Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11659509 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2016
Nigeria Olympic Goalkeeper Reacts To Links
With CAF & PSL Champions Mamelodi Sundowns

Following reports of interest in his services from
Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa, Nigeria U-23 shot stopper Emmanuel Daniel has for the first time commented on the links.

Higly rated Daniel kept goal for the Nigeria U-23
team that won bronze at the Rio 2016 Olympics
and has also trained with the Nigeria senior
national team, and he is presently preparing with Nigeria Champions Enugu Rangers ahead of their campaign in the CAF Champions League.

The Enugu Rangers shot stopper gave his
reaction to recent reports linking him to the CAF
Champions League and Premier South Africa
League kings in a chat with Owngoalnigeria.com, from the camp of Enugu Rangers in Benin City, Edo State.

”I was told of the interest by close friends and
teammates but am yet to be contacted officially. I heard they contacted Rangers but since I
resumed have not been told a thing by anybody” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”I must confess there was contact between me
and a Nigerian agent based in South Africa but
that was a long time ago, way before the
Olympics and since then we have not talked”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/16/9202/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Yes but his father had contact with him and he even stayed in Nigeria for 6 months.

Bros, you will know some people are very mischievous with the truth.

How can dey say his father never had contact or father stayed in US while he left him in London when dey don't know anything.

Dey should have believed his mother's report and move on rather than trying to find.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
Iwobi Inspires Arsenal French Wonderkid
Reine-Adelaide

In an interview to the official website of
Arsenal, Jeff Reine-Adelaide reckons that
Nigeria international Alex Iwobi’s rapid progression has made other youngsters at the
Emirates believe they can achieve their dreams
of playing for the first team.

The France U19 international played alongside
Iwobi in the youth team before the Nigerian was
fully promoted to the first team squad in February 2016.

“He is a very relaxed person away from the pitch. He loves to muck about with the other players and have a good laugh, but importantly, he knows how to distinguish between things on and off the pitch.

“That’s one of the things I like most about him, ”Reine-Adelaide told arsenal.com.

He added : “The main thing is always to keep
trying and believing," Reine-Adelaide said. "Even
if you are young, you can have ambitions and
achieve them.

“Alex has helped lots of youngsters see that if you keep going and work hard, you will make it one day.”

Iwobi, 20, has 35 appearances under his belt
since he made his debut for the Gunners in a
League Cup game against Sheffield Wednesday in October 2015.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21097
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
WHEN YOU GUYS ARE READY TO CONTINUE DISCUSSIONS ABOUT OUR RISING NEW GOLDEN GENERATION OF SUPER EAGLES PLAYERS/TALENTS AS A TEAM.... AND NOT INDULGE IN ALLI FAMILY GOSSIP, MAYBE THINGS WILL RETURN TO NORMAL on this thread again...... This is what happens when you allow a troll like Forgiveness take the mic.... Dele Alli plays for England now... And he will have a great career with them. Wish him the best and move on....

There was nothing wrong with saying lets not make the same mistake as Alaba and Dele seeing the amount of anglo players available it was just a reminder to us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
Bonfrere Jo: Super Eagles Punished Algeria
For Stupid Tactics

Dutch-born former Nigeria coach, Jo Bonfrere has heaped plaudits on Super Eagles for dealing
appropriately with Desert Foxes in Sunday's
Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier at the
Godswill Akpabio International Stadium Uyo,
Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Bonfrere, who had predicted a tough clash
against the Algerians, praised the Super Eagles'
performance on the night, especially the huge
scoreline as well as being able to capitalise on the defensive frailties of the North Africans in the match.

Bonfrere remarked that Algeria made the game
much easier for the Super Eagles by falling back
deep right from the kick off.

"It is a good result for the Super Eagles and I
congratulate them," Bonfrere said Wednesday
when Completesportsnigeria.com put a call
through to him, in his native country, Holland.

"They played well, they showed much hunger for victory and Algeria made it easier with a defensive tactics.

"It's stupid to go back and defend against a
Super Eagles team with great talents.

"When you defend too much, you make stupid
mistakes, and Eagles punished them for that."
The Dutch tactician who guided Nigeria U-23s to
gold medal win in 1996 Atlanta Olympics said
now that the Super Eagles are in the driving seat for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers, they can only have themselves to blame if they miss the ticket.

"There is great quality in the Super Eagles. They are young, experienced and determined, and this has shown in their games so far.

"So far, their tactics is working as they are top on the group.

"If they push further hard, why not? Cameroon,
the next match? It's important the Eagles win.

"If they win, yes, they can win in (Uyo) Nigeria
and after that, you are close to the ticket,"
Bonfrere enthused.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/bonfrere-jo-super-eagles-punished-algeria-stupid-tactics/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Yes but his father had contact with him and he even stayed in Nigeria for 6 months.

When he was a kid... What was the communication like when he moved to his foster home? Did the father reach out to the foster parents? The mum is talking about not speaking to the foster mum for a long time, Does that sound healthy? She saw her son only once a month since he was 13.

See, i know someone who was adopted... some of her direct family members hardly communicate with her. Infact, her grown-up eldest blood sister has not seen her since she was adopted about 5 years. She stays just about 1/2 hours away.

She is a young girl now and the only family she knows is her adopted family. If she becomes big and famous someday and her family try to get close to her, she could resent them and deny them access.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
tbaba1234:
For players like Balogun and Troost, it is very likely that their fathers were part of their lives and gave them that connection with Nigeria. Alli did not have that.
I think Victor Moses has a far more pathetic story if we want to make excuses for why players shouldn't rep us.

What Dele needs, is to purge himself from all that resentment and bitterness. Victor Moses did that and look how happy he is now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
Yeah... Reminders indeed.

Reminders that have turned this thread into a Dele Alli family gossip show.

We keep mentioning foreign-borns on this thread.... We are talking of beefing up our team with other foreign-borns/breds of Nigerian blood and you tell me he's reminding us... Reminding us of what exactly??

This is how he made the ignorant remark of Nigeria ignoring Ovie Ejaria at U-17 and U-20 levels not knowing he was in Manu Garba's plans all along and even in Amuneke's plans for 2017 U-20 WC (unfortunately we wont be there).

In 2013, Arsenal and GCSE exams stopped Ovie from playing at UAE 2013 alongside Nacho and co...

In 2015, Liverpool stopped Ovie from teaming up with Nigeria's U-20s.

What could Manu and Nigeria have done naa?

That is not to say Nigeria hasnt been slack on certain talents but again DONT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE NIGERIA IS PROUD to approach any foreign-born/bred...

Can we return to the thread's scope of discourse please?

BascoVanVeli:

There was nothing wrong with saying lets not make the same mistake as Alaba and Dele seeing the amount of anglo players available it was just a reminder to us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2016
safarigirl:
I think Victor Moses has a far more pathetic story if we want to make excuses for why players shouldn't rep us.

What Dele needs, is to purge himself from all that resentment and bitterness. Victor Moses did that and look how happy he is now.

Moses grew up with his Nigerian Uncle so he was still connected to Nigeria in that sense.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
I didnt even wanna mention Moses whose parents were killed by "NIGERIANS" in a riot.

I dont wanna fuel the Alli gossip show's discussion. It's irrelevant to this thread. Can we just drop it? Plsss

safarigirl:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Moses grew up with his Nigerian Uncle so he was still connected to Nigeria in that sense.
I guess growing up with a Nigerian uncle will stop you from resenting everything a country whose people orphaned you stands for.

Growing up with an uncle or anyone who isn't yoir biological parent is not as rosy as anyone should assume in Nigeria.

So no, I do not think that makes Victor's agreement to play for us any less easier.

Dele has issues, we need not justify the issues or elaborate them. Just say it as is, he should sort himself out. Playing for England won't stop the issues from resurfacing, so, he better sit down and sort them out rather than blaming whoever.

Anyway, he never would have played for us, since he has issues

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
safarigirl:
I guess growing up with a Nigerian uncle will stop you from resenting everything a country whose people orphaned you stands for.

Growing up with an uncle or anyone who isn't yoir biological parent is not as rosy as anyone should assume in Nigeria.

So no, I do not think that makes Victor's agreement to play for us any less easier.

Dele has issues, we need not justify the issues or elaborate them. Just say it as is, he should sort himself out. Playing for England won't stop the issues from resurfacing, so, he better sit down and sort them out rather than blaming whoever.

What i am saying is simple, Moses was still connected with Nigeria. Alli wasn't. His only connection to Nigeria was not available growing up.

Ofcourse, it was possible for Moses to still have deep resentment against Nigeria and decide not to have anything to do with it but it appears that he has been able to deal with it. Alli needs to work through his own issues.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah... Reminders indeed.

Reminders that have turned this thread into a Dele Alli family gossip show.

We keep mentioning foreign-borns on this thread.... We are talking of beefing up our team with other foreign-borns/breds of Nigerian blood and you tell me he's reminding us... Reminding us of what exactly??

This is how he made the ignorant remark of Nigeria ignoring Ovie Ejaria at U-17 and U-20 levels not knowing he was in Manu Garba's plans all along and even in Amuneke's plans for 2017 U-20 WC (unfortunately we wont be there).

In 2013, Arsenal and GCSE exams stopped Ovie from playing at UAE 2013 alongside Nacho and co...

In 2015, Liverpool stopped Ovie from teaming up with Nigeria's U-20s.

What could Manu and Nigeria have done naa?

That is not to say Nigeria hasnt been slack on certain talents but again DONT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE NIGERIA IS PROUD to approach any foreign-born/bred...

Can we return to the thread's scope of discourse please?

He can remind us of wat he wants na, he is a grown man na, u can say u don't like it but its up to him to stop unless u've created mind control in ur lab smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
Actually I have...... Loollll **suspicious... Like how did he know? Lucky guess maybe... Yara Yara is leaking my files again huh?**

I have but the ethics of its application are still being discussed and also I wouldnt wanna use such on him.... He's a grown man like you've just pointed out... grin

BascoVanVeli:

He can remind us of wat he wants na, he is a grown man na, u can say u don't like it but its up to him to stop unless u've created mind control in ur lab smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
safarigirl:

I don't see bitterness i see a kid who never wants to be poor again. From his first chance in the epl u could see his hunger and toughness, we have to also remember he grew up in the streets so he has that nasty streak in him. Honestly we won't miss him so much but one can only wonder especially the better he does.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

I don't see bitterness i see a kid who never wants to be poor again. From his first chance in the epl u could see his hunger and toughness, we have to also remember he grew up in the streets so he has that nasty streak in him. Honestly we won't miss him so much but one can only wonder especially the better he does.

He did not grow up on the streets though. From the time, he was 13, he lived with a relatively affluent family. We can't judge him becauss we do not know the full story.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
Well said Safari... Well said... smiley

OKAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH PEOPLE.... CAN WE DROP THIS NOW?... Safarigirl's post sums it all up

safarigirl:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Actually I have...... Loollll **suspicious... Like how did he know? Lucky guess maybe... Yara Yara is leaking my files again huh?**

I have but the ethics of its application are still being discussed and also I wouldnt wanna use such on him.... He's a grown man like you've just pointed out... grin

i have said it before and will say it again, you guys should stop calling people trolls or haters just because of their preference or they way they talk, we are not the same you know?

And every single time you keep on mentioning that one mistake he made concerning Ejaria, we all have made mistakes. In fact I remember there was this basketball argument you had with... was it Bascon? And he totally destroyed you then and yet you didn't want to admit you lost, yet nobody ever mentions that around here anymore, that's the spirit we want, not the kind of spirit that tells you to call another a troll and to repeatedly recall his mistakes

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2016
Oga... Hate it or love it... The word "troll" is actually evident among us. Until it stops I wont stop calling such out..... smiley

Ejaria being one mistake?? Loollll... He's made myriads of such... I just dont wanna talk too much. He's always on his "silly crusade" of Nigeria being too proud to approach the foreign-borns/breds.

And Sir Bascovanveli will admit I was right on why Michael Jordan was called Air Jordan... So dont even go there. YOU'RE IGNORANT OF THAT FACT. It was neva about his dunks but HIS "AIR-TIME"... Dont jump into something you are abosultely ignorant of #enoughSaid

So if you dont like the word troll.... Then close your eyes to it.... Or berra still stop the "troll" from trolling coz if he does such again... I will always do what I do to maintain the thread's sanity. smiley

Note: You obviously hate the word "troll" so much because when you walked in at first, you did something similar... Hitting so hard on Mikel and calling him useless.

Then when a certain lordabas did same and even dissed Iheanacho. You jumped to his defence.

Mickael2... The defender of trolls.... smiley

Mickael2:

i have said it before and will say it again, you guys should stop calling people trolls or haters just because of their preference or they way they talk, we are not the same you know?

And every single time you keep on mentioning that one mistake he made concerning Ejaria, we all have made mistakes. In fact I remember there was this basketball argument you had with... was it Bascon? And he totally destroyed you then and yet you didn't want to admit you lost, yet nobody ever mentions that around here anymore, that's the spirit we want, not the kind of spirit that tells you to call another a troll and to repeatedly recall his mistakes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

U bring up a different foriegner in ur arguements so i don't See the big deal in bringing up a Nigerian doing well no matter what country he plays for, we can have dual citizenship for a reason so playing for England does not make him non Nigerian.

Please, the point does not relate. Talking about how Suarez plays or the impact of Gundogan in City is not the same as drooling and wishing a player who plays for another National team play for us.

There is no need crying over spilled milk. Alaba and Dele Alli are not playing for us. He should get over it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
forgiveness:

So you know pass em mama, ba?

Is that delusion of the highest order on ya part? grin

So in your Foreign affairs and Policy Dictionary, snubbing a father who traveled from US to England to see his son is close relationship. Do not make me laugh.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
tbaba1234:
Alli's link with Nigeria is through his father.If he does not have a good relationship with him, it was always unlikely for him to play for Nigeria.

The fact that he cut relationship with his parents to the extent of removing his last name from his jersey shows the extent of his resentment. None of us know what he has been through. His father is coming from Houston to see his games now but where was he when the boy was growing up??

Alli can hate his father. My own is, let someone not try to make it look like close relationship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Please, the point does not relate. Talking about how Suarez plays or the impact of Gundogan in City is not the same as drooling and wishing a player who plays for another National team play for us.

There is no need crying over spilled milk. Alaba and Dele Alli are not playing for us. He should get over it.

That doesn't vindicate name calling and a full day of research into a players personal life.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

So in your Foreign affairs and Policy Dictionary, snubbing a father who traveled from US to England to see his son is close relationship. Do not make me laugh.

Would his father make that visit if they were not close at some point in time?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Even the Bible was written for reproof and correction, how much more common mortal can't be used as point of reference?

I continue to refer to it as my point of reference whenever I think it is necessary. grin

If you like make you dey think about ya ex.... na you sabi. Me, I have taken. grin

Alaba, Dele Alli, Barkley (Effanga) in Toni Braxton voice forgiveness sings:

Unbreak My Heart,
Say You Love Me Again,
Undo This Hurt You Caused,
When You Walked Out The Door,
And Walked Out Of My Liiiiife.

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:21pm On Nov 16, 2016
Exactly why I said this Alli Gossip show should end!!!!

BascoVanVeli:

That doesn't vindicate name calling and a full day of research into a players personal life.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Would his father make that visit if they were not close at some point in time?

If a guy goes to a girl's house to show her he loves her and she snubs him, is that a close relationship in your Foreign affairs Dictionary?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

He did not grow up on the streets though. From the time, he was 13, he lived with a relatively affluent family. We can't judge him becauss we do not know the full story.

So you think he forgot the 13 years of living with his mother and the street life.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Did I call anyone names? I said, breaking head for them is uncalled for. I even said, we should hope he reconnects with his mum.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2016
Raises his voice to falsetto:

Uncry These Tears,
I Cried So Many Nights.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

When he was a kid... What was the communication like when he moved to his foster home? Did the father reach out to the foster parents? The mum is talking about not speaking to the foster mum for a long time, Does that sound healthy? She saw her son only once a month since he was 13.

See, i know someone who was adopted... some of her direct family members hardly communicate with her. Infact, her grown-up eldest blood sister has not seen her since she was adopted about 5 years. She stays just about 1/2 hours away.

She is a young girl now and the only family she knows is her adopted family. If she becomes big and famous someday and her family try to get close to her, she could resent them and deny them access.

Dele was never legally adopted and there is nothing wrong if he stays with his foster parents.

The boy even agreed and came once in a while to stay with her mother. He also had contact with his father in the past.

Recently, something went wrong. Simple thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Dele was never legally adopted and there is nothing wrong if he stays with his foster parents.

The boy even agreed and came once in a while to stay with her mother. He also had contact with his father in the past.

Recently, something went wrong. Simple thing.

It is not 'recent'... It has deep roots. He replied his sister that the father was never there.

The talk about being close to the father was made by the mum that only saw him, once a month.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Suzzytee05(f), elyte89, do4luv14(m), comodo, TheSuperNerd(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.