Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,571 members, 7,837,165 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11791377 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3867) (3868) (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) (3873) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
I have been singing like a bird that if it is not 3 at the back, forget it. We played well in the second half because of the change to 3 at the back.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
bengine:

The ball slipped under Uzoho's arms. Very weak goal keeping

Abeg can't you see the shot went thru a defenders leg, you only show up to critize the young man..he was easily one of our best players in that first half...

can't you even see Onazi poor display leading to that goal, it was pure counter attack loosing the ball in a bad area..Uzoho saved our ass a lot in this game..none of the goalies we have currently can do better than he is doing..

Talk till Christmas that goal was weak but apart from that he was ok. His service sucked he held on to the ball to long but he did well. I would go with him also.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
We’ve been saying this
Icon79:
Oh, Ebuehi is a no brainer now. I will cry blue murder if Rohr starts Shehu ahead of Ebuehi in Russia. The differences in quality is not even close.

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
My best players of the game are Iwobi followed by Uzoho though the later should have done more with that 2nd goal. If other players were as brave as this two we wouldn't have lost this match.

I was impressed with Uzoho's dominance in the air, his awareness (look how he anticipated that cross from Sterling and scuttled it), his reflexes etc. Like I always say, my boy is a special talent.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Would you also bench Mikel? He sucked today btw
mikel got his acts together as the game progressed but can we say same for moses? look here am only scared for history repeating itself on moses issue, the dude has done well for us within the african borders but beyond africa, even the likes of musa has done better, why?

moses had to be dropped to the bench in 2014 for us to have a chance to qualify for the second round, he is regarded as Nigeria's best export player so for how long will that be on paper and not be in reality when it matters most, mhen am sick of moses
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
Michael please where are you? Those who called us clueless and haters have finally been treated to a sweet dinner by their Onazi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zakamori: 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
bengine:

The ball slipped under Uzoho's arms. Very weak goal keeping

Abeg can't you see the shot went thru a defenders leg, you only show up to critize the young man..he was easily one of our best players in that first half...

can't you even see Onazi poor display leading to that goal, it was pure counter attack loosing the ball in a bad area..Uzoho saved our ass a lot in this game..none of the goalies we have currently can do better than he is doing..

This is what I'm wondering if people saw. IT was disappointing to see the ball enter the goal, but the man saw that ball too late. There was a defender in front of him, how did the ball pass through the defender's body? If the ball had been kicked around the defender, uzoho would probably have kept it out...the ball went through the defender's body...gives the keeper too little time to react since it was close to goal.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zanas: 8:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
After what happened today, maybe we should remove the super for now and just call the team eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mujtahida:

I hate this crassness. What they want is for us to say the team is below average, and put up not even a whiff of hope or expectation. Wimps and idiots. Men with no balls.

Even this morning listening to the presser by Mikel and Rohr, Mikel said we are the acknowledged underdogs in the group. Icons4 repeats it almost daily but we have resolved to keep faith with the team. That is what this weasels who call themselves fans do not want. Our faith in the team is what drives annoys them. We should give up - that one will give them joy. Thunder fire them.

Ok bros. That's enough.

You are an elder here. Yet it's like you're starting the insults this time around. Some of us here enjoy your analysis.

However, if Mr A says this team is average, it is Mr A's opinion. Just like when some people hyped Joel Obi here.

If you don't like their opinion, don't read them or better still try to counter with supervisor arguments like you've been doing.

No need to roll in the gutter. This thread has had too much of this in recent times and people like you should be the voice of reason.not the fuel of acrimony

Please bros ehn. E Don do. After all, even if we soar high, all of us will be happy, both the optimists and pessimists

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
Big teams Will struggle against us if we play 3 at the back and 2 wing backs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
Now that second goal was actually save able, tall keepers find it hard to save a low shot. considering the pace of the shot it was fast. but Uzoho didnt get to ground quick enough to keep the ball, he should take part of the blame, work more on ground shots cos he will be seeing more of it in the worldcup.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
sorry to digress, You can watch Belgium vs Portugal is live here http://nairatv.com

Note..it opens two pop ups
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2018
Zanas:
After what happened today, maybe we should remove the super for now and just call the team eagles
So you decided to take the opportunity of posting where sane arguments are flying and you spout this trash?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
lexyman:

grin grin grin THE GUY HID NO BE SMALL .... some will say he should't start from the bench
Never been a fan of Victor Moses - probably my bias just getting the better of me (being an Arsenal fan, hating anything blue)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
Onazi was utterly rubbish truth be told that matuidi tackle four years ago did him in. Joel has finally shown that he's not it. Honestly those 2 deserve to be dropped for such a shambolic first half. Victor moses also needs to be brought down to earth all this prima donna rubbish is irritating. Yes Francis uzoho should have done better with harry kane's goal but after all the pressure he was under from the english attack I think we can cut him some slack.

Overall a disastrous game was redeemed with a good performance in the second half team still needs serious work. As for rohr as much as I commend him for making the tactical switch and enforcing personal changes he can't honestly tell me that he sees onazi And joel in training and still thinks they deserved a starting place really poor decision from him.

Haven't lost hope in the team come rain come sunshine I will still back them but at least one good outcome from this game is that we can all now calm down and manage our expectations.

Let's go super eagles

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
For the first time Vic Moses look like a local champion and ordinary today.
Nothing to write home about...

Onazi and Joel lack communications

Nacho also had a very bad game.

Ighalo is still number one Striker...hes tracking back and hold up play is credible...

Uzoho is gaining more confidence thank God Rohr is playing him throughout the all friendlies... That's great

Ogu as part of three man defense is so beautiful to watch... No gragra... Ability to recover on time is second to none.

Ebuehi sealed the right back... He is the man for the job... So technical. And flexible.

Balogun have best first half

Mikel was lost at first half... Caged

Iwobi was greatbut need to work on his shooting more he would have given us two goals today...

Brain was calmed and rigid

Musa wit his pace looking so sharp but still lack communication with left wing...

Etebo was calm no too much speed think he held to Rohr instructions..

The team will have time to jelly before world cup...
We decided not to play with full strength in second half... Just to get a goal and have a narrow loss... Winning isn't important cos of spies around...

4321 or 343 formation need to be perfect very well..

Our set pieces need to be worked on.

Well done boys...

#Soarsupereagle

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neezar: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2018
modric be looking at our midfield like

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
darkelf:

Ok bros. That's enough.

You are an elder here. Yet it's like you're starting the insults this time around. Some of us here enjoy your analysis.

However, if Mr A says this team is average, it is Mr A's opinion. Just like when some people hyped Joel Obi here.

If you don't like their opinion, don't read them or better still try to counter with supervisor arguments like you've been doing.

No need to roll in the gutter. This thread has had too much of this in recent times and people like you should be the voice of reason.not the fuel of acrimony

Please bros ehn. E Don do. After all, even if we soar high, all of us will be happy, both the optimists and pessimists
E don do jare. Thank you. See I have no problem with diversity of opinions. If you read this thread, you'd know I've always insisted on divergence of views.

I recall recently when someone said that the team is average. I told him monkey no fine(meaning we acknowledge this glaring fact) but him mama like am(meaning we have Faith in the team regardless)

So if a father has a child who is below average, all he'd do in the name of objectivity is to cry all the long in the neighbourhood 'my child is average, my child is average'. Such men are idiots.

I never was good in mathematics as a child (even till now I'm so poor with numbers) but omo my father like a true soldier that he was never gave up on me knowing maths. Try, try, try again was what he dinned into my ears not you have failed, failed, failed again. That's the mind with which many of us approach this team. But someone comes in here and labels that positive believe foolishness or overhype. Such a person has insulted the collective intelligence of this thread, he has shown gross disrespect and should be made to know it.

No wahala Bro. We are together.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Zanas: 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
Odunayaw:
So you decided to take the opportunity of posting where sane arguments are flying and you spout this trash?
You're the one spouting trash. I am not part of whatever argument you guys are having. This is a 'super' eagles thread and I just stated my opinion on the state of the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
Right from day that Joel Obi to this team, I have been shouting here that the guy is CRAP. No one believed me. Because of him now Ogu is one the bench. Ogu is slow but he is a very calculaive player.

Ogu has so many advantages than that empty Joel obi. Ogu brings stability to the team in the middle.

Don't even get me started on Onazi, left to me Onazi and Joel obi should stay far away from this team.

Look at how the game changed in the second half after Iwobi and Etebo took over from those two clowns in Onazi and Joel.

Iwobi has shown that he is born for the middle. See the way he took complete control of that midfield. He literally stole it from the English.. He brought Nigeria back into contention. What he did today is what we expected from Joel Obi all along. Thats how a CM play.

Iwobi became the cement between the defence and the attack. He showed today that he can dribble, he can assist, he can play deep, and he can singlehandedly change the course of a game.

Nigeria now has 3 standard game changers. Mikel, Iwobi and V. Moses....

Anyone of them is a game changer peradventure the others doesn't come to party.

Mikel destroyed Argentina, Moses destroyed Algeria and Cameroon, today Iwobi changed this England game.

Lets pray that 2/3 of them comes to party in our matches in the world cup at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
Una wan blame Uzoho? Why didn’t we score more than 1 goal. I said pages back that our problem will not be in the gk department, but our forwards will need to deliver.
Uzoho had an above average game. And that’s great for an opponent like England playing at home. He will get even better before the WC.
Expect him again in goal for the full 90 mins against Czech

Icon79:
Bros, calm down. Uzoho impressed me today actually. Frankly, I wouldn't blame him for any of the goals. The second goal was a bullet shot from a top striker, not many keepers can keep that out. Personally, Uzoho wouldn't be my preferred keeper if we have lots of options, but right now he's the best man for the job.

O pari

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
Goke7:

not when it matters please, moses was a flop in 2014, looks like it will happen again in 2018, if am rohr, moses will only be coming in second half of our games, are you aware a babatunde from no where benched moses in 2014? I see another player benching moses again, am tired of the guy abeg. onazi na confime flop, perhaps an ndidi has been covering up for him all this while

onazi had a poor game today, I'm his fan but that won't remove his good games in super eagle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
By Now, Rohr should know his first 11.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neezar: 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2018
I just love this victor moses guy(no homo)....The guy is always trying to initiate something for the team

Just see how mikel was just strolling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
Zanas:

You're the one spouting trash. I am not part of whatever argument you guys are having. This is a 'super' eagles thread and I just stated my opinion on the state of the team
And that banal piss is your opinion? really?
And you're an adult?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
zuchyblink:
I have been singing like a bird that if it is not 3 at the back, forget it. We played well in the second half because of the change to 3 at the back.
Rohr should start seeing reason to this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
There are people who believe that where u play determines your quality. But there remains another challenge. Translating it to national assignments. Football no be 1+1. Ogu from a backwater league have been in good form for us since his return to SE.

realpoacher:
Right from day that Joel Obi to this team, I have been shouting here that the guy is CRAP. No one believed me. Because of him now Ogu is one the bench. Ogu is slow but he is a very calculaive player.

Ogu has so many advantages than that empty Joel obi. Ogu brings stability to the team in the middle.

Don't even get me started on Onazi, left to me Onazi and Joel obi should stay far away from this team.

Look at how the game changed in the second half after Iwobi and Etebo took over from those two clowns in Onazi and Joel.

Iwobi has shown that he is born for the middle. See the way he took complete control of that midfield. He literally stole it from the English.. He brought Nigeria back into contention. What he did today is what we expected from Joel Obi all along. Thats how a CM play.

Iwobi became the cement between the defence and the attack. He showed today that he can dribble, he can assist, he can play deep, and he can singlehandedly change the course of a game.

Nigeria now has 3 standard game changers. Mikel, Iwobi and V. Moses....

Anyone of them is a game changer peradventure the others doesn't come to party.

Mikel destroyed Argentina, Moses destroyed Algeria and Cameroon, today Iwobi changed this England game.

Lets pray that 2/3 of them comes to party in our matches in the world cup at the same time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
edi287:

Rohr is persisting with Joel Obi because he knows what an inform Joel Obi can bring. However, world cup go soon start. We don't have time to gamble on him. He needs to be dropped or not be a starter
He will adapt, with the kind of display from onazi today he is neede
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 02, 2018
neezar:
so na this our midfield wan stand with the likes of modric, kovacic rakitic and the rest

another avenue for modric to increase his buyout clause

I so much love our group cheesy cheesy

You've made no point really.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mujtahida:

I hate this crassness. What they want is for us to say the team is below average, and put up not even a whiff of hope or expectation. Wimps and idiots. Men with no balls.

Even this morning listening to the presser by Mikel and Rohr, Mikel said we are the acknowledged underdogs in the group. Icons4 repeats it almost daily but we have resolved to keep faith with the team. That is what this weasels who call themselves fans do not want. Our faith in the team is what drives annoys them. We should give up - that one will give them joy. Thunder fire them.

Don't disturb yourself.. .. Just need to overlook them so that they won't give you HBP...

Where I watched the match come see negative comments even on my whatsapp self come see yabs .just overlook and move

We cant play to our full strength during friendlies... If we do we will have ourself to blame...remembee our under 20 under manu garba beating every team during under 20preparation ... What happened during the world cup proper?

Rohr have seen both first n second half we know where to work... Let us expect great world cup outing

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfemi1: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2018
PDPGuy:
My formation for the Czech Rep friendly and the WC would be:

————————-Uzoho——————-

————Omeruo——Ekong—-Idowu———-

—-Ebuehi——-Ogu——Mikel—-Ndidi—-—

——————-Iwobi———V.Moses—————

————————-Ighalo simi ——————
Modified. Ighalo should come in as a sub

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3867) (3868) (3869) (3870) (3871) (3872) (3873) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lyster360, 10cedes, Toylove, lordofstrings and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.