Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,495 members, 7,861,426 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:06 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11932371 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2776) (2777) (2778) (2779) (2780) (2781) (2782) ... (16338) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2018
Take this from me. BALOGUN IS GOING TO RUSSIA. And yes it would be purely on MERIT. #NoMuchTalkReally

darkelf:

I'm not absolutely questioning his inclusion.

It's just that he had hardly gotten game time of recent and his form has dipped.

If this continues (and I hope it doesn't), then frankly speaking, his making the squad won't be purely on merit

Now, I hope he regains his form. Dude worked hard for us to get to the mundial

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Overseas offers pour in for CHAN Eagles stars Faleye, Kalu Orji, Gabriel

The CHAN Eagles are already reaping the benefits of their heroics at this year’s CHAN in Morocco as no fewer than six of them are now considering overseas offers.

SCORENigeria investigations have shown that two top clubs are jostling for 19-year-old Sunday Faleye, who enjoyed to great games against Rwanda and Libya at the CHAN.

An elbow dislocation will rule him out of the semi-final and final of the tournament.
We further gathered that defender Kalu Orji could also be heading back to Europe after a short-lived spell in Albania last year as he is now processing his travel papers to Kazakhstan after he received a concrete offer from that country.

Striker Gabriel Okechukwu, who scored the winners in both the quarterfinal and semi-final has received a rash of offers from Russia, Norway and Switzerland with that of Moroccan giants Raja Casablanca already public knowledge.

Eagles oldest player at CHAN, Rabiu Ali, has also been a target of a number of clubs in Asia.
This was the second appearance of the 37-year-old Kano Pillars midfielder at the tournament having also featured when Nigeria finished third four years ago in South Africa.
And even before CHAN, Stephen Eze and Eneji have reached an agreement with foreign clubs.

Giant central defender Eze has joined Bulgarian club Levski Plodiv, while nippy winger Eneji is expected at La Liga side Villarreal.
Eneji was scouted during last year’s WAFU Cup in Ghana, from where midfielder Afeez Aremu has since signed for IK Start of Norway.
Striker Kingsley Eduwo, who qualified Nigeria to 2018 CHAN, is already banging in the goals for new Tunisian club CS Sfaxien
Ibrahim Alhassan ‘Muazzam’ and Stephen Odey have since the CHAN qualifying playoffs against Benin last year moved to Austria Wien and FC Zurich, respectively.

Who is going where after CHAN?

Sunday Faleye – Austrian clubs

Gabriel Okechukwu – Russia, Norway, Raja Casablanca

Kalu Orji – Kazakhstan

Rabiu Ali – Asia, Africa

Peter Eneji – Villarreal

**By Kola Daniel just back from Morocco

Source: http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/02/06/overseas-offers-pour-in-for-chan-eagles-stars-faleye-kalu-orji-gabriel/&hl=en-NG&tg=206&tk=11898708927432448265

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 127 days to go
37 years old Rabiu Ali? this gonna be a record signing.

Kalu Orji-Kazakhstan?better to remain in NPFL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Overseas offers pour in for CHAN Eagles stars Faleye, Kalu Orji, Gabriel

The CHAN Eagles are already reaping the benefits of their heroics at this year’s CHAN in Morocco as no fewer than six of them are now considering overseas offers.

SCORENigeria investigations have shown that two top clubs are jostling for 19-year-old Sunday Faleye, who enjoyed to great games against Rwanda and Libya at the CHAN.

An elbow dislocation will rule him out of the semi-final and final of the tournament.
We further gathered that defender Kalu Orji could also be heading back to Europe after a short-lived spell in Albania last year as he is now processing his travel papers to Kazakhstan after he received a concrete offer from that country.

Striker Gabriel Okechukwu, who scored the winners in both the quarterfinal and semi-final has received a rash of offers from Russia, Norway and Switzerland with that of Moroccan giants Raja Casablanca already public knowledge.

Eagles oldest player at CHAN, Rabiu Ali, has also been a target of a number of clubs in Asia.
This was the second appearance of the 37-year-old Kano Pillars midfielder at the tournament having also featured when Nigeria finished third four years ago in South Africa.
And even before CHAN, Stephen Eze and Eneji have reached an agreement with foreign clubs.

Giant central defender Eze has joined Bulgarian club Levski Plodiv, while nippy winger Eneji is expected at La Liga side Villarreal.
Eneji was scouted during last year’s WAFU Cup in Ghana, from where midfielder Afeez Aremu has since signed for IK Start of Norway.
Striker Kingsley Eduwo, who qualified Nigeria to 2018 CHAN, is already banging in the goals for new Tunisian club CS Sfaxien
Ibrahim Alhassan ‘Muazzam’ and Stephen Odey have since the CHAN qualifying playoffs against Benin last year moved to Austria Wien and FC Zurich, respectively.

Who is going where after CHAN?

Sunday Faleye – Austrian clubs

Gabriel Okechukwu – Russia, Norway, Raja Casablanca

Kalu Orji – Kazakhstan

Rabiu Ali – Asia, Africa

Peter Eneji – Villarreal

**By Kola Daniel just back from Morocco

Source: http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/02/06/overseas-offers-pour-in-for-chan-eagles-stars-faleye-kalu-orji-gabriel/&hl=en-NG&tg=206&tk=11898708927432448265

And the exodus continues.

Yet again, the best have been sieved out.

All thanks to CHAN.

Meanwhile this is a tournament that is designed to encourage them to stay and develop their local leagues.

I am happy for Faleye and Eneji. And I recommend them to the New Flying Eagles coach. This should be the real aim of the CHAN- talents discovery.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahahahahaha...
funny thing is there were a couple of times I would skip such long note lectures and simply pick them up and have them photocopied after class due to other major stuffs I had to attend to. Medical school is fun if one knows how to balance his other life goals with it. wink

So I am safe then? But why "lie detector"? Here to scrutinise every poster's comment and reveal the lies? wink cheesy Loooollllll

you're safe bro. Name was birthed during GEJ's lie detector incident. Jettisoned my previous moniker because I was beginning to love the huge attention this handle affords me(not saying I'm an attention seeker tho). This thread is one of those threads I'd least expect lies to thrive. Trust me to bust'em should I come across any grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2018
Kog45:
Yes Etebo have the same opportunity like other 34 players to fight for a place.

Truly 35 players would be in camp but i can tell you the following 10 players are sure bet baring any injury Mikel Obi,Victor Moses,Leon Balogun,Ekong Troost, Wilfred Ndidi,*Onazi Ogenyi,Odion Ighalo,Kelechi Iheanacho,Shehu Abdullahi and Alex Iwobi.
don't forget...rohr loves etebor also...I remember his love for etebor all started after his 4 goals against Japan in the last Olympic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2018
NFF, Cadbury to exchange signed contracts in Lagos

The Nigeria Football Federation and Cadbury Nigeria Plc are set to exchange signed documents that have now conferred on the beverage company’s product, Tom Tom, the title of ‘Official Candy of the Super Eagles’ .
Listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange since February 1976, Cadbury Nigeria Plc is Nigeria’s leading beverages and confectioneries’ manufacturing company.

“The Nigeria Football Federation is pleased to have finally signed this worthwhile agreement with Cadbury Nigeria Plc. We appreciate what Cadbury Nigeria Plc has done for Nigerian Football over the years and that is why we embraced them immediately an approach was made.

“Candies are for champions. The Super Eagles remain a champion team and Cadbury Nigeria Plc is also a champion establishment. I strongly believe the company will enjoy the new experience even better than its previous romance with Nigerian Football,” NFF President, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, said in Lagos.

Mr. Mike Itemuagbor, Chairman of Pamodzi Sports Marketing Limited, the Sponsorship Agency, offered: “The agreement is for a period of three years in the initial period, and renewable. It makes Tom Tom the ‘Official Candy of the Super Eagles,’ but all other details will be made known at the contracts’ exchange ceremony.

“As a Sponsorship Agency, we have the responsibility to ensure that both organizations derive fulfilment from the relationship, and we are fully committed to doing just that.”

Source: http://www.thenff.com/2018/02/nff-cadbury-to-exchange-signed-contracts-in-lagos/

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2018
You are not far from the truth at all Sir Royalty. But let us also remember that at the Olympics Etebo played mostly as an LM/LW.

Humility017:

don't forget...rohr loves etebor also...I remember his love for etebor all started after his 4 goals against Japan in the last Olympic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2018
Kog45:
Thank you,i just don't know why we always takes things personally especially football, the man Salisu as you said may be technically deficient but that doesn't give us audacity to curse him.

I know if he is a white man trust some Nigerians fans they would make excuse for him,why are we always harsh on our local coaches and even home based players, this thing should stop,let's criticise with a balance minds.

Yes he lost the final by 4 nil but we should know it's final though the team was poor but there are ways we should knock the team not cursing.

Salisu is not as technically/tactically deficient as we paint it.

Look at that Sudan game. Apart from Ajiboye's heroics Salisu's tactics was a strong factor. Even playing one man down for about half of the second half.

He went with a team that is generally not technically gifted. The team improved with each game only to come down crashing in the final.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:12pm On Feb 06, 2018
Kog45:

the NPFL will not pay his bills, cloth or feed his family...
dude have few years to kick football round the pitch...so he gotta make as much dollars as he can....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
You are not far from the truth at all Sir Royalty. But let us also remember that at the Olympics Etebo played mostly as an LM/LW.

there is a huge possibility of etebor and Moses Simon making the world cup list...

especially wit etebor current transfer to the Spanish league...his debut was a spark and I think he gonna get enough game time to make waves...

you're right etebor is one of the few under utilised player in the SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:16pm On Feb 06, 2018
Loooolll... oshey lies buster... cheesy You are welcome oooo.... hahaha

And yeah, the GEJ lie detector incident... Hahahahahahahahaha.. I recall many jokes made about it. So that explains your moniker's origins. Interesting wink

Welcome to the house again Oga Liedetector.... sadly we got no swoard of truth or confessor here.. but I can make arrangement for a room of truth. wink Enjoy your stay...

LieDetector:
you're safe bro. Name was birthed during GEJ's lie detector incident. Jettisoned my previous moniker because I was beginning to love the huge attention this handle affords me(not saying I'm an attention seeker tho). This thread is one of those threads I'd least expect lies to thrive. Trust me to bust'em should I come across any grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2018
Oh yea, Ndidi started on the bench, right? I can't remember the exact line up in that game ... it's been a while grin

O pari

tbaba1234:

It is not his favorite role but he is better at it than the attacking roles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:22pm On Feb 06, 2018
I think Rohr would play 3-5-2 in Russia ... at least, against Croatia and Argentina. For some reasons, I think Rohr likes Awazien and he would like to make him a starter. In addition, I think it would make sense to play with two DMs against stronger teams like Croatia and Argentina.

O pari

TheSuperNerd:
Good.... CM (box-to-box) is one of Etebo's best two positions. The other is LM.

You are right that he is not in direct competition with Onazi. But the thing is this. If Mikel and Ndidi are sure starters, then the other third midfield slot (depending on the formation we play) will fall to one of Onazi, Etebo or Ogu.

If Etebo is picked, it means Ndidi plays DM, while Etebo plays CM.

If Onazi is picked, it means Onazi plays DM while Ndidi plays CM.

If Ogu is picked, it means we get to see how they both played against Argentina with Mikel. wink

It all boils down to Tactics and formation chosen. But in the end, people must remember that Onazi is assistant Super Eagles Captain and is a favorite to start games too.

Our starting WC midfield is still likely to be Mikel-Ndidi-Onazi. Changes will be subject to tactical tweaks and more. Time will tell.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mumemma: 7:24pm On Feb 06, 2018
Musa makes it 3-0

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:26pm On Feb 06, 2018
Icon79:
I think Rohr would play 3-5-2 in Russia ... at least, against Croatia and Argentina. For some reasons, I think Rohr likes Awazien and he would like to make him a starter. In addition, I think it would make sense to play with two DMs against stronger teams like Croatia and Argentina.

O pari

On the formation Rohr wants to adopt, let's see the next few friendlies first.

And I still insist that if Rohr wants to fully adopt the 3-5-2 it means a good number of our Full backs and wingers would be surplus to requirements.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2018
Yea, personally, I would prefer to have him as a LWF instead of Simon Moses. He may lack Simon's speed and trickery but he provides a better scoring threat than Simon and he'll provide better defensive cover as well. On current SE form, I think Ndidi and Onazi already have the DM positions under lock for now.

O pari

Danielnino00:

Me thinks Etebo will do better as a CMF or Winger.. he's got a lot of energy and he's a hard tackler...
Rohr is trying to make him Mikel's deputy and that's obviously not working....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 7:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
A. Musa net a brace against elche. Match still ongoing..

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:34pm On Feb 06, 2018
Yea, that's the problem. And I don't think that we'll have the technical discipline to play 3-4-3 either. Anyway, we'll need to watch Ebuehi and Idowu a few more times to decide if they are legit wing backs.

All in all, I think we're frontloaded in certain positions (DM/CM/AM) and drastically lacking in some areas (goalkeeping, CF) sad

O pari

Icon4s:

On the formation Rohr wants to adopt, let's see the next few friendlies first.

And I still insist that if Rohr wants to fully adopt the 3-5-2 it means a good number of our Full backs and wingers would be surplus to requirements.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
Bros, some of the countries our boys play in often make you scratch your head grin

O pari

Kog45:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:49pm On Feb 06, 2018
Humility017:

Sir this is not about love or hate.

My list is based on their performance during WC qualifier.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Too harsh for a man who gave us our best record in the CHAN and a man who has given so much for Nigerian football. Salisu Yusuf deserves more respect than this.

Abegi... Make I hear word

This is how your people support and celebrate mediocrity

The team he paraded, do not play football like the Nigerians that I know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:32pm On Feb 06, 2018
Humility017:

the NPFL will not pay his bills, cloth or feed his family...
dude have few years to kick football round the pitch...so he gotta make as much dollars as he can....
Oh not against their move especially Rabiu Ali at age 37 good for him but Orji going to Kazakhstan not something good even Eze's Bulgaria deal,better to play in South Africa or north Africa leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aadvark: 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2018
DrKlever:
The designs won't be that which has been made already. Tomorrow, we can appraise or condemn what we see.
Well, let's wait and see. I'm strongly in favour of bringing back the '94 kit though

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:04pm On Feb 06, 2018
NFF and sponsorships
Last week was NBC (unveiling this Friday) now it's Cadbury. Kudos I must say
Everyone likes to be associated with success. Success must be a beautiful bride

TheSuperNerd:
NFF, Cadbury to exchange signed contracts in Lagos

The Nigeria Football Federation and Cadbury Nigeria Plc are set to exchange signed documents that have now conferred on the beverage company’s product, Tom Tom, the title of ‘Official Candy of the Super Eagles’ .
Listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange since February 1976, Cadbury Nigeria Plc is Nigeria’s leading beverages and confectioneries’ manufacturing company.

“The Nigeria Football Federation is pleased to have finally signed this worthwhile agreement with Cadbury Nigeria Plc. We appreciate what Cadbury Nigeria Plc has done for Nigerian Football over the years and that is why we embraced them immediately an approach was made.

“Candies are for champions. The Super Eagles remain a champion team and Cadbury Nigeria Plc is also a champion establishment. I strongly believe the company will enjoy the new experience even better than its previous romance with Nigerian Football,” NFF President, Mr. Amaju Melvin Pinnick, said in Lagos.

Mr. Mike Itemuagbor, Chairman of Pamodzi Sports Marketing Limited, the Sponsorship Agency, offered: “The agreement is for a period of three years in the initial period, and renewable. It makes Tom Tom the ‘Official Candy of the Super Eagles,’ but all other details will be made known at the contracts’ exchange ceremony.

“As a Sponsorship Agency, we have the responsibility to ensure that both organizations derive fulfilment from the relationship, and we are fully committed to doing just that.”

Source: http://www.thenff.com/2018/02/nff-cadbury-to-exchange-signed-contracts-in-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2018
aadvark:
Well, let's wait and see. I'm strongly in favour of bringing back the '94 kit though
lol what's so special about the 94 kits that you so much love it and want a repeat?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:13pm On Feb 06, 2018
The same Musa some people were insulting and calling a "finished" player.
darkelf:

Confirmed news.

Just scored for CSKA Moscow against elche
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:13pm On Feb 06, 2018
Musa scores a brace today

I celebrate with him and wish him more success with CSKA Moscow

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2018
Tammy A . 2goals 1 assist, ... he may even score more .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2018
somehow:
The same Musa some people were insulting and calling a "finished" player.

As far as I am concerned,musa has never been fantastic for Gwg asyde dt argies match in 2014.

Maybe we don't knw aw to harness its potential here to bring out something positive for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magink: 10:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
Guys check out this Twitter handle@esvaphane, he has the pictures of our new Nike Jersey. I can't post the pictures here, Please if you can post it for all to see.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:40pm On Feb 06, 2018
elyte89:

As far as I am concerned,musa has never been fantastic for Gwg asyde dt argies match in 2014.
Maybe we don't knw aw to harness its potential here to bring out something positive for us.

False, at some point, Musa was easily our best player even though he could be frustrating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:43pm On Feb 06, 2018
Magink:
Guys check out this Twitter handle@esvaphane, he has the pictures of our new Nike Jersey. I can't post the pictures here, Please if you can post it for all to see.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2776) (2777) (2778) (2779) (2780) (2781) (2782) ... (16338) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jefersoun, Christology(m), elyte89, jolly94, Oasis007(m), zicky(m), charlesemeka85(m), jihday(m), Goke7, Joebie, viccy12 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.