Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11662383 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

He did not grow up on the streets though. From the time, he was 13, he lived with a relatively affluent family. We can't judge him becauss we do not know the full story.

Then, why conclude, his father left him when his mother already told you 'HE IS VERY CLOSE TO HIS FATHER'?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Then, why conclude, his father left him when his mother already told you 'HE IS VERY CLOSE TO HIS FATHER'?

The mum that saw him only once a month. Only Dele can tell us the full story.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

It is not 'recent'... It has deep roots. He replied his sister that the father was never there.

The talk about being close to the father was made by the mum that only saw him, once a month.

How did you know? Did you live him? Do you know more than his mother?

Fear naija. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

The mum that saw him only once a month. Only Dele can tell us the full story.

Bros, I saw my parents once in a month too, from when I was 1- 10 years old but it doesn't tell the story of my deepest love for dem.

You see, just follow wetin em mama talk first, troway ya own thoughts until Dele speaks and stop reading unnecessary meaning to the whole thing just to prove a point. It doesn't make one wise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Oga... Hate it or love it... The word "troll" is actually evident among us. Until it stops I wont stop calling such out..... smiley

Ejaria being one mistake?? Loollll... He's made myriads of such... I just dont wanna talk too much. He's always on his "silly crusade" of Nigeria being too proud to approach the foreign-borns/breds.

And Sir Bascovanveli will admit I was right on why Michael Jordan was called Air Jordan... So dont even go there. YOU'RE IGNORANT OF THAT FACT. It was neva about his dunks but HIS "AIR-TIME"... Dont jump into something you are abosultely ignorant of #enoughSaid

So if you dont like the word troll.... Then close your eyes to it.... Or berra still stop the "troll" from trolling coz if he does such again... I will always do what I do to maintain the thread's sanity. smiley

Note: You obviously hate the word "troll" so much because when you walked in at first, you did something similar... Hitting so hard on Mikel and calling him useless.

Then when a certain lordabas did same and even dissed Iheanacho. You jumped to his defence.

Mickael2... The defender of trolls.... smiley

TheSuperNerd. That was too harsh. Haba. Do not lash out like that Mickael2 is one of the good guys here. forgiveness is a regular. Even if some of us do not like his hinging on players who are not playing for us, do not lash so hard.

At the end, we all want the Super Eagles to Rule.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Bros, I saw my parents once in a month too, from when I was 1- 10 years old but it doesn't tell the story of my deepest love for dem.

You see, just follow wetin em mama talk first, troway ya own thoughts until Dele speaks and stop reading unnecessary meaning to the whole thing just to prove a point. It doesn't make one wise.

“His sisters sent him a text message saying, ‘Come on, don’t be mean, your dad wants to see you’.

“Dele wrote back, ‘He’s never been there for me so why should I see him?’

From the article

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:01pm On Nov 16, 2016
We've heard enough of poor Dele and his sad childhood. Let's leave the English team's psychologists to deal with his issues and focus on those who concern us.

I personally don't think we'll even miss him, so why give him relevance he doesn't deserve? We have better prospects, we'll focus on them. We can talk about them.

Please, anyone who wants to talk of foreign borns should tell us of those who are still eligible to play for us and stop reminding us of those who have lost their eligibility. They are not our business anymore and we should give them that status.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

So in your Foreign affairs and Policy Dictionary, snubbing a father who traveled from US to England to see his son is close relationship. Do not make me laugh.

You sabi pass em mama?

Differentiate between past and present, then and now.

Stop arguing blindly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
I doubt that very much... Mickael2 has always looked for a way to hit me because I hit "trolls" and believe me, Yara Yara has told me to watch my back with such people.

And yeah... Forgiveness is a regular... A regular troll... smiley

If we all want Super Eagles to RULE... LIKE REALLY RULE... Then the Dele Alli Gossip show and other gossip shows like it should never come up again on this thread....

"We" named this thread "The new Super Eagles thread and the dawn of a new era" for Nigerian football not "the dawn and then a ground for discussions of what if Alli and his likes had turned out for us and other what ifs irrelevant to our football".

Alli is doing great with England and I hope he will go on to be a legend for them.

These "Cry-baby" matters are so irritating... Yara Yara cant stand it... I cant stand it... And I wont.

This thread has a focus and that should never be frustrated no matter what.

TheGoodJoe:

TheSuperNerd. That was too harsh. Haba. Do not lash out like that Mickael2 is one of the good guys here. forgiveness is a regular. Even if some of us do not like his hinging on players who are not playing for us, do not lash so hard.

At the end, we all want the Super Eagles to Rule.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
Mickael2:

i have said it before and will say it again, you guys should stop calling people trolls or haters just because of their preference or they way they talk, we are not the same you know?

And every single time you keep on mentioning that one mistake he made concerning Ejaria, we all have made mistakes. In fact I remember there was this basketball argument you had with... was it Bascon? And he totally destroyed you then and yet you didn't want to admit you lost, yet nobody ever mentions that around here anymore, that's the spirit we want, not the kind of spirit that tells you to call another a troll and to repeatedly recall his mistakes

He sounds like a communist but unfortunately dis is no North Korea. This is Federal Republic of Nigeria. grin

Leave him, let him continue with his delusion. If em tire em go face front. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I doubt that very much... Mickael2 has always looked for a way to hit me because I hit "trolls" and believe me, Yara Yara has told me to watch my back with such people.

And yeah... Forgiveness is a regular... A regular troll...

If we all want Super Eagles to RULE... LIKE REALLY RULE... Then the Dele Alli Gossip show and other gossip shows like it should never come up again on this thread....

We named the thread "The new Super Eagles thread and the dawn of a new era" for Nigerian football not "the dawn and then a ground for discussions of what if Alli and his likes had turned out for us and other what ifs irrelevant to our football".

Alli is doing great with England and I hope he will go on to be a legend for them.

This "Cry-baby" matters are so irritating... Yara Yara cant stand it... I cant stand it... And I wont.

I think we should give room for forgiveness to think of the players he wishes were in our team. If we give room for that, we can move on. But, reduce the anger and name calling. This thread promotes brotherhood. Try to stomach what you feel are personal attacks.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
forgiveness:

You sabi pass em mama?

Stop arguing blindly.

Does not feel a connection with his dad. Simple. If you like, keep bothering yourself for closeness.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

“His sisters sent him a text message saying, ‘Come on, don’t be mean, your dad wants to see you’.

“Dele wrote back, ‘He’s never been there for me so why should I see him?’

From the article

When last did he see his father? Was it dis year or last year?

His mother told us there was contact between him and his father dis year. But now a new development.

Difference between the past and the present. Simple thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
forgiveness:

You sabi pass em mama?

Stop arguing blindly.

Never been there = close relationship to you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Does not feel a connection with his dad. Simple. If you like, keep bothering yourself for closeness.

Who cares about what you feel? It is inconsequential, you know. grin

You know more than his mother, right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

And yeah... Forgiveness is a regular... A regular troll... smiley

"We" named this thread "The new Super Eagles thread and the dawn of a new era" for Nigerian football not "the dawn and then a ground for discussions of what if Alli and his likes had turned out for us and other what ifs irrelevant to our football".

These "Cry-baby" matters are so irritating... Yara Yara cant stand it... I cant stand it... And I wont.

we have always agreed on most cases so I do not understand where this your accusation is coming from. All I am against is name-calling, like TheGoodJoe aptly mentioned, we are trying to promote brotherhood, don't tell me that you call your brother a troll at home, not cool man

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dele Alli, come back to forgiveness. forgiveness sings to you in Celine Dion's voice.

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Who cares about what you feel? It is inconsequential, you know. grin

You know more than his mother, right?

I know the meaning of NEVER BEEN THERE FOR ME.

To you, that is long loving relationship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I know the meaning of NEVER BEEN THERE FOR ME.

To you, that is long loving relationship.

[/b]Speaking from his Houston home, Kenny said: “We have always had a good
relationship and I’m his dad.

“I saw Dele during my trip to England last year and we often text and chat on
the phone. I’m very proud of my son.”[/b]
shocked grin

Are you see what I saw? That is the words of his father. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
forgiveness:

b]Speaking from his Houston home, Kenny said: “We have always had a good

“I saw Dele during my trip to England last year and we often text and chat on
the phone. I’m very proud of my son.”[/b] shocked grin

Are you see what I saw? That is the words of his father. grin

It seems seeing once and texting and chatting is close relationship to you. Maybe in your dictionary, not mine.

Maybe to the dad, that was close relationship. To his son, it was, NEVER BEEN THERE FOR ME.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
It's not what I feel... It's what I see... Forgiveness keeps drumming on unimportant issues, issues irrelevant to our football... I come in and who's there to defend him because of the troll name... Mickael2.

Lordabas.... Strolls in and starts doing what Mickael2 initially did with mikel but this time Lordabas tackles Mikel and Iheanacho terming them useless and whatever with no analytical backing to his comments... I step in again and who's there to defend him because the name "troll" came up... Mickael2 again!!!!

I dont speak if I havent observed a moniker long enough.

I am more than super passionate about Nigerian football and was one of the first if not the first to ring the bell "Next super golden generation" and I wont stand by and watch a group of trolls take us off tangent...... Whether Mickeal2 likes the name, "troll" or not.

Okay... I'll find another name... But until then... "Troll" it is....

TheGoodJoe:

I think we should give room for forgiveness to think of the players he wishes were in our team. If we give room for that, we can move on. But, reduce the anger and name calling. This thread promotes brotherhood. Try to stomach what you feel are personal attacks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

It seems seeing once and texting and chatting is close relationship to you. Maybe in your dictionary, not mine.

Maybe to the dad, that was close relationship. To his son, it was, NEVER BEEN THERE FOR ME.

Hehehehe! grin Na only texting ya eyes see? grin

Oya see the @bolded below. grin

Speaking from his Houston home, Kenny said: “We have always had a good

“I saw Dele during my trip to England last year
and we often text and chat on
the phone. I’m very proud of my son.”[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2016
If my brother acts like a troll I will let him know without mincing words.... Even though I do it out of love as he's my brother.

I also guess it wasnt also cool of Jesus Christ to term the pharisees/scribes "brood of vipers" huh??

It's cool when it is the truth. If you people wanna maintain some fake peace here and allow some people walk in here and say whatever they like and take us off-tangent as often as they want, then sorry.... I dont buy that concept.

I love peace but only when it's real... People view these threads. They dont come here to read of some Dele Alli or Barkley Ross or Sidney Sam... They come here to read about the Nwakalis, the Iwobis, and many more all connected to the rising new Glory in Nigerian soccer.... We must not deviate and keep acting like silly cry-babies!!!

Yuck!

Mickael2:

we have always agreed on most cases so I do not understand where this your accusation is coming from. All I am against is name-calling, like TheGoodJoe aptly mentioned, we are trying to promote brotherhood, don't tell me that you call your brother a troll at home, not cool man

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! grin Na only texting ya eyes see? grin

Oya see the @bolded below. grin

Read what you quoted from the beginning.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Read what you quoted from the beginning.

Hehehehe! grin Very weak and funny. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

U are very wrong. No matter what ur father is ur father. There are people who spend their whole lives looking for a father that they have never seen before. Not living with ur dad does not mean u r not close to him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princesuko(m): 2:06am On Nov 17, 2016
Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli has decided to change his name on the reverse of his match shirt from 'Alli' to 'Dele', due to feeling "no connection" to the Alli surname.

Tottenham explained on their website that, while Alli will retain the number 20 shirt, he had elected to have the name 'DELE' displayed on the reverse of his match shirts.

The 20-year-old revealed the reason for the change was a personal one.

He said: "I wanted a name on my shirt that represented who I am and I feel I have no connection with the Alli surname.

"This is not a decision I have taken without a lot of thought and discussion with family close to me."

Think this should clear any more misconceptions. Now let's continue talking about Nigerians who play or will play for the Super Eagles in the future.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:10am On Nov 17, 2016
Musa Yahaya... Another Attacking beast waiting to be unleashed at FC Porto. This kid will make Porto fans forget Brahimi in the long run... Come on lad! smiley

Moses John.. Chider Ezeh also etc... smiley

( PICTURE): FC Porto Nigerian Trio (Yahaya,
Awaziem, Moses) Looking dapper In Suits At FC Porto Event

Three of the six Nigerians on the book of
Portuguese side FC Porto were well dressed and
good looking in suits at an event organised by the club few weeks ago.

Picture picked up by Owngoalnigeria.com can
confirm that the trio of Chidozie Awaziem, Musa
Yahaya and Moses John were at the event dressed in all black suits with shoes to match.

Awaziem who had his breakthrough last season is still waiting for his first appearance this season for the main team, although he has been a regular for the B team in the lower league.

On his part Yahaya who was signed from
Portimonense in a three way transfer that also
includes leaving Tottenham Hotspur on a
permanent base, has been training with the first
team which has in a way stopped his debut for
the B team, where he is expected to get games
before making the step up.

Former Mutunchi Academy prospect Moses John recently joined the U-18s of the club this
summer, bringing the number of Nigerians on the books of the club to six.

FC Porto other Nigerian players include Mikel Agu who is out on loan, Chidera Ezeh also out on loan and Samuel Chukwueze who will team up with the team once he clocks 18 next year.

See Picture below:

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/picture-fc-porto-nigerian-trio-yahaya-awaziem-moses-looking-dapper-in-suits-at-fc-porto-event/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:15am On Nov 17, 2016
Now if confirmed officially, then this is really good... Two friendlies per international window. smiley

Just what we wanted on this thread.....
FIFA-FREE WINDOW: Eagles, Senegal clash in
London

Sportinglife can reveal exclusively today that
chieftians of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have secured an international friendly between the Super Eagles and their Senegalese
counterparts at a yet to be named stadium in
London.

Sportinglife scooped further that the Senegalese game is the second of two matches that the Eagles would play in March 2017, the first been a game against an unnamed African country, with the venue yet to be disclosed.

Interestingly, Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr is expected to depart the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) tonight for France on vacation for an undisclosed period, since the Eagles don’t have matches until March 2017.

But those who should know at the Glasshouse
revealed that Rohr will cut his vacation to watch
the matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
holding in Gabon, where he is expected to watch two of Nigeria’s group opponents in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers, Cameroon and Algeria.

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/fifa-free-window-eagles-senegal-clash-london/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:21am On Nov 17, 2016
Gernot Rohr really has eyes "everywhere". smiley

Just when you think Amuzie who outshone Kingsley Madu at Rio 2016 has been forgotten..... But he needs to get games under his belt at Club level.

Left Back Crisis: Rohr Gives Sampdoria Stanley Amuzie Conditions For Super Eagles
Call Up

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr who is short of options at left back has narrowed his search towards Nigeria’s Rio 2016 defender Stanley Amuzie, in his bid to provide cover for Elderson Echiejile.

Amuzie who moved to Sampdoria this summer
after starring for Nigeria at the Olympics is viewed by many as an option at left back for the Super Eagles, who are incredibly short of options in that position.

So far Echiejile is the only option at left back for
Nigeria as Kingsley Madu has failed to sufficiently challenge him for the position despite being included in the last three squads named by coach Gernot Rohr.

”We won’t rest in our search for options at left
back even though am happy with the options at
our disposal right now. There’s always a desire to improve on what you have, the boy who played left back at the Olympics is one of our options” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”He needs to play games for Sampdoria for us to properly assess him. We saw his qualities at the Olympics but that was just for few games, hopefully if he starts playing games for Sampdoria then there’s every hope he would be called up”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/left-back-crisis-rohr-gives-sampdoria-stanley-amuzie-conditions-for-super-eagles-call-up/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:29am On Nov 17, 2016
Hehehehehe..... The "Oyibo Wall" (Balogun and Ekong) = All-Round "Oyibo defence" (Gk + 4 DFs) grin

POSSIBLE? Nigeria Could Line Up Back Four
Made Of Players With Dual Nationality Including Goalkeeper

As the Super Eagles of Nigeria rebuilding process continues under manager Gernot Rohr, there are indications that if all goes according to plan, the manager could line up a back four consisting of players with dual nationality for Nigeria.

Rohr has been busy convincing players with dual nationality to switch allegiance to Nigeria,
particularly in the defence where they are few
options for the coach.

So far the defence has two players with dual
nationality in William Troost Ekong, who carries a
dutch passport and Leon Balogun who was born
in Germany as leaders, with goalkeeper Carl
Ikeme also carrying a British passport in addition
to his green passport.

Nigeria failed with an effort to convince Tyrone Ebuehi to switch nationality, as the Dutch born defender who plays for ADO Den Haag asked for more time particulary to focus on his club career.

It is believed that he will still play for Nigeria, and Chelsea rising teen Ola Aina is also well within the sight of Nigeria, with captain John Obi Mikel sounding him out about a potential switch of allegiance from England to Nigeria.

Russian born Nigerian defender Brian Idowu was a late omission from the squad for the last World Cup 2018 qualifiers against Algeria, no thanks to issues bothering on securing a Nigerian passport.

Hungarian Nigerian Kenneth Otigba is also set to be given the chance he has been craving for a very long time by Rohr, who will visit Turkey and run the rule on the 24 year old, who plays for Kasimpasa.

All of the above mentioned players are for now,
the options coach Rohr is looking at and if he
succeeds, it is very possible for Nigeria to line up
a back four of players with dual nationality
including goalkeeper.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/possible-nigeria-could-line-up-back-four-made-of-players-with-dual-nationality-including-goalkepper/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:42am On Nov 17, 2016
Taider be like.... "Like Okocha in 1993, Iwobi do do him own for 2016........ This Okocha nephew don use me shine na" sad

Wenger reckons Arsenal have a truly great
player coming

The Arsenal and Nigeria international star is
already very well thought of by us fans and is
forging a very impressive reputation for himself
for club and country since breaking into the
Arsenal first team about a year ago and then
getting the call-up to the senior Nigeria side.

Just this week the young forward was all over the
football media for an audacious and brilliant
‘rainbow’ flick while helping Nigeria to victory
over Algeria in an important World Cup qualifier.

Iwobi’s national coach Gernot Rohr has also
revealed that Arsenal and Nigeria fans should
expect a lot more from the already impressive
forward and he got that information from
Arsene Wenger himself, reports the Evening
Standard.

Rohr said, “When I met Arsene Wenger last
month, we talked about Iwobi and he told me
there’s more to his game than what we are
seeing at the moment.

“He is a confident lad. He is not afraid to try new
tricks in training and games. He can only get
better; his best is yet to come.”

That flick really was something special and at
such a young age Iwobi is already doing well, with
a debut goal for his country, but with just two
goals from 35 senior Arsenal appearances it
seems obvious on the face of it where the lad
needs to improve.

Hopefully that will come with time and experience
but from Wenger’s words it sounds like he is
expecting more than just an improvement to the
young Gunner’s finishing, but many aspects of
the game. So just how good do you think Iwobi
could get? (#BeastlyFantastic if you ask me wink )

Source: http://www.justarsenal.com/wenger-reckons-arsenal-have-a-truly-great-player-coming/66912

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Joezinho and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.