Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11660732 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2016
confun:
he he he......may God forgive me, why am I happy to hear ds news sef... Algeria must fall anyhow anyhow.....
I would have loved them to receive the beating of their lives with their best starting eleven on parade.

So as to send a strong warning signal to the rest of the teams in the group that there is new Sheriff in town.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
fwesh3:
ALGERIA’S RAOURAOUA: WE MUST WIN IN NIGERIA

Algeria's Sofiane Feghouli
by Graeme Jackson
Tuesday Nov 08, 2016. 10:56
Mohamed Raouraoua, the president of Algeria’s Football Federation, has urged the national team to claim a win away to Nigeria in their 2018 World Cup qualifier.

The Super Eagles will host the Fennec Foxes in Uyo on Saturday evening for their second group stage clash.

Following a draw at home to Cameroon in their opener, Algeria need a good result in West Africa to keep in touch with leaders Nigeria.

“You have a duty to come back with a positive result from the match against Nigeria. It is mandatory. We must win there,” Raouraoua told the players on Monday, as quoted by Le Buteur.

"All the Algerian people are behind you. They support you and hope for a good result in Nigeria. We must not disappoint, it's all I can say,” added the Algerian FF president.

“The World Cup is an important event that should not be missed. You should know that everyone is behind you.”

They already qualified for AFCON, they need not be greedy. You must not go for everything, Nigeria is going to Russia, so this nigga better start riling his boys for AFCON grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
terzurum5:

I would have loved them to receive the beating of their lives with their best starting eleven on parade.

So as to send a strong warning signal to the rest of the teams in the group that there is new Sheriff in town.
we won't even have our best XI

Na so we go dey go these qualifiers? Last game was Leon, this one is Carl, which vital player will miss our next game in 2017?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
i want to err on the side of caution. the algerians have good players that can hurt us. i trust mikel to play an advanced role to join the attack. don't forget the algerians will be coming desperate for a win so we shouldn't expect a laid back approach. i believe once we have neutralized their attacking forays and hopefully scored a goal or two we can then bring in the subs to finish them off.

TheGoodJoe:

Solid set up but it it looks too defensive. I think we need a more attacking set up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
chrisooblog:
i want to err on the side of caution. the algerians have good players that can hurt us. i trust mikel to play an advanced role to join the attack. don't forget the algerians will be coming desperate for a win so we shouldn't expect a laid bare approach. i believe once we have neutralized their attacking forays and hopefully scored a goal or two we can then bring in the subs to finish them off.

Not doubting your approach but I am now in a Brave school of thought as regards the game. In our two games under Rohr, we played with a brave attacking style and I think that is the way to go.

Personal opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
yes ideally that's the way to go but i'm not yet hundred percent convinced that we have reached the stage where we can impose our game on strong opponents like algeria and absolutely blitz them. anyway whichever approach rohr decides to deploy against the algerians i'm fully in support. i trust his tactical acumen

TheGoodJoe:

Not doubting your approach but I am now in a Brave school of thought as regards the game. In our two games under Rohr, we played with a brave attacking style and I think that is the way to go.

Personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
The future of Nigeria's goalkeeping might be David Nwokolor. He is currently the only young Nigerian that is number one in the top flight. He is on loan in Bosnia from Croatian club Rijeka.

Alampasu was his reserve keeper at their academy in Abuja. They both went to Manu Garba screening but Nwokolor was not screened by Manu because Manu thought he was too big for the age. Alampasu was screened and got in.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2016
Please, you guys should vote for me in the etisalat prize for literature- flash fiction

Here's the link:
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=1470

Please just click the 'thumbs up' icon on the page.

Cc thegoodjoe, thesupernerd, terzurum5, icon4s, confun, tbaba1234, lakesidepapa, odenigboaroli, Joseph1013 and every well meaning member of this thread.

Voting closes Nov 30 and you can only vote via your native browser.

Thanks guys

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I do not disagree with your point. I just wanted you to understand my stance. I agree with you with Iwobi, Mikel and Iheanacho, we have enough fluidity to unlock tight defences. Having Onazi in the side gives Mikel the liberty to help support the build-up plays of the team.

However, I see the team moving towards a more possessive style as the players gel with the coach's philosophy.

simple. you see no matter how good your forward players are, if you defensive midfielder isn't pass-oriented you won't be able to keep possession for long. Madrid have Casemiro who isn't really a bad passer of the ball but he is limited nonetheless and it is quite evident that whenever Madrid play any top team, they give up the possession game for a more counter attacking approach. German teams do not play like that, if we want to keep possession, having just three people who can pass the ball well isn't enough and if we want to truly dominate, then a fourth passer is entirely necessary, don't know why this is so hard to push across

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
safarigirl:
Please, you guys should vote for me in the etisalat prize for literature- flash fiction

Here's the link:

Cc thegoodjoe, thesupernerd, terzurum5, icon4s, confun, tbaba1234, lakesidepapa, odenigboaroli, Joseph1013 and every well meaning member of this thread.

Thanks guys

Wow, Etisalat price for literature. U have my Vote Sweetie smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MDDam: 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
Guys forget all this Khedira nd Club football issues. U pple can resume after the break. And if I may ask, na who intelligent football analysis don help?. You can ask Sunday Oliseh.
A PRAY FOR THE EAGLES.
Oh God, I pray that the super eagles will be victorious over the foxes of the Desert. Amen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
safarigirl:

Here's the link:

Thanks guys

I will do just that

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:36pm On Nov 08, 2016
Thanks guys @ lakesidepapa and terzurum5, please mention me if you encounter any difficulties

Meanwhile, news going round says Nike has a new kit ready for us, but NFF can't pay clearance fee

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by confun: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
safarigirl:

Here's the link:

Thanks guys

X
ok, I'll definitely vote

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
safarigirl:
Thanks guys @ lakesidepapa and terzurum5, please mention me if you encounter any difficulties

Meanwhile, news going round says Nike has a new kit ready for us, but NFF can't pay clearance fee
I just clicked on the link provided.

Went to Flash fiction and clicked on approved stories...
So what next?

I mean how do I locate your story?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
safarigirl:

When will it commence, Ur name and how to navigate the site?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
Behold,the new super eagles jersey by Nike. Wha do u think guys?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2016
terzurum5:

I just clicked on the link provided.

Went to Flash fiction and clicked on approved stories...
So what next?

I mean how do I locate your story?
the title of my story is 'bliss'

I think the stories are in alphabetical order. You'll see the story when you get to b....click 'read more' and then you can vote on the page

The link I posted ought to take you directly to the page though.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
Reports from camp say Alampasu is outshining other keepers in the evening training:

Training report from @kayodesuberu:

Kelechi and Iwobi touches this evening training oozes confidence and hope for Nigeria football future. Pure class

Beautiful Lob goal from Kelechi now. When u talk Abt Mahrez & Slimane, you talk Abt Kelechi & Iwobi. Algeria ll surely fall.

Alampasu looks so sharp and fit. No stage fright for this young lady.

Alampasu has clearly drowned akpeyi at this evening training. Fit, agile, aware and very talented.

Mikel look fit and sharp. You can never buy his years of experience. Needed greatly in this Team. Clear leader.

Moses recent form is rubbing off on his confidence. Sharp, smart and hugely talented. Algeria will surely fall

John Ogu looks very fit, couple with huge physical presence.

The politician and business in the form of @Thenff are here. Training ended. Team looking sharp, fit and full of confidence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2016
fwesh3:
cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MDDam: 6:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
Worrying reports (frm a Radio sports program) reaching me said though Leon Balogun trained separately with d (physiotherapist) in the morning, he was not sighted on the pitch this evening at all. I just hope it's not true and if it is, I wish Baolgun (and others carrying slight knocks) a speedy recovery nd no other injuries worries before saturday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
MDDam:
Worrying reports (frm a Radio sports program) reaching me said though Leon Balogun trained separately with d (physiotherapist) in the morning, he was not sighted on the pitch this evening at all. I just hope it's not true and if it is, I wish Baolgun (and others carrying slight knocks) a speedy recovery nd no other injuries worries before saturday.

They will be fine for the game..just slight knocks from the weekend.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2016
chrisooblog:
hope the rohr led technical crew impresses on the players not to get complacent just because we are hearing that the algerians are getting injuries here and there. don't understand why etebo and alampasu are coming in late. for young players that want to make an impression this is simply not good enough. hope it's not that elderson is carrying a knock.

my preliminary line-up all things being equal will be

1. Akpeyi 2. Omeruo 3. Elderson (if fit) 4. Ekong 5. Balogun 6. Ndidi 7. Onazi 8. Mikel 9. victor moses 10. iwobi 11. iheanacho

Simon Moses, Musa and Ideye to come in when in need of reinforcements
This ur line up is a very good one especially in second half,to consolidate if we r already leading in second half.
You hardly lose with 2 defensive midfielders.
We don't really need too many goals,all we need is just a win.
They need to approach this game as if they're playing the world cup proper
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2016
tbaba1234:
Reports from camp say Alampasu is outshining other keepers in the evening training:

Kelechi and Iwobi touches this evening training oozes confidence and hope for Nigeria football future. Pure class

Beautiful Lob goal from Kelechi now. When u talk Abt Mahrez & Slimane, you talk Abt Kelechi & Iwobi. Algeria ll surely fall.

Alampasu has clearly drowned akpeyi at this evening training. Fit, agile, aware and very talented.

Mikel look fit and sharp. You can never buy his years of experience. Needed greatly in this Team. Clear leader.

Moses recent form is rubbing off on his confidence. Sharp, smart and hugely talented. Algeria will surely fall

The politician and business in the form of @Thenff are here. Training ended. Team looking sharp, fit and full of confidence.

Nnaa,see better tori.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2016
MDDam:

Thats wat happens when u have a good program going on, Iheanacho went through the same thing, the physio will declare him fit then he can train with the rest.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
chrisooblog:
hope the rohr led technical crew impresses on the players not to get complacent just because we are hearing that the algerians are getting injuries here and there. don't understand why etebo and alampasu are coming in late. for young players that want to make an impression this is simply not good enough. hope it's not that elderson is carrying a knock.

my preliminary line-up all things being equal will be

1. Akpeyi 2. Omeruo 3. Elderson (if fit) 4. Ekong 5. Balogun 6. Ndidi 7. Onazi 8. Mikel 9. victor moses 10. iwobi 11. iheanacho

Simon Moses, Musa and Ideye to come in when in need of reinforcements

If i was the coach, this will be my line-up. It ensures that we control the midfield. The forward men are capable of scoring.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by confun: 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
fwesh3:
I odnt think I like ds Jersey, to me it's not cool, kinda dull....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
chrisooblog:
i want to err on the side of caution. the algerians have good players that can hurt us. i trust mikel to play an advanced role to join the attack. don't forget the algerians will be coming desperate for a win so we shouldn't expect a laid back approach. i believe once we have neutralized their attacking forays and hopefully scored a goal or two we can then bring in the subs to finish them off.

they r definitely coming 4 a draw,winning is out of the card for them,they knew that.
This isn't SE of last year. SE hardly lose whenever they r inform
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
tbaba1234:

I loved Leon Balogun's comment during the Zambia match, he was like "so we play tiki taka now?".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
Alampasu, the most impressive keeper during the evening training. Cc: Thegoodjoe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2016
tbaba1234:
Alampasu, the most impressive keeper during the evening training. Cc: Thegoodjoe

It's good news, but does Rohr think he's impressive enough to displace Akpeyi? We've heard of players being impressive during training, but the coach still doesn't field them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
safarigirl:
It's good news, but does Rohr think he's impressive enough to displace Akpeyi? We've heard of players being impressive during training, but the coach still doesn't field them

I won't field Alampasu either unless other keepers prove to be utterly useless in camp. Training is different from real match situations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, Sugarboyy(m), kennysville(m), TheSuperNerd(m), kingphilip(m), Pidginwhisper, bennie1980(m), jihday(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.