Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11686191 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3527) (3528) (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:21pm On May 14, 2018
The coach can not satisfy everyone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:24pm On May 14, 2018
charlesemeka85:
oga if you no like the 30 man list you can create yours! eze was a bonafide member of the chan eagles and distinguished himself in the competition. giving him a chance is normal because rohr monitored that chan team closely and he even had the lad during the team friendlies against poland and serbia which signifies he likes something about his game. what have your arokoyo done since leaving the mls where he wasn't deemed good enough? where is he playing now self hahahahahahahahaha
so kayode should be listed on the ground that he proved himself in last seasons europa league? chai see reasoning hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. tribalism don finish you bros
eze has the height and quality required of a good defender....all he needs is a coach will bring out the best in him.

I pray he gets to play in the friendlies and could as well get a move to one of the Italian clubs.... I will pick him over omeruo anytime anyday....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:28pm On May 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
The coach can not satisfy everyone.
exactly my brother...
I was waiting for sir forgiveness epistle... he never disappoints.
may be sir komekn will give us his tomorrow.
that's the beauty of this thread... we all don't reason in same direction...there is always disparities in our opinion.. but still we shouldn't allow our individual opinion beclound our sense of reason for the team's progress.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:31pm On May 14, 2018
I feel same Boss Joseph. But I just decided to hide all that and just stay focused on the list. Onyekuru was in super form and surely in line to feature in Nigeria's provisional list since the start of the about-to-be-concluded season. His early season form and eventual invitation to the Super Eagles was testament to his quality and he was in line to possibly break into Nigeria's final 23.
But unfortunately, that old ugly monster called "Injury" came and ruined his chances. It is really sad. Onyekuru will be back. I expect to see him at Afcon 2019. He should just stay strong and keep the fire burning. He has a bright future ahead.

Also, Kayode. I feel for him too. But I guess it came down to a choice between him and Simy. Kayode should keep pushing. He is still a part of the team even from the fringes.

I guess we can only wish the team the best and pray for all players to stay fit and be ready and for those recovering to recover well.

It is nice hearing from you again Boss. Trust all is well with you Sir. Been a long while. smiley

joseph1013:

I feel very bad for Onyekuru.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
So you could imagine Echiejile as WB? Suicidal
Oh suicidal,one of the reason am seeing him being dropped.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:35pm On May 14, 2018
charlesemeka85:
oga if you no like the 30 man list you can create yours! eze was a bonafide member of the chan eagles and distinguished himself in the competition. giving him a chance is normal because rohr monitored that chan team closely and he even had the lad during the team friendlies against poland and serbia which signifies he likes something about his game. what have your arokoyo done since leaving the mls where he wasn't deemed good enough? where is he playing now self hahahahahahahahaha
so kayode should be listed on the by ground that he proved himself in last seasons europa league? chai see reasoning hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. tribalism don finish you bros

You seems to change from team chemistry to Chan competition.

Did Eze play in the friendlies? Why didn't he play?

E for play now. grin

My friend, Eze is not good enough for the super eagles. Take it or leave it.

What has Arokoyo done? Na only Arokoyo you see on the list?

Arokoyo is miles better than Eze. GBAM

Besides, I was trying to show you how lowly Eze is rated in the pecking order in regards to the pedigree of the league he plays hence the need to make reference on Ambrose and Arokoyo. It doesn't mean I wanted Arokoyo on the list.

However, you don't even know he is already playing in Swedish league.

Ambrose is far ahead of those lots. He should have been chosen ahead of Eze. EOD.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:38pm On May 14, 2018
charlesemeka85:
bros stop deceiving yourself abeg. he has taken the first step by having a good season so far, the next step will be replicating half of his present form when he joins a team in Europe or Asia. i'm not sold on our local league players because a lot of them flatter to deceive. i urge the league management company (LMC) to mandate our local clubs to have academies where legitimate young players are groomed and nurtured and should be monitored with strict measures matted out to any that defaults. i'm tired of seeing recycled players or old men claiming to be teenagers when ever i make out time to watch our local league matches. etebo and musa out of many that have painted the local scene with goals and good performances? that shows something is wrong with our league

Oga are you saying Lokosa doesn't deserve a trial or at least a place in the 30-man list despite his exploits?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:40pm On May 14, 2018
asha80:
cheesy
No jokes, Heard it from Brila FM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:40pm On May 14, 2018
Humility017:

eze has the height and quality required of a good defender....all he needs is a coach will bring out the best in him.

I pray he gets to play in the friendlies and could as well get a move to one of the Italian clubs.... I will pick him over omeruo anytime anyday....
Sir,you will pick Eze over Omeruo?pls forget Eze for now,not this WC even in a very lowly Bulgaria league he is poor.

Eze over Omeruo? NO o,haba.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:41pm On May 14, 2018
Truidstar:
Official end of the DESSERS campaign. Team has my 1000% support. Semifinals here we come.

Just saw the Dessers guy, a very different striker to what we have on ground. Ighalo a traditional striker, Nwankwo a box predator, he is a modern striker.

But I still don't understand. Hasn't he been approached? He doesn't look Nigerian though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:42pm On May 14, 2018
Kog45:
Sir,you will pick Eze over Omeruo?pls forget Eze for now,not this WC even in a very lowly Bulgaria league he is poor.

omeruo still has the problem of gifting opponent goals....
he always make mistakes when he gets to play for 90 mins.... I fear for him alot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:45pm On May 14, 2018
charlesemeka85:
and also it seem you hid at the back of efe to mention arokoyo's name because a true super eagles fan wont mention that name here let alone agitating for his inclusion to a major tournament as the fifa world cup. eze is young at has all it takes to develop to a top defender in europe, where is arokoyo playing bros?

How old is Eze? How old is Arokoyo?

Who is Eze to have been considered for the Super Eagles?

See who is accusing someone of tribalism and yet set double standards.

Oga, even though I don't expect Arokoyo on the list but I don't agree Eze is ahead of him as at this moment.

However, Ambrose should have been given the chance ahead of Eze. GBAM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:46pm On May 14, 2018
Kog45:

Some people just like to post anything.

No be someone dey say he would rather bench Victor Moses?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:47pm On May 14, 2018
Humility017:

he always make mistakes when he gets to play for 90 mins.... I fear for him alot.

The way some of you draw conclusions here sef.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:49pm On May 14, 2018
Icon4s:

Some people just like to post anything.

No be someone dey say he would rather bench Victor Moses?
oga icon4 abeg chill....
na my choice...be that.
I have not.really been impressed with omeruo and elderson of late.
he has since not live up to hype when he first rose to stardom some years ago....

it's my opinion though...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:51pm On May 14, 2018
Humility017:

Yes you are right but not Eze,the only defender that can fairly compete with our CBs is Adeleye Olamilekan but out injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:51pm On May 14, 2018
Icon4s:

The way some of you draw conclusions here sef.

if you don't give this young ones chance or rather an opportunity to play...you won't know how good they're.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2018
Kog45:
Yes you are right but not Eze,the only defender that can fairly compete with our CBs is Adeleye Olamilekan but out injured.

if you say so....there is wisdom in your words.
I am.always scared whenever omeruo is on the pitch.... to be honest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:57pm On May 14, 2018
Humility017:

Omeruo is a far better player.. Have you watched Eze in Bulgaria?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:58pm On May 14, 2018
Humility017:

oga icon4 abeg chill....
na my choice...be that.
he has since not live up to hype when he first rose to stardom some years ago....

I think Omeruo had a good season in Turkish league even than Ekong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:59pm On May 14, 2018
After all your rant the only thing I can take away is that you are mad at Rohr for a few inclusions and omissions. That looks like above pass mark to me. Even I am not pleased with the list in it's entirety. It is indeed impossible for Rohr to please anyone completely.

forgiveness:

Well, I will first of all want to understand the reason behind FIFA given teams the free license to submit a strong man 35 players list prior to naming of the final 23 man list instead of just naming the main 23 players.

I want to believe that this is done to allow a team to replace any certified injured player/players in the 23 man list prior to the first match of that particular team.

However, it's expected that the remaining players who don't make the 23 man list will still be part of the team, and remain with the team until the team is sure none of their players are out due to injury prior to the first match.

Therefore, all teams are expected to name a strong 30/35 man list or whatever should any injury predicament befalls them.

Suffice to say, no team will make a list to fullil all righteousness or with weaklines but what I am seeing on this list says otherwise.

Maybe, NFF hid the remaining 5 players on the list, I don't know but I am sure Rohr has made up his mind on who and who goes to the world Cup since 1900 before this list was announced today based on what is on the list and he believes no player can be injured before our first match because he is God who can prevent injury from happening hence the weaklines on his list.

I ask myself, starting from the defence, what is Eze playing in Bulgaria doing on the list?

Is he better than Ambrose, Gbenga Arokoyo etc?

Is he in the team to provide cover for Balogun, Troost or Awaziem peradventure one is out of the competition due to injury (God forbids)? Hahahahahaha! Very funny! I don't think so. Rohr just added him to complete the list without thinking. grin

Okay, peradventure Balogun is out of the competition due to injury and you have Omeruo and Troost-Ekong but one gets suspension for a match, so na Eze una wan put against Argentina? shocked grin Even for bench should Awaziem plays!? shocked grin Rohr must be joking. grin

Don't tell me key players can't injury prior to that time because I cried when Mikel Obi could not make the 2010 WC due to injury even Balogun and Echiejile lost out in 2014, and don't tell me you believe God than all the countries naming a strong 35 man lists because they believe God as much as you do too.

The truth is Rohr just added him on the list. He's not in contention for any slot hence he can be dropped without anyone raising an eye brow.

His slot is a waste on the list.

The midfield. Well, Agbo warm bench until em enter list but who will blame him? He was never given the chance to prove himself. Maybe, Rohr thinks he may flop if he plays and that could call for another player but Rohr doesn't want any player in the team that could take the shine away from his preferred players hence the need to keep inviting Agbo on the list.

There will be no resistance if Agbo is dropped.

However, apart from Mikel Obi, it is a blunt midfield filled with DMFs. Well, not bad if only Joel Obi will make the cut. He is the only CMF on the list.

SMH. Lokosa abi Lukuluku made the list. Untop wetin?

Why did Rohr include Lokosa on the list?

Is he the best striker Nigeria has in the whole wide World?

Can he provide cover for Ighalo peradventure he is out of the competition due to injury?

Will Iheanacho play all the matches from start to finish peradventure Ighalo is out because we know Lokosa is on the bench?

Do you choose players based on sentiment of promoting National league or choosing players based on the best available in the best clubs or leagues in the world?

Which daft coach from among the top Nations going to the world Cup will choose a player from their local league because dem wan promote dem league and ignored their 'best' players based on sentiment?

This was what Keshi did when he didn't think before he released his list for the 2014 World Cup when he was forced to replace Echiejile with Ezeonyi and the conferedation cup when he brought one top goal scorer from the NPFL to come disgrace us because he wanted to promote local league.

Mohammed Gambo was the player out of place in that match he played and he embarrassed the whole country with that his performance yet Rohr and NFF has brought sentiment into play once again.

Can lokako come from the bench and rescue us with a goal?

Well, I know Rohr never listed Lokosa to provide cover or competition for any player, he only brought him to fill the list because he is God to have envisaged that none of the players he predetermined from onset to take to the world Cup could suffer injury. Poor Rohr.

Waste of space again.

Now, to Simy. Rohr confirmed he received a call from his agent to just take a look at the boy and Simy is on the list. grin

Well, he deserves to be on the list but not at the expense of Kayode Olanrewaju because Kayode as it stands has played and achieved at the highest level than Simy.

However, it would have been great both made the list but for some reasons known only to Rohr and NFF which has nothing to do with football reason, both parties have decided from the onset to ignore and exclude Kayode from National team duties even though he was the best performing Nigerian striker in Europe last season and presently proving he could perform if given the chance.

If the likes of Mane Sadio and Nady Keita who both came from the Austrian league where Kayode was adjoured the best player, were Nigerians, they will never smell the National team.

Kayode is still better than both Simy and Lokosa. He should have been chosen ahead of Lokosa and allowed to slug it out with Simy but as it stands Rohr doesn't want Kayode in the National team. This has been made clear from the on set.

Even if he scores 4 million goals per second. It was very obvious from the oneset.

From the look of things, Rohr has decided to go with his preferred players but he must know that from whom much is given much is expected.

If he succeeds, he will be honoured but if he fails, he should be ready to receive the blame alone. No mercy.

This is Nigeria mentality. It is beyond NFF.

On the goalkeeper department, I just dey look.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:00pm On May 14, 2018
Humility017:

if you say so....there is wisdom in your words.
I am.always scared whenever omeruo is on the pitch.... to be honest.
Don't be scared it happened in football but i see him as a good cover for Balogun and Ekong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:02pm On May 14, 2018
I believe Ambrose can (or can at least present a decent cover just in case one of the regulars are injured just as forgiveness argued ), but it seems Rohr is not disposed to older players.

Kog45:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:03pm On May 14, 2018
Humility017:

oga icon4 abeg chill....
na my choice...be that.

So you would rather drop Omeruo and take Sunday Eze to the WC.

Chai!! Fear God o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:03pm On May 14, 2018
tbaba1234:

I watched Eze closely during WAFU and CHAN,kai NPFL coaches need to up their technical know how,the guy lack so many thing as a defender,hope to see him having good development in Bulgaria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:06pm On May 14, 2018
tbaba1234:

You dey mind Humility? Hahaha.
He think say na like that kind them Keshi and Oliseh time.

Rohr till 2022WC!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:07pm On May 14, 2018
andrew444:

Brazil listed their 23 man list with no back up,it will be better if Nigeria has done so,we already know who is going to the World Cup,some people on this thread are already ranting,no matter how they rant who no go go World Cup no go go

Surely, they have back ups. Is it not part of FIFA rules?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:07pm On May 14, 2018
Joebie:
I believe Ambrose can (or can at least present a decent cover just in case one of the regulars are injured just as forgiveness argued ), but it seems Rohr is not disposed to older players.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:08pm On May 14, 2018
Joebie:

Definitely Ambrose should be the man but as you rightly said Rohr is not disposed to older players,check Aiyenugba for instance and i think Enyeama attitude blocked the old boys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:09pm On May 14, 2018
tbaba1234:

no...his Chan performance...still the only display I have of him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:10pm On May 14, 2018
Icon4s:

You dey mind Humility? Hahaha. He think say na like that kind them Keshi and Oliseh time.
Rohr till 2022WC!
being that eze made the 30 man list means he is well rated by rohr and his crew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:11pm On May 14, 2018
Humility017:

if you don't give this young ones chance or rather an opportunity to play...you won't know how good they're.

Oga, we are going to the FIFA WC, this is not a time to keep slots for the younger ones.
The younger ones should wait for the next series of AFCON qualifiers to see if they can have a chance to break in, which should also be by merit.

We have passed that experimental stage. It is time for business now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3527) (3528) (3529) (3530) (3531) (3532) (3533) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, Abusule007, Amedino99(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.