Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,972 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11690271 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) (3538) (3539) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:35am On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
@Bolded... the logic is not cogent at all. Fact is that Shaktar is in Ukraine. Why changing logics now to "if Shaktar was in EPL, or serie A, they will make top 4"? Egbon, I will be honest. It is not true.

Nacho in the EPL, Simy in the Serie A, and Musa in Russian premier league all play in leagues bigger than the Ukrainian league and over the course the season they have better performances and stats compared to Kayode...

You are using Nacho's and Simy's full season stats in two of the biggest top five leagues in the world to compare with Kayode's half season stats in the Ukrainian league.. it is not a balanced analysis at all.

Shahktar Donetsk is bigger and better than Leicester City, CSKA Moscow and Cronto. Fact

And doesn't change the quality of play of Shakhtar Donetsk over these clubs. These clubs will struggle to get top 5 in the Ukrainian league though CSKA Moscow may make the first 3 or 4 based on club rankings.

But you claimed Kayode performance in the first half of the season was poor. Do agree Iheanacho and Musa performance in the first half of the season was even poorer than Kayode's first half of the season?

No! I used both Kayode's first half of the season in La Liga which is better than these aforementioned players and the second half of the season which is all as good as some of these players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:39am On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Even when Kayode was in the la Liga, his first half season was better than some. It's not justified.

The simple truth is that Kayode goofed big time. Either because of greed, bad advice from his agents or some other factors. You don't leave a club where you are banging in goals week in week out for fools gold in Man City with less than a year to the world cup. If he had remained at Austria Wein and maintained the same form, Rohr would have found it difficult to ignore him. Better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond. This is a valuable lesson for Kayode and others.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 10:40am On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Shahktar Donetsk is bigger and better than Leicester City, CSKA Moscow and Cronto. Fact

And doesn't change the quality of play of Shakhtar Donetsk over these clubs. These clubs will struggle to get top 5 in the Ukrainian league though CSKA Moscow may make the first 3 or 4 based on club rankings.

But you claimed Kayode performance in the first half of the season was poor. Do agree Iheanacho and Musa performance in the first half of the season was even poorer than Kayode's first half of the season?

No! I used both Kayode's first half of the season in La Liga which is better than these aforementioned players and the second half of the season which is all as good as some of these players.

what about the quality of the league ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 10:40am On May 15, 2018
For avoidance of doubt... Those names with red lines are the players i personally wish that won't make the final list.

Regardless of that,.. I will support entirely any member chosen in the final 23 by Rohr

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:41am On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Egbon... if we go by "negative what IFs" all the time... we won't also be able to walk out our doors every morning because we would be asking "What if the sun turns extremely and dangerously supernova tomorrow thereby threatening our very existence?"

All these instances you raise are okay but dwelling on them like you expect them to happen is not healthy. It is almost as if you want it to happen so that your point can be driven home... but I have to tell you to please chill aiit. wink Our players will be fit for the mundial... all of them. The signs are good so far and hopefully it stays that way. The season is over. It is just the FA Cup final involving Moses and then the friendlies... chikena.

Ants are considered wise because they prepare against tomorrow.

Can you please remind me of the day Mikel Obi and Echejile got injured prior to the 2010 WC?

Oyinbo man doesn't pray, he prepares against all odds and that is why they are where they are today.

You don't pray for evil but you prepare against evil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:42am On May 15, 2018
To Oga Forgiveness :Ukrainian league of all places. Oga no matter how you try to paint Kayode as Lionel Messi he remains a poor player. He has not proved himself. Kayode is a flash in the pan

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:44am On May 15, 2018
Truidstar:

The simple truth is that Kayode goofed big time. Either because of greed, bad advice from his agents or some other factors. You don't leave a club where you are banging in goals week in week out for fools gold in Man City with less than a year to the world cup. If he had remained at Austria Wein and maintained the same form, Rohr would have found it difficult to ignore him. Better to be a big fish in a small pond than a small fish in a big pond. This is a valuable lesson for Kayode and others.

Why didn't you tell Sadio Mane and Gaby Keita to remain in Austria?

Do you pray to be stagnate or progress?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:46am On May 15, 2018
Joebie:
OGN don start again oh!
Musa Muhammed invited for Atletico friendly.
Maybe Nwakali, Kayode, Sadiq Umar as well grin

The Atletico friendly will feature local lads and fringe professionals so it is possible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:47am On May 15, 2018
zuchyblink:
To Oga Forgiveness :Ukrainian league of all places. Oga no matter how you try to paint Kayode as Lionel Messi he remains a poor player. He has not proved himself. Kayode is a flash in the pan

I know why he is a poor player to you and I already know it has nothing to do with football reasoning.

The future will tell. You are not God.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:53am On May 15, 2018
You only say the bolded now because you refuse to acknowledge the argument line that says EPL and Serie A are Waaaaayyyyy bigger than the Ukrainian league. And The Russian League is also bigger than the Ukrainian league. If Kayode was playing in the EPL now, and Maybe a Musa in the Ukrainian league for Shahktar, you won't play the "Shaktar is bigger" card Egbon... You will play "the EPL is way bigger" card be it in terms of quality of oppositions, players and more.

I remember when Kayode signed for Man City on loan... You were rubbing it in everyone's faces that Man City sold Nacho and signed Kayode... You didn't even wanna acknowledge that Man City sold Nacho with a buy back clause. You were just on and on about Kayode joining City. You and I Know that if Kayode had played one game for City, you will be using that as yardstick as well... Dont lie Egbon... We have played this kinda ping pong before so we know each other wink

Kayode had more chances to feature in the first half of the LA liga season compared to Nacho and Musa in the first half of the EPL season... Kayode had more minutes than both of them all before January even. #Fact.

Musa was not rated by Shakespeare and Nacho had to battle with a toe injury which limited greatly his integration into the Leicester team.

forgiveness:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:53am On May 15, 2018
lexyman:

what about the quality of the league ?

There are some factors used to rate a player. One of them is the quality of the league and the other is the quality of the team/club.

Going by the quality of the team, I don't think Shakhtar Donetsk is a weakling compared to those clubs involved neither is is it a weakling to any of the top 5 in those major clubs. In short, Shahktar Donetsk and the second best club in Ukraine will dominate the Russian league. Fact.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:53am On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

I know why he is a poor player to you and I already know it has nothing to do with football reasoning.

The future will tell. You are not God.
sir, Kayode could be the future world best player but for now he is not better than the strikers called up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:57am On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Ants are considered wise because they prepare against tomorrow.

Can you please remind me of the day Mikel Obi and Echejile got injured prior to the 2010 WC?

Oyinbo man doesn't pray, he prepares against all odds and that is why they are where they are today.

You don't pray for evil but you prepare against evil.

And in preparing against Evil, we don't wish for evil... The 30-man list is out and every possible hole is covered. Unless you are saying we could have unusual happenings like five key injuries to put us in serious crises... Eh?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:01am On May 15, 2018
realpoacher:
For avoidance of doubt... Those names with red lines are the players i personally wish that won't make the final list.

Regardless of that,.. I will support entirely any member chosen in the final 23 by Rohr

You marked out Moses Simon and left Uche Agbo?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:04am On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Oga forgiveness you don start to dey cry like sheep abi ? Because dem no call kayode ? But you will not speak of onyekuru even despite onyekuru injury he had a better season than kayode.

Yes shaktar is a big club,but no shaktar striker will start at leichester as far as vardy is there,no shaktar winger will start at leichester mahrez is there,Fred will make the team of leichester and maybe taison and the shaktar defender,iborra left Sevilla for leichester,adrien silva left sporting cp for leichester,the last time I checked Sevilla is a bigger and better club than shaktar.

Just the way you are crying for kayode if he deserves to be on that team,he is only better than simmy and Lakosa and those 3 will not be at the World Cup

Remember I told you earlier when we had an arguement that kayode will never go to the World Cup,I pray shaktar sign him permanently because he is good.

Stop crying your cry cannot change the list,anyway I expected you to cry when your Yoruba players aren't invited

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:05am On May 15, 2018
Martz101:

This is the problem with Nigerians, Nigeria is done with Ambrose, ambrose is as old as Echiejile even at his best he was never good enough to be trusted in CB position

If we should be having players in the reserve team, it should be younger players and not dead logs

That's the major problem with Nigerians. You discard your best performing players just in the name of old age and rebuilding.

Which nation does that because of age?

You don't even know what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 11:06am On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

There are some factors used to rate a player. One of them is the quality of the league and the other is the quality of the team/club.

Going by the quality of the team, I don't think Shakhtar Donetsk is a weakling compared to those clubs involved neither is is it a weakling to any of the top 5 in those major clubs. In short, Shahktar Donetsk and the second best club in Ukraine will dominate the Russian league. Fact.

i was expecting you to talk about the entire league , you can only pick 2 clubs that are better , same thing you have to consider ....Kayode is not a bad player , but he is not better than any of the selected strikers .. don't forget he has been tested but he brought nothing exceptional ... abi you no watch am play ? head to head Ighalo is better than him , and Simy approach is different ...i have not had time to watch Lokosa .... but 18goals in 21 league matches says it all ... going by the stat . he is better than all the selected strikers .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:08am On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Shaktar is the best club in Ukraine unless you are looking at history then you can call dynamo Kiev.

Shaktar will not dominate Russia,the Cska boys are good there is also zenith the big spenders what about locomotive Moscow ?

Shaktar has won 1 Europa league and Cska has won 1 Europa league,shaktar best champions league performance is round of 16 while Cska Moscow has been in the quarter finals 2009-10 season,so how is shaktar a barter club than Cska ? Or is it because they normally pack Brazilians from Brazil league ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 11:08am On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Well, I will first of all want to understand the reason behind FIFA given teams the free license to submit a strong man 35 players list prior to naming of the final 23 man list instead of just naming the main 23 players.

I want to believe that this is done to allow a team to replace any certified injured player/players in the 23 man list prior to the first match of that particular team.

However, it's expected that the remaining players who don't make the 23 man list will still be part of the team, and remain with the team until the team is sure none of their players are out due to injury prior to the first match.

Therefore, all teams are expected to name a strong 30/35 man list or whatever should any injury predicament befalls them.

Suffice to say, no team will make a list to fullil all righteousness or with weaklines but what I am seeing on this list says otherwise.

Maybe, NFF hid the remaining 5 players on the list, I don't know but I am sure Rohr has made up his mind on who and who goes to the world Cup since 1900 before this list was announced today based on what is on the list and he believes no player can be injured before our first match because he is God who can prevent injury from happening hence the weaklines on his list.

I ask myself, starting from the defence, what is Eze playing in Bulgaria doing on the list?

Is he better than Ambrose, Gbenga Arokoyo etc?

Is he in the team to provide cover for Balogun, Troost or Awaziem peradventure one is out of the competition due to injury (God forbids)? Hahahahahaha! Very funny! I don't think so. Rohr just added him to complete the list without thinking. grin

Okay, peradventure Balogun is out of the competition due to injury and you have Omeruo and Troost-Ekong but one gets suspension for a match, so na Eze una wan put against Argentina? shocked grin Even for bench should Awaziem plays!? shocked grin Rohr must be joking. grin

Don't tell me key players can't injury prior to that time because I cried when Mikel Obi could not make the 2010 WC due to injury even Balogun and Echiejile lost out in 2014, and don't tell me you believe God than all the countries naming a strong 35 man lists because they believe God as much as you do too.

The truth is Rohr just added him on the list. He's not in contention for any slot hence he can be dropped without anyone raising an eye brow.

His slot is a waste on the list.

The midfield. Well, Agbo warm bench until em enter list but who will blame him? He was never given the chance to prove himself. Maybe, Rohr thinks he may flop if he plays and that could call for another player but Rohr doesn't want any player in the team that could take the shine away from his preferred players hence the need to keep inviting Agbo on the list.

There will be no resistance if Agbo is dropped.

However, apart from Mikel Obi, it is a blunt midfield filled with DMFs. Well, not bad if only Joel Obi will make the cut. He is the only CMF on the list.

SMH. Lokosa abi Lukuluku made the list. Untop wetin?

Why did Rohr include Lokosa on the list?

Is he the best striker Nigeria has in the whole wide World?

Can he provide cover for Ighalo peradventure he is out of the competition due to injury?

Will Iheanacho play all the matches from start to finish peradventure Ighalo is out because we know Lokosa is on the bench?

Do you choose players based on sentiment of promoting National league or choosing players based on the best available in the best clubs or leagues in the world?

Which daft coach from among the top Nations going to the world Cup will choose a player from their local league because dem wan promote dem league and ignored their 'best' players based on sentiment?

This was what Keshi did when he didn't think before he released his list for the 2014 World Cup when he was forced to replace Echiejile with Ezeonyi and the conferedation cup when he brought one top goal scorer from the NPFL to come disgrace us because he wanted to promote local league.

Mohammed Gambo was the player out of place in that match he played and he embarrassed the whole country with that his performance yet Rohr and NFF has brought sentiment into play once again.

Can lokako come from the bench and rescue us with a goal?

Well, I know Rohr never listed Lokosa to provide cover or competition for any player, he only brought him to fill the list because he is God to have envisaged that none of the players he predetermined from onset to take to the world Cup could suffer injury. Poor Rohr.

Waste of space again.

Now, to Simy. Rohr confirmed he received a call from his agent to just take a look at the boy and Simy is on the list. grin

Well, he deserves to be on the list but not at the expense of Kayode Olanrewaju because Kayode as it stands has played and achieved at the highest level than Simy.

However, it would have been great both made the list but for some reasons known only to Rohr and NFF which has nothing to do with football reason, both parties have decided from the onset to ignore and exclude Kayode from National team duties even though he was the best performing Nigerian striker in Europe last season and presently proving he could perform if given the chance.

If the likes of Mane Sadio and Nady Keita who both came from the Austrian league where Kayode was adjoured the best player, were Nigerians, they will never smell the National team.

Kayode is still better than both Simy and Lokosa. He should have been chosen ahead of Lokosa and allowed to slug it out with Simy but as it stands Rohr doesn't want Kayode in the National team. This has been made clear from the on set.

Even if he scores 4 million goals per second. It was very obvious from the oneset.

From the look of things, Rohr has decided to go with his preferred players but he must know that from whom much is given much is expected.

If he succeeds, he will be honoured but if he fails, he should be ready to receive the blame alone. No mercy.

This is Nigeria mentality. It is beyond NFF.

On the goalkeeper department, I just dey look.

Better refund the money paid to you by those players else it won't be funny when they come for you... tongue

Nonsense!.. Nonsensical!!... Oniranu jati jati...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:11am On May 15, 2018
forgiveness:

Why didn't you tell Sadio Mane and Gaby Keita to remain in Austria?

Do you pray to be stagnate or progress?

You are not getting my point. Patience. If he had remained in Austria and kept the same form he displayed, he would make the cut for the world cup. He goes to the world cup and does well. His market value goes up. Its a win -win situation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2018
Certitude:

I started since 2002. You got a problem with that?

Really? But my brother... That was also my first full WC naa... I saw little of France 98 because I was 6. But na from Nigeria 99, Afcon 2000, Euro 2000 and UCL 1999/2000 I start my football Journey. grin.

But I dey find that Germany 2006 person.... I need to find am. Dad Icon4s don sabi why... wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:18am On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
You only say the bolded now because you refuse to acknowledge the argument line that says EPL and Serie A are Waaaaayyyyy bigger than the Ukrainian league. And The Russian League is also bigger than the Ukrainian league. If Kayode was playing in the EPL now, and Maybe a Musa in the Ukrainian league for Shahktar, you won't play the "Shaktar is bigger" card Egbon... You will play "the EPL is way bigger" card be it in terms of quality of oppositions, players and more.

I remember when Kayode signed for Man City on loan... You were rubbing it in everyone's faces that Man City sold Nacho and signed Kayode... You didn't even wanna acknowledge that Man City sold Nacho with a buy back clause. You were just on and on about Kayode joining City. You and I Know that if Kayode had played one game for City, you will be using that as yardstick as well... Dont lie Egbon... We have played this kinda ping pong before so we know each other wink

Kayode had more chances to feature in the first half of the LA liga season compared to Nacho and Musa in the first half of the EPL season... Kayode had more minutes than both of them all before January even. #Fact.

Musa was not rated by Shakespeare and Nacho had to battle with a toe injury which limited greatly his integration into the Leicester team.

First of all, your statement that Kayode's season in the first half at Girona-fc was poor, right? Agreed

Now, do you also agree that Iheanacho and Musa's first half season were poorer than Kayode's first half of the season in the la Liga?

I can also make excuses for Kayode.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2018
But how can theirs be poorer when both had less game time compared to Kayode even? Kayode bettered them in the game time dept and still didn't perform. This is just for the first half of the season. Meanwhile Nacho was injured for a good part of the first half of the season while Musa was hardly given a chance.

forgiveness:

First of all, your statement that Kayode's season in the first half at Girona-fc was poor, right? Agreed

Now, do you also agree that Iheanacho and Musa's first half season were poorer than Kayode's first half of the season in the la Liga?

I can also make excuses for Kayode.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:22am On May 15, 2018
Truidstar:

You are not getting my point. Patience. If he had remained in Austria and kept the same form he displayed, he would make the cut for the world cup. He goes to the world cup and does well. His market value goes up. Its a win -win situation.

How can Kayode who was ignored by the coach despite the fact that he was the highest goalscorer and the best player in the same Austria league make the list?

He was told to move away from the Austrian league if he wants to make the team which he did.

Do you want him to disobey the same people who determines who makes the list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:23am On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Really? But my brother... That was also my first full WC naa... I saw little of France 98 because I was 6. But na from Nigeria 99, Afcon 2000, Euro 2000 and UCL 1999/2000 I start my football Journey. grin.

But I dey find that Germany 2006 person.... I need to find am. Dad Icon4s don sabi why... wink

Continue searching son. You are getting close.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:29am On May 15, 2018
But Egbon... Kayode did move and Newcastle wanted him badly. Infact he was supposed to sign for them and feature in the EPL but someone or something ill-advused him and turned his head with a man city offer. It was even a loan offer. They obviously deceived Kayode into thinking he can break into that Man City team. Kayode was not realistic... He followed greed and chose a man city loan for himself when to pep it was all just a business tactic to buy Austria's MVP and resell him based on that prestige and earn some extra change (money) for the City group.

Also, Kayode to Shahktar now could possibly be part of a bigger plan to lure Fred from Shahktar to Man City. Time will tell om that minute detail.

In conclusion, Pep simply had no single plan for Kayode to feature in Man City colors. That is the truth. Kayode should have gone for an EPL club that wanted to sign him outright...

forgiveness:

How can Kayode who was ignored by the coach despite the fact that he was the highest goalscorer and the best player in the same Austria league make the list?

He was told to move away from the Austrian league if he wants to make the team which he did.

Do you want him to disobey the same people who determines who makes the list?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 11:33am On May 15, 2018
Truidstar:

Gbam! There's only one person to blame for Kayode's omission from the squad and his name is Kayode.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:40am On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
But how can theirs be poorer when both had less game time compared to Kayode even? Kayode bettered them in the game time dept and still didn't perform. This is just for the first half of the season. Meanwhile Nacho was injured for a good part of the first half of the season while Musa was hardly given a chance.

Iheanacho and Musa were fit for the first half of the season.

Even though Iheanacho was fit and played for the first half of the season, he didn't perform. We all know how poor he was in the first half of the season.

Musa was with the U23. Is that better than Kayode's first half season?

Can you please show me the matches he missed due to injury in the first half of the season and the length of the injury with facts?

Does it change the fact that Kayode's first half of the season was far better than that of Iheanacho and Musa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:43am On May 15, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
But Egbon... Kayode did move and Newcastle wanted him badly. Infact he was supposed to sign for them and feature in the EPL but someone or something ill-advused him and turned his head with a man city offer. It was even a loan offer. They obviously deceived Kayode into thinking he can break into that Man City team. Kayode was not realistic... He followed greed and chose a man city loan for himself when to pep it was all just a business tactic to buy Austria's MVP and resell him based on that prestige and earn some extra change (money) for the City group.

Pep simply had no single plan for Kayode. That is the truth. Kayode should have gone for an EPL club that wanted to sign him outright...

Is this a fact or speculation? If it fact, please kindly provide the evidence that backs your claim that Manchester City doesn't have a plan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2018
Iheanacho was not fit for all parts of the first half of the season and I believe the previous pages of this huge thread did justice to that with news and updates. Feel free to scroll back and check them up. You denying knowledge of Iheanacho's toe injury relapse after that first Arsenal game (when he came in as a sub) is very very funny. Leicester kept updating the public before every match day us on how he was trying to battle out of his toe injury and how they must take it easy on him. And how ehen he is fully fit, Leicester will see the best of Nacho... these were even Shakespeare's comments. Egbon Forgiveness... you not knowing this shows your argument is invalid. I will end it here.

forgiveness:

Iheanacho and Musa were fit for the first half of the season.

Even though Iheanacho was fit and played for the first half of the season, he didn't perform. We all know how poor he was in the first half of the season.

Musa was with the U23. Is that better than Kayode's first half season?

Can you please show me the matches he missed due to injury in the first half of the season and the length of the injury with facts?

Does it change the fact that Kayode's first half of the season was far better than that of Iheanacho and Musa?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:47am On May 15, 2018
tbaba1234:

Serie A and Eredivise
Wasn't comparing both. I'm saying Rohr could've found a spot for Sadiq if he really wanted to. Form was not the major criteria in terms of the new faces
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:47am On May 15, 2018
andrew444:

Shaktar is the best club in Ukraine unless you are looking at history then you can call dynamo Kiev.

Shaktar will not dominate Russia,the Cska boys are good there is also zenith the big spenders what about locomotive Moscow ?

Shaktar has won 1 Europa league and Cska has won 1 Europa league,shaktar best champions league performance is round of 16 while Cska Moscow has been in the quarter finals 2009-10 season,so how is shaktar a barter club than Cska ? Or is it because they normally pack Brazilians from Brazil league ?

The current UEFA club ratings suggest that Shakhtar Donetsk and Dynamo Kiev are better than CSKA Moscow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3533) (3534) (3535) (3536) (3537) (3538) (3539) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), M7even(m), foxman04, typicalgamer(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.