Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11688940 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) (3538) (3539) (3540) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:48am On May 15, 2018
Chrismario:

Wasn't comparing both. I said Umar was in form and yet didn't make the squad. Rohr obviously knows what he's looking for in a striker and he doesn't feel Umar possess it. He could've easily dropped Lokosa if he was that keen on Umar
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:50am On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Iheanacho was not fit for all parts of the first half of the season and I believe the previous pages of this huge thread did justice to that with news and updates. Feel free to scroll back and check them up. You denying knowledge of Iheanacho's toe injury relapse after that first Arsenal game (when he came in as a sub) is very very funny. Leicester kept updating the public before every match day us on how he was trying to battle out of his toe injury and how they must take it easy on him. And how ehen he is fully fit, Leicester will see the best of Nacho... these were even Shakespeare's comments. Egbon Forgiveness... you not knowing this shows your argument is invalid. I will end it here.

How many matches did Iheanacho miss at the first half of the season due to injury? Out of the first 10 matches of the season?

This will solve the puzzle. After all, I can learn new thing today if I see facts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:53am On May 15, 2018
Kayode have never trained at the Etihad. I think that is a good place for you to start. What I have told you is what it is.... but ofcos I don't expect you to believe it.

Kayode chose wrong because of greed and the lure of "big club" so that he may get Rohr's attention in a bigger way. He went about things the wrong way. Newcastle was there and Who knows how his season would have turned out had he gone to Newcastle and showed the EPL the Kayode that no one has seen yet.

Look... your defence for Kayode is over the top. I too felt for Kayode when the 30-man list was released but move on we must. It was always between Simy and Kayode.. and unfortunately for Kayode... Simy was picked and justifiably so too when you consider why.
Kayode plays in Ukraine and only started his resurgence... Simy does his thing in the Serie A and have shown his stuff against teams like even Juventus. Serie A and Ukrainian league no be mate on any universe. This is what you would normally say if the tables were turned.

When it comes to K.Nwakali, you are first to remind everyone that he plays in Holland bla bla bla... bow do same with Kayode and Simy... you refuse. Sir Forgiveness.. plsss be consistently objective. We want the good of this team... The forwards picked merited their places. That is the whole truth.

forgiveness:

Is this a fact or speculation? If it fact, please kindly provide the evidence that backs your claim that Manchester City doesn't have a plan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:53am On May 15, 2018
ykalhaji:
I hail all the regulars ooo, finally the destination of the over 3000 pages is almost reached. I was waiting for chief forgiveness's analysis, although boss has a very dismissive attitude he never dissapoints. Eze is a waste of space, the Lokosa experiment could have being pushed till our next Afcon qualifier. It is not a time for tryouts. But like I said a couple months ago, Rohr had made up his mind on his selection tey tey. Quick question what is everybody's take on Moses Simon ?
With none of the German boys agreeing to play for us, I guess Eze isn't a bad pick. Personally I'd have given his slot to Uche Agbo and invited an additional creative player. I don't think we've tried to address this over reliance on Mikel well enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:54am On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Why didn't you tell Sadio Mane and Gaby Keita to remain in Austria?

Do you pray to be stagnate or progress?
let us look past the ridiculousness of comparing Mane and Keita to Kayode, desperation will make someone even call zobo red wine grin

Did those two players make their own moves in a world cup year? Abi in your bid to drag a dead argument, you missed that point?

Please, stop crying up and down, it is starting to look pathetic. All your wailing cannot put Kayode on the list. Obviously, even if it was a 35-man list and he had somehow made it, he no for still enter 23-man list and you would have still wailed

Better he knows where he stands now rather than for anybody to be giving him false hope

E don do abeg.

PS: Kayode obviously never impressed Rohr, club performance does not get you a spot in the team. He was given chances in the GwG, and he failed to take advantage. Let him bid his time, maybe he will make AFCON team if he is as good as you are forcing us to believe

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 11:55am On May 15, 2018
Luckyroro:
One thing I have noticed here is the fact that there are several football agents on this thread so when their players are not getting invites they start complaining about the coach's unfairness to good players. If there's one thing we must commend Rohr for, it has to be his fairness to in-form players. I remember this time in 2014, We were all confused as to whom will make Keshi's list because we know the politics indigenous coaches play with National team selection. It got to a point that the list was released at about 5:15 PM on a Monday because they were all fighting for their interests. Today, so many of us were able to predict the provisional squad cos of Rohr's sincerity which we haven't seen in a long while. Even Lagerback succumbed to pressure in 2010. Whether your player made the list or not is inconsequential. Let us rally round this team. There's a future ahead of the World cup so they will all get their chances. Good morning

Spot on and best comment so far. No surprises for me at all cos I knew rohr had his world cup team list in the bag during the qualifiers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:57am On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
You only say the bolded now because you refuse to acknowledge the argument line that says EPL and Serie A are Waaaaayyyyy bigger than the Ukrainian league. And The Russian League is also bigger than the Ukrainian league. If Kayode was playing in the EPL now, and Maybe a Musa in the Ukrainian league for Shahktar, you won't play the "Shaktar is bigger" card Egbon... You will play "the EPL is way bigger" card be it in terms of quality of oppositions, players and more.

I remember when Kayode signed for Man City on loan... You were rubbing it in everyone's faces that Man City sold Nacho and signed Kayode... You didn't even wanna acknowledge that Man City sold Nacho with a buy back clause. You were just on and on about Kayode joining City. You and I Know that if Kayode had played one game for City, you will be using that as yardstick as well... Dont lie Egbon... We have played this kinda ping pong before so we know each other wink

Kayode had more chances to feature in the first half of the LA liga season compared to Nacho and Musa in the first half of the EPL season... Kayode had more minutes than both of them all before January even. #Fact.

Musa was not rated by Shakespeare and Nacho had to battle with a toe injury which limited greatly his integration into the Leicester team.

EPL and Seria A are wayyyy bigger than the Ukrainian league but Shakhtar Donetsk is better and bigger than Leicester city, CSKA Moscow and Cronto. There quality of play is lower than Shakhtar Donetsk.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:58am On May 15, 2018
safarigirl:
let us look past the ridiculousness of comparing Mane and Keita to Kayode, desperation will make someone even call zobo red wine grin

Did those two players make their own moves in a world cup year? Abi in your bid to drag a dead argument, you missed that point?

Please, stop crying up and down, it is starting to look pathetic. All your wailing cannot put Kayode on the list. Obviously, even if it was a 35-man list and he had somehow made it, he no for still enter 23-man list and you would have still wailed

Better he knows where he stands now rather than for anybody to be giving him false hope

E don do abeg.

PS: Kayode obviously never impressed Rohr, club performance does not get you a spot in the team. He was given chances in the GwG, and he failed to take advantage. Let him bid his time, maybe he will make AFCON team if he is as good as you are forcing us to believe

Bae....u never even talk abt ur missing DRESSERS ,Whats ur view abt d list wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:01pm On May 15, 2018
Looolll... So you have looked at the first half of the season data and limited it to just the first 10 abi? grin cheesy

Naaah... Let us talk about the whole first half of the season... because it is on record that Nacho's toe complaint was a painfully niggling issue that limited his performances on field. So you refuse to look at the 12 game period for which Nacho was never featured abi? Looolll... You come limit am to just first 10 games... Egbon plsss analyse the whole first half because we know the full story of Nacho's struggle to settle in no thanks to that unfortunate toe injury which kept coming and going before he finally got the better of it.

forgiveness:

How many matches did Iheanacho miss at the first half of the season due to injury? Out of the first 10 matches of the season?

This will solve the puzzle. After all, I can learn new thing today if I see facts.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:03pm On May 15, 2018
tbaba1234:

Etebo and Musa have proved themselves at higher levels.

Our league has a history of one hit wonders who prove to be poor or average players. I want to see what Lokosa does when the bar is raised.

The league is too poor to be a good benchmark.

So give these guys a chance before labeling them failures.

What league doesn't have one hit wonders? Even Hazard plays well only once every two seasons.

Our league might not have the organization but the natural physicality of the league is more than enough of a measuring stick.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:04pm On May 15, 2018
Furthermore, it rewks of desperation that you, oga forgiveness, will compare the minutes of a full season for Kelechi, Simy and Musa to half season for Kayode

If you are comparing half seasons, do so for all three, if it is full, join Kayode's time at Girona as well, let us make comparisons on even ground

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:04pm On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Kayode have never trained at the Etihad. I think that is a good place for you to start. What I have told you is what it is.... but ofcos I don't expect you to believe it.

Kayode chose wrong because of greed and the lure of "big club" so that he may get Rohr's attention in a bigger way. He went about things the wrong way. Newcastle was there and Who knows how his season would have turned out had he gone to Newcastle and showed the EPL the Kayode that no one has seen yet.

Look... your defence for Kayode is over the top. I too felt for Kayode when the 30-man list was released but move on we must. It was always between Simy and Kayode.. and unfortunately for Kayode... Simy was picked and justifiably so too when you consider why.
Kayode plays in Ukraine and only started his resurgence... Simy does his thing in the Serie A and have shown his stuff against teams like even Juventus. Serie A and Ukrainian league no be mate on any universe. This is what you would normally say if the tables were turned.

When it comes to K.Nwakali, you are first to remind everyone that he plays in Holland bla bla bla... bow do same with Kayode and Simy... you refuse. Sir Forgiveness.. plsss be consistently objective. We want the good of this team... The forwards picked merited their places. That is the whole truth.

Nwakali is in the lowly second division of Eredivise. Please don't bring that into play.

If he was playing in PSV or Ajax, who am I to blah blah?

Do you know why what you wrote up there is just your opinion? There's is no fact to back it up.

And to rub salt on injury, Kayode WAS NEVER QUALIFIED for work permit even if he signed for Newcastle. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:06pm On May 15, 2018
safarigirl:
Furthermore, it rewks of desperation that you, oga forgiveness, will compare the minutes of a full season for Kelechi, Simy and Musa to half season for Kayode

If you are comparing half seasons, do so for all three, if it is full, join Kayode's time at Girona as well, let us make comparisons on even ground

Follow the discussion before you start jumping into discuss. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:06pm On May 15, 2018
elyte89:

Bae....u never even talk abt ur missing DRESSERS ,Whats ur view abt d list wink
he will have his time, he is still young. If he is good, he will make the team in due time.

Rohr can only take 23 players and he simply wasn't good enough this year as opposed to his performance last season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:09pm On May 15, 2018
safarigirl:

E don do abeg.

If Mane Sadio and Keita were Nigerians, they will never smell the national team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:12pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Follow the discussion before you start jumping into discuss. Thanks
the discussion is senseless. I have been following it fine and good and have found it silly

Kayode no dey squad, he no dey, the players ahead of him were CLEARLY better. Even that Lokosa has had a BETTER season than Kayode. Simy had eye-catching performances against top teams, not the basic opposition Kayode scored against, and please, let us not compare Kayode to established Super Eagles players like Musa and Kelechi

Only Simy and Lokosa's spots could have been taken by him and they were both better than him.

EOD

The fact that you are the only one disturbing this thread upandan on Kayode's exclusion says a lot about you and your argument......surprise us one day

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:15pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

EPL and Seria A are wayyyy bigger than the Ukrainian league but Shakhtar Donetsk is better and bigger than Leicester city, CSKA Moscow and Cronto. There quality of play is lower than Shakhtar Donetsk.

Looolll... Sadly it is irrelevant. The level and quality of opposition in the EPL and serie A and even Russian League speaks far louder and matter far more than the fact that Shahktar is a bigger team... Fact is they are in Ukraine! Period! You just focusing on an angle that is so irrelevant honestly....

The EPL is far bigger, the serie A is far bigger...the Russian league also trumps Ukraine. Doing well to considerable levels in these top leagues (especially the Big five leagues) put a player at a higher pedestal than anyone doing it for Shahktar in Ukraine or for malmo in Sweden or even for Celtic in Scotland. It is the world ranking fact and this is what matters...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:15pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

If Mane Sadio and Keita were Nigerians, they will never smell the national team.

which players do we have that are close enough to the quality of those guys that have been overlooked?

Name two players of that quality, in that age bracket that has been excluded from this team. I find this statement baseless, you are just being emotional

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:20pm On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Simy resurgence started when?

Over 45 matches in the Seria A for two seasons, how many goals has he scored as a striker?

I know Simy more than many of you here and I knew he also flopped twice in the Portuguese league before he came to Seria A.

Kayode has also performed against Roma on two occasions. So, it's not a big deal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Assbreaker007: 12:22pm On May 15, 2018
I can't even imagine my own self without a good pair of shoes and this is for all men who like to have a great pair of shoes, must check this website. http://footwearscanner.com/best-formal-shoes-for-men-grab-the-best-one/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:25pm On May 15, 2018
safarigirl:
which players do we have that are close enough to the quality of those guys that have been overlooked?

Name two players of that quality, in that age bracket that has been excluded from this team. I find this statement baseless, you are just being emotional

You said Kayode na wash but I made it clear to you that those two aforementioned players came from the same worwor league to outshine our own in the leagues they went. Chikena.

Lokosa and Eze are better than what we have on ground, right?

It is your opinion and it is my opinion. Stick to it and I stick to mine. No wahala. Chikena
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2018
Fact is that Newcastle wanted Kayode. In fact, agreement was sealed. Kayode was even in England because of the Newcastle deal. You are only using work permit ish now to cover for Kayode's inability to gain any relevance at the etihad. Kwantinue okay. smiley

There was no mention of work permit ish when this Newcastle deal was almost sealed. Kayode was immediately farmed out to LA liga by Man City and began playing sef with no hitches... How e come be work permit ish? You are just cooking up inexistential excuses for him. It is stale Egbon... Very stale. Fact is Kayode was never in the picture at the etihad. It is the Truth you refuse to acknowledge.

On K.Nwakali.. Even when he was at VVV Venlo... We all knew what you said. Holland is less in quality than so and so...

So playing for Ajax or Feyenoord or PSV would have done it ba? What about the league strength? cheesy Eredivisie is not even mates with Ligue 1 these days not to mention Portuguese league before even the Biggest Four comes in (Spain, England, Germany, Italy).

Egbon Forgiveness, I remember you said that Ajagun as AM was doing it as the only Nigerian in Europe more consistently than any Nigerian in the world... He was in Holland ooo.. Now he is in Belgium oooo... Playing for Kortrijk not even Anderlecht or Club Brugges... But you didn't send oooo.. It didn't matter to you abi... You were all for his performances... Oya do same for Simy too... Crotone... But difference is that he is in a BIG LEAGUE. You just cannot dribble pass that fact... It is glaring. cheesy

forgiveness:

Nwakali is in the lowly second division of Eredivise. Please don't bring that into play.

If he was playing in PSV or Ajax, who am I to blah blah?

Do you know why what you wrote up there is just your opinion? There's is no fact to back it up.

And to rub salt on injury, Kayode WAS NEVER QUALIFIED for work permit even if he signed for Newcastle. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:39pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Simy resurgence started when?

Over 45 matches in the Seria A for two seasons and how goals has he started as a striker?

I know Simy more than many of you here and I knew he also flopped twice in the Portuguese league before he came to Seria A.

Kayode has also performed against Roma on two occasions. So, it's not a big deal.

Don't assume what you don't know Egbon... I have followed Simy from the word "go" or you think I just stumbled upon his name in a Crotone team sheet? Loolll...

Simy's resurgence started April 4-8 when he started getting a good amount of game time and fine game run and not 19 mins here and 20 mins there and 8 mins over there...

It is well documented that Simy scored most times this sesosn when he featured for more than 70mins... When he is subbed in for 8, 17 or maybe 20 mins... He is not given a fair chance to shine.

And guess what, this resurgence is happening in the world ranking Italian serie A dammit! Not in Ukraine....!!! See the difference now?

And please... Stop using Kayode against Roma from a past season, again, to talk about now... Why you no bring in Musa against Barca too for presesson then? Or Musa against Argentina for WC 2014? cheesy
Simy edges now because his league is tougher ... And is of far stronger quality and index wise, the league strength is huge compared to Ukraine. And he has shown himself capable so far at performing at a very High level such as the Serie A and against Big Guns too.

The End! Haba!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 12:46pm On May 15, 2018
As predicted yesterday by an honourable that there will be a meltdown after the release of the list... It has began.

I don de see your handiwork o @ Forgiveness. Welldone.

One thing is certain Rohr can't satisfy everyone. He has done his best and his best is fair-no favouratism.

Had it been that, the list was drawn by a local/indigeneous coach, here for don turn upside down. Cos am sure nothingless than 50% of names will be new faces, 40% Home Based.

But thanks be to God who has bless us with Gernot Rohr... Who has deliver our football from the hands of corrupt personels and lobbyist.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:47pm On May 15, 2018
Kayode's agent sha won't let us rest..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:59pm On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Looolll... So you have looked at the first half of the season data and limited it to just the first 10 abi? grin cheesy

Naaah... Let us talk about the whole first half of the season... because it is on record that Nacho's toe complaint was a painfully niggling issue that limited his performances on field. So you refuse to look at the 12 game period for which Nacho was never featured abi? Looolll... You come limit am to just first 10 games... Egbon plsss analyse the whole first half because we know the full story of Nacho's struggle to settle in no thanks to that unfortunate toe injury which kept coming and going before he finally got the better of it.

Plesea, let us agree that we are still discussing both players first half of the season. Agreed?

TheSuperNerd:

Iheanacho was not fit for all parts of the first half of the season and I believe the previous pages of this huge thread did justice to that with news and updates. Feel free to scroll back and check them up. You denying knowledge of Iheanacho's toe injury relapse after that first Arsenal game (when he came in as a sub) is very very funny. Leicester kept updating the public before every match day us on how he was trying to battle out of his toe injury and how they must take it easy on him. And how ehen he is fully fit, Leicester will see the best of Nacho... these were even Shakespeare's comments. Egbon Forgiveness... you not knowing this shows your argument is invalid. I will end it here.

I answered you according to the tenor of your comment based on the bolded. You said got toe injury relapse after the Arsenal game which ws the first game of the season for the club, right?

How many matches did he miss after the match? Only two but he was one the bench after the Arsenal match which is one of the two matches.

He started two in two of the matches he played at a stretch before he was left on the bench for the one match and played another 3 matches at a stretch. Meaning he missed only 3 matches in 3 months.

Please, where is the injury in the first half of the season that had him played in almost all the matches for 3 good months?

Admit, Iheanacho was poorer than Kayode in the first half of the season. No excuse.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PenlsCaP: 1:02pm On May 15, 2018
AIG07:
As predicted yesterday by an honourable that there will be a meltdown after the release of the list... It has began.

I don de see your handiwork o @ Forgiveness. Welldone.

One thing is certain Rohr can't satisfy everyone. He has done his best and his best is fair-no favouratism.

Had it been that, the list was drawn by a local/indigeneous coach, here for don turn upside down. Cos am sure nothingless than 50% of names will be new faces, 40% Home Based.

But thanks be to God who has bless us with Gernot Rohr... Who has deliver our football from the hands of corrupt personels and lobbyist.

Go to any bar near u.. Collect bottle of origin, tell say na me send u

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 1:03pm On May 15, 2018
Danielnino00:
Kayode's agent sha won't let us rest..
lmao. I just dey follow the arguments deychop kpomo

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 1:05pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Not true.

Ahmed Musa - 1465 minutes - 8 goals and 3 assists

Kelechi Iheanacho - 1289 minutes - 8 goals and 3 assists (in the English Premier League)

Simy Nwankwo - 1134 minutes - 7 goals and 1 assist (in Seria A, a top 5 European league)

Kayode Olanrewaju - 697 minutes - 3 goals and 2 assists. (in the lowly rated backwater Ukrainian league) +Plus 13 matches in La liga without a goal tongue

They have not all done better than him neither did they all had a wonderful season than him. All are in the same category.

Fixed

SMH

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:07pm On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

You said Kayode na wash but I made it clear to you that those two aforementioned players came from the same worwor league to outshine our own in the leagues they went. Chikena.

Lokosa and Eze are better than what we have on ground, right?

It is your opinion and it is my opinion. Stick to it and I stick to mine. No wahala. Chikena

i asked you to name two players better and you are dancing around the question.

So now, Lokosa and Eze are your issues? No longer Kayode's exclusion.

Eze is an extra. The WHOLE WORLD knows Eze is there to complete numbers, so, his inclusion is not an issue

Lokosa is currently the best forward in the NPFL and based solely on stats, he is the best performing Nigerian forward this season. So, who do you know that is better? Who you for replace am with?

Your opinion, in komekn's words, lack objectivity.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:11pm On May 15, 2018
oga forgiveness i was just waiting for you to comment grin and you didn't let me down.

let me address your concerns from two angles. first speaking generally the list is ok no coach in the world can put up a list that will satisfy everybody. remember aime jaquet the french manager who dropped ginola and cantona before france 98? he was severely criticized for that action yet the french went on to win the world cup. or scolari in 2002 criticized for dropping romario or the italian coach in 1982 who took paolo rossi who was just coming out of a ban for match fixing. no list can 100% satisfy anybody. you have made some good player recommendations such as bryan idowu, tyrone ebuehi and joel obi who are in the team now so it's not all bad like you are painting it. days of player speculation are over now is the time to back the team full throttle. whether or not we do well in russia won't be because any better player was left out.

now to the specifics of what you wrote i agree some of the picks were not the best. eze and agbo realistically would never make the final world cup squad so why waste a spot on them. ambrose as you said and kayode would been better in place of those two. i also would not have personally chosen lokosa but i get the logic behind his selection. that said we are shaping up to take a very good squad to russia.

people to be finally dropped akpeyi, eze, echejiele, mikel agu, agbo, lokosa and between joel obi/simy nwankwo

forgiveness:

Well, I will first of all want to understand the reason behind FIFA given teams the free license to submit a strong man 35 players list prior to naming of the final 23 man list instead of just naming the main 23 players.

I want to believe that this is done to allow a team to replace any certified injured player/players in the 23 man list prior to the first match of that particular team.

However, it's expected that the remaining players who don't make the 23 man list will still be part of the team, and remain with the team until the team is sure none of their players are out due to injury prior to the first match.

Therefore, all teams are expected to name a strong 30/35 man list or whatever should any injury predicament befalls them.

Suffice to say, no team will make a list to fullil all righteousness or with weaklines but what I am seeing on this list says otherwise.

Maybe, NFF hid the remaining 5 players on the list, I don't know but I am sure Rohr has made up his mind on who and who goes to the world Cup since 1900 before this list was announced today based on what is on the list and he believes no player can be injured before our first match because he is God who can prevent injury from happening hence the weaklines on his list.

I ask myself, starting from the defence, what is Eze playing in Bulgaria doing on the list?

Is he better than Ambrose, Gbenga Arokoyo etc?

Is he in the team to provide cover for Balogun, Troost or Awaziem peradventure one is out of the competition due to injury (God forbids)? Hahahahahaha! Very funny! I don't think so. Rohr just added him to complete the list without thinking. grin

Okay, peradventure Balogun is out of the competition due to injury and you have Omeruo and Troost-Ekong but one gets suspension for a match, so na Eze una wan put against Argentina? shocked grin Even for bench should Awaziem plays!? shocked grin Rohr must be joking. grin

Don't tell me key players can't injury prior to that time because I cried when Mikel Obi could not make the 2010 WC due to injury even Balogun and Echiejile lost out in 2014, and don't tell me you believe God than all the countries naming a strong 35 man lists because they believe God as much as you do too.

The truth is Rohr just added him on the list. He's not in contention for any slot hence he can be dropped without anyone raising an eye brow.

His slot is a waste on the list.

The midfield. Well, Agbo warm bench until em enter list but who will blame him? He was never given the chance to prove himself. Maybe, Rohr thinks he may flop if he plays and that could call for another player but Rohr doesn't want any player in the team that could take the shine away from his preferred players hence the need to keep inviting Agbo on the list.

There will be no resistance if Agbo is dropped.

However, apart from Mikel Obi, it is a blunt midfield filled with DMFs. Well, not bad if only Joel Obi will make the cut. He is the only CMF on the list.

SMH. Lokosa abi Lukuluku made the list. Untop wetin?

Why did Rohr include Lokosa on the list?

Is he the best striker Nigeria has in the whole wide World?

Can he provide cover for Ighalo peradventure he is out of the competition due to injury?

Will Iheanacho play all the matches from start to finish peradventure Ighalo is out because we know Lokosa is on the bench?

Do you choose players based on sentiment of promoting National league or choosing players based on the best available in the best clubs or leagues in the world?

Which daft coach from among the top Nations going to the world Cup will choose a player from their local league because dem wan promote dem league and ignored their 'best' players based on sentiment?

This was what Keshi did when he didn't think before he released his list for the 2014 World Cup when he was forced to replace Echiejile with Ezeonyi and the conferedation cup when he brought one top goal scorer from the NPFL to come disgrace us because he wanted to promote local league.

Mohammed Gambo was the player out of place in that match he played and he embarrassed the whole country with that his performance yet Rohr and NFF has brought sentiment into play once again.

Can lokako come from the bench and rescue us with a goal?

Well, I know Rohr never listed Lokosa to provide cover or competition for any player, he only brought him to fill the list because he is God to have envisaged that none of the players he predetermined from onset to take to the world Cup could suffer injury. Poor Rohr.

Waste of space again.

Now, to Simy. Rohr confirmed he received a call from his agent to just take a look at the boy and Simy is on the list. grin

Well, he deserves to be on the list but not at the expense of Kayode Olanrewaju because Kayode as it stands has played and achieved at the highest level than Simy.

However, it would have been great both made the list but for some reasons known only to Rohr and NFF which has nothing to do with football reason, both parties have decided from the onset to ignore and exclude Kayode from National team duties even though he was the best performing Nigerian striker in Europe last season and presently proving he could perform if given the chance.

If the likes of Mane Sadio and Nady Keita who both came from the Austrian league where Kayode was adjoured the best player, were Nigerians, they will never smell the National team.

Kayode is still better than both Simy and Lokosa. He should have been chosen ahead of Lokosa and allowed to slug it out with Simy but as it stands Rohr doesn't want Kayode in the National team. This has been made clear from the on set.

Even if he scores 4 million goals per second. It was very obvious from the oneset.

From the look of things, Rohr has decided to go with his preferred players but he must know that from whom much is given much is expected.

If he succeeds, he will be honoured but if he fails, he should be ready to receive the blame alone. No mercy.

This is Nigeria mentality. It is beyond NFF.

On the goalkeeper department, I just dey look.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2018
asha80:
lmao. I just dey follow the arguments deychop kpomo

His game.plan has been exposed since since... Not a week pass by that he won't mention Kayode.. Better players like Umar,Dessers,Onauchu,Onyekuru,Kalu,Olayinka didn't make the list and we aren't complaining.. but somebody thinks kayode is the Messi,Ronaldo,Neymar and Hazard that we need...
He can wail all he want.. Kayode was given his chance by Rohr and he didn't grab it well... Anderson Esiti,Ajayi,Nwakali,Success, Ideye,Musa Muhammad and Nwaekeme have all been invited and given their chances but didn't grab it well(or their club career miss road) and they were dropped.... but somebody here thinks Kayode is more special...
Kayode should have paid him double to run a Twitter campaign for him like it was done for Omeruo ..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) (3538) (3539) (3540) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, mrwilliams9, PDPGuy and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.