Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11663492 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
kennysville:

Those of you that like to mediate.... you are all witnesses now. I am yet to start any tirade on this forum and believe me when I start, it will get really ugly. Yall can read what ur friend here is saying now. If he cant discuss here without resorting to low digs, well it wont be nice. We all know how to throw some sass around. Call him to order ... for the last time

Thanks

Cc: Icons4s, Kog45 , TheGoodJoe, Joebie and others. Forgive me if I dont remember ur moniker

What is last time?

Who threw the first shot? Me?

Oga, I only addressed your ignorance and you should have shown humility by admitting you were conspicuously wrong after being provided with concrete facts but no, you would rather bury your head in the sand.

Mr man, respect is reciprocal, vice versa. Nothing more nothing less. EOD

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

This thread used to be a place to escape the divisions on other threads. It was a place you find nairaland members who are civilized and respect each other.

forgiveness, I appeal to you to stop the rash tone and enough of the low digs. Let us restore the decency we used to have.

And who is the uncivilized ones? Me?

I think this appeal is meant for him not me because nobi me start am.

Abi, make I no defend myself again?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:08pm On Feb 01, 2018
pussypounder:

Mr Kenny, forgiveness is a well known woman beater, just ignore him please smiley

Cruel, murderer and criminal, either man or woman must face the full wrath of the law. No partiality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
Icon79:
Barring any unforeseen circumstance, the Group A players are definitely going to Russia:

Group A
1. Victor Moses
2. Obi Mikel
3. Wilfred Ndidi
4. Kelechi Iheanacho (will definitely make the team. Aside from being one of our best strikers, he's also great for team unity)
5. Alex Iwobi
6. Eddy Onazi
7. Leon Balogun
8. Troost Ekong
9. *Moses Simon*
10. Chidozie Awaziem
11. Shehu Abdullahi
12. *Odion Ighalo*
13. *John Ogu*
14. *Oghenekaro Etebo* (likely to make it because he's a utility player)

Group B - Very likely to make the list - 90% chance
1. Brian Idowu
2. Tyronne Ebuehi
3. Ahmed Musa
5. Kenneth Omeruo
6. Francis Uzoho
7. Mikel Agu
8. Ola Aina
9. Elderson Echiejile (his experience might help him make team, if Aina fails to excel)
10. Joel Obi (most likely to make team if fully fit)
11. Ikechukwu Ezenwa

Group C - still on the outside looking in - less than 50% chance:
1. Anthony Nwakaeme
2. Olarenwaju Kayode
3. Henry Onyekuru
4. Sarenren Bazee
5. Isaac Success (supposed to be in group B but his attitude might cost him)
6. Dele Alampasu
7. Ajiboye (the new CHAN guy. Having seen him play though but I wanna go by all the commentaries here and elsewhere)

Great compilation!

But I want you to note the asterisk* still have much to prove and they can easily be unsettled by any in Group B, C or D(the ones you've failed to list. The Uduohkai, Akpoguma etc...)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
forgiveness:

And who is the uncivilized ones? Me?

I think this appeal is meant for him not me because nobi me start am.

Abi, make I no defend myself again?

You can let it slide than continue throwing digs. It will take conscious and collective efforts to return this thread to its known decency. Ignoring jabs and digs has a big part to play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

You can let it slide than continue throwing digs. It will take conscious and collective efforts to return this thread to its known decency. Ignoring jabs and digs has a big part to play.

Oga forgiveness,abeg heed to boss TheGoodJoe words,let's b tolerant, it won't take anything from us,we re one family wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

As I said, this appeal is meant for those who throw jabs and digs steadily here, not for those who has being the victims of jabs and digs for donkey years. There is limit.

However, I only replied him reciprocally. grin

Ignoring is not the problem.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:35pm On Feb 01, 2018
BBC Sportsworld‏Verified account
@bbcsportsworld

Nigeria international @LeonBalogun says he was racially abused by a child during a Bundesliga match last month.

Now he's calling on the German authorities to take action...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2018
forgiveness:

What is last time?

Who threw the first shot? Me?

Oga, I only addressed your ignorant and you should have shown humility by admitting you were conspicuously wrong after being provided with concrete facts but no, you would rather bury your head in the sand.

Mr man, respect is reciprocal, vice versa. Nothing more nothing less. EOD
I think you should start acting like a man...
few days you were away this thread was relatively peaceful.... now it has turned to a camotoes...

I think you should be older than me...and some of us.... maturity should tell in words and attitude.

I know long time ago....that mature minds don't fight wit their keyboards nor wit vain words....
you compromise just for peace to reign not because you are weak......

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2018
AIG07:
Great compilation!

But I want you to note the asterisk* still have much to prove and they can easily be unsettled by any in Group B, C or D(the ones you've failed to list. The Udohkai, Akpoguma etc...)
Sir do you mean Odion Ighalo?only injury would denied the guy,nothing else even Moses Simeon though Etebo should buckle up and he deserves to be in group B,John Ogu would make it.

Pls is Akpoguma and Uduokhai ready but Akpoguma i watched is not better than Omeruo unless German connection comes in
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
Super Eagles Squad : Mikel, Moses Out

Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi and Chelsea star, Victor Moses, are some of the regular players that have been ruled out of the international friendly match between Nigeria DR Congo slated for May 28 and in either Abuja or Uyo.

The national team is expected to bid the country farewell before they depart for the 2018 World Cup with top government functionaries including President Muhammadu Buhari expected to be present at the venue.

However, sources in the Nigeria Football Federation has told our correspondent that regular players in the Super Eagles starting line might not feature in the game.

The sources said the Manager of the national team Gernot Rohr wanted to use the friendly match to test some of the fringe players in the squad.

The source said that Rohr was drawing up a list of 35 players that would prosecute the six friendly matches ahead of the World Cup from which 23 would make the final cut for the Mundial.

“Mikel, Moses, Odion Ighalo and some other big players may not be part of the match against DR Congo. These players are not expected to feature in the first phase of camping which is going to be in either Abuja or Uyo. Home based stars and some other fringe players from Europe are going to prosecute the friendly that is organised for the team to bid the country farewell ahead of the World Cup.

“Rohr is compiling a list of 35 players with those who prosecuted the World Cup qualifiers expected to dominate it. The final list of 23 is expected to come out on June 4 about two days after the friendly match against England,” the source said.

The source added that a few players from the Nigeria’s squad to the ongoing African Nations Championship in Morocco would be part of the 35-man list.

“Captain Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi and about four other players from CHAN team will be in the 35-man list, that I can say authoritatively,” the source said.

Source: http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/super-eagles-squad-mikel-moses-out/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2018
Humility017:

I think you should start acting like a man...
few days you were away this thread was relatively peaceful.... now it has turned to a camotoes...

I think you should be older than me...and some of us.... maturity should tell in words and attitude.

I know long time ago....that mature minds don't fight wit their keyboards nor wit vain words....
you compromise just for peace to reign not because you are weak......

which relatively peace? hahahahahahaha! No be just yesterday or two days ago I saw people dey fight for here? Abi, you think say I no see everything wey dey go on for here?

My friend, I was not away, I was BANNED thought not as much......

You see as dis oneself don bring jads and him hatred come my door mot but still expecting me to still be civil.

If you think I am older than you(i don't think about my age on this forum) and you really want to give me that respect, my friend, you wouldn't have used that expression......'you should start acting like a man'.

Not that i am compelling you to give me respect but the way you presented yourself as one who is civil and still came with that expression....mtchee.....you can't be taken seriously.

Pls, face front, let us talk football and stop pretending to be what your are not. Civil

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
Egbon Forgiveness.... biko e don do okay. Biko. Sorry about your ban. I was even thinking you were held up in offline matters I.e. real life matters.

See ehn, you and I sit on the opposite sides of the table most times in arguments but I still reckon with you. Biko, e don do okay. Abeg. Thank you Egbon. wink You know I am being real with you here.....

Oya back to football matters. I said I missed you... angry na me first run come welcome you... imagine!!!... I run welcome pesin wey I love to spar against... that is because you are fun in many ways and I also enjoy the contributions you bring to the table as regards Super Eagles selection nonetheless even if some may be controversial.

Abeg... na me dey talk now oooo... Egbon at least consider me naa sad

And biko... Sir Kennysville.... you sef no vex okay. It is well.

Now where were we? wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
TheGoodJoe:
A good example of handholding of special talents in action was how Gernot Rohr handled the likes of Osimhen, Awaziem and recently Chidiebere Nwakali.

This is a case of the National team playing their part in building talents for the future of the team.

Rohr, I am feeling you,
That is why I say,
Baba Twale

We can't sacrifice hard work for sentiments.

Only Awaziem deserved a call as at the time others were suspiciously invited to the SE.

Meaning the rest never deserved to be called. Never
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:28pm On Feb 01, 2018
Experienced Chelsea Goalkeeper Could Be In Goal For Argentina Vs Nigeria

Argentina manager Jorge Sampaoli is mulling over inviting Chelsea goalkeeper Willy Caballero to the national team ahead of the 2018 World Cup.

Argentine sports newspaper Ole writes on its online edition that
Sampaoli is analyzing the situation of the third goalkeeper, and he likes Caballero's current experience.

Manchester United's Sergio Romero is the undisputed first-choice goalkeeper of La Albiceleste, with Nahuel Guzmán of Tigres the back-up keeper, Caballero will fight for the last spot with Gerónimo Rulli (Real Sociedad) and Agustín Marchesín (América).

The 36-year-old Willy Caballero has yet to make his senior debut and was last called up to the Argentina team for friendlies against Croatia and Portugal in November 2014.

He was in goal in the final of the 2001 Fifa U20 World Cup, posting a shutout in Argentina's 3-0 win over Ghana, and won a gold medal at the Olympic Games three years later.

Nigeria will lock horns with the South Americans for the fifth time in the group stage of a World Cup on June 26 at Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26428
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Egbon Forgiveness.... biko e don do okay. Biko. Sorry about your ban. I was even thinking you were held up in offline matters I.e. real life matters.

See ehn, you and I sit on the opposite sides of the table most times in arguments but I still reckon with you. Biko, e don do okay. Abeg. Thank you Egbon. wink You know I am being real with you here.....

Oya back to football matters. I said I missed you... angry na me first run come welcome you... imagine!!!... I run welcome pesin wey I love to spar against... that is because you are fun in many ways and I also enjoy the contributions you bring to the table as regards Super Eagles selection nonetheless even if some may be controversial.

Abeg... na me dey talk now oooo... Egbon at least consider me naa sad

And biko... Sir Kennysville.... you sef no vex okay. It is well.

Now where were we? wink

Ok, make I no respond according to how people take present themselves. It is high time I return to using my second dimensional thought.

Besides, I was to busy too the point I know know my ban had already been served.

Peace my man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2018
Ex-Flying Eagles Skipper Picks Up Kortrijk's MOTM Award Vs Genk

Former Flying Eagles skipper Abdul Ajagun was recognized for his outstanding performance in Kortrijk's 3-2 win over Racing Genk in the Cup on Tuesday, with the club awarding him the Man of the Match accolade.

The attacking midfielder tallied his sixth goal of the season in all competitions in the 23rd minute, making the score 1-1 in the process, and was also involved in the build-up to Kortrijk's second goal scored by Azouni.

Ajagun needs only one goal to surpass his single-season scoring record (six goals) since he moved to Europe, which he first set during the 2013-14 season with Panathinaikos, then equaled the following season.

His six goals this season - three in the Belgian First Division A and three in the Cup - came after 24 appearances in all competitions.

The former Dolphins star enjoyed loan spells at Levadiakos and Roda JC before he was acquired by Kortrijk on a two-year deal last summer.

Ajagun and his teammates will head to the Luminus Arena for the return leg of the Belgian Cup on February 6.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26433

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 11:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
I agree with the asterisk. I have never been a big fan of Simon Moses. I have never been impressed with his football IQ, so to say. But he works hard.
Jude Odion Ighalo. Again, I am not a big fan, but he seems to be the only out and out striker we have in the team right now. And in addition, Rohr seems to like big and strong target men.
John Ogu - I agree. he doesn't have it in the bag yet. But I think he did himself a big favor on his two last outings.
Etebo - Again, I agree. He really went down the perking order with the stinker he had in our last game against Algeria; but I still believe in him. He was arguably our best player in the game against Algeria in Uyo. And I think Rohr would strongly consider him because he's one of the few utility players we have in the team.

O pari

AIG07:
Great compilation!

But I want you to note the asterisk* still have much to prove and they can easily be unsettled by any in Group B, C or D(the ones you've failed to list. The Uduohkai, Akpoguma etc...)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
Nope.... you have already responded. I cannot stop that. All I am saying is, I think you have made your point and did so with emphasis wink

Now, let us all chill... it is okay Egbon. It is well.

And yeah, I reckon you were indeed very busy shaa... just didn't think the ban was also part of the reason. Haba! wetin ban you sef? cheesy You've been a "naughty boy" somewhere else ba? Confess... grin wink wink I just dey look you... grin

Oya Welcome Back...

Peace too Egbon. smiley

forgiveness:

Ok, make I no respond according to how people take present themselves. It is high time I return to using my second dimensional thought.

Besides, I was to busy too the point I know know my ban had already been served.

Peace my man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 11:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
Yea, I listed Joel Obi. And I deliberately decided to leave out those German-Nigeria guys until they officially commit to us.

O pari

Truidstar:
My brother, let's not get ahead of ourselves here, your ranking is good but there is a certain Uduokhai, Akpoguma and Joel Obi that will be invited in March. The picture will become clearer after that. Too early to say who will go or not make it. Wish Rohr all the best.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 11:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
Yea, those "machineries" don't yet count in my books right now ... until they formally declare their allegiance and receive Naija passports.

O pari

elyte89:

What about those German/english guys d media are tauting to make d worldcup list,at times I wonder if Nigeria is taking 45players to world cup smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 11:41pm On Feb 01, 2018
Omo, don't mind me ....I was in a hurry to catch my cab. That won't happen again, I promise grin

O pari

M7even:

so u could write without the "o pari"

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:42pm On Feb 01, 2018
Kog45:
Sir do you mean Odion Ighalo?only injury would denied the guy,nothing else even Moses Simeon though Etebo should buckle up and he deserves to be in group B,John Ogu would make it.

Pls is Akpoguma and Uduokhai ready but Akpoguma i watched is not better than Omeruo unless German connection comes in
Sir, the above named players are good and have been integral part of the team. But to better understand my opinion I'll need you to see the competition these guys will/might be facing before making it. Provided all things been equal. Other players hits top form and given call ups before the final list.

Odion-Striker (9)
Iheanacho
Anthony
Kayode
Ideye
Dessers
Success
Osimhen
Martins(I am not ruling him out yet-they play in thesame league)
Note: of these players 3 will be selected to lead the line.

Moses Simon-Winger
Iwobi
V. Moses
Musa
Success
Onyekuru
Bazee
*here 4 maybe selected to join the other 3 CFs. I see Rohr listing 7 men as his attackers.

Ogu & Etebo-Midfielders
Mikel
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Agu
Joel Obi

I see Rohr picking 5 here.

Sir, You see the competition. None of those players has a guarantee slot yet.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:43pm On Feb 01, 2018
Icon79:
Yea, those "machineries" don't yet count in my books right now ... until they formally declare their allegiance and receive Naija passports.

O pari

The O Pari Master strikes again.... grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
Ahmed Musa will wear CSKA's number 7 Jersey for the remainder of the season. Last time he was at CSKA, he wore Jersey no.18 #RatedInRussia

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:18am On Feb 02, 2018
AIG07:
Sir, the above named players are good and have been integral part of the team. But to better understand my opinion I'll need you to see the competition these guys will/might be facing before making it. Provided all things been equal. Other players hits top form and given call ups before the final list.

Odion-Striker (9)
Iheanacho
Anthony
Kayode
Ideye
Dessers
Success
Osimhen
Martins(I am not ruling him out yet-they play in thesame league)
Note: of these players 3 will be selected to lead the line.

Moses Simon-Winger
Iwobi
V. Moses
Musa
Success
Onyekuru
Bazee
*here 4 maybe selected to join the other 3 CFs. I see Rohr listing 7 men as his attackers.

Ogu & Etebo-Midfielders
Mikel
Ndidi
Onazi
Etebo
Agu
Joel Obi

I see Rohr picking 5 here.

Sir, You see the competition. None of those players has a guarantee slot yet.
I disagreed totally on Ighalo, pls remove that asterisk on his name,hope you know Ighalo is ahead of Iheanacho in eagles presently.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:23am On Feb 02, 2018
I still remember my last episode with him. That’s my new way of handling such people.

kennysville:

Those of you that like to mediate.... you are all witnesses now. I am yet to start any tirade on this forum and believe me when I start, it will get really ugly. Yall can read what ur friend here is saying now. If he cant discuss here without resorting to low digs, well it wont be nice. We all know how to throw some sass around. Call him to order ... for the last time

Thanks

Cc: Icons4s, Kog45 , TheGoodJoe, Joebie and others. Forgive me if I dont remember ur moniker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:30am On Feb 02, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Super Eagles Squad : Mikel, Moses Out

Super Eagles captain Mikel Obi and Chelsea star, Victor Moses, are some of the regular players that have been ruled out of the international friendly match between Nigeria DR Congo slated for May 28 and in either Abuja or Uyo.

The national team is expected to bid the country farewell before they depart for the 2018 World Cup with top government functionaries including President Muhammadu Buhari expected to be present at the venue.

However, sources in the Nigeria Football Federation has told our correspondent that regular players in the Super Eagles starting line might not feature in the game.

The sources said the Manager of the national team Gernot Rohr wanted to use the friendly match to test some of the fringe players in the squad.

The source said that Rohr was drawing up a list of 35 players that would prosecute the six friendly matches ahead of the World Cup from which 23 would make the final cut for the Mundial.

“Mikel, Moses, Odion Ighalo and some other big players may not be part of the match against DR Congo. These players are not expected to feature in the first phase of camping which is going to be in either Abuja or Uyo. Home based stars and some other fringe players from Europe are going to prosecute the friendly that is organised for the team to bid the country farewell ahead of the World Cup.

“Rohr is compiling a list of 35 players with those who prosecuted the World Cup qualifiers expected to dominate it. The final list of 23 is expected to come out on June 4 about two days after the friendly match against England,” the source said.

The source added that a few players from the Nigeria’s squad to the ongoing African Nations Championship in Morocco would be part of the 35-man list.

“Captain Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi and about four other players from CHAN team will be in the 35-man list, that I can say authoritatively,” the source said.

Source: http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/super-eagles-squad-mikel-moses-out/
why, in the name of Amadioha, will this fellow even make a 40-man list for World Cup? angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pussypounder(m): 3:14am On Feb 02, 2018
safarigirl:
why, in the name of Amadioha, will this fellow even make a 40-man list for World Cup? angry

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:40am On Feb 02, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

But he has been playing as LB for hull city with MOTM and I think with a goal with it... Let wait n see March Is already here

Playing for Hull City is not playing for Nigeria.

He has not been so imposing at LB for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:21am On Feb 02, 2018
Ex-PSG Teen Star Ogbeche Back On The Goal Trail For Willem II

Willem II Nigerian goal machine, Bartholomew Ogbeche is back in the groove for the Tricolores in their 2-2 quarterfinal Holland Cup clash draw with Roda Kerkrade on Thursday evening.

The 33-year old pulled Willem level after 39 minutes of the game after Simon Gustafson had earlier shot their visitors into the lead from the spot.

Donis Avdijaj profited from an Adil Auassar's assist to power Roda back in front three minutes after the restart but Kostantinos Tsimikas made sure the the Tilburg-based side would take the game to extra time as the battle for the last four heated up.

After the ensuing 30 minutes which failed to produce any goals, William Ndenge's miss in the shootout for Roda proved enough as Ogbeche and his side advanced to the next round.

For the former PSG whizkid, the goal was his ninth in all competitions for the club this season, a tally which continued one of the most productive campaigns for the journey man striker.

Willem II would meet either of Feyenoord, AZ Alkmaar or FC Twente in the semifinals of the competition.

**Emmanuel Chinaza
Photo Credit : willem-ii.nl

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26436

(1) (2) (3) ... (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: samtol4(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.