Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,310 members, 7,864,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11952821 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4215) (4216) (4217) (4218) (4219) (4220) (4221) ... (16370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2018
tbaba1234:
Confirmed Starting Line-up:

Uzoho; Ekong, Balogun, Omeruo; Moses, Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo, Idowu; Iheanacho, Musa.

I think, this is a much better lineup

Colin Udoh deliberately released a fake line-up to throw people off. He mentioned that Rohr was angry that the line-up was released the last time . Apparently, he did it to throw the opponents off.

This is not bad.

3-4-1-2

I have been clamouring for a 2-man attack. We don't have material for a one-man attack.

Musa's speed will also be useful here.

Another good thing, we have at least one potential game changer - Iwobi - on the bench. That could be helpful too.

The little fear is whether Idowu can cover the whole side of his wing enough. Moses does that at Chelsea, so no problem on his side.

I'm also interested in seeing who among the 3 midfielders will be closest to attack. I prefer Etebo to Mikel.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chimzyblack(m): 1:15pm On Jun 22, 2018
Very very good formation.

I will like to see Ebuehi come in the second half and Idowu dropping to the bench, then Moses moves to the left wing back role.

Iwobi coming in for musa.

and in the 75 minute ighalo in for Iheanacho

#SOARSUPEREAGLES

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:15pm On Jun 22, 2018
Lol
TheSuperNerd:

I can ignore your post only because I already saw signs of your silly misconceptions from yesterday in your reply to Somehow... Lol... It is very very laughable on your part. So let's leave it as that.. wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2018
tbaba1234:

Uzoho; Ekong, Balogun, Omeruo; Moses, Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo, Idowu; Iheanacho, Musa.

Colin Udoh deliberately released a fake line-up to throw people off. He mentioned that Rohr was angry that the line-up was released the last time . Apparently, he did it to throw the opponents off.

Rohr likes to confuse his opponents. We saw it during our qualifiers.

Today, he has done it again.

Let me see how they will be positioned.

............................... Uzoho.............

............ Balogun....... Ekong.......... Omeruo.....

..... Moses........ Etebo........ Ndidi......... Idowu....

.............................. Mikel................

............ Musa............................ Iheanacho...

I hope I never leak secret for here?

Anyway, it will be too late Iceland practice against this players and tactics.

I think there was chemistry between Musa and Iheanacho in our last match.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2018
tbaba1234:
Why you so so worry, Nigerians? Eagles are winning today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEIuDv0kKxE
this one don tey. The clip came right after their victory against Cameroon during the qualifiers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2018
forgiveness:

So the bolded make me insist that Ighalo is better than Kelechi?

Joebie don tell you finish. No need going back and forth.

Yes naa... You refuse to accept that Ighalo failed in that game and was woeful. You refuse giving in to the fact that Iheanacho could have done better as he is even in fine form.

And ehmmmm.. Joebie told me nothing actually. He is just not comfortable with being unable to admit concession to the fact that indeed he got it all wrong as regards who is Africa's best. His logic was flawed and i showed him how. He even tried to say WAEC is nothing compared to JAMB. Loollll... Listen it would be better if people here know how to concede when their argument is not making any sense anymore. Or is it because I am younger than you all except a few here? cheesy Funny stuffs... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Rohr likes to confuse his opponents. We saw it during our qualifiers.

Today, he has done it again.

Let me see how they will be positioned.

............................... Uzoho.............

............ Balogun....... Ekong.......... Omeruo.....

..... Moses........ Etebo........ Ndidi......... Idowu....

.............................. Mikel................

............ Musa............................ Iheanacho...

I hope I never leak secret for here?

Anyway, it will be too late Iceland practice against this players and tactics.

I think there was chemistry between Musa and Iheanacho in our last match.

Looks good, but can Etebo and Mikel switch positions?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Yes naa... You refuse to accept that Ighalo failed in that game and was woeful. You refuse giving in to the fact that Iheanacho could have done better as he is even in fine form.

And ehmmmm.. Joebie told me nothing actually. He is just not comfortable with being unable to admit concession to the fact that indeed he got it all wrong as regards who is Africa's best. His logic was flawed and i showed him how. He even tried to say WAEC is nothing compared to JAMB. Loollll... Listen it would be better if people here know how to concede when their argument is not making any sense anymore. Or is it because I am younger than you all except a few here? cheesy Funny stuffs... Lol

Let us enjoy the match for today. Bon!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
AIG07:
this one don tey.

Yea, i know... After Cameroon away
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

I said it!!! Hahahahahahaha... I knew Colin was fooling around... cheesy

You always say it grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I didn't say Nacho was Messi but if a team can take out the best player in the world then why are we so harsh on our players? U can't overlook the performance and point at the goals lacking. [b]The reason Ighalo is starting was because Nacho struggled as a lone striker and as a result the team also struggled. [/b]I will continue to shout that if we can't hold up the ball we will not be able to play our game.

The bolded is not good enough. I wanted u to first compare Aguero's performance against Croatia to Ighalo's. Also Iheanacho plays similar to Aguero so what do u think would have happened if he started as a lone striker against Croatia.

Ighalo is the number 1 striker for the SE without doubt or contest. Considering his present season and current form. His performance against Croatia was for me not exceptional but still very good. A striker starved of any service having to fight for scraps and crumbs.

KC struggles with physicality his supposed excellent movement is a reflection of the players around him, for instance when he was at City. Furthermore, he is not the kind of player to use skill to get past players and though fast he doesn't have blistering pace.

He does not have that support he had at City in Leicester and he will not get it in the SE. His season as a result has been far from outstanding.

Starting with KC as the No.9 will make us impotent. Look at those big No nonsense CB's that Iceland have.

This game is going to be a WAR and it's going to require our strikers to unsettle and bully the Icelandic defence. We will be looking for goals from every direction, crosses, set plays, etc. You need Lukaku type strikers to do that, something that KC is definitely not.

I would rather have KC playing behind Ighalo picking up scraps from Ighalo's hold up play. Using his eye for goal to get us through. With him behind Ighalo I would bet on him scoring today.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
Jarus:

Looks good, but can Etebo and Mikel switch positions?

Of course, if necessary.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Aguero also plays like that but how far did that get him. He could barely touch the ball. I have no doubt about Nacho being clinical but football is more than being able to score. After all nobody can score better than Messi but he is yet to score.

Agreed without reservation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
Sir your definition of Africa’s best as it can only be said that the country is best when they have achieved both AFCON success and and gone far in WC is still an opinion. Let’s not be childish to drag that discussion to this. I just told u as it is. Apples and oranges.

Modified.
Dude ur analogy was all wrong in the first place but I still used your faulty analogy to tell you that the person who did better in jamb can still get priority when it comes to admission.

School performance versus international exam performance would be a better analogy. Safarigirl rightly said both JAMB and WAEC are external. Shows that analogy was faulty in the first place..

Two opinions here. I’m saying the best for now is who has the better performance as regards the WC. You are saying Senegal has to have won the AFCON first, hence Cameron a country who didn’t even qualify is best. At the end of the day we have two different opinions. Your opinion is not a fact either .
TheSuperNerd:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2018
Musa and iheanacho, very mobile front two. Mikel would surely enjoy picking their runs and the game will pan out differently from the last.

Upbeat about this cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
AIG07:
this one don tey. The clip came right after their victory against Cameroon during the qualifiers.

It was after the second leg in Yaounde...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
M7even:

You always say it grin

Nope. Not always. But come on... I did say this one naa... Honestly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2018
It is not an opinion but fact. Nigeria was the best in Africa between 1994-1996. Cameroon was the best in Africa between 2000-2003. Same with Egypt between 2006-2010 even without the WC showing.

You don't even rate the AFCON... So why should you be taken seriously on labelling Africa's best? cheesy Laughable honestly... Loolll Abeg I no wan laugh too much... wink

Joebie:
Sir your definition of Africa’s best as it can only be said that the country is best when they have achieved both AFCON success and and gone far in WC is still an opinion. Let’s not be childish to drag that discussion to this. I just told u as it is. Apples and oranges

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
tbaba1234:

grin

Finally we have the 3 - 5 - 2 Formation we've been clamoring for. Also It's good Rohr plays Moses where he belongs - RWB, though I would have loved him to play as a LWB simply to accommodate Ebuehi in the Lineup as a RWB.

The Strike-force is very much spot-on. The Pace of Musa and potent Ability of Iheanacho in the Box gonna be handy for the Eagles today!

However, I hope to see Iwobi in the 2nd Half replacing Etebo or Mikel, as well as Ebuehi for Moses or Idowu.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Do you even understand the consciousness I refer to? You think I speak of the flesh? Listen up and learn Egbon... This is simple. wink

When a man is born again and has come into salvation, what happens? Is he still his old self? No.. He is a new creature. A new Spirit being is born. His soul needs watering through the constant intake of God's Word. As a Christiam, one's mind is renewed by the WORD and this renewal provides "that Consciousness". Tu comprends? So working it out is important because we can never ever have enough of the WORD. We must keep growing. Do you understand? The more we walk with and dwell on the word, the more our consciousness is alive to God.
And then When the infilling of the HolySpirit comes, he now is a carrier of God fully on the inside. He walks with the mind of God. And the mind of God is not a defeatist mindset nor a mind of fear.... The Bible also says " I have not given you the spirit of fear but a sound mind..." See? cheesy

And about the info... You dropped an initial post painting beautifully the picture of Iceland having beat us before. You so happily described it in fact. wink Then as if we didn't hear enough, you still wem on to post it and repeated same... Omo ehn... As a true fan, you really shouldn't have overdone it. It is match day. You simply were sowing fear and pessimism without even knowing it. Funny.

There is nothing like consciousness of man so far you are dead with Christ.

In short, for that reason Christ died. I will explain latter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
Wetin be your prediction naa? Abi na just enjoyment we go chop? Me I just wanna win anyhow.. But not by crook shaa wink Bonjour...

forgiveness:

Let us enjoy the match for today. Bon!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
The consciousness I speak of is not man's consciousness naa. Haba. I speak of a consciousness of God. Being Alive to God. Your mind is now Christ's because of your association with HIM and through the presence of HIS Spirit in you. This is what I mean in extension. Abi you no see my talk on renewal? It is that renewal that births a new consciousness different from the dead and forgone consciousness with the old man. This new consciousness is the consciousness of God in the new man.

forgiveness:

There is nothing like consciousness of man so far you are dead with Christ.

In short, for that reason Christ died. I will explain latter.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
forgiveness:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

How can you be comparing legends with our....? lipsrsealed grin
Take ya time ooooooo. grin
bros i said he should learn from them, how does that mean compare?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2018
So if Nigeria wins this World Cup, Cameroon is will be seen as the best. Okay you are correct. We can move on now.

TheSuperNerd:
It is not an opinion but fact. Nigeria was the best in Africa between 1994-1996. Cameroon was the best in Africa between 2000-2003. Same with Egypt between 2006-2010 even without the WC showing.

You don't even rate the AFCON... So why should you be taken seriously on labelling Africa's best? cheesy Laughable honestly... Loolll Abeg I no wan laugh too much... wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2018
I don't get it. We are playing 2 false 9s in today's Game?
Well, pros being that the Nordic defenders would not have a man to mark, could be genius if it works. Would be comedy central if it doesn't.
We are going curve ball in this game. Interesting.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Wetin be your prediction naa? Abi na just enjoyment we go chop? Me I just wanna win anyhow.. But not by crook shaa wink Bonjour...

Nigeria 2... Iceland 1.

The last I predicted against England it was other way round. Hahahaha!

Make dat one no happen ooooooo. Hahahaha! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
The consciousness I speak of is not man's consciousness naa. Haba. I speak of a consciousness of God. Being Alive to God. Your mind is now Christ's because of your association with HIM and through the presence of HIS Spirit in you. This is what I mean in extension. Abi you no see my talk on renewal? It is that renewal that births a new consciousness different from the dead and forgone consciousness with the old man. This new consciousness is the consciousness of God in the new man.

I don hear but latter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2018
Joebie:
So if Nigeria wins this World Cup, Cameroon is will be seen as the best. Okay you are correct. We can move on now.

and we can also say greece was the best team in Europe in 2004 very interesting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2018
jihday:
please when did we play Iceland?

Dem say 1981. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2018
Yes oooo... Cameroun remains the boss of the continent. cool They topped the class and still sit atop. So stop using Nigeria as a carrot stick. It is not working. Loolll.... See? I just knew that was why you jumped into the discussion I was having with Egbon. You still dey carry that matter for mind cheesy It is okay... I could easily tell. Up Super Eagles... grin

Joebie:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2018
goldfish80:
I don't get it. We are playing 2 false 9s in today's Game?
Well, pros being that the Nordic defenders would not have a man to mark, could be genius if it works. Would be comedy central if it doesn't.
We are going curve ball in this game. Interesting.

grin

Nah..... we ain't playing 2 false 9s Sir, in fact we ain't playing any false 9 at all; rather two Strikers Upfront.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2018
forgiveness:

Nigeria 2... Iceland 1.

The last I predicted against England it was other way round. Hahahaha!

Make dat one no happen ooooooo. Hahahaha! grin

Chaaaiiii.. Why did I even ask? angry

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4215) (4216) (4217) (4218) (4219) (4220) (4221) ... (16370) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), cc12(m), Silentgroper(m), Toylove, Goke7 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.