Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,983 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11928206 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3115) (3116) (3117) (3118) (3119) (3120) (3121) ... (16335) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:
The super eagles definitely need/deserve better scouting what are Elderson, Omeruo, Stephen Eze, doing in a friendly 2 months to the world cup?

In a country with a population of over 170million. Is that the best we can offer? What a shame? Kelechi and Iwobi should have started from the bench. This is the time to invite and test more players did nigerian's know Ebuehi or Idowu were good enough unit they were invited and tested.

One would expect Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis (WF, CF),Cyriel Dessers (WF , CF) , Derik Osede (DC), K.Otigba (DC), Fanendo Adi (CF, ST), Azubuike Okechukwu (AM, MC), Sunday Stephen (DM, MC) (whom benched iniesta at spain U19, U20, U21), Ryan Sanusi and of course the (king) Simon Kalu (AM, WF).

Thank God Mikel Agu was not invited his intercepts are so low and man marking so poor, for a centeral or defending midfilder. Rohr wants to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but he has never invited a center forward (CF). If he takes this squad to the world cup Nigeria would be disgraced.

If Olarenwaju Kayode was continually called up to the Super Eagles without having a single shot on target then Fanendo Adi (Adi was signed permanently by the Portland Timbers on 23 June 2014. Where he became the club's fourth ever Designated Player) (Google Designated Player if you do not know the meaning) would do better.

Even Anthony Nwakeme would do better, if given more call-ups, He is so good at the Europa League.

Or is it Ighalo that would lead Nigeria to the Quarterfinal? Impossible.

Remember in 2014 Nigeria was the lowest scoring team in qualifying, and scoring was a big problem at the world cup. That is likely to repeat itself.

The midfield and the attack (NO.9) are Super Eagle's weakest links.
Sunday Stephen?? Bros you are aware we're in 2018 and not 2007?? Derik Osede isn't that good. Wouldn't bench any of our CB
Guys like Sanusi, Dessers, Kalu, Bonaventure will be looked at after the world cup. I would've liked Dessers to be tested but oh well...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:41pm On Mar 23, 2018
realpoacher:
Currently at the bar closest to my viewing centre lapping at a big bowl of peppersoup and 2 bottles of star

No time

Poland must collect this night!!
Omaye eche biene fa. Enjoy jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bein Sports are showing the highlights of Argentina vs Nigeria. Akpeyi could've done better with the freekick

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2018
korlahwarleh:
I do not post regularly on this thread. I, however just want to say this. I hope everyone can see this before the match.
If you know the team is not "good" or you have a prediction, please say it now o.
We don't want to be inundated with posts about how you predicted that they would beat us or how you've been saying it that the team is not good enough. We don't want to hear things like "if ___ had played, they would not have beaten us".
In short, no excessive chest beating or gloating. As a matter of fact, no self effacing as well, if you're also sure we'll beat them say it now.

Thanks.
I fully second this your proposal.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Hell yeah

Mikel is the captain but is no where near the x factor

Maybe Onyekuru Moses Iheanacho and Iwobi but certainly not Mikel

Ok. I hear but I no gree. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2018
ChrisKels:
Though this boy ain't good enough yet, but it's a welcomed development

Dad Reveals Chelsea Defender Tomori Will Represent Nigeria Soon

Published: March 23, 2018
Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs Titi Laoye-Tomori, has revealed that her nephew Fikayo Tomori is set to commit his international future at senior level to Nigeria.

Born in Calgary, Canada twenty years ago to Nigerian parents, the Chelsea defender can also suit up for the Super Eagles as well as the Canadian national team.

He was one of the stars of the England U20 team that lifted the Fifa U20 World Cup for the first time in their history last summer in South Korea, and has been promoted to the U21s, earning three caps for the age group this season.

''It would be my dream to see him play for the Super Eagles someday. We are so proud of him, so also is his parents,'' Titi Laoye-Tomori told saharareporterssport.com.

''He is a true professional and also very humble. He works so hard for his team and no wonder he has won so much at such young age.

''I was with his dad recently and we spoke a lot about his chances of coming to play for Nigeria soon. Right now, he is focusing on his club career and we hope he will come represent his fatherland soon.''

Tomori has been named in the latest England U21 squad for their friendly against Romania (March 24) and the European U21 Championship qualifier against Ukraine (March 27).
This one will not keep quiet now. They are already putting the guy under pressure

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:
The super eagles definitely need/deserve better scouting what are Elderson, Omeruo, Stephen Eze, doing in a friendly 2 months to the world cup?

In a country with a population of over 170million. Is that the best we can offer? What a shame? Kelechi and Iwobi should have started from the bench. This is the time to invite and test more players did nigerian's know Ebuehi or Idowu were good enough unit they were invited and tested.

One would expect Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis (WF, CF),Cyriel Dessers (WF , CF) , Derik Osede (DC), K.Otigba (DC), Fanendo Adi (CF, ST), Azubuike Okechukwu (AM, MC), Sunday Stephen (DM, MC) (whom benched iniesta at spain U19, U20, U21), Ryan Sanusi and of course the (king) Simon Kalu (AM, WF).

Thank God Mikel Agu was not invited his intercepts are so low and man marking so poor, for a centeral or defending midfilder. Rohr wants to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but he has never invited a center forward (CF). If he takes this squad to the world cup Nigeria would be disgraced.

If Olarenwaju Kayode was continually called up to the Super Eagles without having a single shot on target then Fanendo Adi (Adi was signed permanently by the Portland Timbers on 23 June 2014. Where he became the club's fourth ever Designated Player) (Google Designated Player if you do not know the meaning) would do better.

Even Anthony Nwakeme would do better, if given more call-ups, He is so good at the Europa League.

Remember in 2014 Nigeria was the lowest scoring team in qualifying, and scoring was a big problem at the world cup. That is likely to repeat itself.

I would have supported you but don't ever mention Anthony Nwakaeme again pls

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
Confirmed line up

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
Daejoyoung:

ls this good or bad.
It's a friendly so neither wink

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:54pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

"In a country... of over 170million", that my man is a very naive statement. For if that was the case, China would have won the World Cup countless times, India would have been worldbeaters and USA would never miss a tournament.

Admittedly our scouting system is poor, but this is due to other factors. Wales a country of 3 Million put six goals past the Chinese who are 400 times more populated yesterday. That alone speaks volume.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
Danycrusoe:

I want to believe this is Mr Forgiveness. well we qualified without them so there time is not now definitely. when the next round of qualification for another world cup start they are welcome, but it's a shame many of them won't still see the team. that's how life x, to go world cup no de everybody's destiny
this is not forgiveness, you no see as the guy rubbish Olanrewaju Kayode
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
TheLoneCitizen:

Mikel is a playmaker only, he doesn't hold play, he thrives on teammates making runs, he doesn't beat players. He is like a Cesc Fabregas.

Moses is not a natural dribbler he doesn't beat player, just a good runner. Moses causes more harm than good to the Eagles due to overconfidence, he would be willing to shoot when passing is key.

When Arsenal played Chelsea, Moses failed to beat Iwobi on take-out three times, talk less renowned defenders. On the other hand, Henry left veteran defender, Dani Alves on his back in the UCL.

My point is not on dribbling ability or tendency but on the ability of a player to attract at least two opposition to himself, opening room for a fellow teammate.

Maybe you have being watching Mikel Obi and Victor Moses on Super Nitendo. grin

Because you really do watch them on TV live, you would have agreed that Mikel Obi is very good at dribbling and holding unto the ball while Victor Moses is a master dribbler. In short, Onyekuru is still learning in terms of these attributes. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Is anyone watching the Senegal vs Uzbekistan match?? If this is how the Senegalese truly play, then I worry for them this upcoming mundial

Good players, poor coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ekong, captain?

I like the way Rohr is creating leaders in the team. Strong willed players that can talk to their teams mates in the tick of battle...Just like having generals in each unit....good for team psychology..not depending on one person like Argentina does and Croatia thinking that old Modric will win them the world cup..nonsense and ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2018
Daejoyoung:

ls this good or bad.

Terrible.. With the kind of players Senegal have, they should be winning that game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2018
korlahwarleh:
I do not post regularly on this thread. I, however just want to say this. I hope everyone can see this before the match.
If you know the team is not "good" or you have a prediction, please say it now o.
We don't want to be inundated with posts about how you predicted that they would beat us or how you've been saying it that the team is not good enough. We don't want to hear things like "if ___ had played, they would not have beaten us".
In short, no excessive chest beating or gloating. As a matter of fact, no self effacing as well, if you're also sure we'll beat them say it now.

Thanks.
Am very confident Nigeria will win 3-1. Its in all my bet tickets infact. Bookmark dis quote
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 8:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
gbosaa:

Game is 1-1. Konate equalised and not Mane.

I actually wanted to say he was on the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
joseph1013:

Often when I see your moniker, I often read it as Fabio Lanipekun.

Who here knows the man?
sure, is he still alive?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

Football is about what you can offer presently and not on your past exploit. Sunday Stephen Obayan is not SE standard at present.
Let me not even mention Osede
So who should have benched Iheanacho and Iwobi?. I hope you know that we have just about 3 months to WC so it will be foolhardy to be testing "170 million Nigerians" for a 23-man WC squad as you suggested.
Okechukwu, Dessers and Sanusi can wait till after the WC. We've got no time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2018
NFF confirms it's a 4-4-1-1 formation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

. It's obvious you're new here. Kindly go back a thousand pages to be more enlightened so as to avoid posting such an ignorant comment next time.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2018
edi287:
Bein Sports are showing the highlights of Argentina vs Nigeria. Akpeyi could've done better with the freekick

When ever you guys mention bein sports. You would do well to be specific. We have bein sports 1 to 10. We have bein sports espana, connect etc. Which is showing the highlights?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
AllforJesus7:

When ever you guys mention bein sports. You would do well to be specific. We have bein sports 1 to 10. We have bein sports espana, connect etc. Which is showing the highlights?
check for bein having USA. They've been loyal. Showed all our qualifiers including friendly games

Bein sports USA should show it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
Please what's the line-up again?

I mean the line-up for the ball boys.

Thank you very much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

has anyone seen the new avengers movie trailer men that film will be tight
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
Who want to see Agbo today?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 8:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
Come on super eagles. This is our time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
chrisooblog:
has anyone seen the new avengers movie trailer men that film will be tight
hahahahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 8:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
peterd53:
Confirmed line up

all this people with low battery self .... SE ADDICT grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
On my way to the viewing centre
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:29pm On Mar 23, 2018
lexyman:

all this people with low battery self .... SE ADDICT grin grin grin grin
no be small
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
guys. please stream link or mobdro station

(1) (2) (3) ... (3115) (3116) (3117) (3118) (3119) (3120) (3121) ... (16335) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, GMBOFASIA, AndSunGorilla, Daninya33 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.