Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,886 members, 7,859,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11918435 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) ... (16326) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:22pm On May 16, 2018
hahahahaha
if that's the case, why were u making unnecessary noise? Don't be like Tunde Disu o

forgiveness:

Why dem no put am now?

Of course, that goalkeeper coach knew his hand go burn if he does that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:23pm On May 16, 2018
Joebie:
Every Nigerian deserves security.

Hahahahahaha! Na dere you go fear fear. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:25pm On May 16, 2018
abi u sef no know ur right.. na so FG don control u? abi why we vote them in?
they need to do their job and stop bothering someone who is handling his job very well -- Pinnick.

forgiveness:

Hahahahahaha! Na dere you go fear fear. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:25pm On May 16, 2018
Joebie:
hahahahaha
if that's the case, why were u making unnecessary noise? Don't be like Tunde Disu o

It's because you're still learning politics but I know politics up to that stage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 1:26pm On May 16, 2018
Ighalo is the Chinese League player of the Month

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:27pm On May 16, 2018
haha.. u know i challenged u then that ur cries was unnecessary, still you refuse to admit I'm now vindicated. The internet never forgets oh.

forgiveness:

It's because you're still learning politics but I politics up to that stage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:28pm On May 16, 2018
Joebie:
abi u sef no know ur right.. na so FG don control u? abi why we vote them in?
they need to do their job and stop bothering someone who is handling his job very well -- Pinnick.

Is NFF private liablity company limited?

As at today who is finanancing sports in Nigeria including NFF?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:29pm On May 16, 2018
follow the thread..
their influence in football matters is slipping off their fingers.. And they know it.

Modified.
we've not seen anything like this before.. give kudos to the current NFF leadership.. we have a million more things in Nigeria we should rather criticize.

forgiveness:

Is NFF private liablity company limited?

As at today who is finanancing sports in Nigeria including NFF?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:31pm On May 16, 2018
Joebie:
haha.. u know i challenged u then that ur cries was unnecessary, still you refuse to admit I'm now vindicated. The internet never forgets oh.

Like I said, you don't know politics that is why you think it's unnecessary and because you don't understand but by now somebody go dey lick em wound. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:32pm On May 16, 2018
hahahahaha

abeg TheSuperNerd give me that special meme to this stuff below
forgiveness:

Like I, you don't know politics that is why you think it's unnecessary and because you don't understand but by now somebody go dey lick em wound.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:32pm On May 16, 2018
Joebie:
follow the thread..
their influence in football matters is slipping off their fingers.. And they know it.

Modified.
we've not seen anything like this before.. give kudos to the current NFF leadership.. we have a million more things in Nigeria we should rather criticize.

Oga, answer questions.

Is NFF private liablity company, Ltd?

Who is finanancing sports in Nigeria including NFF?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:35pm On May 16, 2018
if you want to hide something from a black man, write it somewhere. No be you quote am earlier?
forgiveness:

Oga, answer questions.

Who is finanancing sports in Nigeria including NFF?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:45pm On May 16, 2018
Joebie:
10 important things NFF boss said in Channels TV interview
Pinnick talks Super Eagles, 2018 FIFA World Cup, grassroots football etc in new interview.

Published: 15.05.2018
Steve Dede
PrinteMail

(Youtube/Channels Television )

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick was on a breakfast show of Channels Television on Monday, May 14 where he discussed a wide of topics including, Super Eagles preparation for the 2018 FIFA World Cup and development of grassroots football.

These are 10 important things he said on the TV appearance.

1. No injury worries for the Super Eagles ahead of the 2018 FIFA World Cup

Pinnick was impressed with the likes of Iheanacho who scored for their clubsides (Holly Allison/TPI/REX/Shutterstock)

Pinnick has played down injury worries for the Super Eagles of Nigeria ahead of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

“You can see yesterday (Sunday, May 13), all our players were blazing. (Kelechi) Iheanacho, (Alex) Iwobi and the boy from Plateau United (Junior) Lokosa, Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon they all scored yesterday,” the NFF boss said.

“The injuries are not to be worried about and their spirit is amazing, they are thinking about the World Cup and that gives us so much joy."

2. 2018 FIFA World Cup target for Super Eagles

The NFF boss refused to state an outright target for the Super Eagles of Nigeria at the World Cup and said the federation are just doing all they can to encourage the players.

3. $2.8m for Super Eagles

Pinnick reveals how the NFF and Super Eagles shared their World Cup bonuses (Mark Leech Offside Getty Images)

Pinnick also revealed that from the $8m expected from FIFA, the Super Eagles are to get 30% of it, about $8m for their 2018 World Cup bonuses.

This was agreed after a meeting between the NFF and senior players.

4. The vision of the NFF

During the interview on Channels TV, Pinnick stated that the vision of his NFF is to make football the integral part of the Nigerian economy.

“In 1992, when the Premier League started, they requested $200m from the British government, not to give to the clubs but to develop their infrastructure,” Pinnick said.

“Today the British Government rake in between $2.5b to $3bn pounds on taxes and other direct activities relating to football annually.

“It adds to their GDP and that’s exactly what I wanted to do. Our programs include the QIP, the quick impact programmes which of course means we want to qualify Nigeria for all major tournaments because sporting successes also impact on your cooperate existences.”

5. Football houses all over the country
Pinnick revealed that the NFF ready to commission six football houses (secretariats for state FAs) in the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria.

The NFF have also commenced the building of more 12 of these houses across Nigeria.

“This is important because the problem we have is for example if you go to your state, you discover a player, you don’t nurture that player to greatness,” Pinnick said.

“There is what is called the FIFA connect program. Whereby every football stakeholders are already registered under the FIFA Connect programme.

“If you are discovered as a six-year-old, you get connected to a FIFA connect program and at that level, the state starts nurturing you.

“You cannot change the age of the player, you cannot change the name of the players because the player is being monitored by FIFA through NFF and through the state FA till he becomes a star."

6. NFF not paying a dime for Super Eagles Team B Vs Atletico Madrid

Pinnick says NFF is not paying for the friendly game between Super Eagles Team B and Atletico Madrid (CAF)

Pinnick revealed that the NFF will not be ‘spending a dime’ for the friendly game between Super Eagles Team B and Atletico Madrid.

7. DR Congo players to be tested to Ebola in Port Harcourt

DR Congo players will be tested for Ebola Virus on arrival in Port Harcourt for the friendly game against the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

8. NFF get half of their budget from corporate sponsorship

Pinnick also revealed that the NF get half of their annual budget from corporate sponsorship.

“Our budget in a year is about between N5.5b to N6b and as I speak to you the NFF is about doing about N3.5b from corporate sponsorship,” Pinnick said.

“Within the next one and a half year, our target is to be 100% self-funding.”

9. Pressure from players

While denying reports that Super Eagles boss Gernot Rohr has been pressuring players to sign with an agent so they can make the World Cup squad, Pinnick revealed that he has been pressured by some agents to make sure their clients are in the list.

“I told them that I am the wrong person to meet. It is the call of the coach,” Pinnick said.

10: Ignoring court case distraction

Pinnick refused to respond to questions about the court cases he is facing and said their only focus is on the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

“We want to focus just one the World Cup because we believe that for the first time, Nigeria can focus on the World Cup,” he said.

--PulseNg

Joebie:
if you want to hide something from a black man, write it somewhere. No be you quote am earlier?

See the bolded in no 8

Where did NFF get the other other half of their budget? grin

Who be the black man wey dem hide something for book btw you and I? grin

Now, answer questions

As at today who is finanancing sports in Nigeria including NFF? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:47pm On May 16, 2018
i don answer your question not even in that article.. abi make i talk am like ABC?
oga, when u see something good appreciate it.. The world will never be a perfect world until Kingdom comes. You can't have everything your way.

forgiveness:

Where did NFF get the other other half of their budget? grin

Who be the black man wey hide something for book btw you and I? grin

Now, answer questions

As at today who is finanancing sports in Nigeria including NFF? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:50pm On May 16, 2018
The NFF has a target to fund itself 100% in a couple years time.. is that not a good goal Egbon Forgiveness ? why not focus on that and stop hating everything about the NFF just because of your perceived marginalization of... and corruption.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:06pm On May 16, 2018
Joebie:
i don answer your question not even in that article.. abi make i talk am like ABC?
oga, when u see something good appreciate it.. The world will never be a perfect world until Kingdom comes. You can't have everything your way.

Hahahahahaha! I thought you said I no sabi read wetin dey for book. Hahahaha!

Answer question and quite the sermon, please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:22pm On May 16, 2018
LOL. Well, Taju Disu is definitely the right person to talk about "godfatherism" because he only made it into the national team thru godfatherism.

So somebody must be speaking from experience here.

O pari

forgiveness:

'No sentiment, no godfatherism' - Taju Disu warns Rohr over Nigeria's final selection for World Cup
Tolu Olasoji

Deputy Editor Nigeria

The Super Eagles provisional 30-man list was released on Monday and the ex-international has called for transparency in choosing the best...
Sentiments and godfatherism in choosing Nigeria's final 23 players for the 2018 World Cup 'is going to kill the team', warns ex-international Taju Disu.

On Monday, captain John Obi Mikel was joined by 29 others in the provisional list ahead of the Super Eagles' campaign in Russia.

And while the former defender feels the list is decent enough, he urges coach Gernot Rohr that all players be given fair hearing in the buildups, and the final decision should be void of influence from higher authorities or sensationalism.

"So far, so good I think the list is okay," Disu told Goal.

"But what I would say is they should not base everything on sentiment, they should go out there with the best legs. No sentiment, no godfatherism because it is going to kill the team.

"It is always like that. Nobody should go into the world cup because he has a godfather. But I pray it doesn't happen because I know it is been happening."

Disu feels veteran striker Obafemi Martins was 'unfortunate' not to have made the list after his exploits with Shanghai Shenhua was halted by a serious injury, thus, ending hopes of a recall.

And with Nigeria set to play DR Congo, England and the Czech Republic to prepare for the World Cup, the former Abiola Babes defender believes some players, with outside chances, might use that opportunity to gatecrash the setup.

"At the end of the day, you never know what would happen because when they go out for trials, players you don't even think that would impress would eventually go there and perform well and make the team. So, I think it is still open to everybody," he said.

Five wing-backs have been selected in the preliminary list with the experienced Elderson Echiejile part of them.

The left-back's stock has dropped massively and prior to his recent call-up, he has yet to feature for the national team since the crucial win over Zambia in Uyo.

Also, he has only 12 appearances [nine league games] across all competitions in loan spells at Sivasspor and Cercle Brugge this season.

"Well, the coaches picked him again, so the only thing I will say is at the end of the day I love coaches who pick players on merit and not sentiment," Disu continued.

"If you pick players along because of sentiment or because they have godfathers, it is going to hurt the team at the end because the World Cup is a global tournament; a tournament you have to go with only your best.

"You must go there with players ready to play at any time because anything can happen, injuries can still happen. You don't pick players just to make up the numbers or based on sentiments because the opportunity might come there for him to play - anybody might get injured.

"That's the advise I'd offer Rohr, because I know there'd be some players, imposed on him by some so-called godfathers. It's bound to happen. So, the coach should know he has [the 23 men] to prepare, not picking some just to make up the numbers. Go there with the best legs and make sure they represent Nigeria well."

Nigeria face Croatia, Iceland and Argentina in the Group D.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/938069702?-18946:4882

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:24pm On May 16, 2018
And you still wonder why this man is no longer the Super Eagles coach grin Haha!!

And by the way, I can name more than 3 useless players that always made Samson Siasia's team!!

O pari

Joebie:
Siasia: Ambrose, Ajayi, Ejide Should’ve Been In World Cup Squad; Eagles Can’t Win Trophy

May 15, 2018 10:42 pm

By Richard Jideaka, Abuja:
Former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia has expressed surprise at the exclusion of the duo of Ambrose Efe of Hibernian and Al Ahly’s Junior Ajayi as well as goalkeeper Austin Ejide from the 30-man provisional list for the Russia 2018 World Cup, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Siasia told the media in Abuja on Tuesday that the coach Gernot Rohr has made his selection, and his choice of players for the World Cup should be respected because he is responsible for whatever result the team get in Russia.

“I think Efe’s experience and form for his Scottish side Hibernian is good enough to get him into the list, and he would be of immense help to the Super Eagles defence at the World Cup while Junior Ajayi would have added fire power to the Eagles attack, and should have been given the chance to prove himself,” Siasia, who starred for Nigeria at the World Cup in 1994, said.

“All the same, the coach knows what he is doing and has picked his team, we just have to support him for Nigeria to do well in Russia. We cannot win the World Cup but if we emerge from the group stage, our team can spring some surprises.”

Asked if the exclusion of Vincent Enyeama would be felt in the Eagles, Siasia’s answer was an emphatic no, stressing that the former captain of the Super Eagles was not keen to be part of the team and he has not been playing for his club Lille.

He said Ezenwa was number one during the qualifiers and should retain that role for World Cup. Siasia however wished that the coach had extended invitation to Austin Ejide for his experience and physicality.

--CSN
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 2:25pm On May 16, 2018
diversion

england really have deficiencies in the midfield of their named world cup squad..they really have to work on grooming good players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:25pm On May 16, 2018
Joebie:
The NFF has a target to fund itself 100% in a couple years time.. is that not a good goal Egbon Forgiveness ? why not focus on that and stop hating everything about the NFF just because of your perceived marginalization of... and corruption.

NFF is autonomous hence government should shut up because they don't need the government. Was that not your argument?

As it stands NFF must respect the government because they fianance them and are part of the government parastatals.

So, can NFF shut up the government they are still receiving half of their budget from?

If they suceeded fine. No problem.

Even their success to achieve success to achieve 100% still depends on the government. Hahahaha! Na dere you go fear. grin

You should focus on that and stop deviating from koko of discussion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:25pm On May 16, 2018
England release 23 man squad

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:27pm On May 16, 2018
Are you serious at the bolded? I would be interested to see those posts. I am not saying that I don't believe you but I just wanna prove it to myself grin

O pari

Taliban:

Old Striker. With all due respects to you and not on the side of Forgiveness, whether he's a tribalists or not I don't know but what I do know is besides Fred Onyedinma that Chrismario wrote below, Forgiveness on this forum has canvassed for
Efe Ambrose, Josh Onomah, Even Simi Nwankwo (he talked about Simy being given a chance within the last month).
To his credit when some people said Eze is better than Omeruo, he called them out immediately and stated that there is no basis for comparism. He is also a fan of Joel Obi. For all it is worth while I totally support the team, the coach and the team list truth be told a player like Ajagun was never given a chance, I agree everyone can't make the team. Also to Kayode's matter, I feel his case is like that of a person that they want to burn and he also went to rob his body with palm-oil. It is on record that he destroyed the sports admin career of Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi one of the Godfathers of football admin in Nigeria, maybe the beef is still there with NFF but his move to Man City and failed loan at Girona nailed the coffin for him plus getting suspended for fighting attacking a referee is a bad disciplinary issue. If he's truly the age he claims, I believe with time he would break into the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:27pm On May 16, 2018
Joebie:
hahahahaha

not Tunde Dish but Taju Disu a member of 1983 U20 to mexico.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:28pm On May 16, 2018
Nna bros, sometimes I feel like giving that dude a hard knock on the head to help him see reason shocked

O pari

TheSuperNerd:

Looooollll.... O pari master.... Calm down Man. Oya breathe... Just breathe aiit... In... Out... In... Out... cheesy

Forgiveness na Egbon and like My Dad Chief Icon4s said to the latest addition, Sir Lucky... No comment, Idea or opinion is stupid..... wink

Leave me and Egbon Forgiveness... We sabi how we dey roll now... grin

But shaaa... You dey vex oooo.... Hahahahahahahahaha....

Oya do this below... Use pegs if possible... wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:31pm On May 16, 2018
Komekn, I sincerely do apologize if you are not Forgiveness. But there must be a twin somewhere because the style of writing and the style of arguments are strikingly similar grin

O pari

komekn:

I had to look up the meaning of alter ego again because I couldn't believe the context in which you use it.

You used the word tribalist as a negative descriptive term.

I really do not understand tribalism. I was born in the UK, came to Nigeria to complete hight school returned to the UK to complete university.

So I speak Igbo first, then my Urhobo / Isoko and if course Warri pidgin and then a smattering of Yoruba.

I would describe myself as totally detribalised.

Recommended players;
Ademola Lookman
Fred Onyedinma ( off the boil now)
Seyi Ojo
Dominic Iorfa
Obagoal first on my list unfortunately Injured.
Efe Ambrose
Sone Aluko
Uche Ikpeazu
Tega Onomah
Tega Abrahams
Ovie Ejaria

Anybody going to Kaliningrad to watch the game I'm intending to go Lithuania seem to be entry cheap flights from Manchester. Maybe then they can testify that I'm not forgiveness LOL

Or if you like I'll be in London to watch Nigeria play England. I'll be with quite a few former Nigerian internationals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 2:31pm On May 16, 2018
England don release their own too

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:31pm On May 16, 2018
tbaba1234:

Tammy name shld.b on 2nd page grin grin grin,tbaba1234 no capture dt side,y na angry?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2018
Wow. They are not playing. You're either in or out. Anyway, all their players are home based so there's really not much to evaluate because Southgate watches them every single week.

O pari

tbaba1234:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:33pm On May 16, 2018
England stand-by list

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 2:38pm On May 16, 2018
tbaba1234:
No Walcott.

Chai! Some players are just destined not to play at the biggest stage. He was called twice but ruled out by injury. Now that he is fit, invitation was not extended to him.

Such is life.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:39pm On May 16, 2018
elyte89:

Tammy name shld.b on 2nd page grin grin grin,tbaba1234 no capture dt side,y na angry?

Tammy is still young, there is always next WC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:46pm On May 16, 2018
No Walcott, no Joe Hart, and no Jack Wilshere.

When I told them that Jack Wilshere is the MOST overrated footballer in the whole wide world, they thought that I was kidding grin grin

O pari

AIG07:
No Walcott.

Chai! Some players are just destined not to play at the biggest stage. He was called twice but ruled out by injury. Now that he is fit, invitation was not extended to him.

Such is life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) ... (16326) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2, Dcypher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.