Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11695245 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (16158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
tbaba1234:
In camp at 8.30pm Monday.
Muhammed, Onazi, Akpeyi, Ighalo, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Ezenwa, Balogun, Omeruo, Ndidi

Only 10 players in Camp..
Only 10?
Well, wishing others safe arrival.
Thanks 4 d update Sir. tbaba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
tbaba1234:

I don't agree that our failures to qualify was just because of Mikel-Onazi combo.. I believe that it is a combo that can work well. Onazi is not that terrible a passer. He has better passing stats than Ndidi.

I can not tell other games but in the game against South Africa at Uyo, when we added Aluko to the midfield, we controlled the game better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2016
Official: Former Barcelona Teen Prospect
Godswill Elohor Joins English Side

English League One side Fleetwood Town FC have confirmed the signing of former Barcelona youth team captain Godswill Elohor Ekpolor.

The club announced his capture and subsequently unveiled him on their official
website, with the 21 year old Nigerian given the
jersey number 29 shirt.

Fleetwood Town also confirmed that the Nigerian could feature in tonight’s Emirates FA Cup First Round tie against Southport.

He spent 11 years at Barcelona before he was
released by the club this summer without a single first team appearance to his name.

Comfortable as a full back, centre back or right
winger, he missed out on a chance of representing Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympics,
where Nigeria won bronze.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/07/official-former-barcelona-teen-prospect-godswill-elohor-joins-english-side/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
Mickael2:

point of correction. Khedira is not a limited passer at all, he had an average passing percentage of 87.2% in the Euros. I agree with what you said about the tactical part but even in such a system the runner is never a limited passer. In the semifinal, Can who played that role had a passing percentage of more than 80 as well, Onazi is getting closer to 70 not 80 and that is a major problem. You are making it sound as if Ndidi cannot pressure high up the field? If we really want somebody who can do what Khedira does then it has to be Ogu, if we want someone who can do what Kroos does then we have to play Ndidi. Mikel should be playing the Ozil role with little defensive responsibilities, even if Mikel has to start as the deep lying playmaker, Onazi still isn't the best runner we have, his passing stats are just too poor

I just tire. Khedira and Onazi. Khedira is a genius with the ball. It seems he has eyes in the back of his head. They are of totally different styles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Sir Goldfish, Don't mind these people. If u continue to speak the gospel truth from today till eternity, they won't hear. Abeg save ur energy for something else.
Onazi gets alot of unfair criticism by alot of people here, I feel he is an easy target because he is not a flashy player.
Most people don't know it was a choice between him and Emre Can when Liverpool wanted to beef up their midfield.
Liverpool offered Lazio Fabio Borini in exchange for Onazi, the deal didn't work out in the end.
If he was as bad as people believe he won't be highly thought of by such a big club.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
goldfish80:

LOL.. Passing is not one of Sammi's greatest assets. His stats could be up to such percentages because of the team he plays for.
Real Madrid got rid of him because of this limitation which was exposed in the el classico and got Toni Kroos after that dreadful game Barca beat them 5=0...

Ndidi can press but not as good as Onazi. Remember Ndidi is a CB by trade who was converted by Genk to a DM.
His energy levels can't be compared with Onazi who was trained as a CM...
Am sure you will understand my point.

Did you watch Khedira at the World Cup? Most especially, that Brazilian game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Did you watch Khedira at the World Cup? Most especially, that Brazilian game.
I watched the game. He had a stunning game. However, He didn't control game with his passing... TONI KROSS and Shweinstiger controlled the game in midfield while Khedira terrorised the Brazilians with his energy and pressing.
The Brazilians couldn't cope with his running all game long.
I repeat, khedira is not a passer rather he's a runner.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
Victor Moses Keen To Replicate Form For
Chelsea With Nigeria Despite Change In Position

Chelsea wing back Victor Moses is eager to play a vital role for Nigeria when they take on Algeria in the World Cup 2018 qualifiers next weekend in Uyo.

The 25 year old Nigerian has been one of the
consistent performers for Chelsea this season
after new manager Antonio Conte switched to a
3-4-3 formation.

As a wing back, the Nigerian has reinvented
himself at Stamford Bridge but he could be lined
up as a winger for Nigeria when they take on
Algeria.

Moses back in the team after missing the last
game which the Super Eagles won 2-1 away to
Zambia in Ndola, wrote about his excitement
ahead of the game on his official twitter handle
despite a possible change of role.

”After a great result on Saturday for Chelsea now it’s time to focus on #Nigeria. Can’t wait for the game against Algeria this Saturday”. He posted.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/07/victor-moses-keen-to-replicate-form-for-chelsea-with-nigeria-despite-change-in-position/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:13pm On Nov 07, 2016
goldfish80:

Onazi gets alot of unfair criticism by alot of people here, I feel he is an easy target because he is not a flashy player.
Most people don't know it was a choice between him and Emre Can when Liverpool wanted to beef up their midfield.
Liverpool offered Lazio Fabio Borini in exchange for Onazi, the deal didn't work out in the end.
If he was as bad as people believe he won't be highly thought of by such a big club.

I have not seen anyone criticising Onazi negatively. It is a case of set up. If we want someone who will sit in front of the defence and break down plays of the opposition, Onazi is a good choice. His tenacity, intensity and work rate is mind blowing. We saw it in his last game for the Super Eagles against Zambia.

However, if we want to play in a holistic passing way, we need players who rely on their distribution to make the team strong. I do not see that as a strong point of Onazi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2016
goldfish80:

I watched the game. He had a stunning game. However, He didn't control game with his passing... TONI KROSS and Shweinstiger controlled the game in midfield while Khedira terrorised the Brazilians with his energy and pressing.

In that game, Khedira's passing was amazing. His intelligence was off the chain. There is no way, Onazi can deliver such passing performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
goldfish80:

Abi. The same Onazi that got the knock of his life from Mutuidi as he was schooling the french team in the mid field. As far as complete baller and DM is concern, Onazi is better than Ndidi. That's my Own.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:20pm On Nov 07, 2016
goldfish80:

STATISTICS
Khedira managed to grab himself a goal and an assist while dismantling the Brazilians, but the Real Madrid man did so much more than just that.

The German completed 87% of his passes, took 55 touches, and made two key passes. Khedira's powerful running in the midfield was vital to Germany's success and he had two successful dribbles in the match.

http://eplindex.com/56044/sami-khedira-vs-brazil-player-performance-analysis.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Abi. The same Onazi that got the knock of his life from Mutuidi as he was schooling the french in the mid field. As far as complete baller and DM is concern, Onazi is better than Ndidi. That's my Own.

In what aspect? That is what we are discussing. A holistic passing approach. A player who will complement the passing abilities of Mikel, Iwobi and Iheanacho.

Do you see Onazi as that type of player?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2016
TheSuperNerd, how are you and Yara Yara reacting to Moses' tweet?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2016
Against France, immediately Onazi went off, the midfield collapsed... He is important to our set-up and does a lot of harassing of opponents. Reuben Gabriel was a disaster.

I believe Ndidi and Onazi together will solidify the midfield and give mikel more room.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 10:29pm On Nov 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

In what aspect? That is what we are discussing. A holistic passing approach. A player who will complement the passing abilities of Mikel, Iwobi and Iheanacho.

Do you see Onazi as that type of player?

I thought someone showed the stats on how Onazi passing completion per % outclassed that of Ndidi, what are we arguing on here sir?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2016
tbaba1234:
Against France, immediately Onazi went off, the midfield collapsed... He is important to our set-up and does a lot of harassing of opponents. Reuben Gabriel was a disaster.

I believe Ndidi and Onazi together will solidify the midfield and give mikel more room.

For this comment, TIRI Gbosa for U. Gbosa.! Gbosa!! Gbosa.!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hmmm...... Hmmmm.....

Oga Experience himself!!!

Indeed I greet you again...
[img]http://media4./media/Hm3ZMI68o17os/200_s.gif[/img]

Spoken like a true Arch-guardian indeed... smiley

Anyway shaa, I too expect Isaac Success to step up and make that no.9 his before super hot competition in Osimhen shows up in the later parts of 2017.

But for now, especially with the Algeria game in view, It just gotta be Ighalo or maybe Ideye.

Icon4s:

I dnt judge players based on club performance alone.

What u guys are doing is comparing d two players based on their league performances.
The Greek league is no where near the EPL.

When Ideye moved to WBA u all saw how he flopped big time.

I had also mentioned here that Ighalo is a flash in the pan kind of player. But Ideye had never flashed any pan. The likelihood of Ighalo showing flashes again is higher that of Ideye that has never shown any flashes.

Ideye usually lacks confidence each time he wears the green and white jersey and Ighalo is usually under pressure to prove to Nigerians that his exploits at Watford are no flukes.

However, based on what each player can bring to the table, I will recommend Ighalo.

Ighalo has not been impressive in our colours but Ideye is no any better.

Ideye never took a single shot even off target against Zambia something Ighalo is nt known for. Ighalo is more aggressive and takes on defenders. The talk of Ideye being involved in build up play to Iheanacho's goal, Who says Ighalo cannot be involved in build up plays too?

Ighalo's capabilities IMO puts him ahead of Ideye.
However, Rohr has the final say.

Isaac Success should rise to the occassion. His time has come. He is better than Ighalo presently IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2016
lakesidepapa:

I thought someone showed the stats on how Onazi passing completion per % outclassed that of Ndidi, what are we arguing on here sir?

I am talking of someone putting Onazi as a Khedira kind of player. By the way, this is the pass completion of Onazi. I do not think that is the passing rate of the midfielder we need.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:00pm On Nov 07, 2016
Even Maradona was angry. He termed it a conspiracy.

The french knew Onazi was their problem in midfield and they did what all desperate war generals trying to win a war will do.... "TAKE OUT THE THREAT ANYHOW!"

Matuidi was given the task and viola!!! Onazi was out... Matuidi went for him the first time but Onazi escaped.

At the second time of asking, Matuidi nailed it!!!!

Chaiiiii... Onazi's absence made our midfield an expressway that day and Mikel wasn't on form himself... Thus giving the French victory.

Each time I remember that game, I remember the "importance" of Onazi.

Reuben Gabriel was an catastrophe.....

Meanwhile, if we play both Onazi and Ndidi in midfield, what formation are we looking at?

Coz in a 4-2-3-1, that means Mikel roams as the no.10 and also does some CMF duty while being flanked by the mercurial Iwobi (who can also play 10) and Victor Moses..... Leaving someone like Nacho to lead the attack.

Hmmm......

tbaba1234:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:02pm On Nov 07, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Official: Former Barcelona Teen Prospect
Godswill Elohor Joins English Side

English League One side Fleetwood Town FC have confirmed the signing of former Barcelona youth team captain Godswill Elohor Ekpolor.

The club announced his capture and subsequently unveiled him on their official
website, with the 21 year old Nigerian given the
jersey number 29 shirt.

Fleetwood Town also confirmed that the Nigerian could feature in tonight’s Emirates FA Cup First Round tie against Southport.

He spent 11 years at Barcelona before he was
released by the club this summer without a single first team appearance to his name.

Comfortable as a full back, centre back or right
winger, he missed out on a chance of representing Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympics,
where Nigeria won bronze.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/07/official-former-barcelona-teen-prospect-godswill-elohor-joins-english-side/

Chai! This is somebody that needed the olympics, i don see, from barca to league one. First class to second class lower lalala lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Even Maradona was angry. He termed it a conspiracy.

The french knew Onazi was their problem in midfield and they did what all desperate war generals trying to win a war will do.... "TAKE OUT THE THREAT ANYHOW!"

Matuidi was given the task and viola!!! Onazi was out... Matuidi went for him the first time but Onazi escaped.

At the second time of asking, Matuidi nailed it!!!!

Chaiiiii... Onazi's absence made our midfield an expressway that day and Mikel wasn't on form himself... Thus giving the French victory.

Each time I remember that game, I remember the "importance" of Onazi.

Reuben Gabriel was an catastrophe.....

Meanwhile, if we play both Onazi and Ndidi in midfield, what formation are we looking at?

Coz in a 4-2-3-1, that means Mikel roams as the no.10 and also does some CMF duty while being flanked by the mercurial Iwobi (who can also play 10) and Victor Moses..... Leaving someone like Nacho to lead the attack.

Hmmm......

No one argues Onazi's defensive ability. In the game against France, he broke down their attacks. I think the Zambian game is a good representation because it is recent. Onazi was also exceptional. However, just like the Schweinsteiger/Khedira analogy. A holistic passing team needs a passing defensive midfielder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
Unfortunately, no stats to show the rate of Wilfred Ndidi. It is just the Europa League stats. That means I will stick with Onazi in midfield because I can not justify Ndidi's inclusion statistically.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

In that game, Khedira's passing was amazing. His intelligence was off the chain. There is no way, Onazi can deliver such passing performance.
Onazi posted 86% pass completion percentage against France. He broke up play, recycled that ball, was fearless in possession.
He basically dominated Pogba and Matuidi in that midfield master class.
Yes Onazi was that good.
You can post Khedira's stats in that game but he was not the controller in midfield for Germany.
Germany played a formation of 4-3-3 on the day with Kross and Shweinstiger at the Base while khedira pushed up with his energy to stop the Brazilians from playing in their own half.
Kross and Mostly Sebastian were tasked to launch quick passes to set up fast attacks. It was a master class of Joachim loew's sophisticated 8 seconds counter attack football.
Ozil and Muller started from the flanks.
Khedira has never been a midfield controller. Maybe you haven't watched him enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
goldfish80:

Onazi posted 86% pass completion percentage against France. He broke up play, recycled that ball, was fearless in possession.
He basically dominated Pogba and Matuidi in that midfield master class.
Yes Onazi was that good.
You can post Khedira's stats in that game but he was not the controller in midfield for Germany.
Germany played a formation of 4-3-3 on the day with Kross and Shweinstiger at the Base while khedira pushed up with to stop the Brazilians from playing in their own half.
Ozil and Muller started from the flanks.
Khedira has never been a midfield controller. Maybe you haven't watched him enough.

Come on, Onazi played behind Mikel against France. Khedira was not the shield of the defence. Stop making it look like they played the same role. You tried to make it look as if Khedira was not a passing genius in that match. He was.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Come on, Onazi played behind Mikel against France. Khedira was not the shield of the defence. Stop making it look like they played the same role. You tried to make it look as if Khedira was not a passing genius in that match. He was.
If you call him a passing genius, I wonder what you will call Shweinstiger and Toni.
Toni Kross and Sebastian were taxed to launch quick counters with their passing range to set up attacks from deep. It was a master class of Jochim Loew's 8 seconds counter attacking football.
Infact Khedira's whoscored stats show he has limited passing range. I can't stress this enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:20pm On Nov 07, 2016
My brother, no mind that tweet jare..... grin

We no dey take chances.... Right now, I have Yara Yara stationed at the Abuja airport watchtower. He has made contacts with other aviation authorities monitoring Moses' route...

We wanna make sure he lands for good and not pick up an injury while in the air...

Yara Yara right now be like.......

[img]http://media4./media/yoJC2qucp69lGypIuQ/200_s.gif[/img]

Other watchtower officials be like....

[img]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/017/373/kimjongz.PNG[/img]

This is to tell you that Moses' matter is serious...

While I am monitoring events from my labs..... We have a special radar room.... It's not eureka yet until Victor Moses lands for good in camp... *checks time*

[img]http://media0./media/hl0Kk1UNmRfQk/200_s.gif[/img]

Certitude:
TheSuperNerd, how are you and Yara Yara reacting to Moses' tweet?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am talking of someone putting Onazi as a Khedira kind of player. By the way, this is the pass completion of Onazi. I do not think that is the passing rate of the midfielder we need.
If you don't know Khedira and Onazi play the same kind of football then there is mo point discussing this further.
They both have the same engine, they love the midfield battle, they both are highly mobile and they both have the same pass limitations over a distance.
Khedira and Onazi needs are midfield controller beside them.
Khedira had Alonso and Modric at Madrid and now Miralem Pjanic at Juve.
On his own, he cannot be tasked to give defense splitting passes. That's not what he's good at. Michael2 even confirmed this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2016
goldfish80:

If you don't know Khedira and Onazi play the same kind of football then there is mo point discussing this further.
They both have the same engine, they love the midfield battle, they both are highly mobile and they both have the same pass limitations over a distance.
Khedira and Onazi needs are midfield controller beside them.
Khedira had Alonso and Modric at Madrid and now Miralem Pjanic at Juve.
On his own, he cannot be tasked to give defense splitting passes. That's not what he's good at. Michael2 even confirmed this.

How can anyone say Onazi and Khedira play the same kind of football? They are totally different players. Onazi defends with more intensity than Khedira. Khedira is sleeker on the ball than Onazi.

Khedira is a better dribbler than Onazi and Khedira does key passes in front of the opponents 18 yard box than Onazi. They are not the same kind of players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
Well, it's not like I don't get you Sir GoodJoe... I actually do.

Sir Mickael2 have always favored Ndidi over Onazi too anyway.... For the same reason you give here, "Holistic passing pattern/set-up" smiley

But for the game against Algeria, Onazi will start.

We'll be up against a Mahrez-Feghouli-Brahimi-Slimani attack... Onazi is needed to "break up their attacking threats" and leave the pieces for Mikel for pick up and feed to the attacking quartet of Nacho, Iwobi, Moses and Ighalo/Ideye.

Ndidi is my preferred DMF for the long run in the Super Eagles (although Chidi Nwakali, an improved Anderson Esiti and even Azubuike Okechukwu will give him a good battle).... As he will grow even better in Onazi's DMF main strength, "breaking up plays".

But for the Algeria game, It has to be Onazi.... Ndidi can do a good job if given the nod but It will be Onazi starting not Ndidi.

No one (or rather a negligible few) is even considering John Ogu sef... Na wa for una oooo... Looollll

TheGoodJoe:

No one argues Onazi's defensive ability. In the game against France, he broke down their attacks. I think the Zambian game is a good representation because it is recent. Onazi was also exceptional. However, just like the Schweinsteiger/Khedira analogy. A holistic passing team needs a passing defensive midfielder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Chai! This is somebody that needed the olympics, i don see, from barca to league one. First class to second class lower lalala lol.

Siasia should have taken this guy to the Olympics instead of Ndifreke that was a disaster. It would have made it easier for him to find a better club. He is better than league 1 though and he is young. He will rise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
goldfish80:

If you call him a passing genius, I wonder what you will call Shweinstiger and Toni.
Toni Kross and Sebastian were taxed to launch quick counters with their passing range to set up attacks from deep. It was a master class of Jochim Loew's 8 seconds counter attacking football.
Infact Khedira's whoscored stats show he has limited passing range. I can't stress this enough.

Khedira is a passing genius.

Sami Khedira passing was on point against Spain, recording a 91 per cent pass completion rate and creating one goalscoring opportunity.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2014/11/19/5-tackles-91-per-cent-pass-accuracy-arsenal-linked-star-khedira/page/1/

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (16158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, elyte89, 12large1, enlady(f), lordofstrings, do4luv14(m), jieta, CornOak(m), Kog45(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.