Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,898 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11782458 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3114) (3115) (3116) (3117) (3118) (3119) (3120) ... (16194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by herroyalcutenes: 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
The super eagles definitely need/deserve better scouting what are Elderson, Omeruo, Stephen Eze, doing in a friendly 2 months to the world cup?

In a country with a population of over 170million. Is that the best we can offer? What a shame? Kelechi and Iwobi should have started from the bench. This is the time to invite and test more players did nigerian's know Ebuehi or Idowu were good enough unit they were invited and tested.

One would expect Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis (WF, CF),Cyriel Dessers (WF , CF) , Derik Osede (DC), K.Otigba (DC), Fanendo Adi (CF, ST), Azubuike Okechukwu (AM, MC), Sunday Stephen (DM, MC) (whom benched iniesta at spain U19, U20, U21), Ryan Sanusi and of course the (king) Simon Kalu (AM, WF).

Thank God Mikel Agu was not invited his intercepts are so low and man marking so poor, for a centeral or defending midfilder. Rohr wants to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but he has never invited a center forward (CF). If he takes this squad to the world cup Nigeria would be disgraced.

If Olarenwaju Kayode was continually called up to the Super Eagles without having a single shot on target then Fanendo Adi (Adi was signed permanently by the Portland Timbers on 23 June 2014. Where he became the club's fourth ever Designated Player) (Google Designated Player if you do not know the meaning) would do better.

Even Anthony Nwakeme would do better, if given more call-ups, He is so good at the Europa League.

Or is it Ighalo that would lead Nigeria to the Quarterfinal? Impossible.

Remember in 2014 Nigeria was the lowest scoring team in qualifying, and scoring was a big problem at the world cup. That is likely to repeat itself.

The midfield and the attack (NO.9) are Super Eagle's weakest links.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
Oasis007:

Yes..... I will. We are parading the youngest Team at the moment, and once they fully gel together - they would be unstoppable.

I'm convinced with the Unity and Spirit in the Team. They are more like Brothers, they genuinely love each other, and Rohr is more than a Coach to them, he's also a Mentor to some.
Thank you for answering on behalf of all avid fans. The fact is there's something about this team. There's a connection that transcends results. We are looking at them with tomorrow's eyes. Very rarely do Nigerians see with such eyes and that's because we've never had a team where young boys just converged at once in one great, glorious bloom of youth and commitment like this team has.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2018
The lineup you quoted was someone's guess. The real one has been released since and Joel is to start.
Icon4s:

I know a lot will question why Onazi is starting ahead of Joel Obi.

Joel is more like a newbie in Rohr's lineup. Coaches typically start Newbies from the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 7:18pm On Mar 23, 2018
Currently at the bar closest to my viewing centre lapping at a big bowl of peppersoup and 2 bottles of star

No time

Poland must collect this night!!

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
mazimee:

They have equalised, no time for playing around, not even in friendlies. Moussa Konate scored. Mane scored

Game is 1-1. Konate equalised and not Mane.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
ChrisKels:

Double kpom my brother. But it annoys me when I see u spell Ebuehi as Ebuhei. It nauseates me bro. Stop it
Baba Kog45 I beg you please you to get it. That thing dey pain me too but as I love Sir Kog45 I just dey endure am even though I've once pointed it out to him but since he fell into the error again, na so I just dey bear the thing anytime I see Ebuhei
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
The current Germany team will beat the Brazil I just saw. But well it was just a friendly.

They made some errors defensively even in the second half that big opponents would have purnished big time

Icon79:
LOL @purnishable. You might have a point there sha. They didn't quite impress me in the first half, but I missed most of the second half so I dunno.

But nevertheless, for me, it's either Brazil or Argentina to win it all. I think that Brazil has the talent and the experience to win it all this time. As for the Argies, they might have an aging team and a weak defenceline but they also have the best player on the planet. So you can never write them off.

I don't want Germany or any one of those overrated Euro teams (Spain, France, or Belgium) to win it. England cannot win it so they don't count grin

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

It's good to be an Optimist, but I'm a Realist.
Some of us are Optireal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eyedea(m): 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
Joebie:
Channel 229 SS9
Thanks man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
Kog45:
Yes born by welsh mum but played with Yobo for Michelen fc of Port Harcourt not Sharks.

It was Albert Yobo who happened to be Yobo elder bro that played for Sharks not Joseph Yobo

I disagree with you.

Because that's not what the both of them told me.

If you are familiar with PH you will know about the township playing fields, where most started from.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
Kenneth Otigba currently on for Hungary as they trail Kazakhstan by two goals. Game is in 19th minute.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:
The super eagles definitely need/deserve better scouting what are Elderson, Omeruo, Stephen Eze, doing in a friendly 2 months to the world cup?

In a country with a population of over 170million. Is that the best we can offer? What a shame? Kelechi and Iwobi should have started from the bench. This is the time to invite and test more players did nigerian's know Ebuehi or Idowu were good enough unit they were invited and tested.

One would expect Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis (WF, CF),Cyriel Dessers (WF , CF) , Derik Osede (DC), K.Otigba (DC), Fanendo Adi (CF, ST), Azubuike Okechukwu (AM, MC), Sunday Stephen (DM, MC) (whom benched iniesta at spain U19, U20, U21), Ryan Sanusi and of course the (king) Simon Kalu (AM, WF).

Thank God Mikel Agu was not invited his intercepts are so low and man marking so poor, for a centeral or defending midfilder. Rohr wants to play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, but he has never invited a center forward (CF). If he takes this squad to the world cup Nigeria would be disgraced.

If Olarenwaju Kayode was continually called up to the Super Eagles without having a single shot on target then Fanendo Adi (Adi was signed permanently by the Portland Timbers on 23 June 2014. Where he became the club's fourth ever Designated Player) (Google Designated Player if you do not know the meaning) would do better.

Even Anthony Nwakeme would do better, if given more call-ups, He is so good at the Europa League.

Remember in 2014 Nigeria was the lowest scoring team in qualifying, and scoring was a big problem at the world cup. That is likely to repeat itself.

Is dat all you've got? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
So are you expecting Germany to repeat? A team that couldn't win the Euro grin

O pari

Joebie:
The current Germany team will beat the Brazil I just saw. But well it was just a friendly.

They made some errors defensively even in the second half that big opponents would have purnished big time

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
Martz101:

I think the right back is settled, Ebuehi is the only one that play right back every week in his club, shehu is a midfielder, but his slot is secured, the fight is between Aina and Echiejile

Aina has been voted best RB in the championship multiple times.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FabioPeter: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

What time is the match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

I want to believe this is Mr Forgiveness. well we qualified without them so there time is not now definitely. when the next round of qualification for another world cup start they are welcome, but it's a shame many of them won't still see the team. that's how life x, to go world cup no de everybody's destiny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 7:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

Ok sir

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2018
Senegal 1- 1 Uzbekistan
Fulltime
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by korlahwarleh: 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
realpoacher:
Currently at the bar closest to my viewing centre lapping at a big bowl of peppersoup and 2 bottles of star

No time

Poland must collect this night!!

Sha nor do am sotey, we go dey tell you about the match tomorrow or Moses go be like Ikedia for your side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2018
Icon4s:

Joel is more like a newbie in Rohr's lineup. Coaches typically start Newbies from the bench.
So why do you think he is starting Joel inspite of the fact that he is a newbie?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

Guy you dey talk nonsense no Vex

You for say make dem invite sani Keita or Anthony okpotu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2018
Danielnino00:
Today of all days... the rain decided to fall heavily....

Na wa ooo
hehehe
grin naso ee do here..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
i love to see Lewandowski torment our defence , if we can sustain and hold that guy ... we re ready for the world cup . i have to repeat myself .... the compact the defence is the better for us .... Echejile should be dropped ,,, we have more energetic boys in that position

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
Icon4s:

I'm sure you will question why Obi is starting tonight. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
Icon79:
LOL @purnishable. You might have a point there sha. They didn't quite impress me in the first half, but I missed most of the second half so I dunno.

But nevertheless, for me, it's either Brazil or Argentina to win it all. I think that Brazil has the talent and the experience to win it all this time. As for the Argies, they might have an aging team and a weak defenceline but they also have the best player on the planet. So you can never write them off.

I don't want Germany or any one of those overrated Euro teams (Spain, France, or Belgium) to win it. England cannot win it so they don't count grin

O pari

Let Brazil don't just meet France and let Argentina don't just meet Germany cos these two teams are their nemesis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2018
Though this boy ain't good enough yet, but it's a welcomed development

Dad Reveals Chelsea Defender Tomori Will Represent Nigeria Soon

Published: March 23, 2018
Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs Titi Laoye-Tomori, has revealed that her nephew Fikayo Tomori is set to commit his international future at senior level to Nigeria.

Born in Calgary, Canada twenty years ago to Nigerian parents, the Chelsea defender can also suit up for the Super Eagles as well as the Canadian national team.

He was one of the stars of the England U20 team that lifted the Fifa U20 World Cup for the first time in their history last summer in South Korea, and has been promoted to the U21s, earning three caps for the age group this season.

''It would be my dream to see him play for the Super Eagles someday. We are so proud of him, so also is his parents,'' Titi Laoye-Tomori told saharareporterssport.com.

''He is a true professional and also very humble. He works so hard for his team and no wonder he has won so much at such young age.

''I was with his dad recently and we spoke a lot about his chances of coming to play for Nigeria soon. Right now, he is focusing on his club career and we hope he will come represent his fatherland soon.''

Tomori has been named in the latest England U21 squad for their friendly against Romania (March 24) and the European U21 Championship qualifier against Ukraine (March 27).

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FabioPeter: 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

Is Kim K’s butt real or fake?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Senegal 1- 1 Uzbekistan

Fulltime
ls this good or bad.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
herroyalcutenes:

We have one forgiveness to give here ooo and we have already given so much of it to one guy here grin grin. We won't forgive you for failing to enjoy what you have now rather than this chaotic hunger for what you don't yet have. A bird in hand....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by korlahwarleh: 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2018
I do not post regularly on this thread. I, however just want to say this. I hope everyone can see this before the match.
If you know the team is not "good" or you have a prediction, please say it now o.
We don't want to be inundated with posts about how you predicted that they would beat us or how you've been saying it that the team is not good enough. We don't want to hear things like "if ___ had played, they would not have beaten us".
In short, no excessive chest beating or gloating. As a matter of fact, no self effacing as well, if you're also sure we'll beat them say it now.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
Mujtahida:

Some of us are Optireal

grin

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:40pm On Mar 23, 2018
FabioPeter:

Is Kim K’s butt real or fake?
Often when I see your moniker, I often read it as Fabio Lanipekun.

Who here knows the man?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3114) (3115) (3116) (3117) (3118) (3119) (3120) ... (16194) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ayodun1, elyte89, charlesemeka85(m), ChrisKels and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.