Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11662618 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4337) (4338) (4339) (4340) (4341) (4342) (4343) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
Icon4s:
Somebody here said it that African teams are so useless that Tunisia would only manage to salvage a draw against Panama. It is happening already. grin

Oga the person should have put an address on it and said North African teams are so useless.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
forgiveness:

We may see some in big clubs next season.

Big clubs such as Real Madrid? I don't think so. We don't have hot prospects big clubs are looking for. I can only think of Ahmed MUSA going to Fernebache or Galatasaray and Nwakali at Porto and non of them will walk into the first 11.
We must be humble enough to admit that we don't have hot prospects. Even Iwobi could be axed if he underperforms with the sweeping changes at Arsenal, he doesn't have Wenger to babysit him anymore.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

Can you drop your possible 23-Man post world cup List?

Cc Forgiveness, Komekn, and my good Friend - Chriskels.

I will do this a month into the New season. I dont like selecting players based on past glories (last season exploits)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

Post World Cup List Bruh...... let me rephrase it - AFCON Qualifiers List!

It's too early. Let us wait until the season starts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Exactly what I said would happen to the rest African teams. I’m not saying “I told you so” o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
krattoss:
but can always come around kwa wink
sure but can't do it now ....I don't want my hostel friends to mob me and task me thinking I have the dough to foot the bills not knowing say man broke ....you know as Ed be plus guys go wan brew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
krattoss:
I mean neimar moniker..

Dem dey look face give canter naa angry angry

I no be egede but I get niggis wey dey de shkres cool

Na the way na ...me tall so many d fear that height
krattoss:
hahahahah haha..
naso I carry like the name and come use am for here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2018
I will drop Ezenwa, Akpeyi and Echiejile for now, and replace them with Alampasu, Nwokolor, and Duru respectively. I would inject one AM, since I’d rather have Mikel playing CM/DM. Abdul Ajagun gets my nod to compete with Iwobi in that role. I will start to make a move for Phillip Billing and Ryan Sanusi. Also the Nwakali Brothers will be in my radar. Shehu takes Onazi’s spot at DM. Aina should make a return for AM. Odubajo also in my radar.

Oasis007:
grin

Can you drop your possible 23-Man post world cup List?

Cc Forgiveness, Komekn, and my good Friend - Chriskels.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
So are they smoking crack in England now? They would rather play Colombia than Japan really? Don't be surprised to see them make it back to back round of 16 exits.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
England England! Can't put one past Belgium. God dey.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
I think Finidi, Siasia, Amunike and other ex internationals should get club jobs and keep them before I will be comfortable with them at the helm. That said I think our next coach should come from a club so that we actually know what he is about. IMO a coach doesn't necessarily have to be good at the international level for things to go right.

I say all that to say that I feel a change is needed. Rohr has done a great job, he stabilized our team and brought much needed discipline but we could do much more.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fadiga24(m): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Hit like if you think this team can win AFCON hit share if you think otherwise

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fadiga24(m): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Hit like if you think this team can win AFCON, hit share if you think otherwise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fadiga24(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
Hit like if you think this team can win AFCON 2019, hit share if you think otherwise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
goldfish80:

Big clubs such as Real Madrid? I don't think so. We don't have hot prospects big clubs are looking for. I can only think of Ahmed MUSA going to Fernebache or Galatasaray and Nwakali at Porto and non of them will walk into the first 11.
We must be humble enough to admit that we don't have hot prospects. Even Iwobi could be axed if he underperforms with the sweeping changes at Arsenal, he doesn't have Wenger to babysit him anymore.

Na only Real Madrid bi big club? Of course, they are baba.

Simon is likely going to Liverpool, Ajayi is wanted by Sporting Lisbon, Ebuehi is going to Benfica, Kayode is already with Shakhtar Donetsk, Agu and Awaziem are likely going back to Porto, Onyekuru is wanted by Besiktas-jk (though he doesn't want), Umar Sadiq back to Roma, and if we add Ahmed Musa and Kelechi move to Galatasaray and Porto, we do have hot prospect.

I have not mentioned Victor Moses and Alex Iwobi in Chelsea and Arsenal. I have not mentioned Nigerian FB in hot demand or likely going to break into top clubs next season. I mean the likes of Kehinde, Ademola, Nmecha and Okafor.

Bros, open eyes, we get prospect.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fadiga24(m): 9:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
For those asking why Iwobi was not included, Etebo gave a bigger cause for inclusion in the three man midfield
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2018
goldfish80:
When it comes to who the next eagles manager should be, I don't think Gernot Rohr is the man to take us forward. As much as he brought certain degree of calmness and organization to the team, I still see him as the forebearer. His job is done with Nigeria as he has taken the team as far as he can.
If he must stay, then we are just prolonging the inevitable.

However, incase Gernot Rohr stays, then he must be made to sign documents which will make him live in Nigeria with his family. He must report to office on daily basis and provide support, technical assistance and supervise our various youth teams, monitor league games and organize seminars for local coaches in the NFL and the grassroots.
This should be the blue print going forward. Nigeria must build from ground up. All these short cut to success will always lead to failure on the global scale.

If Rohr should go, then we should be looking at a braintrust of indigenous coaches mixed with foreign technical assistants.Guys like Siasia and Amunike should head this braintrust whilst they are assisted by foreign expatriate physical trainers/high performance coach, video analysts and other backroom fillers where we lack indigenous capacity.

Another option worth considering is a manager from old Yugoslavia. Those guys are hard workers and they have no qualms living in Africa since their climes and ours aren't so dissimilar.
Furthermore, they are quite cerebral and they are affordable. For instance, look at the job Micho did with Uganda, Petrovic with Suisse and Dalic with Croatia.
We must be looking at the next level and a clear plan for the future.
The future is no longer far away.

You put what was in my mind in a better way

Thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
goldfish80:
When it comes to who the next eagles manager should be, I don't think Gernot Rohr is the man to take us forward. As much as he brought certain degree of calmness and organization to the team, I still see him as the forebearer. His job is done with Nigeria as he has taken the team as far as he can.

However, incase Gernot Rohr stays, then he must be made to sign documents which will make him live in Nigeria with his family. He must report to office on daily basis and provide support, technical assistance and supervise our various youth teams, monitor league games and organize seminars for local coaches in the NFL and the grassroots.
This should be the blue print going forward. Nigeria must build from ground up. All these short cut to success will always lead to failure on the global scale.

If Rohr should go, then we should be looking at a braintrust of indigenous coaches mixed with foreign technical assistants.Guys like Siasia and Amunike should head this braintrust whilst they are assisted by foreign expatriate physical trainers/high performance coach, video analysts and other backroom fillers where we lack indigenous capacity.

Another option worth considering is a manager from old Yugoslavia. Those guys are hard workers and they have no qualms living in Africa since their climes and ours aren't so dissimilar.
Furthermore, they are quite cerebral and they are affordable. For instance, look at the job Micho did with Uganda, Petrovic with Suisse and Dalic with Croatia.

Could u plz tweet this to the NFF?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:15am On Jun 29, 2018
forgiveness:

Bros forget, Ighalo messed up big time.

I think this is his last match for Nigeria.

Aaaahhh!!!!! Hughson
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:17am On Jun 29, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
I think Finidi, Siasia, Amunike and other ex internationals should get club jobs and keep them before I will be comfortable with them at the helm. That said I think our next coach should come from a club so that we actually know what he is about. IMO a coach doesn't necessarily have to be good at the international level for things to go right.

I say all that to say that I feel a change is needed. Rohr has done a great job, he stabilized our team and brought much needed discipline but we could do much more.

Amunike was once a club coach remember

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:18am On Jun 29, 2018
All African rep outta the wc 2018 chaiiiiii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:07am On Jun 29, 2018
you are sick for recommending the likes of siasia and co. what tangible have this so called ex international masqurading as coaches achieved when the chance was given to them? why are they so lazy to get others jobs rather than sit back around the corner and praying that the coach of the super eagles will be sacked for them to gain a chance of getting the job. why are they so lazy or inept to seek for jobs outside the shores of nigerian or take up a club from our local league to tinker? i said this before and will continue to say it, the worst mistake the nff will make is handing the responsibility of the eagles coaching job to any indigenous coach.
goldfish80:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:37am On Jun 29, 2018
Afobear:
Make una stay here the analyse and give una self hope . Una no get team at all . Quote after the group stages , Nigeria will lose all 3 matches by a wide margin
2-0 L
2-0 W
2-1 L

Wide margins where??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:39am On Jun 29, 2018
charlesemeka85:
you are sick for recommending the likes of siasia and co. what tangible have this so called ex international masqurading as coaches achieved when the chance was given to them? why are they so lazy to get others jobs rather than sit back around the corner and praying that the coach of the super eagles will be sacked for them to gain a chance of getting the job. why are they so lazy or inept to seek for jobs outside the shores of nigerian or take up a club from our local league to tinker? i said this before and will continue to say it, the worst mistake the nff will make is handing the responsibility of the eagles coaching job to any indigenous coach.
Pinnick feels the same way so they'll be no local coaches anytime soon(maybe Finidi will be looked at if he gets a job at a sec division club like Oliseh did)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:04am On Jun 29, 2018
charlesemeka85:
you are sick [s]for recommending the likes of siasia and co. what tangible have this so called ex international masqurading as coaches achieved when the chance was given to them? why are they so lazy to get others jobs rather than sit back around the corner and praying that the coach of the super eagles will be sacked for them to gain a chance of getting the job. why are they so lazy or inept to seek for jobs outside the shores of nigerian or take up a club from our local league to tinker? i said this before and will continue to say it, the worst mistake the nff will make is handing the responsibility of the eagles coaching job to any indigenous coach. [/s]

undecided

It baffles me a lot why some Folks here are ill-mannered, perhaps they ain't well trained, neither morally brought up by their respective Parents.

Do you know the Age of the Man you quoted and addressed stupidly?! So this is a Faceless Forum, hence we have the Liberty to do as we wish?

There are many Elders above 50 Years on this Thread. They've seen, experienced and achieved a lot in this Life, however they are following this Thread because of their Love for Sports and the National Teams.

If you are a newbie on this Thread, I advise you endeavor to read some previous Pages. These Men have been following Nigeria Teams since 80s, some since 70s, - In short before a manner-less Person like you is born.

Simple Response - some of you can't make without resorting to name-callings, dropping abusive Words and insulting the hell outta the OP!

I advise you to re-train yourself, cos it's apparent you are a Product of failed family Planning as well as proper child upbringing, however it's not late to adjust and live a disciplined Life.

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:06am On Jun 29, 2018
Iheanacho and ighalo should stay away from the super eagle striking roles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 29, 2018
Joebie:
Exactly what I said would happen to the rest African teams. I’m not saying “I told you so” o

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 8:41am On Jun 29, 2018
goldfish80:

The two biggest issues with local coaches including the ex players like Oliseh and Siasia are;
1. Extremely questionable player selections. Remember Oliseh's selections vs Tanzania and Swaziland with Paul Onobi etc and the Enyeama/Musa captainship scandal? Remember Siasia's selections vs Egypt? Seth Sincere, Ambrose et al? With Local coaches this is guaranteed to return.
2. In game management. If you think Rohr is not good at reading games, please go back and watch Oliseh and Siasia performances again.

Sure I am happy for them (local coaches) to be involved but NEVER as the main man for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:46am On Jun 29, 2018
charlesemeka85:
you are sick.
Why are you guys always exposing yourself unnecessarily,just simple post and to quote is to say the person is sick.

I'm always seeing you as a gentleman, well trained and culture but your comment is sour to taste.Pls you can do better.

Sir,don't ever think it end here,NO o.This is a big thread that we relate with ease even if we are not on the same page we still see ourselves as one Nigeria.

Pls let us be mindful of our emotions when trying to express our feelings cos there are many ways to pass it without hurting.

Pls,may God help us all.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:51am On Jun 29, 2018
unicorn79:

kai that one na dirty slap o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:00am On Jun 29, 2018
Joebie:
Haha Joebie,na our habits be dat na and we are all involved "I TOLD YOU" our synonymous SLOGAN aftermath.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (4337) (4338) (4339) (4340) (4341) (4342) (4343) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.