Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11754854 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4140) (4141) (4142) (4143) (4144) (4145) (4146) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
You can they really did their home work on Germany but ours I am not really sure what the job of all those white guys on our bench is. How can you play football like that with all those friendly matches and time together.
lexyman:

They re so organized ... defensively and offensively . also their movement is so fast and i hope they will not wear out towards the end of 90mins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
Khaytunechi:

I don't know,, really.. maybe folks here expect the whole team to keep presenting him chances on a platter of gold.. Just look at Costa's first goal for Spain against Portugal,, the ball was 80% Pepe's and 20% Costa's,, yet he won it true sheer aggression,, ran all the way to the box,, two defenders right in front of him yet he slotted the ball in..
Ighalos very first aerial contest last night was against Lovren,, it was like two minutes into the game,, the ball was 60% Ighalos and 40% Lovrens yet Lovren won it only for our striker to roll over on the floor for one stjupid freekick that the team would never convert.. the ref gave us that kick but after noticing how easily this guy goes to the ground he stopped giving one fnck about his antics..
This guy is just too soft.. not aggressive,, not a willing runner,, not a great header,, not a sharp shooter,, what exactly is his strong point as a number nine.. it is purely based on the law of average that he's got the goals he's got for the country,, can't this coach just trust the Nacho Iwobi combo up front for once!?

A striker has to fight for the ball.. If Costa was waiting for chances to be placed on a platter, he will not score many of his goals. For the kind of role Ighalo plays, you must be a bully and fight for everything

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2018
ChrisKels:

Chai see men with heart while others are there bickering, the man I had a banter with isn't making a nail.

Some of you take things too serious thats why there ain't no joy in here. Every comment made in here is out of passion so u lot looking for where to vent ur spleen should take a leaf from this young man even though I never liked him because he was an ardent supporter of Saint Forgiveness grin

So you have your cliques here and if anybody doesn't belong or doesn't support your clique is Osu caste away, ba!?

Oga! It is not as if most of those your clique get brain pass but it is just dat your clique are static in the state of equilibrium.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
Not that the argument concerns me but what Is this? SE players are now on this thread or SE Is playing for a particular moniker?

Read well bro,i am replying to what he said.

He is saying super eagles has been better than mexico but i gave him example

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
andrew444:

What same level? a draw in a friendly match?

This same mexico beat croatia in 2014 world cup,the same team you could not beat,and mind you the same croatia has a younger modric and mandzukic then,there was also perisic there.

This same mexico that brazil could not beat on their home soil in 2014 when they played a goaless draw with the host nation.

As far as i am concerned they are better than us for the past 6 years.

Did Mexico and Brazil meet at the world cup?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
goldfish80:

The Mexicans are fleet footed, mobile and skillful. I have never seen a team dominate Germany since the Euro finals against Spain.
This is why I don't subscribe to just calling big name players who aren't creatives. You will end up with limp and tipid football all round like Ngr.
Bless you mate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2018
See Mexico, chaiii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
Joebie:
We are all on the same page here.. people go dey argue like say crosses is no longer part of the game.

all this inverted wingers that cannot cross are nothing but modern day re-incarnation of pius ikedia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
andrew444:

Read well bro,i am replying to what he said.

He is saying super eagles has been better than mexico but i gave him example

Thank you
I read well enough to make that comment, that was not the first time you use "you can...", I am wondering why you address whoever you address in the first person

O tan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2018
Humility017:

don't mind them....
I hate when peeps are not being truthful...
I told someone today when I was talking on Ighalo being unable to make the difference....
that I don't hate him...even from same state with Ighalo...but still the truth needs to be aired.... he is a very average striker with poor positioning...only good when we play Africa oppositions and he needs like 8 goal scoring opportunities to score a goal...

All said and done tell me one world class player we have.

Then tell me how many WORLD class players Iceland have that gave Argentina HELL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

LMAO...... Guess you know the same Tyrone you preferred over Shehu as a RB was first suggested by Forgiveness?!

Also seem you didn't pay Attention to several Posts I've made cautioning Forgiveness for over-grinding Matters?!

You had better leave him with his Osu caste system mentality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

You mean the game where Ebuehi was carrying an injury In all the other friendlies, he has offered far more than Shehu. Shehu was poor in most friendlies.

Nice excuse my brother, very very nice excuse.

so which other game has he played with VicMo? So how then do you know automatically that he would have been a better choice? people sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
KevinDein:

Hernandez gets far fewer minutes than iheanacho gets at a better Leicester team.

Just don't feel that Mexico have better players than Nigeria.
However some here excrete that playing in the big leagues/teams is all that's needed. The things we go through... undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
forgiveness:

So you have your cliques here and if anybody doesn't belong or doesn't support your clique is Osu caste away, ba!?

Oga! It not as if most of those your clique get brain pass but it is just dat your clique are static in the state of equilibrium.

I couldn't read meaning into this bro. What point were u trynna make?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:01pm On Jun 17, 2018
Mickael2:

[/b]in the match against Serbia Ebuehi was just as bad offensively. the truth of the matter is that as a fullback playing the same wing with a winger like VicMo in a world cup where more emphasis is laid on not losing as against winning then you can't blame Shehu at all.
it is points like the bolded that a person of your calibre shouldnt be making na. haba, the boy was not fully fit. took him even right into the preparations for the WC to regain his fitness from the groin injury he suffered two weeks before the friendlies in march. our arguements should be based on valid points na. haba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
andrew444:

What same level? a draw in a friendly match?

This same mexico beat croatia in 2014 world cup,the same team you could not beat,and mind you the same croatia has a younger modric and mandzukic then,there was also perisic there.

This same mexico that brazil could not beat on their home soil in 2014 when they played a goaless draw with the host nation.

As far as i am concerned they are better than us for the past 6 years.
I think we played them twice and they were all draws, all within the past 6years.
Do you reckon this our present team will loose to them with less than 3goals? I don't think so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2018
you should ask yourself if you get sense not me. If xavi is a ten, then what is iniesta's position and if Pirlo is a ten what is del pierro or totti's position.
phreakabit:

You get sense? Abi mouth dey scratch you?
What do you know about the work of a 10/CM (not CAM)
Was Xavi fast? Was Pirlo fast? most of you watch tv and judge by what the player is wearing....
Most players you see wearing 10 are actually playing 8 (CAM or AM depending on formation).
An 8 requires a decent speed, a 10 doesn't.
For your info Mikel played as an 8(CAM) yesterday in a messed up formation.
He is actually best suited for a deep lying playmaker role = 10...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2018
Mickael2:

Nice excuse my brother, very very nice excuse.

so which other game has he played with VicMo? So how then do you know automatically that he would have been a better choice? people sha

It is not an excuse. He was injured and did not play again during the season.

How many times did you see Shehu providing Moses with an overlap option He sat back and played safe.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phreakabit(m): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
fabyom:
you should ask yourself if you get sense not me. If xavi is a ten, then what is iniesta's position and if Pirlo is a ten what is del pierro or totti's position.

You are a clown.
Iniesta is an 8 in the 4-3-3 formation
You have a DM Busquets , A CM Xavi and CAM Iniesta stop reasoning like a domesticated baboon( I am sorry for insulting baboons with this comparison) and go get informed before coming to test your superior.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
goldfish80:

The Mexicans are fleet footed, mobile and skillful. I have never seen a team dominate Germany since the Euro finals against Spain.
This is why I don't subscribe to just calling big name players who aren't creatives. You will end up with limp and tipid football all round like Ngr.
Couldn't have said it better!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2018
Mickael2:

Did Mexico and Brazil meet at the world cup?

Mexico and brazil meet at the 2014 world cup and it ended in a goaless draw.

Both team ended first and second tied on 7 point each
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

germany dey hear am. they have taken the game to the germans and holding their ground admirably. abeg goldfish80 tell me which clubs this mexicans play for.

modified: i just checked online. they play for teams like porto, west ham, standard,real betis, galaxy LA,club america,sevilla,tigresse.na madrid abi na barcelona abi man u or chelsea? compare this clubs to the clubs the german squad members play for.

its no point really to say we lost because we had average players not playing in good clubs like the croats.

our defeat is mental. i posted the video of a cockerel that fought a dog till the dog ran away.
You don't have to play in big clubs to have a creative team. I have always said our most creative players are playing in lesser fancied teams in Europe and Africa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
Mujtahida:

it is points like the bolded that a person of your calibre shouldnt be making na. haba, the boy was not fully fit. took him even right into the preparations for the WC to regain his fitness from the groin injury he suffered two weeks before the friendlies in march. our arguements should be based on valid points na. haba

I am actually trying to make a valid point here. So which other match has Ebuehi played as a traditional fullback for us with VicMo ahead of him? In a 3-5-2 you have the luxury of a DMF and CB covering for you, its not so in a 4-5-1 so why is everybody so certain that Ebuehi would have been our messiah? He nay have been injured no doubt but that is the only yardstick we have and the WC isn't for experiments. Then again I advise you to go and watch Abidal playing as a fullback for Barcelona and are him doing exactly what Shehu did yesterday yet we won the UCL like that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
goldfish80:

I think we played them twice and they were all draws, all within the past 6years.
Do you reckon this our present team will loose to them with less than 3goals? I don't think so.

We played them but we didnt played them in a competitive game,i dont believe in friendlies.

I dont know if our present team will win them or not,but if our present team played the way they played yesterday against croatia,sorry bro we might lost with 3 goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2018
fabyom:
Dude is mixing an 8 and a 10 up. Maradona and Zidane must have been an 8 to him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

It is not an excuse. He was injured and did not play again during the season.

How many times did you see Shehu providing Moses with an overlap option He sat back and played safe.
But Tbaba, I thought you liked defensive full backs. What have changed?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

It's obvious the useless Pig was high on Codeine to have predicted Nigeria to reach the Semi-Final.

Hope dey don use am do Barbecue. See Football....... OMG!
grunts, grunts, grunts

wetin concern marcus. im don do him work. we must work out our salvation with fear and trembling. marcus dey america dey wallow inside cool mud right now while nigerians dey gnash teeth.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Would an aggressive Joel Obi work against a physical Icelandic team?
No. Joel Obi should stay on the bench. He is off form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
andrew444:

We played them but we didnt played them in a competitive game,i dont believe in friendlies.

I dont know if our present team will win them or not,but if our present team played the way they played yesterday against croatia,sorry bro we might lost with 3 goals
Well, I actually belive in friendlies. The current Nigerian team as a case study never convinced in their friendlies and now those tipid performances are being replicated in the main event.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
phreakabit:

You are a clown.
Iniesta is an 8 in the 4-3-3 formation
You have a DM Busquets , A CM Xavi and CAM Iniesta stop reasoning like a domesticated baboon( I am sorry for insulting baboons with this comparison) and go get informed before coming to test your superior.

brother not every formation has a CAM. In fact Barca's formation does not exactly have one. in a 4-3-3 formation you cannot have an 8, rather you have a double 10 or a double 4, Barca played with a double 4 in most cases but it was a hybrid with Xavi frequently changing it to a double10 while attacking. You only have an 8 in some formations not all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
goldfish80:

But Tbaba, I thought you liked defensive full backs. What have changed?

I love defenders that can do both, not one at the expense of the other.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2018
we played the same formation with the Croats yesterday, please how many of their attacks was started by their RB/LB?
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahahahahaha... It is so very clear now that you indeed are only defending this dude.

So when Moses was on the ball and controlled on more than three occasions with a Shehu abdullahi running up on the other side of the right, you don't know it is natural for him as a fullback to exploit that space by opening up for moses to send the pass and keep attack flowing and bombing up that right? Moses passed to Shehu in space in a few of these occasions and instead of Shehu to bomb forward and try pick a cross, he just easily held the ball, looked up and reversed only to pass backwards or sideways. He didn't offer us an outlet unlike Idowu did the few times we attacked through Idowu's wings. This is why that Ighalo soft header on target came via Idowu's wing. Shehu was so so so frustratingly poor offensively.

So you haven't watched how wingers work with their fullbacks when in attacking transition abi? Hahahahaha I laugh oooo...

I wonder who then is the one finding such a simple concept to grasp. cheesy Shehu offered us nothing offensively and was very timid and devoid of invention and dare going forward. He could not move forward to exploit the space for a cross... He could not open up by running into that space to charge down into the box from that channel... He was always and always turning away from space and going backwards and sideways. He should kindly for this good of this team take a backseat for Ebuehi who is obviously a better player in that role.

This is the same Shehu I praised and always hailed for his consistent solid displays during the WCQs but let truth be told, we have a better RB and fine upgrade in Ebuehi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4140) (4141) (4142) (4143) (4144) (4145) (4146) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nomyth, yemyke001(m), Towbaba500(m), charlesemeka85(m), zicky(m), Kingjite1, victorlekan(m), Friday03, do4luv14(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.