Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11593911 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:52am On Dec 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

We are not talking about all English players and English managers. I wonder why your hinging on that. Top, Top, Top, top clubs and managers want good players.

Also, top players do not go about showing skills but use it at the right time. Mostly under tight situations.

Iwobi has far better quality than Chamberlain. He is a far better player. More top clubs and managers will want Iwobi over Chamberlain
Iwobi isn't far better than OX. He has a better football IQ and touch than him. Ox has the physical and technical attributes to be world class but he doesn't have a good football IQ. There's a reason Pep and Mou are huge fans of him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:36am On Dec 24, 2016
edi287:

Iwobi isn't far better than OX. He has a better football IQ and touch than him. Ox has the physical and technical attributes to be world class but he doesn't have a good football IQ. There's a reason Pep and Mou are huge fans of him.

You think Pep is not a big fan of Ox? Pep knows it will prove difficult to get Iwobi off Arsene Wenger. Getting Chamberlain is far easier than Iwobi. That is why you get the links to Ox.

The Gulf in class between Iwobi and Chamberlain is far
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2016
edi287:

As for technical attributes, Iwobi is miles ahead of Chamberlain
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:59am On Dec 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You think Pep is not a big fan of Ox? Pep knows it will prove difficult to get Iwobi off Arsene Wenger. Getting Chamberlain is far easier than Iwobi. That is why you get the links to Ox.

The Gulf in class between Iwobi and Chamberlain is far
Sometimes you talk as if you sleep on the same bed with Pep. I don't want Iwobi going near Pep but how can it be hard to get Iwobi if Pep brings the right figure?

He spent close to £50 million each to get Sane and Stone. Are you saying that City cannot afford to use that same amount to buy Iwobi?

Does it mean that because James (of Madrid) gets more links, then Iwobi is better than him?

There are far better points to use to support Iwobi.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:26am On Dec 24, 2016
komekn:

These stats are officially substantiated thats good but we have a question mark the Naija reality apart from Okaka who was born in Italy the age of the other guys.

question mark dey
You seem to be the type that stays far away from home and will never see anything good about Nigeria.

I have always perceived you in that light. Your conclusion that only Okaka who was born abroad is using his real age just confirmed my earlier insinuations.

You are not too different from most typical Nigerians who always love to associate every negative thing with Nigeria.

This age falsification issue as it concerns Nigeria is blown out of proportion. My younger brother was this year Disqualified from participating in the Shell Cup, under the guise that he is above 17 years of age. This is a boy who just clicked 17 mid November, 2016.

He looks huge, tall and has grown beards too.
He was just 16yrs and some months as of the time the shell Cup started.

If Obafemi Martins was older than his actual age when he started playing, I doubt he did still be kicking the ball.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:43am On Dec 24, 2016
joseph1013:
Sometimes you talk as if you stay on the same bed with Pep. I don't want Iwobi going near Pep but how can it be hard to get Iwobi if Pep brings the right figure?

He spent close to £50 to get Sane and Stone each. Are you saying that City cannot afford to use that same amount to buy Iwobi?

Does it mean that because James (of Madrid) gets more links, then Iwobi is better than him?

[

There is a difference in wanting a player and getting a player. Pep Guardiola had two primary defensive targets Bonucci and Laporte. He was ready to spend big but we could not secure them.

So do not think every deal goes down like Stones. It is easier to sign Chamberlain than Iwobi. Not just a Pep thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:34am On Dec 24, 2016
terzurum5:

You seem to be the type that stays far away from home and will never see anything good about Nigeria.

I have always perceived you in that light. Your conclusion that only Okaka who was born abroad is using his real age just confirmed my earlier insinuations.

You are not too different from most typical Nigerians who always love to associate every negative thing with Nigeria.

This age falsification issue as it concerns Nigeria is blown out of proportion. My younger brother was mid this year Disqualified from participating in the Shell Cup, under the guise that he is above 17 years of age. This is a boy who just clicked 17 mid November, 2016.

If Obafemi Martins was older than his actual age when he started playing, I doubt he did still be kicking the ball.
Yea u are right,we have real guys who don't lie about their age.I remember a friend named Niyi Ogunlana from secondary school straight to old Kwara United and our age group in sec sch was 15-17 years.Also a friend Tolagbe Alanamu 16 years old then and still in sec school who was dropped at d last minute for celestine Babayaro(Japan 93)

For instance telling me Taiwo Awoniyi is over age,i w argue it to d letter that d boy is not coz i know him very well but to some people he is over age coz they always see Nigeria as a cheat.

We have many kids out there who are young and talented all w need is to tap them young.My son is just 7years,taller than 8,9,10 years old kids in d neighborhood and better footballer than his peers coz i introduced him to football at a very early stage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:46am On Dec 24, 2016
terzurum5:

This age falsification issue as it concerns Nigeria is blown out of proportion. My younger brother was mid this year Disqualified from participating in the Shell Cup, under the guise that he is above 17 years of age. This is a boy who just clicked 17 mid November, 2016.

I've made this observation previously about sir komekn.

He's always quick to deride anything from Nigeria as sub-standard, our players are usually lying about their ages, only those in Europe are sincere. Yet, after making such insinuations, he'll claim he's omo naija.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:59am On Dec 24, 2016
Do not worry. Yara Yara arrested the Ghanaian screaming Omo Naija everywhere. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
komekn:

Come on in the premiership the larger majority of managers will consider pace first garnished with some skill.

I will confesses to being overwhelming biased in favour of skill, technique, shakara movement, touch, dribbling, etc etc. But I have learned that what the majority of the market wants will determine the price.

One day a head coach of a Premiership club told my player. At this stage he had out paced and dribbled three players got into the 18 and passed the ball to the strikers feet.

[/b]He said, "Heh mate, forget all that fancy pansy stuff, just cross it in, get heads on ball mate[b]"

This is mindset that pervades the majority of English clubs. Allardyce, Moyes, How, Pulis, Dyche, Bruce, Hughes even some of the more cultured continental European managers will concede the need for Speed end product delivery exceeds the need for technical ability.

Iwobi can easily be classed as a luxury player as a result his price will be lower amongst other considerations.
The bolded is perhaps the reason why I find modern football so intolerably boring and choking. I can hardly sit out the entire duration of ninety minutes. The frills, the dazzles, the flicks, dribbles, feints, the magic footwork and intuitive and unstudied intelligence is gradually giving way to starchy, monotonous drill of endless passes, dizzying speed and grating, graceless athleticism . Too much coaching in my opinion. Whenever the industrial, the technical and commercial takes over what is human and intuitive, the flair and beauty in any human endeavour will gradually die out. Machine football - that's what we got now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
safarigirl:

I've made this observation previously about sir komekn.

He's always quick to deride anything from Nigeria as sub-standard, our players usually lying about their ages, only those in Europe are sincere. Yet, after making such insinuations, he'll claim he's omo naija.

Yea we have guys like that who are truly naija but always see anything about naija as sub standard,most based abroad and some in naija.I do argue with friends here in my base especially whites and some Africans including Nigerians who believed Africa are cheats when it comes to age.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
MTNF Nigeria Nigeria
Nigerian govt sets up cttee to pick candidate for CAF polls

Amaju Pinnick - His CAF nomination does not have Nigerian government backing

The Nigerian government has set up a committee that will screen and select a suitable candidate for next year’s CAF executive committee elections.

Nigeria President Amaju Pinnick has already submitted his nomination to CAF, but this did not get the blessing of the Nigerian government.

Nigerian sports minister Solomon Dalung said the government has yet to endorse a candidate for the polls and as such it has set up a committee to recommend a suitable person for its endorsement.

The CAF polls are slated for March 2017.

mtnfootball.com/news/673562/Nigerian-govt-sets-up-cttee-to-pick-candidate-for-CAF-polls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
MTNF Nigeria Nigeria
NFF to refund FIFA cash they can't account for - audit report

by Samm Audu

World football governing body FIFA have warned the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) will refund any cash paid to them for football development they could not account for.

This followed a rash of queries raised by FIFA over the $801,229 development grant they paid the NFF.

The review was done between August 16 to 18, 2016.

The audit by PricewaterhouseCoppers (PwC) said the money was spent without supporting documentation, like receipts, invoices and contracts.

FIFA have therefore warned that if the NFF could not provide adequate supporting documentation for the disbursements, it should make refund on sums unaccounted for.

They also expressed displeasure with the unrestrained practice of cash payments, which they maintained should have been greatly minimised.

Further investigations revealed that as many as 19 issues were raised by the auditors.

The Nigerian sports ministry has already demanded for an independent and full-scale audit of the books of the NFF caused by the litany of queries of how the FIFA grants were disbursed.

Sports minister Solomon Dalung has said he has yet to receive a detailed explanation from the NFF as promised in a communiqué after the federation’s Annual General Assembly in Lagos last week.

mtnfootball.com/news/673584/NFF-to-refund-FIFA-cash-they-can-t-account-for-audit-report
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
Musa Mohammed squatting in front of President Erdogan of Turkey yesterday

Nigeria international Musa Mohammed featured as clubs in Istanbul staged a charity match for the victims of the recent bombing around the Besiktas stadium.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan graced Thursday’s charity game, which the local stars won 4-3.

The proceeds from the well-attended game will be donated to the families of the victims.

The December 10 double bombing around the Vodafone Arena, the home ground of Besiktas, killed 44 people.

President Erdogan said a united Turkey will defeat the terrorism that has overtaken the country lately.

“Turkey is going through one of its roughest periods in history at fighting against terrorism. I believe that our police officers, soldiers, village guards and this nation will finish terrorism by standing in unity and solidarity," he declared.

mtnfootball.com/news/673546/Musa-Mohammed-stars-in-Besiktas-bombing-game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
MTNF Nigeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Africa Nigeria U17
Musa Mohammed new TV star after chat with Turkish President goes viral

Musa Mohammed 'The Blessed One' after President Erdogan placed his hand on the head of the Nigeria star and chatted with him like two old friends at a benefit game this week.

by Samm Audu

Nigeria defender Musa Mohammed is the new television star in Turkey after his one-on-one chat with Turkish President Recep Erdogan was beamed across the country during a benefit match for those who died in the bombing around the Besiktas stadium recently.

Musa coolly chatted with President Erdogan before the game.

And during the group photograph of the players with the charismatic President Erdogan, who also placed his right hand on Musa’s head leading to the Nigeria defender’s new nickname of ‘The Blessed One’.

Musa has since been swamped with media interviews on the Presidential encounter with even his club president calling him up to find out what was all the Presidential chatter.

“Musa has caught the imagination of the whole of Turkey after his close encounter with President Erdogan went viral across the country,” a top source informed.

“The media have now nicknamed him ‘The Blessed One’ after the President placed his right hand on Musa’s head during a group photograph.”

Musa, who has captained both Nigeria's U17 and U20s to major trophies, has enjoyed a splendid run in the Turkish cup and looks set to soon make his much-awaited league debut for one of Turkey’s most consistent clubs.

It is believed that President Erdogan has a close connection with Musa’s Turkish club Istanbul Basaksehir, who lead the Turkish Super Lig halfway through this season.

mtnfootball.com/news/673733/Musa-Mohammed-new-TV-star-after-chat-with-Turkish-President-goes-viral

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
Iwobi expects Arsenal to return to winning ways against West Brom

Alex Iwobi wants Arsenal to make a rapid return to winning ways when they face West Bromwich Albion in the English Premier League on Boxing Day.

Iwobi was part of the Arsenal side that fell 2-1 to Manchester City in their last Premier League game at the Etihad Stadium on December 18.

The 20-year-old believes that a victory over West Brom is vital and has urged his teammates to produce a big performance at the Emirates Stadium in their next league game.

“It is important for us to get back to winning ways as we have lost our last two matches (against Everton and Manchester City).

“Losing three straight matches won’t be good at all so we must raise our standards and beat West Brom (on Boxing Day).

“They are a very good side and have proved that in recent matches, but I am sure we will win if we raise our level,” he told the Evening Standard.

The young attacker also rued his side’s failure to beat City at the Etihad last Sunday, blaming the reverse on a “lack of intensity” from his team.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/12/iwobi-expects-arsenal-to-return-to.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
FC Porto President – We Don’t Need Nigerians, We Are Going To Take Advantage Of The Ones Here

President of FC Porto Pinto da Costa has ruled out any chance of the team signing promising Nigerian talent in the future, according to reports picked up by Owngoalnigeria.com online editor.

While analyzing the youth team set up at the Portuguese side, the president gave a damning verdict on signing Nigerian players for the youth team, as they could depart the team anytime.

Although he mentioned players from other countries, he was particular about Nigerians, which is not surprising considering the fact that they have as many as six Nigerians on their books.

”You can’t build an U-19 or B team based on Nigerians who are here one day and gone in the next.

We’re going to take advantage of the ones born here instead of players from Nigeria, Malaysia, Mali, etc,” he said.

His statement has cast a huge doubt on the potential signing of Nigeria U-17 star Samuel Chukwueze even though a deal has been agreed already.

Presently Fidelis Irhene, Mikel Agu, Moses John, Chidozie Awaziem, Musa Yahaya and Chidera Ezeh are the Nigerians on the payroll of the club, although only Awaziem is in the first team at the moment.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/24/fc-porto-president-we-dont-need-nigerians-we-are-going-to-take-advantage-of-the-ones-here/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
Owngoalnigeria.com is at it again.

Nigeria Keeping Close Watch On 19 Year Old Hertha Berlin German-Nigerian Left Back, Son Of Ex 3SC Player

There are indications that coach of the Nigeria senior national team Gernot Rohr is keeping a close watch on Hertha Berlin rising star Jordan Torunarigha, who is born in Germany to Nigerian parents.

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr is searching for options in the full back position of the team, and Torunarigha is reportedly one of the names in his list of options.

The 19 year old is yet to make an appearance for the main team of Hertha Berlin but he has been ever present for the Reserve side who are campaigning in the Regionalliga.

Standing at an impressive height of of 189cm, he is the son of former Shooting Stars star man Ojokojo Torunarigha, and he is comfortable as a centre back or left full back.

Already he has represented Germany at youth level but he is still eligible for Nigeria, as he qualifies through his parents.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/24/nigeria-keeping-close-watch-on-19-year-old-hertha-berlin-german-nigerian-left-back-son-of-ex-3sc-player/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
OFFICIAL – Genk Replace Leicester City Bound Ndidi With 18 Year Old Norwegian Wonderkid

Belgium top division side Genk have concluded the signing of former Everton target Sander Berge from Norwegian side Valerenga.

Already a five year deal has been agreed between the player’s representatives and Genk for a fee in the region of around £1m.

Berge was heavily linked with a move to English Premier League side Everton during the summer transfer window, but the move failed to materialise.

The 18 year old had and passed his medicals with the club yesterday, and will replace Nigerian midfielder Wilfred Ndidi in the midfield of the team, with the Nigerian set to join Leicester City on the 1st of January 2017.

Genk will be hoping he turns into a bargain buy like Ndidi who was bought for around €100,000 18 months ago, but will now be transferred for a fee in the region of £15m.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/24/official-genk-replace-leicester-city-bound-ndidi-with-18-year-old-norwegian-wonderkid/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
Rejuvenated Obasi Eyes Move Away From Sweden To Enhance World Cup 2018 Chances

30 year old Nigerian forward Chinedu Obasi has not given up hope of forcing his way into the World Cup plans of Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr, Owngoalnigeria.com understands.

Obasi had a blistering end to 2016, scoring six goals with four assists in the ten games he played for Swedish side AIK, the team he joined on a short term deal which expired at the end of the seasons in Sweden.

Presently on holiday in the United State of America, the forward caused a stir when he posted a message on his instagram account that suggest he could be on his way out of the team.

However, he later cleared the air by revealing that talks over an extension are still underway although AIK according to their sportinng director Bjorn Wesstrom are not confident of holding unto the former Schalke 04 star.

Owngoalnigeria.com also gathered from sources close to the player that although he is open to the idea of staying with AIK, he is presently studying offers from teams in the Middle East and China.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/24/rejuvenated-obasi-eyes-move-away-from-sweden-to-enhance-world-cup-2018-chances/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
Rohr Receives Glowing Report About Rivers United Left Full Back Gabriel Wassa

The eye catching performances of Rivers United newly signed left full back Gabriel Wassa has reportedly caught the attention of coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr.

Wassa joined Rivers United this season from fellow Nigeria Professional Football League side Niger Tornadoes, and he has grown into one of the first name on the team sheet of the CAF Champions League campaigners in their pre season games.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that Rohr was briefed about his performance against Villarrreal B where he stood out, shortly after impressing in the annual Nigeria Super Four tournament in Enugu.

He is expected to be given a chance to impress the coach during the friendly game against Egypt in January, and his performance in the game will reportedly go a long way in determining his inclusion in further games.

Known for his pace, dribbles and pin point deliveries, he is expected to push Kingsley Madu of Zulte Waregem for the deputy left full back slot of the team behind Elderson Echiejile.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/24/rohr-receives-glowing-report-about-rivers-united-left-full-back-gabriel-wassa/

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
Alampasu Ends Loan Spell With Struggling Portuguese Third Division Side On The Bench

Nigeria international goalkepper Dele Alampasu who turns 20 today has ended his loan spell with third division Portuguese side Cesarense.

Alampasu joined the struggling side on a three months loan deal from top division side CD Feirense to gain match experience, which he got with eight appearances for the team who are 9th on the 10 team table.

However, he failed to keep a single clean sheet for the team in the 8 games he kept goal, and his team failed to win any of the games he kept goal, with just two points from two draws picked during his time as number one for the team.

He was subsequently dropped for Bruno Pinto who has kept goal in their last two games, and picked up a clean sheet against Gondomar and helped them to their second win in two games in their last game, a 1-2 win over Estarreja.

Pinto appears to have won back his spot as number one for the team, a situation which could hamper the chances of any loan extension for the Nigeria international, who was on the bench in Nigeria’s last game against Algeria.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/24/alampasu-ends-loan-spell-with-struggling-portuguese-third-division-side-on-the-bench/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
Banned Newcastle United Star Shelvey Admit Calling Dominic Iorfa Peasant

Jonjo Shelvey called Anglo-Nigerian defender of Wolverhampton Wanderers Dominic Iorfa a peaseant during a heated exchange which formed part of what landed the former Swansea man a five match ban.

Shelvey was sent off for calling French Moroccan Romain Saiss an “Arab C***” during a heated exchange in Newcastle United 2-0 loss to Wolves on the 17th of September.

He was subsequently banned for five games, fined £100,000 and ordered to attend a mandatory education course after he was found guilty of an FA misconduct charge.

A look at the report released by the FA disciplinary committee has it that he also called England youth international Iorfa, who is of Nigerian heritage a peasant.

He admitted to calling Iorfa a peasant a number of times, referencing his low wages as he presently earns more than the Wolves man.

Iorfa has in the past rejected overtures from Nigeria to play for the national team, insisting on focusing on his career with the England national team even though his father represented Nigeria at senior level.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/24/banned-newcastle-united-star-shelvey-admit-calling-dominic-iorfa-peasant/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
terzurum5:
Owngoalnigeria.com is at it again.

Nigeria Keeping Close Watch On 19 Year Old Hertha Berlin German-Nigerian Left Back, Son Of Ex 3SC Player

There are indications that coach of the Nigeria senior national team Gernot Rohr is keeping a close watch on Hertha Berlin rising star Jordan Torunarigha, who is born in Germany to Nigerian parents.

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr is searching for options in the full back position of the team, and Torunarigha is reportedly one of the names in his list of options.

The 19 year old is yet to make an appearance for the main team of Hertha Berlin but he has been ever present for the Reserve side who are campaigning in the Regionalliga.

Standing at an impressive height of of 189cm, he is the son of former Shooting Stars star man Ojokojo Torunarigha, and he is comfortable as a centre back or left full back.

Already he has represented Germany at youth level but he is still eligible for Nigeria, as he qualifies through his parents.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/24/nigeria-keeping-close-watch-on-19-year-old-hertha-berlin-german-nigerian-left-back-son-of-ex-3sc-player/
Old guys in d house who remember Ojokojo Torunarigha of old 3sc.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
terzurum5

Thanks for the updates

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
Oops
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2016
terzurum5:
Rohr Receives Glowing Report About Rivers United Left Full Back Gabriel Wassa

The eye catching performances of Rivers United newly signed left full back Gabriel Wassa has reportedly caught the attention of coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr.

Wassa joined Rivers United this season from fellow Nigeria Professional Football League side Niger Tornadoes, and he has grown into one of the first name on the team sheet of the CAF Champions League campaigners in their pre season games.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that Rohr was briefed about his performance against Villarrreal B where he stood out, shortly after impressing in the annual Nigeria Super Four tournament in Enugu.

He is expected to be given a chance to impress the coach during the friendly game against Egypt in January, and his performance in the game will reportedly go a long way in determining his inclusion in further games.

Known for his pace, dribbles and pin point deliveries, he is expected to push Kingsley Madu of Zulte Waregem for the deputy left full back slot of the team behind Elderson Echiejile.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/24/rohr-receives-glowing-report-about-rivers-united-left-full-back-gabriel-wassa/

Rivers have a right back, Ifeanyi Nweke, who is pretty good also.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:22am On Dec 25, 2016
joseph1013:
Sometimes you talk as if you sleep on the same bed with Pep. I don't want Iwobi going near Pep but how can it be hard to get Iwobi if Pep brings the right figure?

He spent close to £50 each to get Sane and Stone. Are you saying that City cannot afford to use that same amount to buy Iwobi?

The first sentence left me dead grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:09am On Dec 25, 2016
Merry Christmas everyone

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2016
merry Christmas sports lover

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:44am On Dec 25, 2016
The tree is decorated, the cookies are made, the gifts are wrapped; now all that’s left is to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

So, Merry Christmas dear friends. May all the joy this season brings fill your hearts and homes. Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Danielnino00(m), Kog45(m), Neobulletzz(m), ThanosKilla(m), Sugarboyy(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.