passing accuracy 88.4 percent, made four tackles and won three fouls.

In the player ratings by Football.London, Iwobi was awarded three out of ten marks, along with central defenders Rob Holding and Per Mertesacker.

''Another poor performance from a player horribly out of form. Played in a deeper role than normal but couldn't influence the game,'' Charles Watts wrote on Iwobi.

In Iwobi's last 18 outings for Arsenal in all competitions, he has scored only one goal.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26087

The last time I posted datas comparing 6 players that can play Mikel's, someone rubbish eventhough the datas were gotten from an independent source.

Behold, it is what is used up there to evaluate the performance of a Player.

Iwobi style of play is one two pass. He can't play like Mikel though he brings another flavour to the team.

I watched him played yesterday and I can see he played the deep attacking midfield role but he could not influence the game neither did he create any chance.

I think he is better a SS and somehow a big game player.

However, I fear for our team if Mikel is not available for a game during the WC. Who will play his role effectively?

I know people call for my head if I suggest Raheem Lawal hence the need to look Josh Onomah way.

I think Josh Onomah should be given the chance to prove himself.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2018
Chelsea Congratulate Super Eagles Star For Scoring Maiden Goal

Published: January 08, 2018

Chelsea have congratulated Super Eagles defender Ola Aina for scoring his first-ever goal as a professional.

The former England U19 skipper achieved the feat in the 58th minute of Hull City's 1-0 win over Blackburn Rovers in the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday, January 6.

Aina overcame an injury scare to thump home a towering header which was enough to give Hull City a win.

''Delighted with our FA Cup win, buzzing to have got my first senior goal! Onto the next round �▪#hcafc,'' Ola Aina tweeted.

Chelsea retweeted the post, then added : ''Congrats, Ola! �''.

Aina put an end to a thirty-match and 2,417 minutes goal drought with his headed goal against an in-form Blackburn Rovers side.

Chelsea teammate Ike Ugbo also progressed to the fourth round of the competition with his new club MK Dons.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26089

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2018
Onariase, Osimhen, Onyedinma, Odelusi Make Nigerian Team Of The Week
Published: January 08, 2018

Onariase, Osimhen, Onyedinma, Odelusi Make Nigerian Team Of The Week
Team of the Week: With a couple of debutants impressing for their various clubs and few others putting in their consummate best during the past weekend, the list of best performers is hardly shorn of quality.

Allnigeriasoccer.com thus rounds up its illustrious team of the week..

Manny Agboola (Hampton and Richmond): The Oxford United loanee was between the stick for The Beavers and earned a clean sheet in his first outing against Hemel Hemstead Town in their goalless National League South encounter.

Emmanuel Onariase (Cheltenham): Onariase made his debut for Cheltenham in their 4-1 win over Colchester United in an England League Two clash, logging the full ninety minutes.

James Okwuosa (Chippa United): The Chippa United defender put in a classy showing as the Chilli Boys beat Amazulu FC 2-0 in the PSL.

Ola Aina (Hull city): The Chelsea loanee got off the mark for The Tigers in their Emirates FA Third Round victory over Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park, scoring the solitary goal of the game.

Abdullahi Shehu (Anorthosis Famagusta): Shehu was on from start to finish as his Cypriot side battled back to claim a 3-1 triumph over AEK Larnaca in the Cypriot First Division.

Fred Onyedinma (Millwall): The 21-year old midfielder got in among the goals for the Lions in their 4-1 win over Barnsley in the Third Round of the Emirates FA cup.

Chuks Aneke (Milton Keynes Dons): The former Arsenal starlet helped MK Dons to the fourth round of the Emirates FA Cup after beating Queen Park Rangers 1-0.

Inih Effiong (Woking): Effiong tallied his third goal in four consecutive games for Woking as they drew 4-4 with Maidstone United.

Sanmi Odelusi (Cheltenham Town):The winger came off the bench to score on his debut as Cheltenham Town stormed back to claim a 4-1 win over Colchester United in League Two.

Victor Osimhen (Wolfsburg): The Super Eagles striker was on target in Wolfsburg's 3-1 win over St Pauli in a friendly
game.

Anthony Ujah (Mainz): Ujah marked his return to Mainz with a goal in a tune-up 2-1 win against the Swiss outfit, St Gallen.

Emmanuel Chinaza

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26092

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:35pm On Jan 08, 2018
forgiveness:

Iwobi Rated Arsenal's Worst Player Vs Forest, Stats That Show He May Be Replaced By Nelson
Published: January 07, 2018

Alex Iwobi's dip in form worsened in Arsenal's humiliating 4-2 loss to Nottingham Forest in the third round of the FA Cup on Sunday evening so much so that he was rated the joint-worst Gunners player on the pitch.

With Mesut Ozil rested, the Nigeria international was supposed to be his team's playmaker but he was so poor that Arsenal fans were left scratching their heads.

None of Iwobi's three shots was on target against Forest, he had a passing accuracy of 85.5 percent and his defensive frailties and lack of creativity were exposed after making only one tackle and winning one foul for his side.

Comparing Iwobi's performance to Reiss Nelson, who is being tipped to replace the Nigerian in the first team, the 18-year-old made four key passes, had 11 touches more, passing accuracy 88.4 percent, made four tackles and won three fouls.

In the player ratings by Football.London, Iwobi was awarded three out of ten marks, along with central defenders Rob Holding and Per Mertesacker.

''Another poor performance from a player horribly out of form. Played in a deeper role than normal but couldn't influence the game,'' Charles Watts wrote on Iwobi.

In Iwobi's last 18 outings for Arsenal in all competitions, he has scored only one goal.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26087

Why post this here? We shouldn't be worried, he plays very well for the super eagles apparently. Arsenal fans are victimizing him because he chose Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
NEWS2018 World Cup: What Buhari told me about Super Eagles – Dalung

Published on January 8, 2018 By John Owen Nwachukwu

The Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Solomon Dalung, has revealed what was discussed in his meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, yesterday.

The Minister said the President charged him and other sport administrators in the country to ensure that the Super Eagles are not mere spectators at the competition.

The Minister disclosed this to State House correspondents after briefing the President on the progress recorded by the country in sporting activities last year.

He said, “2017 was a very good year in sports for Nigeria, we had the best outing. We had a Democratic elections into the federations and that has helped us tremendously because the federations are up and doing and their hauling in medals in almost all the competitions.

“I briefed him about our plans for 2018 because it is a sports year right from February to August, there is no dull moment. Right from CAF African Nations Championship (CHAN) to African Youth Champion in wrestling taking place in Port Harcourt, to Commonwealth Games scheduled for Gold Cost, Queensland.

“We need the support of the president as usual and funding as it is required to enable our teams succeed.

“Well so far so good. For the commonwealth games we have had all the budgetary allocations released and we are on course. The athletes are in camp, they are training. We have athletes in Port Harcourt while others are in Abuja.

“The challenge basically has been lack of training facilities. As we all know training facilities has to do with infrastructural deficit in sports because of long time neglect.

“The visit I made to Lagos the athletes are in high Spirit and are maximizing the available facilities on ground to do their best but we will cap it up possibly with our budget support with foreign camping. After reviewing what is available to us If we can guarantee it then we can export some of our areas of comparative advantage we will send some of our athletes to foreign countries.”

He said that President Buhari encouraged him to in 2018 sustain the tempo of the successes recorded so far in 2017, especially with the World Cup in Russia.

Dalung added, “He challenged me to ensure that Nigeria does not go to Russia a mere spectator.

“Of course I also informed him that part of the measures we have taken to address some of the challenges is to ensure that by March all the players are paid their match training and camp allowances upfront but for the bonuses is in terms of progression according to performance at the World Cup.”

Nigeria will play Croatia, Iceland and Argentina in the group stage of the World Cup in Russia

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/918364122?-21310:11479:1
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2018
goldfish80:

Why post this here? We shouldn't be worried, he plays very well for the super eagles apparently. Arsenal fans are victimizing him because he chose Nigeria.
if you don't have solution, stop complaining. Hian!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2018
safarigirl:
it was even you I quoted to support your stance that he has been playing terribly. Two weeks ago, I mentioned that he was losing passes on the field of play. I can't even watch him play for Arsenal, because it is a sad show.

And in everything you wrote here, you did not proffer a solution. You cannot even say he should be dropped, because who you wan replace am with?

What would you rather Iwobi does? He no dey play well, what is your solution? What should we the fans do about his poor performances? You can complain all day, but who are you complaining to?

Is it because of us that Kelechi's career is not going well? Kelechi that does not even visit social media regularly and barely has a functioning SM account? Which of us could have reached him?

If some people pet him, did he not get substantial attacks here too? It got to a point, his person was being attacked. What did that do?

If you want to vent and complain, at least let it all be fruitful. I cannot be wasting cry on top pesin wey no know say I dey cry for am. I no be him sister or even him babe, highest na to talk, na there e go finish

The buck stops with Iwobi and Kelechi, they are the only ones who can help themselves. All our complaining on this thread no fit help pesin wey no know say e get problem

Now, like I always say, if you have some advice to give to these players, their social media pages would be a nice place to start.

The social media is very powerful. You never can tell who is reading. His agen, manager or someone close to him could be following this thread or any other forum. Their job description goes beyond finding a club and cutting 10% of the deal, but also they engage fans to guage their pulse and real assessment of the player.

I'm not suggesting Iwobi or even Kelechi is dropped. Irrespective of their form, they sill still make the team because we don't have good subs for them. In a nation of 200 million , this is not good enough. That's why I'm worried.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
Joel Obi Becomes Third Nigerian To Reach 100-Game Milestone In Serie A But Gets Injured

Published: January 06, 2018
Joel Obi Becomes Third Nigerian To Reach 100-Game Milestone In Serie A But Gets Injured
Much loved Nigeria international Joel Obi became the third Nigerian player to reach a 100-game milestone in the Italian Serie A on Saturday, January 6.

The attacking midfielder started Torino's 3-0 win over Bologna at the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino, and joined respected former Super Eagles stars Christian Obodo and Stephen Makinwa in the 100-game club.

On the flip side, Obi had to be substituted after only 34 minutes after suffering a suspected ankle injury, and he will undergo a medical examination in the coming days to determine the severity of the ailment.

The 26-year-old played 50 games for Inter Milan in the Italian top-flight, 8 for Parma and made his 42nd appearance for Torino against The Red and Blues.

Nigeria's record holder in the Serie A is former Perugia, Fiorentina and Udinese star Christian Obodo, who amassed 196 appearances followed by Makinwa with 120.

Obafemi Martins, Victor Obinna and Eddy Onazi, who are active but not in Italy, played more than 50 games in the Serie A.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/918211839?-21310:11479:1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2018
safarigirl:
if you don't have solution, stop complaining. Hian!
The solution is not to complain. Interesting

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:53pm On Jan 08, 2018
goldfish80:

It is a huge misrepresentation of facts if you think they are so petty to call out Iwobi because he dumped England. If that's were you're going anyway.

Where did u get this from?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
goldfish80:

okay, keep complaining if it makes you feel better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2018
goldfish80:

okay, keep complaining if it makes you feel better undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
Akwa United fans : See your 17 year old..

Chai!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2018
tbaba1234:
Akwa United fans : See your 17 year old..

Chai!!

Hmm! Let us not disgrace ourselves in the public. We know how it rolls.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) (2543) (2544) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, Lyster360, Amedino99(m), immobilare(m), Napoleon55(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.