Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11660049 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4336) (4337) (4338) (4339) (4340) (4341) (4342) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ratcock: 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

They should have just let Japan and Senegal play again instead of this rubbish.
You are right.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Afobear:
me be Nwa chukwu
ah hear...

No person wey gradge from imsu go remain the same grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
forgiveness:

We should bring players that are yet to prove themselves in a decent league to the national team ahead of those who have done better than them?

Na wa ooooooo.

Just a suggestion lol. I'm out of options here abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Afobear:
better street ...I d miss the light i d carry sleep all night....I d miss the onyeoma na importation and camping.....I d miss the girls who go just like you for nothing for lodge
light for here na straight from federal..
24/7..
Na so rap videos I just dey play since morning with my babe
Wetin man go do kwannu?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Afobear:

I tell you ..I later go dey muna hostel and Success way b our presido n also aladinma presido ....girls yakpa but na money b fine bobo
grin :Dyearn me better bro grin.

Wait na u be neimar...?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:45pm On Jun 28, 2018
krattoss:
so wetin make u dey answer aforbear
no reason am ...na one night we go California way guys brew me sotay belle come d pain me ...na im Dem call me Aforbeer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
krattoss:
ah hear...

No person wey gradge from imsu go remain the same grin grin

You no lie sha but me na special case ...ask around
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The only thing average are ur trolling comments.
that's all? I Thought you were bragging before but now you have lost your voice ...You will be tamed more soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
Afobear:
iconic icon that cried iconic tears saliently,no reason am ,it's just a way to show how average your Averageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee3eeeee3eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee squad was

It doesn't take me a minute to call those Prison guards again. This time you will remain there till 2118AD. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
krattoss:
grin :Dyearn me better bro grin.

Wait na u be neimar...?
No ..,i no popular for area but bargars no d talk to me ....egede !!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
krattoss:
light for here na straight from federal..
24/7..
Na so rap videos I just dey play since morning with my babe
Wetin man go do kwannu?
nso .....as I defend finish ...to go house tire me na im I stay reach December 26 before I comot aladinma finally .....I been just d wish say my course na 5 years make I dey another year ....it was sad leaving but it was a necessary evil to be committed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
Icon4s:

It doesn't take me a minute to call those Prison guards again. This time you will remain there till 2118AD. grin
I d beg you ...I no wan go jail again ...no b nice place to stay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edesumpitor: 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
[/quote]
I disagree with you.Only if they had played Croatia and Argentina.Senegal had an easier group.But Morocco really tried.Morocco is best African team,Nigeria,Senegal,Egypt and Tunisia in that order.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
pelezico:
If we are still hoping on players who are past there sell by date then forget Nigerian football. Martins Are you serious? If we dont have any better strikers or footballers from Nigeria thrn we are doomed. Forget Obi and concentrate on young hungry blood even if you have to find them playing under a bridge somewhere in lagos

If older players can do the job better than the youngies, they should be given the chance. Nothing like young hungry blood wey no sabi anything.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2018
Afobear:

I d beg you ...I no wan go jail again ...no b nice place to stay

Then you better behave your self here. Ok?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
edesumpitor:

I disagree with you.Only if they had played Croatia and Argentina.Senegal had an easier group.But Morocco really tried.Morocco is best African team,Nigeria,Senegal,Egypt and Tunisia in that order.
You are so right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
ChrisKels:
After overcoming this big disappointment and the anger it caused me, I am having a rethink. I think we should keep Rohr as the coach, then get a capable replacement for Salisu in Finidi, Amunike, Siasia or mutiu.

We should rather do away with the dead woods such as Onazi, obi Joel, Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Ighalo, elderson than sack Rohr.

Give ikouwem and deji chances. Select amongst, Osigwe, Alampasu, Okoye and Akpan for back ups to Uzoho.

Bring in KC Nwakali and other good youngsters in place of the dead woods.

Plz Chidi Nwakali aint ready yet, only his younger bro looks ready. I pray he(KC Nwakali) joins Porto for the champions League next season too.

Take Shehu to the midfield because with Moses Odubajo going to celtic, our RB is overfloating.

If Agu breaks into Porto first team, give him one more chance.

The likes of kayode et al should be vying for our striking shirt not people like Ighalo.

We should maintain our 352 just get Musa a better partner.

Try luring the German CBs once again. Also give Iorfa a chance if he regains his shirt at wolves.

John Obuh seems to be my favourite. Siasia is not bad but?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:16pm On Jun 28, 2018
forgiveness:

I heard Kelechi Nwakali is going to Porto fc. If it is true then it's a very good move and I hope he sees game time.

Wow, it's likely some of our players will be playing in the UEFA Champions League this season or with a top club. That is great news.

However, Chidiebere-nwakali should not be considered ahead of those doing well in better leagues or top club.
He is down the pecking order.

This whole profiling of players based on the league they represent is more or less an ego thing.
Rohr took every Nigerian player plying his trade in Euro top league, yet we returned with our worst outing.

For me, players should be selected based on form and specific skill set they will add to the team irrespective of where they play.
It's not as if we have players in Barcelona or Man utd in the first place. Most of our so called big namaes play for small teams in big leagues.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:16pm On Jun 28, 2018
Bolowolowo:

Just a suggestion lol. I'm out of options here abeg

Ok na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:18pm On Jun 28, 2018
grin

Can you drop your possible 23-Man post world cup List?

Cc Forgiveness, Komekn, and my good Friend - Chriskels.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2018
goldfish80:

This whole profiling of players based on the league they represent is more or less an ego thing.
Rohr took every Nigerian player plying his trade in Euro top league, yet we returned with our worst outing.

For me, players should be selected based on form and specific skill set they will add to the team irrespective of where they play. It's not as if we have players in Barcelona or Man utd in the first place.

Of course, they must do well in those clubs. I don't see any reason player doing well in such clubs should be ignored. It's done everywhere.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
goldfish80:

For me, players should be selected based on form and specific skill set they will add to the team irrespective of where they play.
It's not as if we have players in Barcelona or Man utd in the first place. Most of our so called big namaes play for small teams in big leagues.

We may see some in big clubs next season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Khaytunechi: 7:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
NAIJA IN D PLANE
# Mikel : So we are going home now
# Balogun : Yes o
# Etebo : Chai my first world cup
# Ighalo : Referee do ojoro for us
# Musa : shut up joo, see free post way you no fit score, no be like my ball way I score... walahi lemme catch you...
They started fighting (Musa & Ighalo)...
#Mikel : it's enough
# Ndidi : see as Messi dey dribble Idowu
# Idowu : Lemme hear word joo, you think say e dey easy for one person to mark Messi
# Iheanacho : Omerou no fit pursue Messi
# Omerou : When nobody to support me, Ekong dey do like ode for back
#Balogun : Sey Messi na god, way you and Idowu no fit stop ham
# Nwankwo : Moses, why you con dey fall like wall of Jericho na
#Ighalo : I wonder o
#Musa : Ighalo i said you should shut up, even remain silent till we land Abuja
# Rohr : will you all shut up, you played stupidly
# Iwobi : when you no start me nko, mtcheew
# BUHARI : (calling Mikel) wia is the cup you promise to bring back home, U guys should beta not come back home
# Moses : TELL AM SAY SNAKE DON SWALLOW AM jare

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

Can you drop your posable 23-Man post world cup List?

Cc Forgiveness, Komekn, and my good Friend - Chriskels.

I no wan remember the world cup again. I dey weak.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
forgiveness:

I no wan remember the world cup again. I dey weak.

grin

Post World Cup List Bruh...... let me rephrase it - AFCON Qualifiers List!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2018
Watching England Vs Belgium is like watching an EPL game with all the EPL names on the Belgian side. Boring game so far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Somebody here said it that African teams are so useless that Tunisia would only manage to salvage a draw against Panama. It is happening already. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Afobear:
no reason am ...na one night we go California way guys brew me sotay belle come d pain me ...na im Dem call me Aforbeer.
hahahahah haha..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
Afobear:
No ..,i no popular for area but bargars no d talk to me ....egede !!!
I mean neimar moniker..

Dem dey look face give canter naa angry angry

I no be egede but I get niggis wey dey de shkres cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Afobear:
nso .....as I defend finish ...to go house tire me na im I stay reach December 26 before I comot aladinma finally .....I been just d wish say my course na 5 years make I dey another year ....it was sad leaving but it was a necessary evil to be committed
but can always come around kwa wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
When it comes to who the next eagles manager should be, I don't think Gernot Rohr is the man to take us forward. As much as he brought certain degree of calmness and organization to the team, I still see him as the forebearer. His job is done with Nigeria as he has taken the team as far as he can.
If he must stay, then we are just prolonging the inevitable.

However, incase Gernot Rohr stays, then he must be made to sign documents which will make him live in Nigeria with his family. He must report to office on daily basis and provide support, technical assistance and supervise our various youth teams, monitor league games and organize seminars for local coaches in the NFL and the grassroots.
This should be the blue print going forward. Nigeria must build from ground up. All these short cut to success will always lead to failure on the global scale.

If Rohr should go, then we should be looking at a braintrust of indigenous coaches mixed with foreign technical assistants.Guys like Siasia and Amunike should head this braintrust whilst they are assisted by foreign expatriate physical trainers/high performance coach, video analysts and other backroom fillers where we lack indigenous capacity.

Another option worth considering is a manager from old Yugoslavia. Those guys are hard workers and they have no qualms living in Africa since their climes and ours aren't so dissimilar.
Furthermore, they are quite cerebral and they are affordable. For instance, look at the job Micho did with Uganda, Petrovic with Suisse and Dalic with Croatia.
We must be looking at the next level and a clear plan for the future.
The future is no longer far away.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
Afobear:
that's all? I Thought you were bragging before but now you have lost your voice ...You will be tamed more soon

Young man, football is a game of wins and loses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4336) (4337) (4338) (4339) (4340) (4341) (4342) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: superbloke(m), KanielOutis92, tikristinimi21, Christology(m), jieta, kentebemoney and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.