Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,306 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11690742 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3526) (3527) (3528) (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 14, 2018
forgiveness:

Well, I will first of all want to understand the reason behind FIFA given teams the free license to submit a strong man 35 players list prior to naming of the final 23 man list instead of just naming the main 23 players.

I want to believe that this is done to allow a team to replace any certified injured player/players in the 23 man list prior to the first match of that particular team.

However, it's expected that the remaining players who don't make the 23 man list will still be part of the team, and remain with the team until the team is sure none of their players are out due to injury prior to the first match.

Therefore, all teams are expected to name a strong 30/35 man list or whatever should any injury predicament befalls them.

Suffice to say, no team will make a list to fullil all righteousness or with weaklines but what I am seeing on this list says otherwise.

Maybe, NFF hid the remaining 5 players on the list, I don't know but I am sure Rohr has made up his mind on who and who goes to the world Cup since 1900 before this list was announced today based on what is on the list and he believes no player can be injured before our first match because he is God who can prevent injury from happening hence the weaklines on his list.

I ask myself, starting from the defence, what is Eze playing in Bulgaria doing on the list?

Is he better than Ambrose, Gbenga Arokoyo etc?

Is he in the team to provide cover for Balogun, Troost or Awaziem peradventure one is out of the competition due to injury (God forbids)? Hahahahahaha! Very funny! I don't think so. Rohr just added him to complete the list without thinking. grin

Okay, peradventure Balogun is out of the competition due to injury and you have Omeruo and Troost-Ekong but one gets suspension for a match, so na Eze una wan put against Argentina? shocked grin Even for bench should Awaziem plays!? shocked grin Rohr must be joking. grin

Don't tell me key players can't injury prior to that time because I cried when Mikel Obi could not make the 2010 WC due to injury even Balogun and Echiejile lost out in 2014, and don't tell me you believe God than all the countries naming a strong 35 man lists because they believe God as much as you do too.

The truth is Rohr just added him on the list. He's not in contention for any slot hence he can be dropped without anyone raising an eye brow.

His slot is a waste on the list.

The midfield. Well, Agbo warm bench until em enter list but who will blame him? He was never given the chance to prove himself. Maybe, Rohr thinks he may flop if he plays and that could call for another player but Rohr doesn't want any player in the team that could take the shine away from his preferred players hence the need to keep inviting Agbo on the list.

There will be no resistance if Agbo is dropped.

However, apart from Mikel Obi, it is a blunt midfield filled with DMFs. Well, not bad if only Joel Obi will make the cut. He is the only CMF on the list.

SMH. Lokosa abi Lukuluku made the list. Untop wetin?

Why did Rohr include Lokosa on the list?

Is he the best striker Nigeria has in the whole wide World?

Can he provide cover for Ighalo peradventure he is out of the competition due to injury?

Will Iheanacho play all the matches from start to finish peradventure Ighalo is out because we know Lokosa is on the bench?

Do you choose players based on sentiment of promoting National league or choosing players based on the best available in the best clubs or leagues in the world?

Which daft coach from among the top Nations going to the world Cup will choose a player from their local league because dem wan promote dem league and ignored their 'best' players based on sentiment?

This was what Keshi did when he didn't think before he released his list for the 2014 World Cup when he was forced to replace Echiejile with Ezeonyi and the conferedation cup when he brought one top goal scorer from the NPFL to come disgrace us because he wanted to promote local league.

Mohammed Gambo was the player out of place in that match he played and he embarrassed the whole country with that his performance yet Rohr and NFF has brought sentiment into play once again.

Can lokako come from the bench and rescue us with a goal?

Well, I know Rohr never listed Lokosa to provide cover or competition for any player, he only brought him to fill the list because he is God to have envisaged that none of the players he predetermined from onset to take to the world Cup could suffer injury. Poor Rohr.

Waste of space again.

Now, to Simy. Rohr confirmed he received a call from his agent to just take a look at the boy and Simy is on the list. grin

Well, he deserves to be on the list but not at the expense of Kayode Olanrewaju because Kayode as it stands has played and achieved at the highest level than Simy.

However, it would have been great both made the list but for some reasons known only to Rohr and NFF which has nothing to do with football reason, both parties have decided from the onset to ignore and exclude Kayode from National team duties even though he was the best performing Nigerian striker in Europe last season and presently proving he could perform if given the chance.

If the likes of Mane Sadio and Nady Keita who both came from the Austrian league where Kayode was adjoured the best player, were Nigerians, they will never smell the National team.

Kayode is still better than both Simy and Lokosa. He should have been chosen ahead of Lokosa and allowed to slug it out with Simy but as it stands Rohr doesn't want Kayode in the National team. This has been made clear from the on set.

Even if he scores 4 million goals per second. It was very obvious from the oneset.

From the look of things, Rohr has decided to go with his preferred players but he must know that from whom much is given much is expected.

If he succeeds, he will be honoured but if he fails, he should be ready to receive the blame alone. No mercy.

This is Nigeria mentality. It is beyond NFF.

On the goalkeeper department, I just dey look.

Well said. Why 30 when we could have listed 35. I think Brazil and Iceland that named 23 players, Egypt and Croatia who all named less than 35 players have been infected with the Nigerian way, what a pity. As Ras Kimono said what a smelly sh....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:14pm On May 14, 2018
elyte89:
Onyekuru,dressers, fans ....AW MARKET grin

NOW @BOSS KOMEKN,FORGIVENESS

ALL UR CANDIDATES,RIGHT FROM ALUKO,AJAGUN,MARTINS,ONOMAH,NO MAKE D LIST

UNA try for dem sha anyway, from page 1-3501,una use campaign for d players mentioned above,e no easy

And for sir chriskels my personal person,umar no dey cool

Dis are not my candidate because they are my candidate, these are my candidates because they are firstly Nigerians who deserve to play for their father's land and because they deserved they attention based on their performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:19pm On May 14, 2018
Truidstar:
Official end of the DESSERS campaign. Team has my 1000% support. Semifinals here we come.
I told you. Your dessers is over hyped
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 9:21pm On May 14, 2018
forgiveness:

Well, I will first of all want to understand the reason behind FIFA given teams the free license to submit a strong man 35 players list prior to naming of the final 23 man list instead of just naming the main 23 players.

I want to believe that this is done to allow a team to replace any certified injured player/players in the 23 man list prior to the first match of that particular team.

However, it's expected that the remaining players who don't make the 23 man list will still be part of the team, and remain with the team until the team is sure none of their players are out due to injury prior to the first match.

Therefore, all teams are expected to name a strong 30/35 man list or whatever should any injury predicament befalls them.

Suffice to say, no team will make a list to fullil all righteousness or with weaklines but what I am seeing on this list says otherwise.

Maybe, NFF hid the remaining 5 players on the list, I don't know but I am sure Rohr has made up his mind on who and who goes to the world Cup since 1900 before this list was announced today based on what is on the list and he believes no player can be injured before our first match because he is God who can prevent injury from happening hence the weaklines on his list.

I ask myself, starting from the defence, what is Eze playing in Bulgaria doing on the list?

Is he better than Ambrose, Gbenga Arokoyo etc?

Is he in the team to provide cover for Balogun, Troost or Awaziem peradventure one is out of the competition due to injury (God forbids)? Hahahahahaha! Very funny! I don't think so. Rohr just added him to complete the list without thinking. grin

Okay, peradventure Balogun is out of the competition due to injury and you have Omeruo and Troost-Ekong but one gets suspension for a match, so na Eze una wan put against Argentina? shocked grin Even for bench should Awaziem plays!? shocked grin Rohr must be joking. grin

Don't tell me key players can't injury prior to that time because I cried when Mikel Obi could not make the 2010 WC due to injury even Balogun and Echiejile lost out in 2014, and don't tell me you believe God than all the countries naming a strong 35 man lists because they believe God as much as you do too.

The truth is Rohr just added him on the list. He's not in contention for any slot hence he can be dropped without anyone raising an eye brow.

His slot is a waste on the list.

The midfield. Well, Agbo warm bench until em enter list but who will blame him? He was never given the chance to prove himself. Maybe, Rohr thinks he may flop if he plays and that could call for another player but Rohr doesn't want any player in the team that could take the shine away from his preferred players hence the need to keep inviting Agbo on the list.

There will be no resistance if Agbo is dropped.

However, apart from Mikel Obi, it is a blunt midfield filled with DMFs. Well, not bad if only Joel Obi will make the cut. He is the only CMF on the list.

SMH. Lokosa abi Lukuluku made the list. Untop wetin?

Why did Rohr include Lokosa on the list?

Is he the best striker Nigeria has in the whole wide World?

Can he provide cover for Ighalo peradventure he is out of the competition due to injury?

Will Iheanacho play all the matches from start to finish peradventure Ighalo is out because we know Lokosa is on the bench?

Do you choose players based on sentiment of promoting National league or choosing players based on the best available in the best clubs or leagues in the world?

Which daft coach from among the top Nations going to the world Cup will choose a player from their local league because dem wan promote dem league and ignored their 'best' players based on sentiment?

This was what Keshi did when he didn't think before he released his list for the 2014 World Cup when he was forced to replace Echiejile with Ezeonyi and the conferedation cup when he brought one top goal scorer from the NPFL to come disgrace us because he wanted to promote local league.

Mohammed Gambo was the player out of place in that match he played and he embarrassed the whole country with that his performance yet Rohr and NFF has brought sentiment into play once again.

Can lokako come from the bench and rescue us with a goal?

Well, I know Rohr never listed Lokosa to provide cover or competition for any player, he only brought him to fill the list because he is God to have envisaged that none of the players he predetermined from onset to take to the world Cup could suffer injury. Poor Rohr.

Waste of space again.

Now, to Simy. Rohr confirmed he received a call from his agent to just take a look at the boy and Simy is on the list. grin

Well, he deserves to be on the list but not at the expense of Kayode Olanrewaju because Kayode as it stands has played and achieved at the highest level than Simy.

However, it would have been great both made the list but for some reasons known only to Rohr and NFF which has nothing to do with football reason, both parties have decided from the onset to ignore and exclude Kayode from National team duties even though he was the best performing Nigerian striker in Europe last season and presently proving he could perform if given the chance.

If the likes of Mane Sadio and Nady Keita who both came from the Austrian league where Kayode was adjoured the best player, were Nigerians, they will never smell the National team.

Kayode is still better than both Simy and Lokosa. He should have been chosen ahead of Lokosa and allowed to slug it out with Simy but as it stands Rohr doesn't want Kayode in the National team. This has been made clear from the on set.

Even if he scores 4 million goals per second. It was very obvious from the oneset.

From the look of things, Rohr has decided to go with his preferred players but he must know that from whom much is given much is expected.

If he succeeds, he will be honoured but if he fails, he should be ready to receive the blame alone. No mercy.

This is Nigeria mentality. It is beyond NFF.

On the goalkeeper department, I just dey look.

Seriously , i hardly quote u even if ur posts annoys me sometimes. But i cant help but quote dis. Why do u want Rohr to destroy the chemistry of dis team? Few days to world cup and he should start inviting all the Arokoyo(or God knows where u get these names from)? Leave the team to continue with its chemistry please! You are talking about Lokosa? If you are a coach, can u ignore someone with 18goals in 21matches? Dat is why it is a 30man list. If he doesn't show dat form in training, he will be dropped from the final list. On Kayode, which top league did he prove himself? So Austria league is now better than the Italian league where Simy is banging goals recently? The only league kayode performed was Austria. Wat happened wen he came to Laliga? he flopped. Until his late renaissance in Ukraine which was a little too late. Sir, sometimes when i read ur partial quotes, i feel u are one of these players agent or the players themselves. Please dnt disrupt the chemistry of this team with ur Ajagun, Arokoyo or late Yekini. Rohr knows atleast his best 21 players. Just one or two spots to be decide. Its just few days to worldcup to start inviting all ur players. If they are good, we have Afcon qualifiers after the worldcup. Tanks

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:21pm On May 14, 2018
Taliban:

Well said. Why 30 when we could have listed 35. I think Brazil and Iceland that named 23 players, Egypt and Croatia who all named less than 35 players have been infected with the Nigerian way, what a pity. As Ras Kimono said what a smelly sh....

Iceland still has 7 players back up and it's mandatory all teams follow suit. That is FIFA rules.

Besides, where did you see me emphasis on 35 man list?

Is it mandatory you submit 7 extra players apart from the 23 players on your list?

Please, read well and understand before you comment?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:23pm On May 14, 2018
bros stop deceiving yourself abeg. he has taken the first step by having a good season so far, the next step will be replicating half of his present form when he joins a team in Europe or Asia. i'm not sold on our local league players because a lot of them flatter to deceive. i urge the league management company (LMC) to mandate our local clubs to have academies where legitimate young players are groomed and nurtured and should be monitored with strict measures matted out to any that defaults. i'm tired of seeing recycled players or old men claiming to be teenagers when ever i make out time to watch our local league matches. etebo and musa out of many that have painted the local scene with goals and good performances? that shows something is wrong with our league

BascoVanVeli:

Why stop there? Why not look at Etebo and Musa? I didn't say he was on EPL level, all I said is that in 21 matches to start the season he has scored more goals than Salah and 2 less than Messi. This has never been done in our league this is why the coach selected him, he earned it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:29pm On May 14, 2018
Icon4s:
SIGHTS AND SOUNDS OF RUSSIA

A Visitor's Guide to Impressing Russian Women (To whom it may concern) grin

If you are not Russian and interested in dating a Russian girl, you may need a bit of an instruction manual. While the basic rules of dating etiquette obviously apply, there are a few quirks that Russian girls have that sometimes create conflict between girls from Russia and men from the West.

Of course, there are also several things that Russian women dislike about Russian men—which gives you the opportunity to play up your differences—but there are also some traits of Russian men that Russian girls actually do like, even if they may never admit it.

Knowing these preferences, you can pave yourself a much smoother path to attracting Russian girls during your visit to Russia.

Dress Nicely

Russian men tend to dress very simply, and once they’re in a relationship they can often forgo dressing well entirely and settle down into comfortable-meets-shabby gear. To impress her, do the opposite and dress sharply—not over-the-top, but look put together. Wear basics that are made of high-quality material, are relatively fashionable (e.g. no boot-cut light-wash denim and sneakers) and you’ll definitely be in her good books.

Be Assertive

Russian men can be almost aggressively assertive, and while you want to stay away from that end of the spectrum, you definitely don’t want to come off as indecisive or letting her make all the decisions. Keep it at a good balance, but especially at the beginning of a relationship, you want to make sure that you take control when necessary.

Decide where you’re going for dinner and then invite her there. Decide what you will be doing that day and then ask her to do it. Don’t call her up and say ‘what do you want to do?’. It’s not that Russian women don’t like to make decisions—in fact, in a lot of Russian relationships, women have the upper hand; it’s just that showing assertiveness shows that you’ll be able to match her decisiveness rather than leaving her to do all the work.

Be a Gentleman

Russian men are well-trained in chivalry, and no matter how modern your Russian girl is, you want to make sure you take care of her in the same way. This means picking up the bill at the restaurant without discussion, opening doors, giving up your seat on the metro, and always carrying everything except her purse (within reason of course).

Be Nice

This is an area where you can really shine against Russian men. Not to generalize too much, but many Russian men can be quite rough, and you can stand out by being considerate, compassionate, and generally making sure she’s comfortable, happy, and listened-to. Stay away from the stereotypical “nice-guy” territory—you don’t want to seem like a wimp—but listen to her and her wishes in a gallant way.

Navigate Gender Roles Carefully

Many Russian men are still stuck in a very traditional conception of gender roles, and it is a common assumption of Russian women that Western men are more accepting of women’s changing role in society. This means that you should be accepting of whichever way she decides to live her life—whether she wants to be a career woman, a homemaker, or a mix of both; never be dismissive of any of these lifestyle choices.

On a smaller scale, you can also demonstrate this by being willing to cook and clean—not expecting her to always do it as many Russian men do.

Buy Her Flowers

Finally, Russian men are famous for their affinity for giving flowers—in Russian society, flowers are bought for almost any festive occasion. Russian women will appreciate you bringing her bouquets on birthdays, celebrations, and once in a while, just because.
Interesting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2018
CSTR1003:
The mere sight of echejiele in the list disgust me.

The guy's jujuman must be very strong.
My thoughts too bro. I'll be so disappointed if he makes the final squad. Even that Agu and Agbo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:31pm On May 14, 2018
Sainty92:
Seriously , i hardly quote u even if ur posts annoys me sometimes. But i cant help but quote dis. Why do u want Rohr to destroy the chemistry of dis team? Few days to world cup and he should start inviting all the Arokoyo(or God knows where u get these names from)? Leave the team to continue with its chemistry please! You are talking about Lokosa? If you are a coach, can u ignore someone with 18goals in 21matches? Dat is why it is a 30man list. If he doesn't show dat form in training, he will be dropped from the final list. On Kayode, which top league did he prove himself? So Austria league is now better than the Italian league where Simy is banging goals recently? The only league kayode performed was Austria. Wat happened wen he came to Laliga? he flopped. Until his late renaissance in Ukraine which was a little too late. Sir, sometimes when i read ur partial quotes, i feel u are one of these players agent or the players themselves. Please dnt disrupt the chemistry of this team with ur Ajagun, Arokoyo or late Yekini. Rohr knows atleast his best 21 players. Just one or two spots to be decide. Its just few days to worldcup to start inviting all ur players. If they are good, we have Afcon qualifiers after the worldcup. Tanks

When did Eze become part of the team chemistry? You must be joking.

How can you know where Kayode proved himself when your intent is obviously apparent?

Did Simy prove himself in Europa League? If you are talking about flop then Simy Nwankwo is number one based on all his stats but let us not go there.

Besides, the fact that you included Yekini on the list shows your intent and where you are from. So, I don't need to go further with that mentality.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 14, 2018
forgiveness:

Iceland still has 7 players back up and it's mandatory all teams follow suit. That is FIFA rules.

Is it mandatory you submit 7 extra players apart from the 23 players on your list?

First of all (not asking you to go down low) no vex oga mi. Your first and second paragraphs implied that there's a reason for the 35 man list except if you don't u understand what you wrote yourself sir. I remain humble sir. Twale Baba!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:36pm On May 14, 2018
asha80:
na im be say im don settle im issue with messi via lopez nau
No. He was invited but told he'll not be part of the WC squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 9:37pm On May 14, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
cheesy
MetalJigsaw:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:38pm On May 14, 2018
Taliban:

First of all (not asking you to go down low) no vex oga mi. Your first and second paragraphs implied that there's a reason for the 35 man list except if you don't u understand what you wrote yourself sir. I remain humble sir. Twale Baba!!!!!

You only read the cover and not the context. Please, read again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 9:38pm On May 14, 2018
forgiveness:

How can you know where Kayode proved himself when your intent is obviously apparent?

Did Simy prove himself in Europa League? If you are talking about flop then Simy Nwankwo is number one in terms of all his stats but let us not go there.

Besides, the fact that you included Yekini on the list shows your intent and where you are from. So, I don't need to go further with that mentality.

Your calling Rohr a daft coach shows ur manners. You don't appreciate good things. I wont go further arguing with such mentality. Use your hand to add Gbenga Arokoyo to d list na

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 9:40pm On May 14, 2018
I’ll go out on a limb and predict the players to be dropped will be Stephen Eze, Lokosa, Akpeyi, Mikel Agu, Uche Agbo, Echiejile, and Omeruo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:41pm On May 14, 2018
good reply man! and where is arokoyo plying his trade now? a times tribalism tend to allow sentiment to cloud some individuals sense of reasoning and judgement. so the Austrian league is now a big league and kayode's performance last season should be a yard stick to have his name on the list? he got a bring break to make a case for himself when he joined girona on loan from city but what was the outcome? so because he is trying to rediscover his form in Ukraine by scoring 3 or 4 goals he now deserves a place in russia? lakosa's inclusion is testament of his good form and also a way to appreciate the local league. him making the 30 man list doesn't mean he has automatic slot in the final 23 but will have to prove himself before the gaffer to get a nod.

Sainty92:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:45pm On May 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Why stop there? Why not look at Etebo and Musa? I didn't say he was on EPL level, all I said is that in 21 matches to start the season he has scored more goals than Salah and 2 less than Messi. This has never been done in our league this is why the coach selected him, he earned it.

Etebo and Musa have proved themselves at higher levels.

Our league has a history of one hit wonders who prove to be poor or average players. I want to see what Lokosa does when the bar is raised.

The league is too poor to be a good benchmark.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
DR Congo Name Afobe, Bolasie, Kakuta In Squad To Face Nigeria As Pinnick Confirms Friendly

Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick has confirmed that the Super Eagles friendly against Democratic Republic of Congo on May 28 in Port Harcourt is still on despite suggestions that it will be cancelled due to a fresh outbreak of Ebola in the Central African country.

The Ebola outbreak started more than five weeks ago and has claimed 18 lives, including one health care worker.

Pinnick has stated that there are measures that will be taken by the Nigerian Federation in partnership with the Health Ministry when the Congolese delegation arrives in Nigeria.

''It is in a very remote village in Congo, besides 98 percent of their players are foreign-based players, they are flying in,'' Pinnick told Channels Television .

''They will fly into Port Harcourt at 6pm on the 25th of this month, three days to the march. The airplane will wait for them and take them back.

''Officially just to be cautious, we have written to the Ministry of Health to give us cover, before they leave and arrive they will test them just to take extra precaution.''

Meanwhile, the Fédération Congolaise de Football-Association (FECOFA) has announced a 32-man provisional roster for the trip to Port Harcourt and ex-Arsenal schoolboy Benik Afobe, ex-Chelsea winger Gaël Kakuta, Everton's Yannick Bolasie and Newcastle United star Chancel Mbemba are among the eye-catching names in the group.
The Leopards squad contains three goalkeepers, ten defenders, seven midfielders and twelve strikers.

DRC Provisional 32-Man Squad For Nigeria Friendly

Goalkeepers : Joël Kiassumbua, Nicaise Kudimbana, Parfait Mandanda

Defenders : Issama Mpeko, Jordan Ikoko, Arthur Masuaku, Fabrice Nsakala, Glody Ngonda, Wilfied Monke, Christian Luyindama, Chris Mavinga, Yannick Bangala Litombo, Gabriel Zakuani

Midfielders : Chancel Mbemba, Jacques Maghoma, Taguy Ndombele, Aron Tshibola, Neeskens Kebano, Paul Jose Mpoku, Gael Kakuta

Strikers : Yannick Bolasie, Mubele Ndombe, Chadrack Akolo, Harrison Manzala, Jordan Botaka, Yeni N'Gbakoto, Cedric Bakambu, Britt Assombalonga, Benik Afobe, Kabongo Kasongo, Ben Malango, Rick Tulenge

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : fecofa-rdc.com

Source: http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=27737

Russia 2018 WC Countdown: 30 days 21 hours 33 mins to go
32 men for just a friendly?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:50pm On May 14, 2018
oga if you no like the 30 man list you can create yours! eze was a bonafide member of the chan eagles and distinguished himself in the competition. giving him a chance is normal because rohr monitored that chan team closely and he even had the lad during the team friendlies against poland and serbia which signifies he likes something about his game. what have your arokoyo done since leaving the mls where he wasn't deemed good enough? where is he playing now self hahahahahahahahaha
so kayode should be listed on the ground that he proved himself in last seasons europa league? chai see reasoning hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. tribalism don finish you bros
forgiveness:

Did Simy prove himself in Europa League? If you are talking about flop then Simy Nwankwo is number one based on all his stats but let us not go there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:51pm On May 14, 2018
goldfish80:
The biggest winner in the Nigerian list is Junior Lokosa and Kano fillas. Being on the list is a wonderful boost on his CV in his search for greener pastures.
By the way, If it was between Lakosa and Umar, I will choose Lakosa everyday of the week.

You also told us that Osas was a legit choice at right back. When the bar was raised a little, he could not cope.

Umar is legitimately making heads turn in Holland. Let us see Lokosa's impact when the standard is raised.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2018
you are spot on bro
tbaba1234:

Etebo and Musa have proved themselves at higher levels.

Our league has a history of one hit wonders who prove to be poor or average players. I want to see what Lokosa does when the bar is raised.

The league is too poor to be a good benchmark.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:53pm On May 14, 2018
Sainty92:
Your calling Rohr a daft coach shows ur manners. You don't appreciate good things. I wont go further arguing with such mentality. Use your hand to add Gbenga Arokoyo to d list na

Is Rohr daft? I don't know. I said a daft coach will not chose base on sentiment. Is Rohr in that category?

It is up to you to decide.

Why are you so focused on Gbenga Arokoyo?

Did you not see I mentioned Ambrose?

My friend, you can't hid your heart. I already know where you come from with such mentality.

Besides, Place Gbenga Arokoyo side by side with Eze and tell me who is better, experience wise and club wise?

Of course, you are not ready to know because at the mention of that name, you are put off.

That is the mentality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2018
umar is miles ahead of lakosa abi lacoast. i believe him not making the 30 man list was down to his injury. the lad wowed alot of football fans in the dutch league
tbaba1234:

You also told us that Osas was a legit choice at right back. When the bar was raised a little, he could not cope.

Umar is legitimately making heads turn in Holland. Let us see Lokosa's impact when the standard is raised.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:57pm On May 14, 2018
and also it seem you hid at the back of efe to mention arokoyo's name because a true super eagles fan wont mention that name here let alone agitating for his inclusion to a major tournament as the fifa world cup. eze is young at has all it takes to develop to a top defender in europe, where is arokoyo playing bros?
forgiveness:

Is Rohr daft? I don't know. I said a daft coach will not chose base on sentiment. Is Rohr in that category?

It is up to you to decide.

Why are you so focused on Gbenga Arokoyo?

Did you not see I mentioned Ambrose?

My friend, you can't hid your heart. I already know where you come from with such mentality.

Besides, Place Gbenga Arokoyo side by side with Eze and tell me who is better, experience wise and club wise?

Of course, you are not ready to know because at the mention of that name, you are put off.

That is the mentality.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 9:58pm On May 14, 2018
Wow! In about 2 months time, the trophy will likely land in Nigeria for the second time this year.

Only three teams can stop us: France, Brazil and Belgium. If we avoid this three, nothing will stop the cup touching down here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:59pm On May 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Even Shehu

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 14, 2018
forgiveness:

You only read the cover and not the context. Please, read again.

I have tired!!!!!! Ok I see your point. There's still a chance that some other guys I especially Kayode can be called up if anything happens to the guys on the 30 man list. And while SOME of the names you mentioned are reasonable you will agree with me that sometimes some supervisors and subordinates can't just work together. It does mean the boss is bad or the staff is incompetent but like the French say c'est la vie, that is life.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:07pm On May 14, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
Even Shehu

Again missing the point.. Let the players prove themselves at higher levels. The league is not a good benchmark.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2018
EagleScribes:

Should be Echiejile, to be fair

I want it to be echiejile also
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:19pm On May 14, 2018
mank1234:
Wow! In about 2 months time, the trophy will likely land in Nigeria for the second time this year.

Only three teams can stop us: France, Brazil and Belgium. If we avoid this three, nothing will stop the cup touching down here.
please add Spain to that list...and also Germany..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:20pm On May 14, 2018
forgiveness:

Brazil listed their 23 man list with no back up,it will be better if Nigeria has done so,we already know who is going to the World Cup,some people on this thread are already ranting,no matter how they rant who no go go World Cup no go go

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:20pm On May 14, 2018
charlesemeka85:
good reply man! and where is arokoyo plying his trade now? a times tribalism tend to allow sentiment to cloud some individuals sense of reasoning and judgement. so the Austrian league is now a big league and kayode's performance last season should be a yard stick to have his name on the list? he got a bring break to make a case for himself when he joined girona on loan from city but what was the outcome? so because he is trying to rediscover his form in Ukraine by scoring 3 or 4 goals he now deserves a place in russia? lakosa's inclusion is testament of his good form and also a way to appreciate the local league. him making the 30 man list doesn't mean he has automatic slot in the final 23 but will have to prove himself before the gaffer to get a nod.

The same Austrian league almost got into the Europa League finals. What do you have to say about that?

Besides, he was never given a chance in the first place even last season were his performance went beyond Austrian league to the Europa league. Was he?

Don't forget the likes of Sadio Mane and Gaby Keita were from that same league you condemned.

What was the outcome of his Girona loan spell? Are you kidding me?

I doubt you even watch any of the match he played in?

For your information, he was played majorly as a winger or second striker.

Go and watch his matches before you begin to show ignorance here.

Iheanacho, Musa and Simy are all 'just' rediscovering their forms? Why are you not telling us that or last season forms covered for them?

Oga, all these players are just rediscovering their forms with 3, 4 or 7 league goals in all season. Don't discriminate.

Is Lakosa better than Kayode? Yes or no.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3526) (3527) (3528) (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.