Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,670 members, 7,816,756 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11658417 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:24am On Feb 01, 2018
A good example of handholding of special talents in action was how Gernot Rohr handled the likes of Osimhen, Awaziem and recently Chidiebere Nwakali.

This is a case of the National team playing their part in building talents for the future of the team.

Rohr, I am feeling you,
That is why I say,
Baba Twale

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:25am On Feb 01, 2018
mazimee:

That German old man is quite upredictable shocked shocked

A very sad case for a talented goalkeeper, Now it is very save to say that villiage people top officials are fully working over night on his matter.

You mean such herorics saves can't even save him? shocked shocked
Not a big deal,definitely he wasn't in his plan but yesterday match can changed Rohr's mind(Rohr said we have another wonderful keeper) and if he can have a good game against Morocco then he nail it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:26am On Feb 01, 2018
CHAN: Dele Ajiboye took Nigeria to CHAN final – Sudan’s Logarusic Hrvatsko

ByIroha Udoka -
February 1, 2018

The coach of Sudan, Logarusic Hrvatsko, says goalkeeper Dele Ajiboye singlehandedly took Nigeria to the final of African Nations Championship in Morocco.

Hrvatsko said Ajiboye was the man of the match because of his heroic performance between the sticks.

The home-based Eagles pipped the Falcons of Sudan 1-0 to reach the first ever final of the championship.

After the match, the Sudan coach said, “Ajiboye was the one that took them to the final. He gave to them a nice confidence and when the needed help in the goal, he was the one that helped.

“He played the game well and he is the man of the match for me. What I realised when he was coming was that he was a cool guy, though he looked a bit older.

“I say congratulations to the Nigerian team but you know sometimes in football, you don’t deserve to lose but you lose the game.

“While sometimes you don’t deserve to win but you win the game but today at the end Nigeria put the ball in the net to score and they defended well.

“But we were dangerous on the counter-attack but what is important for me with the Sudan national team is that they are showing progress and they are playing some nice football.

“Also now like I said before, the boys can compete against any country in Africa. Today we played against Nigeria and I think we produced a good game which is good for Africa.”

Nigeria will face Morocco in the final of the tournament on Sunday.

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/70012/chan-dele-ajiboye-nigeria-chan-final-sudans-logarusic-hrvatsko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:50am On Feb 01, 2018
Scan reveals Ezenwa out for 3 weeks

By admin -
February 1, 2018, 11:18 am

Captain and goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa will be sidelined for three weeks after he injured his knee in Wednesday night’s CHAN semi-final against Sudan in Marrekesh.

A top official told SCORENigeria: “A scan was done on the player’s knee and he will be out for three weeks.”

Ezenwa will also miss Sunday’s final against hosts Morocco in Casablanca.

Dele Ajiboye, who replaced the Enyimba shot stopper, will be in goal again after a superlative display against Sudan earned rave reviews.

The Chan final at the Mohammed V Stadium in Casablanca will kick off by 8pm on Sunday.

By Kola Daniel in Marrekesh in Morocco

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/02/01/scan-reveals-ezenwa-out-for-3-weeks/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 12:03pm On Feb 01, 2018
2 Morrocans key players , has gone abroad for greener pastures ... is this a good news for us ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Scan reveals Ezenwa out for 3 weeks

By admin -
February 1, 2018, 11:18 am

Captain and goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa will be sidelined for three weeks after he injured his knee in Wednesday night’s CHAN semi-final against Sudan in Marrekesh.

A top official told SCORENigeria: “A scan was done on the player’s knee and he will be out for three weeks.”

Ezenwa will also miss Sunday’s final against hosts Morocco in Casablanca.

Dele Ajiboye, who replaced the Enyimba shot stopper, will be in goal again after a superlative display against Sudan earned rave reviews.

The Chan final at the Mohammed V Stadium in Casablanca will kick off by 8pm on Sunday.

By Kola Daniel in Marrekesh in Morocco

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/02/01/scan-reveals-ezenwa-out-for-3-weeks/

And Sir Joebie asked for four weeks even....... wink hehehehe

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
lexyman:
2 Morrocans key players , has gone abroad for greener pastures ... is this a good news for us ?

Scared of the Eagles they are, courage they lack.... Excuses, they give. Defeat, they try to avoid.... Ajiboye, they dread grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FabioPeter: 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
Taking a second look at Ezenwa’s tackle that led to his injury. In the World Cup a two footed tackle without contact with the ball is a stone wall red card.
He could have been red carded injured and let down his team and country. Ezenwa has consistently made tackles/commitments with no intention of getting the ball just a crude tactic of distracting a player and preventing a goal. Against Cameroon at the qualifiers it caused us a needless penalty.
He will be calamitous if given a first team opportunity at the World Cup. It’s about time we considered other options.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I believe Okpotu deserves some credits despite my stand on him not being main Super Eagles Material.

Dude got two goals for us... crucial ones too.

And yesterday, he got the assist that played Gabriel in for the only goal against the Sudanese. He deserves some pats on the back no matter what.
I also think his role behind Gabriel was key to our win yesterday. Just as Sir Humility017 said on Okpotu being able to play good behind a striker.

In all, he is part and parcel of this history and he must be commended despite his flaws.

Don't let me vex for u oo.. Arevu for real!?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:27pm On Feb 01, 2018
That extra week na just to make sure lol

TheSuperNerd:

And Sir Joebie asked for four weeks even....... wink hehehehe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Pardon me for asking if it was a joke because with you ehn.... pesin fit no know when you dey play or when you dey serious niii... wink

But You are right.... let me share the story here....

Gernot Rohr has described Dele Ajiboye as “wonderful”, but special SCORENigeria investigations have revealed that the Plateau United championship-winning goalkeeper is not in his plans for the World Cup.

Ajiboye kept Nigeria alive in Wednesday night’s semi-final against Sudan with several top-class saves when he replaced injured Ikechukwu Ezenwa

Rohr told SCORENigeria in Marrekesh: “We had a very good goalkeeper again, Ajiboye made a wonderful game and saved our team several times.

“I’m not surprised by Ajiboye because I know him, I have invited him to the Eagles and we also have two good goalkeeper trainers.”

However, despite Ajiboye’s heroics in Morocco he may not be on the 30-man provisional squad for Russia 2018, top team officials have informed SCORENigeria

“Ajiboye is not in Rohr’s plans for the World Cup,” the official told SCORENigeria

“Rohr has made up his mind and it does not look like he will change it no matter what happens here in Morocco.”

Further SCORENigeria investigations have revealed Francis
Uzoho has been installed as the country’s No 1 goalkeeper for the World Cup
even though he has only played 45 minutes for Nigeria in a friendly against Argentina in November and he is no longer playing first-team football at Deportivo La Coruna.

That explained why Enrico Pionetti will shortly relocate to Spain to specially work with Uzoho.

Rohr’s scouts have also picked out another goalkeeper with Nigerian roots who plies his trade in Germany.

**By Kola Daniel in Marrekesh, Morocco

Take note of the bolded people

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 133 days to go

wink

This sounds like speculation. one unknown official said.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:29pm On Feb 01, 2018
FabioPeter:
Taking a second look at Ezenwa’s tackle that led to his injury. In the World Cup a two footed tackle without contact with the ball is a stone wall red card.
He could have been red carded injured and let down his team and country. Ezenwa has consistently made tackles/commitments with no intention of getting the ball just a crude tactic of distracting a player and preventing a goal. Against Cameroon at the qualifiers it caused us a needless penalty.
He will be calamitous if given a first team opportunity at the World Cup. It’s about time we considered other options.

Rush of blood to the head. He does it all the time. Loves to rush out for no reason

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2018
oloriooko:
CHAN
Gabriel has been improving with every game unlike Okpotu who is static and probably getting worse

The mental capacity of most African players is quite limited and it shows how unscientific and crude making little or no progress.

Ajiboye kept Eagle's hopes alive with his goal bound saves and deserves to be on the plane to Russia considering our limited options in the goalkeeping area.
Oga its too fast of your verdict on Ajiboye going to Russia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
Noah of Hannover is he injured?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
maidaboi:

Yes unfortunately.. knee injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
zuchyblink:
The Enyimba fc left back Ikouwem udoh is top class
Tbaba1234 see our guy
This guy can gatecrash as a LB oo
His crosses excellent
Defense superb
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 2:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
tbaba1234:

Yes unfortunately.. knee injury
again ! I thought he just came back from an injury. cry cry cry cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2018
CaptainStephen:
again ! I thought he just came back from an injury. cry cry cry cry

Came back, played one game and picked up another injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
nelszx:

Tbaba1234 see our guy
This guy can gatecrash as a LB oo
His crosses excellent
Defense superb

Unlikely but he is supposedly still a teenager so there is a future.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
Thumbs up to the Eagles team B for finally Elating me after a potential heart- attacking 90 minutes before claiming my Two hundred and forty thousand naira with extreme exhaustion this morning. A gamble which I took to after a convincing persuation from my dear punter friend.

My people, you need to see the way I vigorously ululated for close to half an hour after the final whistle.... to God be the glory. 100 to 240

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 2:51pm On Feb 01, 2018
Just watched the NGR ARG highlights again and with what I just saw,I must say that Idowu is a very good player. His positioning off the ball is amazing and his acceleration is something else. He had no business getting that ball Iheanacho lost yet he did and placed it in the bottom right corner. Totally classic. I would love to see him play in NGR colours again.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:52pm On Feb 01, 2018
maidaboi:
If this is true then he's officially an injury prone player. A no no
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
COOL10:
Just watched the NGR ARG highlights again and with what I just saw,I must say that Idowu is a very good player. His positioning off the ball is amazing and his acceleration is something else. He had no business getting that ball Iheanacho lost yet he did and placed it in the bottom right corner. Totally classic. I would love to see him play in NGR colours again.

Abeg make we play another friendly match jare,any small thing we make reference to d argies match grin,like say we use am lift world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
elyte89:

Abeg make we play another friendly match jare,any small thing we make reference to d argies match grin,like say we use am lift world cup
. grin Lol,that match too dey sweet me jare. Anytime I wanna feel really good,I put it on. Besides it's been a while since I've seen any SE team play with such determination. But you're right,March will soon be here and we'll continue from where we stopped.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Thumbs up to the Eagles team B for finally Elating me after a potential heart- attacking 90 minutes before claiming my Two hundred and forty thousand naira with extreme exhaustion this morning. A gamble which I took to after a convincing persuation from my dear punter friend.

My people, you need to see the way I vigorously ululated for close to half an hour after the final whistle.... to God be the glory. 100 to 240
Mr Jigsaw are you implying we should ply the road of gambling with you. You should have known by now that gambling and it's promotion is outlawed as a topic of discussion on this thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2018
tbaba1234:

Came back, played one game and picked up another injury
ehya cry I feel sad for him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
"we"? Well I in person can see the work on Yusuf in their style of play, but individual skill is what is lacking in some of the players.

Yusuf won't teach pros how to trap balls or shoot at goal, pros should know this already!
Clementoke:

Unfortunately, we ain't seeing the fruits in Salisu Yusuf nd Alloy Agu's life, rather their condition seem to be getting worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 3:12pm On Feb 01, 2018
Well I knew this since I started seeing Ezenwa in post and some saying he earned it on merit! I know you have also voiced out about him not being the best from the 3 names here (Ezenwa)
Kog45:
I think am the only moniker telling who care to listen that Ajiboye is better than Ezenwa and Akpeyi after watching him against Guinea in WAFU cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by congo4ka: 3:15pm On Feb 01, 2018
Please any news about (Uzoho, Idowu, Ighalo and onazi)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

You think so?
Yes I do

soetanoreoluwa:

Have always believe in Ajiboye just that the situation around him kept holding him down...
Like they always said you can't hide talent for so long

Yes, Alloy recommended the 3 of them to Rohr, I believe Rohr decided on who to use, so I would say it's partly Rohrs responsibility to pick who should mount the goal post since he sees them during warm up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2018
LaLiga: Etebo Set To Make Las Palmas Debut Vs Malaga

Las Palmas new signing, Oghenekaro Etebo says he is prepared to make his debut next Monday, February 5, for the club when they host Malaga in a LaLiga Santander relegation clash at the Gran Canaria Stadium, Completesportsnigeria.com (CSN) reports.

Etebo who signed a short term deal with the La Liga strugglers till the end of the season revealed that he joined the Spanish club in order to play regularly.

Las Palmas are 19th in the La Liga Santander table on 14 points from 21 points one ahead of Malaga who they face in their next match.

“I’m ready to play, but it all depends on the coach,” Etebo told Las Palmas official website.

“I did not join the club to be on the bench, but it all depends on the coach.”

Etebo, also explained why he opted to join Las Palmas despite interest from Portuguese side,FC Porto and KRC Genk of Belgium.

“When they (Las Palmas) are interested in you, it’s all much easier and a good reasons to move.”

“I can play in several positions and I’m comfortable in those positions, but most importantly I’m here to help the team.
“I do not care if I make my debut next Monday all I want is for my team to get the three points.”

Source: https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/laliga-etebo-set-make-las-palmas-debut-vs-malaga/

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 133 days to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
What would have been just an ordinary game in LA liga could become super exciting due to the possible involvement of three Super Eagles players.

UD Las Palmas Vs Malaga CF

Etebo (The 8-lunged power horse) vs "The Beast" Success + Ideye

Their moves just gave me reason to watch some LA liga games again outside the big guns when opportuned. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2722) (2723) (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Macaranta23, MegaStarr(m), mummyson26(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.