Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11655896 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:34am On Nov 26, 2016
Chrismario:

I don't knw if I'm ryt but I tink there was match Nigeria played last year ,,,,ogenyi onazi was given a red card after d refree had given us penalty,,,, odion Ighalo scored DAT penalty,,,,,dats against Chad

Yeah correct!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:39am On Nov 26, 2016
Let me ask my own.It is also something to be worried about.

When last did a Nigerian CF (top 9) score from open play in an international match (FIFA or CAF). angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:45am On Nov 26, 2016
Nwakali

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:52am On Nov 26, 2016
tbaba1234:
Nwakali

Good development.

However, I feel with the midfield might of Arsenal: Carzola, Elneny, Xhaka. Nwakali may spend a longer time on loan than we initially anticipated. Well, this is football we cannot predict the future 100%. But I still think my feeling is more likely to be the case
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:52am On Nov 26, 2016
ChrisKels:

Thank you Rohr but please don't make this an all comers affair . What has Nwakaeme got to offer more than the inefficient strikers we already have in Ighalo and Ideye? I would rather u invited Kayode than this Israeli. Lol c d boy head sef nawa oo

Is Nwakaeme a centre forward? I think, he plays in a similar role as Musa, Moses, iwobi etc...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:56am On Nov 26, 2016
Icon4s:

Good development.

However, I feel with the midfield might of Arsenal: Carzola, Elneny, Xhaka. Nwakali may spend a longer time on loan than we initially anticipated. Well, this is football we cannot predict the future 100%. But I still think my feeling is more likely to be the case

I am really not a fan of youngsters staying at big clubs. Players like Adelaide, zelalem, Akpom will be playing regularly in Belgium, france, Holland and perhaps in lower premier league teams. Waiting for your chance in the big club does not always work well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:17am On Nov 26, 2016
Icon4s:

Maybe na Collins Mbesuma brother grin
Lol oga m, goodmorning sir. how u and the family too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:32am On Nov 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

Is Nwakaeme a centre forward? I think, he plays in a similar role as Musa, Moses, iwobi etc...

Goodmorning sir, thanks for your thoughts, but if that be the case, then permit me to say he's got a very daunting task ahead of him. This is almost an impossible mission for him because we are most stacked at the wings and anybody that must come in, should be better than the wingers we already have or at worst, just as good...for depths sake. The Era of below average players in the green shirts is long gone. I would rather we fast tracked Ibe into the system than this Nwakaeme guy. ibe has got age on his side and might just be another Iwobi. Another overlooked English born who later came good and England would rue the loss as usual.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:35am On Nov 26, 2016
tbaba1234:

I am really not a fan of youngsters staying at big clubs. Players like Adelaide, zelalem, Akpom will be playing regularly in Belgium, france, Holland and perhaps in lower premier league teams. Waiting for your chance in the big club does not always work well.
I agree with you. A player has to be exceptionally good sometimes before he can break into the first team of a big club. It is better for upcoming players to go to smaller and less known clubs where they can have sufficient game time and hone their skills and then patiently wait for the big break. Clubs in Belgium and Portugal are very good nurseries for budding footballers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:16am On Nov 26, 2016
Na wa.... Me no even recall this one.... Didn't watch the match that's why. sad Was engaged that week but I did get some reports. Well Sir Krattoss, here's your answer below naa.... grin

Chrismario:

I don't knw if I'm ryt but I tink there was match Nigeria played last year ,,,,ogenyi onazi was given a red card after d refree had given us penalty,,,, odion Ighalo scored DAT penalty,,,,,dats against Chad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:29am On Nov 26, 2016
Loooollllll.... That got to be Gbolahan Salami against same Chad. Didn't watch that match live but only got some reports.

But that match was annulled naa... It wasn't counted again as Chad withdrew and destroyed our qualification chances for Afcon 2017 sad

But I believe it may be Salami afterall. Unless....

Icon4s:

When last did a Nigerian CF (top 9) score from open play in an international match (FIFA or CAF). angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:32am On Nov 26, 2016
Icon4s:

this one is kinda hard....its either Uche Nwofor or Shola Ameobi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:53am On Nov 26, 2016
Mujtahida:

I agree with you. A player has to be exceptionally good sometimes before he can break into the first team of a big club. It is better for an upcoming players to go to smaller and less known clubs where they can have sufficient game time and hone their skills and then patiently wait for the big break. Clubs in Belgium and Portugal are very good nurseries for budding footballers.

First of all, I really enjoy your contributions here. Quite insightful and well thought out. Keep them coming. A big Shout out to ChrisKels too. You guys are really make great additions here.

I think it is two phases. I think first, a young player should work and learn under a top manager/managers. Whether he has game time or not. After grasping the knowledge, he can go out on loans or a transfer to a smaller club to show what he has learnt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:08am On Nov 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

First of all, I really enjoy your contributions here. Quite insightful and well thought out. Keep them coming. A big Shout out to ChrisKels too. You guys are really make great additions here.

I think it is two phases. I think first, a young player should work and learn under a top manager/managers. Whether he has game time or not. After grasping the knowledge, he can go out on loans or a transfer to a smaller club to show what he has learnt.
'TheGoodJoe's school of thought'

I knew this will surely come.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:15am On Nov 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Loooollllll.... That got to be Gbolahan Salami against same Chad. Didn't watch that match live but only got some reports.

But that match was annulled naa... It wasn't counted again as Chad withdrew and destroyed our qualification chances for Afcon 2017 sad

But I believe it may be Salami afterall. Unless....

Chai!!! that has been a donkey years.

We really need to fix that no. 9 role.

Or maybe it's time we call on Dominic Solanke-he could be d joker-you all know how prolific he is.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:21am On Nov 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Chai Oga m, I am honored. Gudmwnn sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:29am On Nov 26, 2016
Coach Praises Arsenal Loanee Nwakali – He Has What It Takes To Play At The Highest Level

The fine performances of Arsenal loanee Kelechi Nwakali has earned him praises from the coach of his loan side MVV Maastrict Ron Elsen, after another man of the match performance against Den Bosch. ” He is a rare talent, he has what it takes to play at the highest level. Arsenal are lucky to have him. At 18 you can clearly see how far he will go when he reaches his peak years” Elsen said after the 3-0 win over Den Bosch. 18 year old Nwakali was voted man of the match after a dominant performance in the middle for high flying promotion chasing MVV, who are top of the second division in Holland. Although he failed to get on the score sheet in the 3-0 win over Den Bosch, but just like the game against Fortuna Sittard, he was by the best player on the pitch for both side. He acted as a link between the defence of his team and attack, with two well taken effort which brought out saves from the opposition goalkepper denying him a chance to be on the score sheet.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:36am On Nov 26, 2016
It was just last year's June or so... Not donkey years.

Is the bolded/emboldened a joke or what?? Prolific? By Vitesse Arnhem stats or Chelsea U-21s stats? Which one?

AIG07:

Chai!!! that has been a donkey years.

We really need to fix that no. 9 role.

Or maybe it's time we call on Dominic Solanke-he could be d joker-you all know how prolific he is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:50am On Nov 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Thank you for the kind words. You are one of the established contributors in the commentariat of this thread and I quite enjoy your robust input. Yeah, your two phase approach is highly desirable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Is the bolded/emboldened a joke or what?? Prolific? By Vitesse Arnhem stats or Chelsea U-21s stats? Which one?

*smiles*

just trying to pull someones leg.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Stories from the grapevine say Arsenal is tracking him (not that I imagine Wenger is keen on signing a Chelsea product), you can never tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 26, 2016
safarigirl:

Stories from the grapevine say Arsenal is tracking him (not that I imagine Wenger is keen on signing a Chelsea product), you can never tell

Happy morning,,,,, u mean solanke??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:41am On Nov 26, 2016
Same way they were rumored to be tracking Sadiq Umar.

safarigirl:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:43am On Nov 26, 2016
Chrismario:

Happy morning,,,,, u mean solanke??
same to you, yes, I mean him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 26, 2016
safarigirl:
same to you, yes, I mean him

Alright ,,,,we dae wait grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:44am On Nov 26, 2016
Four top German Bundesliga clubs as well as a Chinese Super League team have shown interest in securing the services of Nigeria international Ogenyi Onazi, AfricanFootball.com can exclusively report.

A top source told AfricanFootball.com that the German and Chinese clubs were even recently in Turkey to watch the workaholic midfielder in action for Trabzonspor.
"Onazi may soon quit his Turkish team Trabzonspor as top four teams in Germany as well as the Chinese team have shown interest in him,” disclosed the source.
“In fact two of the teams from Germany and a Chinese club watched him last weekend while in action for Trabzonspor."
A frustrated Onazi quit Italian Serie A side Lazio to sensationally moved to Turkey in the summer.http://africanfootball.com/news/666102/Top-German-Bundesliga-clubs-track-down-Ogenyi-Onazi

These past few months have been a good one for the Super Eagles indeed. Ndidi strongly linked to Leicester, interest in Etebo hotting up daily and now Onazi.... So many positives.
I have this feeling Bayern Leverkusen could be one of those 4 German teams looking at Onazi. He will fit in to Roger Shmidt hard pressing philosophy like a glove.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2016
goldfish80:

These past few months have been a good one for the Super Eagles indeed. Ndidi strongly linked to Leicester, interest in Etebo hotting up daily and now Onazi.... So many positives.
I have this feeling Bayern Leverkusen could be one of those 4 German teams looking at Onazi. He will fit in to Roger Shmidt hard pressing philosophy like a glove.
Indeed. Victor Moses to Barcelona too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
Chrismario:
Following grin

Good work ,,,,,wonderful and brotherly arguments cool

Best thread on nairaland,,,,thegoodjoe,icon79,tbaba,joseph,supernerd,safarigirl,,,,,etc

Una welldone cool
CC: Seun, Lalasticlala...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2016
krattoss:
this is the most lively and best thread ve come across in nairaland
CC: Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2016
terzurum5:

CC: Seun, Lalasticlala...

Mr. terzurum?? D u really want dem to push it FP? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
Please, whose n-udes does Kelechi have to steal to get game time under Pep?

I don't even want him to go on loan, they should sell him. Haba! 5 games now and not even sub appearance, na only am no gree learn this yeye Pep-losophy?

We can't have a repeat of Mikel mbok, if he can't get game time now, he'll never get under Pep. Can Mr James Iheanacho talk some other club into stealing his kid?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 26, 2016
safarigirl:
Please, whose n-udes does Kelechi have to steal to get game time under Pep?
I don't even want him to go on loan, they [b]should sell him.[/b]Haba! 5 games now and not even sub appearance, na only am no gree learn this yeye Pep-losophy?

We can't have a repeat of Mikel mbok, if he can't get game time now, he'll never get under Pep. Can Mr James Iheanacho talk some other club into stealing his kid?

Iheanacho should gettoutta man city ,,,,my opinion tho,,,,,,

Sir goodgoe might tink otherwise

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maidaboi(m), Philosopher1979, lordofstrings and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.