Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11659456 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2721) (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 9:52am On Feb 01, 2018
`no one even talked about our red card .... after the red card , the team still played as if they were 11 /11 on the pitch , i loved their doggedness .

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2018
somehow:
You would have known him better if you have been following the league.

Keeps the goal post for Plateau UTD, they conceeded the least amount of goals last season!
I think am the only moniker telling who care to listen that Ajiboye is better than Ezenwa and Akpeyi after watching him against Guinea in WAFU cup.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2018
lexyman:
`no one even talked about our red card .... after the red card , the team still played as they were 11 /11 on the pitch , i loved their doggedness .

Yes very unusual of Nigeria team playing good with 10 men against 11

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2018
maidaboi:
Ezenwa does not deserve any credit abeg just wait and see how this chan team will go all the way to the final
i said it before it happen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2018
tbaba1234:
Battle of the goalies

Akpeyi

Has had several opportunities to make the number 1 shirt his. Has never really inspired confidence. Would need one or two huge games to make the list.
Highly rated by Rohr but always failing the test,it w take a grace for him to make the team.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:01am On Feb 01, 2018
maidaboi:
Well i think they all deserves the credit,Ezenwa did well against Angola but Ajiboye was superb against Sudan,kudos to Gabriel for his goals against Angola and Sudan.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:02am On Feb 01, 2018
Kog45:
Yes very unusual of Nigeria team playing good with 10 men against 11
I Actually Thought The Sudanese Would Exploit That

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:06am On Feb 01, 2018
Edopesin:

I Actually Thought The Sudanese Would Exploit That
Exactly my thought

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:11am On Feb 01, 2018
maidaboi:

Yes Sir Maidaboi, I see you..... cool

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:12am On Feb 01, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Apart from his goal Gabriel offered absolutely nothing yesterday.
While Okpotu kept his miss hits piling up with every game. That was why the coach had to sacrifice him not Gabriel when we went a man man down

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2018
lexyman:
`no one even talked about our red card .... after the red card , the team still played as if they were 11 /11 on the pitch , i loved their doggedness
On point bro! cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:17am On Feb 01, 2018
kennysville:

And I am supposed to counter your long response abi? Its here for all to see. 2 people cannot miss out on a lie. If the person lying doesnt know he is lying, whoeve he is lying to knows. Enjoy your roll and welcome back

Hahahahahah! Look at you. You have been disgraced yet you are hidding under false witnesses. Abi false witnesses superceeds facts?

My friend if you don't anything reasonable to say keep quiet else you are seen as a full.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:24am On Feb 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Alampasu too dey picture oooo.... And this Ajiboye performance is a real marker. He and Ezenwa are practically same height sef....

Alampasu and Uzoho are the real giants in the GK position for the team now. They are tall and are also technically gifted between the sticks. Funny thing is both have cat-like reflexes too like Ajiboye and Ezenwa but all on varying levels.

Yeah! Ajiboye and Ezenwa are practically same height but...

However, it seems Alampasu is off the radar of Rohr though he is taller than Uzoho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:28am On Feb 01, 2018
S-H-O-C-K-E-R......Rohr said ajiboye not in his worldcup plans grin grin,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:28am On Feb 01, 2018
Is the young goalscoring sensation "Junior Lokosa" of Kano Pillars a Nigerian?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:29am On Feb 01, 2018
Yes, Alampasu is the tallest of the goalies. He stands at 1.99m I think while Uzoho is 1.96m

Alampasu always got invites under Rohr and was considered a special protégé until Uzoho broke out at Deportivo in LA liga. I think Rohr still rates Alampasu but will just want to focus on a few options so that he can readily have them tested in these five friendlies ahead of our first WC game. We don't have time anymore so Rohr will work with Uzoho, Ezenwa, Ajiboye and possibly an Alampasu and probably also an Okoye Maduka.

I think it is Akpeyi who may be out of the picture even though I think he may also make the provisional list.

forgiveness:

Yeah! Ajiboye and Ezenwa are practically same height but...

However, it seems Alampasu is off the radar of Rohr though he is taller than Uzoho.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:30am On Feb 01, 2018
elyte89:

One of your jokes/pranks orrrrrrrr.... wink

Oya give us source then.... grin

I just dey look you

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:32am On Feb 01, 2018
elyte89:
funny man well done
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:32am On Feb 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

One of your jokes/pranks orrrrrrrr.... wink

Oya give us source then.... grin

Boss serious o,read it online,scorenigeria

Tbaba1234 fit confirm d story wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:40am On Feb 01, 2018
Kog45:
I think if Ajiboye can display another scintillating performance if picked gainst Morocco then it should be battle between Ajiboye, Ezenwa and Uzoho.

Let me say this in my Thierry Henry voice, o la la Ajiboye was amazing last night. I think that was the best performance a Nigerian has ever had at CHAN especially because it takes us to the finals. I would personally start him in the finals because of the hunger he is showing but I could understand going with Ezenwa because he has not been bad at all.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:41am On Feb 01, 2018
Pardon me for asking if it was a joke because with you ehn.... pesin fit no know when you dey play or when you dey serious niii... wink

But You are right.... let me share the story here....

Rohr praises new Eagles hero Ajiboye, but he’s not in World Cup plans

Gernot Rohr has described Dele Ajiboye as “wonderful”, but special SCORENigeria investigations have revealed that the Plateau United championship-winning goalkeeper is not in his plans for the World Cup.

Ajiboye kept Nigeria alive in Wednesday night’s semi-final against Sudan with several top-class saves when he replaced injured Ikechukwu Ezenwa

Rohr told SCORENigeria in Marrekesh: “We had a very good goalkeeper again, Ajiboye made a wonderful game and saved our team several times.

“I’m not surprised by Ajiboye because I know him, I have invited him to the Eagles and we also have two good goalkeeper trainers.”

However, despite Ajiboye’s heroics in Morocco he may not be on the 30-man provisional squad for Russia 2018, top team officials have informed SCORENigeria

“Ajiboye is not in Rohr’s plans for the World Cup,” the official told SCORENigeria

“Rohr has made up his mind and it does not look like he will change it no matter what happens here in Morocco.”

Further SCORENigeria investigations have revealed Francis
Uzoho has been installed as the country’s No 1 goalkeeper for the World Cup
even though he has only played 45 minutes for Nigeria in a friendly against Argentina in November and he is no longer playing first-team football at Deportivo La Coruna.

That explained why Enrico Pionetti will shortly relocate to Spain to specially work with Uzoho.

Rohr’s scouts have also picked out another goalkeeper with Nigerian roots who plies his trade in Germany.

**By Kola Daniel in Marrekesh, Morocco

Take note of the bolded people

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 133 days to go

Peronal thoughts: Sebi I said that Rohr's Mind on the GK dept is practically EOD. What he only seeks now is who will be no.3 choice.
wink

elyte89:

Boss serious o,read it online,scorenigeria

Tbaba1234 fit confirm d story wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44am On Feb 01, 2018
But hey... it is still the media talking shaa... time will still reveal more.

But I know Rohr has made up his mind on Uzoho and Ezenwa. it is obvious. They are both WC bound.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 10:45am On Feb 01, 2018
elyte89:

That German old man is quite upredictable shocked shocked

A very sad case for a talented goalkeeper, Now it is very save to say that villiage people top officials are fully working over night on his matter.

You mean such herorics saves can't even save him? shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:52am On Feb 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Pardon me for asking if it was a joke because with you ehn.... pesin fit no know when you dey play or when you dey serious niii... wink

But You are right.... let me share the story here....

Gernot Rohr has described Dele Ajiboye as “wonderful”, but special SCORENigeria investigations have revealed that the Plateau United championship-winning goalkeeper is not in his plans for the World Cup.

Ajiboye kept Nigeria alive in Wednesday night’s semi-final against Sudan with several top-class saves when he replaced injured Ikechukwu Ezenwa

Rohr told SCORENigeria in Marrekesh: “We had a very good goalkeeper again, Ajiboye made a wonderful game and saved our team several times.

“I’m not surprised by Ajiboye because I know him, I have invited him to the Eagles and we also have two good goalkeeper trainers.”

However, despite Ajiboye’s heroics in Morocco he may not be on the 30-man provisional squad for Russia 2018, top team officials have informed SCORENigeria

“Ajiboye is not in Rohr’s plans for the World Cup,” the official told SCORENigeria

“Rohr has made up his mind and it does not look like he will change it no matter what happens here in Morocco.”

Further SCORENigeria investigations have revealed Francis
Uzoho has been installed as the country’s No 1 goalkeeper for the World Cup
even though he has only played 45 minutes for Nigeria in a friendly against Argentina in November and he is no longer playing first-team football at Deportivo La Coruna.

That explained why Enrico Pionetti will shortly relocate to Spain to specially work with Uzoho.

Rohr’s scouts have also picked out another goalkeeper with Nigerian roots who plies his trade in Germany.

**By Kola Daniel in Marrekesh, Morocco

Take note of the bolded people

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 133 days to go

wink

Based on the report which seem untrue,Uzoho number one,Maduka number two and likely Ezenwa number three,Ajiboye just need another heroic display to convince Rohr but hope goalkeeper would not be our undue at WC cos selection look faulty especially Maduka.

I doubt the report cos Rohr was not quoted.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:58am On Feb 01, 2018
You are on point. Rohr was not quoted. Only "A certain team official" and then scoreNigeria's interpretation....

But I doubt Maduka is number two according to the report. It should be Ezenwa.

Anyway, this was just to show that The House Chief Comedian, Sir Elite "Big Head" Elyte89 grin was not kidding when he dropped his comment.

On a personal note Elder Sir Kog45, me I know that Rohr has decided on Uzoho and Ezenwa and it has nothing to do with this scorenigeria report. It is that number three spot that is not certain yet.

Kog45:
Based on the report which seem untrue,Uzoho number one,Maduka number two and likely Ezenwa number three,Ajiboye just need another heroic display to convince Rohr but hope goalkeeper would not be our undue at WC cos selection look faulty especially Maduka.

I doubt the report cos Rohr was not quoted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:00am On Feb 01, 2018
oloriooko:

While Okpotu kept his miss hits piling up with every game. That was why the coach had to sacrifice him not Gabriel when we went a man man down

Gabriel was jaded at the ending of the match. There was no outlet to the team, nobody who could hold the ball and give the team respite, that was why we stayed on the back foot defending most of the time. Everybody else plays their nonsense and have their moment of magic but with Okpotu we expect him to be performing on a world class level all the time. This to me is scandalous, we are in the finals of CHAN for the first time ever but yet we are bashing a striker who helped us get to this point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
You are on point. Rohr was not quoted. Only "A certain team official" and then scoreNigeria's interpretation....

But I doubt Maduka is number two according to the report. It should be Ezenwa.

Anyway, this was just to show that The House Chief Comedian, Sir Elite "Big Head" Elyte89 grin was not kidding when he dropped his comment.

On a personal note Elder Sir Kog45, me I know that Rohr has decided on Uzoho and Ezenwa and it has nothing to do with this scorenigeria report. It is that number three spot that is not certain yet.

Now am going by safarigirl's word that let's wait till friendlies matches,then will know who is who,goalkeeping department is dicey and justice must be done or else will regrets it.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06am On Feb 01, 2018
I believe Okpotu deserves some credits despite my stand on him not being main Super Eagles Material.

Dude got two goals for us... crucial ones too.

And yesterday, he got the assist that played Gabriel in for the only goal against the Sudanese. He deserves some pats on the back no matter what.
I also think his role behind Gabriel was key to our win yesterday. Just as Sir Humility017 said on Okpotu being able to play good behind a striker.

In all, he is part and parcel of this history and he must be commended despite his flaws.

BascoVanVeli:

Gabriel was jaded at the ending of the match. There was no outlet to the team, nobody who could hold the ball and give the team respite, that was why we stayed on the back foot defending most of the time. Everybody else plays their nonsense and have their moment of magic but with Okpotu we expect him to be performing on a world class level all the time. This to me is scandalous, we are in the finals of CHAN for the first time ever but yet we are bashing a striker who helped us get to this point.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 11:06am On Feb 01, 2018
somehow:
I believe the indirect "coaching" of our local coaches is one that Pinnick must have included in the contract of the new coach.

Unfortunately, we ain't seeing the fruits in Salisu Yusuf nd Alloy Agu's life, rather their condition seem to be getting worse
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08am On Feb 01, 2018
Yes till march.... smiley And don't worry, Justice will be done. We cannot afford to take less than the best available to the Mundial. It is well.

Kog45:
Now am going by safarigirl's word that let's wait till friendlies matches,then will know who is who,goalkeeping department is dicey and justice must be done or else will regrets it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 11:14am On Feb 01, 2018
“Ajiboye was the one that took them to the final. He gave to them a nice confidence and when the needed help in the goal, he was the one that helped.

“He played the game well and he is the man of the match for me. What I realised when he was coming was that he was a cool guy, though he looked a bit older.

“I say congratulations to the Nigerian team but you know sometimes in football, you don’t deserve to lose but you lose the game."

Sudanese coach Logarusic Hrvatsko, was quoted saying after the match.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18am On Feb 01, 2018
Mickael2:

should I run you through a long list of Gks who showed top class promise at the U17 but left much to be desired later on? Chrisantus was groomed abroad, what happened to him? Akinsola was also great then, whatever happened to him.

What is even the meaning of grooming to you? I said Ajiboye has been groomed by the NPFL and yes he has, he has been posting consistent performances in the NPFL, that means the coaches have noticed his progress. Ok Alampasu that is also another talent where is he? Third choice is a club I don't even know, wouldn't he be better off in the NPFL developing himself? Enyeama was developed in the NPFL with little or no national team experience and he only got his chance because we had a dearth of good Gks, such a situation does not occur all the time. Like I said, Ajiboye has been groomed by the NPFL. When we talk about world class keepers why do we not include Ajiboy? Because he plays for Plateau United and not because he cannot, currently, perform better than other world class keepers.

Meanwhile I still do not understand how I went over the line with De Gea, do you even know where he started his career?

Long story for a simple point. We need to do more for our exceptional special talents. The point does not even need debate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2721) (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tsquare299(m), mummyson26(m), Philosopher1979, Alfryd, Suzzytee05(f), do4luv14(m), comodo, Unlimited22 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.