Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,419 members, 7,850,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11864394 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 9:36am On Jan 08, 2018
Icon4s:

Who doesn't know experience is the best teacher. They just pretend not to believe in experience just to promote their favorite inexperienced young players.

cheesy

Gbam!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:39am On Jan 08, 2018
goldfish80:

Th bolded is not true. Arsenal fans have mostly held the club responsible for not investing enough in the squad with a semi retired Materscaker, injury prone Koscielny (the guy have basically been playing with 1 Achilles), Xhaka with no recovery pace, Bellerin (hates defending).
These guys are basically the ones they point out for their lack of resilience at the back.
They call Iwobi out for lack out offensive output and rightly so.

I follow Arsenal quite a bit because I find them entertaining on Nd off the pitch

It is true and u know it. How many times do arsenal fans complain about their back line or midfield? I mean these defenders have made worse errors than John Stones did last season but the coverage has been shockingly less. Iwobi needs to improve but it is not as do or die as the fans make it. He might not have scored much this season but he has been helping his team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:55am On Jan 08, 2018
goldfish80:

It's not in my head. Myself and Omabala have been the few ones bold enough to call him out for poor performances when the majority have chosen to have a go at Arsenal fans instead of looking at the boy's performance critically.

I find it it ironic that we complain about Nigerian players lack of international recognition in individual awards, but we set the bar very low for the promising ones.
This is exactly what you're doing by ignoring his club form and judging him solely on his last game for the national team a couple of months back.

This is not the way to go if excellence is our aspiration.
okay, this is a lie. Last week, I mentioned here that Iwobi plays woefully for Arsenal, so I don't know how you can claim that only you and Omanbala have called him out when I have done same.

Similarly, when it was claimed on this thread that Iwobi is a new face of SE, overtaking Kelechi, I also said that he had only risen to that level because of his last two games for us, not because of consistency

So, I refuse to be lumped into people who have been blinded to Iwobi's poor performance for Arsenal, however, unlike you, I am not in that group that believes we should be very worried.

Why?

Because if you are worried, who will you replace him with? My problem with you worriers on this thread, is that you have no viable options outside these players, so why should you be worried about something you cannot change?

It is up to Iwobi to determine what kind o performance he puts up in Russia, it is up to him to make a statement in his career....he will be in Russia fo sure, so, why worry about what you cannot change?

If you guys can come up with any alternatives, great! But there are some names on that team that have no alternatives and we should therefore, not unnecessarily stress ourselves with worry, but rather, be positive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
Forgiveness , please change the broken record. it's overplayed . Else you can open a new thread for that specific purpose.

I hope you are well because if you're, you would not spew this gibberish.

Mr man, if anybody makes derogatory words against a whole tribe and your common sense didn't tell you this same platform was created by the same tribe you and your cohort abhor then you must be a lost soul.

Next time don't come here and start giving useless advice because if next you do, I will go harder on you than this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:17am On Jan 08, 2018
Icon4s:

But you compared Ejiogu with today's Akpeyi and Ezenwa.

Anyways, this no be court of law. We are just discussing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:28am On Jan 08, 2018
Icon4s:

But you compared Ejiogu with today's Akpeyi and Ezenwa.

Anyways, this no be court of law. We are just discussing.
Yes cos you said Ejiogu can only be good for CHAN if we have one then which I quite agreed based on what we have Enyeama,Ejide,Aiyenugba.

Do not forget we still have Greg Etafia,Ambrose Vanzekein,Uche Akubuike and solid Sunday Rotimi,so not even easy for him to make it but despite that Ejiogu of then is better than Ezenwa of today.

Pls check the list
1.Vincent Enyeama
2.Austin Ejide
3.Dele Aiyenugba
4.Sunday Rotimi
5.Greg Etafia
6.Uche Akubuike
7.Yakubu Haruna
8.Ambrose Vanzekein
9.Chiejoke Ejiogu

Pls tell me who Ezenwa or Akpeyi of today better on the list
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:29am On Jan 08, 2018
When does the January transfer window close?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:32am On Jan 08, 2018
safarigirl:
When does the January transfer window close?
Good question cos am expecting Iheanacho and Musa to make a move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 10:38am On Jan 08, 2018
Something just happens right now.. honestly I’m very angry. Why is that dude like this? Why are you always trying to segregate the team into ethnic group? I know you are football agent looking for way to draft your players into SE. Are you mad? ( in lasisi voice)..y’all should stop criticising our players unnecessary Cos you want the inclusion of your own player. That’s not your job. Your job is to support the team.
Which one be Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa players again? Wtf? WE HAVE ONLY ONE SE. take your tribalistically oriented mind outta here.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2018
kellycute:
Something just happens right now.. honestly I’m very angry. Why is that dude like this? Why are you always trying to segregate the team into ethnic group? I know you are football agent looking for way to draft your players into SE. Are you mad? ( in lasisi voice)..y’all should stop criticising our players unnecessary Cos you want the inclusion of your own player. That’s not your job. Your job is to support the team.
Which one be Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa players again? Wtf? WE HAVE ONLY ONE SE. take your tribalistically oriented mind outta here.
bros, we have finished with this matter, no need to go back to it.

Anybody still lingering on it should continue, but the rest of us need not derail the thread and give unnecessary attention to rabble rousers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:48am On Jan 08, 2018
you can go harder if you want. I've only given you a very good advice.
The day will come when everyone will come hard on you.

Modified
The worse side of me have already been seen on this thread.. As a person, I don't speak like how I speak a year ago. if you were my friend on FB you will see a progressive change in the way I post year after year.. That is growth.

Let me add that what my tribesman does, will never score me any points.
I wonder why people reason like this...

forgiveness:

I hope you are well because if you're, you would not spew this gibberish.

Mr man, if anybody makes derogatory words against a whole tribe and your common sense didn't tell you this same platform was created by the same tribe you and your cohort abhor then you must be a lost soul.

Next time don't come here and start giving useless advice because if next you do, I will go harder on you than this.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:52am On Jan 08, 2018
Thank you my sister..

safarigirl:
okay, this is a lie. Last week, I mentioned here that Iwobi plays woefully for Arsenal, so I don't know how you can claim that only you and Omanbala have called him out when I have done same.

Similarly, when it was claimed on this thread that Iwobi is a new face of SE, overtaking Kelechi, I also said that he had only risen to that level because of his last two games for us, not because of consistency

So, I refuse to be lumped into people who have been blinded to Iwobi's poor performance for Arsenal, however, unlike you, I am not in that group that believes we should be very worried.

Why?

Because if you are worried, who will you replace him with? My problem with you worriers on this thread, is that you have no viable options outside these players, so why should you be worried about something you cannot change?

It is up to Iwobi to determine what kind o performance he puts up in Russia, it is up to him to make a statement in his career....he will be in Russia fo sure, so, why worry about what you cannot change?

If you guys can come up with any alternatives, great! But there are some names on that team that have no alternatives and we should therefore, not unnecessarily stress ourselves with worry, but rather, be positive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2018
kellycute:
My oga when things don settled u wan wake am abi,OK continue d rubble cos i no understand wetin dey vex u now and it seem ya own vex go scatter ground, pls biko let's move on and talk football.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:58am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:

Do not hide behind people and act like a man.

Who are the everyone save a particular set of tribal bigots like you who doesn't see anything wrong in someone making a derogatory words against a tribe?

Maybe gbegiri boys or save the reputation of your people is a normal routine used by you.

Mr man, face front.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:00am On Jan 08, 2018
sir, this your guy dey yan better kpwan..
He keeps exposing himself day after day.. the problem is we have political/tribal hate forums.. why do some people care to waste their talents here?

Kog45:
My oga when things don settled u wan wake am abi,OK continue d rubble cos i no understand wetin dey vex u now and it seem ya own vex go scatter ground, pls biko let's move on and talk football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:01am On Jan 08, 2018
Sir, I won't get dirty I promise you.
I will leave your fellow tribesmen to put u to order. they know you are way out of hand.

forgiveness:

Do not hide behind people and act like a man.

Who are the everyone save a particular set of tribal bigots like you who doesn't see anything wrong in someone making a derogatory words against a tribe?

Maybe gbegiri boys or save the reputation of your people is a normal routine used by you.

Mr man, face front.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:07am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:

Modified
The worse side of me have already been seen on this thread.. As a person, I don't speak like how I speak a year ago. if you were my friend on FB you will see a progressive change in the way I post year after year.. That is growth.

Let me add that what my tribesman does, will never score me any points.
I wonder why people reason like this...

You should have know quietness doen't mean weakness.

Where yours stops is where someone own start.

When I said you are devoid of common sense you think i am joking.

If not, where in my post did you ever see me talk about what my tribesmen does well?

Are you sure you are not in delusion?

Besides, it is good one set a precedings for his children to follow else the bible wouldn't have said so.

Pls, learn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:07am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
He keeps exposing himself day after day.. the problem is we have political/tribal hate forums.. why do some people care to waste their talents here?

Jobie you said something very vital which i appreciate,you said you always have better approach to issues every year which mean you always evaluate yourself every end of the year,so don't slide and move on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2018
it's okay.. i'm done with that matter.. na ignore mode now.

Kog45:
Jobie you said something very vital which i appreciate,you said you always have better approach to issues every year which mean you always evaluate yourself every end of the year,so don't slide and move on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:11am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
Sir, I won't get dirty I promise you.
I will leave your fellow tribesmen to put u to order. they know you are way out of hand.

You had better not remain in your mud as you are know for.

I though you said you are my nightmare because you thought you faced a weakling?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:11am On Jan 08, 2018
okay you can have all the credits for your tribesman building Nairaland okay.
You win, can we move on now?

forgiveness:

You should have quietness don't mean weakness.

Where your stops is someone own start.

When I said you devoid of common sense you think i am joking.

If not, where in my post did you ever see me talk about what my tribesmen does well?

Besides, it is good one set a precedings for his children to follow else the bible wouldn't have said so.

Pls, learn.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:12am On Jan 08, 2018
no, i'm now the weakling.. Happy now?

forgiveness:

You had better not remain in your mud as you are know for.

I though you said you are my nightmare because you thought you faced a weakling?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:13am On Jan 08, 2018
forgiveness:

You should have quietness don't mean weakness.

Where your stops is someone own start.

When I said you devoid of common sense you think i am joking.

Pls, learn.
Oga forgiveness mo be yin nitori Olorun eje ka gbagbe gbogbo ikan to ti sele si eyin,odun tuntun la mu yi,e je ka tesiwaju.Respect.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:19am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:

Is gbegiri boys derogatory or not? Answer.

I know you will not answer because I saw you concurred with one who made a derogatory words here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:19am On Jan 08, 2018
i dont even know what that means
see you now

forgiveness:

Is gbegiri boys derogatory or not? Answer.

I know you will not answer because I saw you concurred with one who made a derogatory words here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:21am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
okay you can have all the credits for your tribesman building Nairaland okay.
You win, can we move on now?

You are still firing a shot but you expect peace. Huh?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:23am On Jan 08, 2018
You said I don't have common sense.. So I had to refer you to what I was making a reference to earlier..That's not a shot.
You have been the one firing all the shots. And you can go on.

forgiveness:

You are still firing a shot but you expect peace. Huh?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:25am On Jan 08, 2018
Joebie:
i dont even know what that means
see you now

Then, you should be wise enough to try understand what could cause harm to your neighbor and respect their views rather than taking sides to further add salt to injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:28am On Jan 08, 2018
Sir, I did not read all your fights with Safari..
But if we are still talking about this Kayode issues and your perception of the NFF and Rohr in this year 2018, then I dont know what to say to you. I was just saying that record have been overplayed..
I no even put mouth for your fight with safari.

Can we just rally around the SE for once? That's what this thread is for. As long as we are winning let's support Rohr.

forgiveness:

Then, you should be wise enough to try understand what could cause harm to your neighbor and respect their views rather than taking sides to further add salt to injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:31am On Jan 08, 2018
Kog45:
Oga forgiveness mo be yin nitori Olorun eje ka gbagbe gbogbo ikan to ti sele si eyin,odun tuntun la mu yi,e je ka tesiwaju.Respect.

If people will leave me in peace to air my opinions without resorting to personal attacks then there will be no retaliation from me else henceforth na back to sender.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:34am On Jan 08, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

It is true and u know it. How many times do arsenal fans complain about their back line or midfield? I mean these defenders have made worse errors than John Stones did last season but the coverage has been shockingly less. Iwobi needs to improve but it is not as do or die as the fans make it. He might not have scored much this season but he has been helping his team.
Arsenal fans MOSTLY complain about their CBs and DM. Infact, Xhaka is criticized 20 times more than Iwobi. There's no agenda against Iwobi, but fact is he isn't anywhere close to his form of early last season. The form that made Wenger not go for Mahrez and Draxler last season. He's off form - there's no denying it. Anyone saying otherwise is clearly undermining his talent or didn't watch him well enough last season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2018
Kog45:
Yes cos you said Ejiogu can only be good for CHAN if we have one then which I quite agreed based on what we have Enyeama,Ejide,Aiyenugba.

Do not forget we still have Greg Etafia,Ambrose Vanzekein,Uche Akubuike and solid Sunday Rotimi,so not even easy for him to make it but despite that Ejiogu of then is better than Ezenwa of today.

Pls check the list
1.Vincent Enyeama
2.Austin Ejide
3.Dele Aiyenugba
4.Sunday Rotimi
5.Greg Etafia
6.Uche Akubuike
7.Yakubu Haruna
8.Ambrose Vanzekein
9.Chiejoke Ejiogu

Pls tell me who Ezenwa or Akpeyi of today better on the list

Save for the first 3 names on that list you don't know how the other keepers would have performed if played in competitive games like the WC qualifiers.

Note that Rotimi Sunday was awful in the last CHAN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GMBOFASIA, elyte89, Napoleon55(m), shawwal1(m), AndSunGorilla, iamdynamite(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.