Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11694221 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2548) (2549) (2550) (2551) (2552) (2553) (2554) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Sorry, I didnt see the Togo match, so I cant rate him. Forget about that Uyo encounter because the only thing I remember of him was a few good touches and he was quickly hauled off in the second half. He has a decent game against Egypt but from there on its been downhill for Iwobi,except that Zambia rescue.

As for Nacho, like Pep said he is a natural scorer but thats just one aspect of a striker. Nacho is not growing,matter of fact it looks like he is out of ideas. I wish him the best.

Please apart from Iwobi and Iheanacho, can't we discuss anyone else? I am tired of going in circles. Na new year oooo....

Even the notorious silent crew and ghost readers dey look you like this.....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2018
Maduka Okafor training with the first team of Fortuna Dusseldorf..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
[/b]
TheSuperNerd:

Omanbala is just angry shaa. grin He doesn't feel happy seeing the likes of Coutinho, Neymar, Sane, Sterling dominate the headlines every other week... He wants to see two of our proclaimed golden boys Nacho and Alex up there too. He is just being generally vexed. sad

Goldfish said it,out of over 170 million Nigerians we [couldnt]
produce a single world class player ? We rather take bunch of some average players and create new standard for world class,place them there just so we can open our mouth and say we have top players. And when other people disagree with us we call them angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
I think you misunderstand me. Is it now a bad thing to be angry again? Smh... Na wa ooo lol

I said it to mean that I understand that you expect more from Iwobi and Iheanacho. Hence your anger is because you want them to be just so awesome that they have no obvious weaknesses. I share that same sentiment but I will not put down our players. Never. I share the call for them to improve and recognise their inner beasts and try unleash it on the world.

Iwobi and Iheanacho both need to step up and be counted as both are hugely talented and can go on to be really world class performers but until then, I won't put them down harshly.

And out of close to 200 million Nigerians, I think I can say we have two world class players in the team.

Mikel Obi and Victor Moses.

You are free to disagree. wink

OMANBALA1:

Goldfish said it,out of over 170 million Nigerians we couldnt produce a single world class player ? We rather take bunch of some average players and create new standard for world class,place them there just so we can open our mouth and say we have top players. And when other people disagree with us we call them angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2018
tbaba1234:
This one is a bonafide kid (not the Akwa United Kids).

Ahmed Gero signed by Jonkopkin sondra IF in Sweden.

Just found out that he is the younger bro of Alhaji Gero
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2018
Great news!

O pari

tbaba1234:
Maduka Okafor training with the first team of Fortuna Dusseldorf..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2018
DrLikita12:

I don't think a move to the EPL is necessarily right for everyone. It's an excellent league, it has the most diversity and much better quality than many other leagues but I don't think it's the best league for everyone. Imo, its easy to get 'lost' there.
I don't have anything against the championship either but I feel he will get more exposure in Benfica. They are a top table side in the Portuguese league and he will get the opportunity to play in UCL which (imo) will give him the opportunity to face different teams, learn new things and ultimately improve. If he does well enough, he may get the opportunity to move to a better league.
Of course I believe that the most important thing is playing time so as long as he is not warming bench I would prefer a move to Benfica.

There are four clubs in the Portuguese top level
league that have a very clear cut business model. Which is to buy and sell and at the same time maintain some degree of league dominance. This means that trying to create longevity in the club is very difficult.

Those clubs are.

Porto
Benfica
Sporting Lisbon
Sporting Braga

These clubs bring young players in give them a season of a few games create market value with the club branding sell young prospects. Then you laugh all the the way to the bank.

Consider, how many youngsters with supposed potential these clubs sell each year and you can see the business model they have instituted. Admittedly Braga is probably not as bad as the other three.

Consider Awaziem how many games before being shipped out on loan to create value. This is what I fear may happen to Ebuehi as well. Thank the heavens that TPI has been outlawed otherwise it would be much worse.

I was at Braga a few years ago in 2015 and there was a Nigerian forward ▶ who was there. He was not getting any playing time just used as potential to bring in more transfer £££.

In this regard I feel that Norwich expressed interest is more about football than a quick deal and consider it a better option. Just my view.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
komekn:

league that have a very clear cut business model. Which is to buy and sell and at the same time maintain some degree of league dominance. This means that trying to create longevity in the club is very difficult.

Those clubs are.

Porto
Benfica
Sporting Lisbon
Sporting Braga

These clubs bring young players in give them a season of a few games create market value with the club branding sell young prospects. Then you laugh all the the way to the bank.

Consider, how many youngsters with supposed potential these clubs sell each year and you can see the business model they have instituted. Admittedly Braga is probably not as bad as the other three.

Consider Awaziem how many games before being shipped out on loan to create value. This is what I fear may happen to Ebuehi as well. Thank the heavens that TPI has been outlawed otherwise it would be much worse.

I was at Braga a few years ago in 2015 and there was a Nigerian forward ▶ who was there. He was not getting any playing time just used as potential to bring in more transfer £££.

In this regard I feel that Norwich expressed interest is more about football than a quick deal and consider it a better option. Just my view.

I marvel at your business knowledge on football...so on point..
never mind your sentiments towards Norwich being that it is an English club...

don't you think...benfica will be a great stepping stone for him as it may help him get a much better EPL team or even la liga team like Barcelona......
I will want him sign for this team and possibly remain on loan in netherland till after the world cup....

having a player in benfica gonna speak well for the super eagles a whole lot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2018
read somewhere...Southampton are nursing a move for nancho...the fans are already longing for him rather than go for Walcott....

to be honest I was amazed to read the way some of these English guys create excuses for nancho...they still believe in his abilities..and potentials...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2018
Likita sounds female. That’s actually the point I’m trying to make.

TheSuperNerd:
Because she must have revealed to you guys later on while I was away. Easy guess. wink But read the rest of the convo between us...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
komekn:

Those clubs are.

Porto
Benfica
Sporting Lisbon
Sporting Braga

If they create value by improving the player's performance I would still encourage him to go to Benfica. I feel like the championship will not offer him the same level of exposure (should he actually get playing time) and he does not need to be in Portugal forever.
If, for example, there are already 2 RB/RWB at Benfica then obviously he should move to Norwich because they clearly don't need him. There are other things he will need to consider but like I said yesterday, what is important is playing time.
I would actually prefer if all the Russia-bound players stay put until after the world cup - unless they are not getting enough playing time e.g. Musa and Iheanacho, these ones need to move.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
Icon4s:

You are right. At a point I forgot he was even on the pitch.

That is part of what affected him at City. His involvement in overall play. Meanwhile in the Super Eagles u see him working like he has been mandated to play like 3 positions.

See, I am not happy with Iheanacho and Iwobi's game levels at their respective clubs but when it comes to the Super Eagles they deliver and that is what matters to me as a Super Eagles fan.

All those calling for the dropping of Iheanacho and Iwobi will definitely be disappointed again. Rohr will still chose them again over the likes of Raheem Lawal, Josh Onomah and who again? Ajagun etc.

Rohr knows his players and what they can bring to the table. Iheanacho and Iwobi contributed to the 4goals we scored against Argentina. Iheanacho: 1 goal, two assists and Iwobi 2 goals. Iwobi scored the goal that took us to Russia.

The Iwobi-Iheanacho false 9 partnership worked like magic against Argentina and I would like to see it again in our next friendly.

Form is temporary but Class is permanent. Go ask Mikel.

Guy this ya post sweet me for Belle o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2018
At least some of them still got good memory and also saw that Argentina game. But some of us here.... we wan sacrifice Nacho to Amadioha sad

Humility017:
read somewhere...Southampton are nursing a move for nancho...the fans are already longing for him rather than go for Walcott....

to be honest I was amazed to read the way some of these English guys create excuses for nancho...they still believe in his abilities..and potentials...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2018
safarigirl:
two assists oga.

1 for Iwobi
1 for Idowu
please I would like you to put me through how you Bolden qouted posts as you just did. I really don't have the idea bro. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
At least some of them still got good memory and also saw that Argentina game. But some of us here.... we wan sacrifice Nacho to Amadioha sad

we Nigerians are guilty of that.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
AIG07:
Ebuehi is presently in a dicey situation.
Move or No Move, he needs to make a choice. My own be say make he weigh im choice wella if possible make e use sensitive scale wey go give am correct answer.

His world cup slot is not yet Sealed.
This Move will be a changing point in his entire career and finally he should not forget that he is now a NIGERIAN. Wishing him the best in whatever choice he chooses to make.
such a technical young player with potentials.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
please I would like you to put me through how you Bolden qouted posts as you just did. I really don't have the idea bro. Thanks

You write the words between those symbols to get a Bold word

No space in-between the word and those symbols. It's similar to how a comment is quoted

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
safarigirl:

those symbols

No space in-between the word and those symbols. It's similar to how a comment is quoted

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
safarigirl:

those symbols

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
komekn:

Those clubs are.

Porto
Benfica
Sporting Lisbon
Sporting Braga

[/b]In this regard I feel that Norwich expressed interest is more about football than a quick deal and consider it a better option. Just my view.[b]

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I get your point Sir Basco. At 50 ng/ml, most instant positive tests for marijuana or cannabis is established. Iwobi may likely not have up to half of that in his system eventually so it won't register as a positive.

Sorry but this was not my point. My point was he should not say Iwobi had weed in his system without concrete evidence. Telling us about "catching contact" means nothing when u can't prove to us that weed was even smoked in the same room he was in. We can talk about him being out late but let us not make it worse with made up facts. Then people forget all of a sudden that this thing was reported by the Sun who are basically a gossip.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2018
Okay Marvellous Basco... It is noted. wink

BascoVanVeli:

Sorry but this was not my point. My point was he should not say Iwobi had weed in his system without concrete evidence. Telling us about "catching contact" means nothing when u can't prove to us that weed was even smoked in the same room he was in. We can talk about him being out late but let us not make it worse with made up facts. Then people forget all of a sudden that this thing was reported by the Sun who are basically a gossip.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2018
Humility017:

Nacho is a talented guy with potentials that need to be developed, all he needs is to meet the right coach who will see his potentials and help him develop them.
That's why I canvass he should not keep warming bench in Leicester, he needs to seek regular play time

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2018
oloriooko:

Nacho is a talented guy with potentials that need to be developed, all he needs is to meet the right coach who will see his potentials and help him develop them.
That's why I canvass he should not keep warming bench in Leicester, he needs to seek regular play time

you're very right. I have never doubted his abilities....dude just need play time to prove to the world how good he is....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
At least some of them still got good memory and also saw that Argentina game. [/b]But some of us here.... we wan sacrifice Nacho to Amadioha[/b]

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

If that pass by Iwobi to Welbeck is not supernatural, what is?

Are you saying you don't know where he is going with those comments?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2018
Baba, any info on Kelechi?

Sources are telling me that at least 2 Premier League and 1 oversea teams have expressed interest on him. Newcastle wants him for 15 million pounds, but Leicester declined. Problem is, Leicester wants to recoup most of the 25 million quid they splashed on him in August shocked

O pari

tbaba1234:

Just found out that he is the younger bro of Alhaji Gero
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2018
Bia, are you on druggz? Why did you quote me and then talking boshit about naijabet

O pari

[quote author=chrisa post=64043892][/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2018
Sir Metallic man... it is like this....

. ......... .

okay? those dots are where whatever you want to embolden will be alright. wink
Note: Make sure the . and . are close to both ends of the sentence you want to embolden.

Quote this comment of mine to see the example..... and check on the format of emboldening in this next line...

I think we will conquer Africa in 2019

wink

[quote author=MetalJigsaw post=64043708][/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
Icon4s:

Dropping them to the national team bench is not an issue because Iheanacho was on the bench for the later part of our qualifiers. Against Zambia Iwobi also started on the bench.

Ahmed Musa has been on the national team bench ever since Rohr took over, has that changed anything about him? Ahmed Musa's performances against Algeria in Uyo and Argentina shows he still has it in him.

These guys are professional footballers and the coaches are professional certified coaches, they know what they are doing when they keep faith with players even despite their club performance.

At this point in our preparations, we need to be focused more on consolidating on our tactics.Like I was proposing we repeat the Iwobi-Iheanacho false 9 combo in our next game. If you drop one or both of them to the bench that will distort that arrangement. Rohr could have other setup options though. What do I know?

Modified: I just re-checked the words you used: "standby list". You will put Iwobi and Iheanacho on standby list and put who on the list in their place?

well, I agree with you on the time factor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2548) (2549) (2550) (2551) (2552) (2553) (2554) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Marjoribanks, Oasis007(m), opes and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.