Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,061 members, 7,867,013 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966376 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4474) (4475) (4476) (4477) (4478) (4479) (4480) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:38am On Aug 01, 2018
Icon4s:

Have you heard of intuitive thinking?

People's way of life have a way of affecting them professionally. It is a psychological thing.
Look at Messi, is he really the leader of that Argentine team even though he wears the captain band?

You may see that picture as three boys having fun on the training ground but give a psychologist that picture and he will interpret so many things out of it.

That picture tells it all about the performance of those three players both in the Super Eagles and at Leicester City.

It is not difficult identifying a natural leader from amongst a pack of children playing on the sand smiley

Ndidi, will be a strong Team leader.

grin This may not make sense to some of us here but those that appreciate where I am driving from would understand better. cool

Messi is the undisputed leader of Argentina as a country sef.
Musa carried Nigeria at the world cup so I find your comment hard to comprehend. Ndidi is the engine room of club and country, he is young and big so all the more reason why he must carry Musa and Iheanacho lol. Honestly though they were just being boys.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:59am On Aug 01, 2018
CHAN Eagles striker Pyagbara completes transfer to Tunisia

admin

scorenigeria.com.ng | 2018-08-01T06:04:02+00:00

CHAN Eagles striker Christian Pyagbara has said he is delighted after he completed his transfer to modest Tunisian club Avenir Sportif de Gabes.

Pyagbara, 22, has signed a two-year contract with the Tunisian club.

He is a direct centre-forward with a good shot and he is a fox inside the box.

He has previously undergone trials in Norway and Tunisia.

The former Flying Eagles star has played for Sharks, Enugu Rangers and Akwa United, all in the NPFL.

He featured at the 2014 CHAN in South Africa, where Nigeria placed third.

Gabes placed 10th in the Tunisian top flight last season.

© Developed by Greynet Technologies

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:12am On Aug 01, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Musa carried Nigeria at the world cup so I find your comment hard to comprehend. Ndidi is the engine room of club and country, he is young and big so all the more reason why he must carry Musa and Iheanacho lol. Honestly though they were just being boys.

No be everything person go dey Contest or argue

Icon4s just dey bring out issue out of non issue cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:15am On Aug 01, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Nigeria is just a crazy place. We all claim to be God fearing football fans but[b] instead of standing up for players who are clearly being given the short end of the stick we blame them by saying they are not good enough.[/b]

That is a very sweeping statement can you be more specific. State which of out players fall into that group or are you saying all our players are being short changed? ❓

Please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:18am On Aug 01, 2018
andrew444:

How many matches did umar start that you said he was already scoring?

What are you saying? so if roma didnt get a new coach umar will be a starter? O common umar was never a starter at as roma,stop decieving us,new coach or not.

No coach in his right senses will start a umar when you have dzeko there who is a world class player,only a mad man will bench a dzeko for a umar so stop saying what you dont know,even if a nigerian is the head coach of as roma then,umar will still be on the bench.

Dzeko is a world class player who will make the first 11 of so many big teams,so there is no hope for umar at as roma.

Umar was also benched at bologna and torino so what are you saying? why didnt he make those teams?

you say tammy will not make the bench in italy? why wont he make the bench? Seria A subs during a game are up to 15 players,while epl and laliga are only 7,so tammy will make it,tammy will make the team of Bologna where umar manage only 3 games,tammy will get more game time at torino than umar,yes but tammy will not make the roma team.

Bros make una dey try talk truth at times,even if someone is your favorite player,speak the truth,dont side a player because he his nigerian.

Mind you i dont like tammy abraham for snubbing the eagles,but i have to speak the truth,he is a better player than umar

Truth must be told
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2018
wayodude:

Sometimes we hear comments like this 'player X' is on Barcelona's books. This means player X has a contract with Barcelona. But why is this comment made instead of describing the same player simply as a Barcelona player?

This is the difference, you CAN BE on Barcelona's books without playing for Barcelona BUT you cannot be a Barcelona player without being on Barcelona's books.

Was Ezekiel Bassey ever a Barcelona player or just on Barcelona's books?
Is Omeruo a Chelsea player?

Let the debate continue. grin

Telling it as it is no frills.

Some players are just business transactions and will never play for the team that they ate contracted too.

Some people believe that Nwakali is Arsenal player out on loan and he will soon play for the first team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2018
komekn:

Truth must be told

If Umar were to b British-born,I no say u no go support him stand grin cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:40am On Aug 01, 2018
edi287:

I swear. Dude should've left Chelsea a long time ago. The fact this Miazga guy can easily get a Ligue Un club while Omeruo is stuck in Turkey is pissing me off.
A player with his ability suppose dey get mid table epl teams to look at him

He played in the championship for Middlesbrough for a season. How many MOTM awards did he get ❓ was he the outstanding CB at the time

Those answers should tell us why he is where he is and in Turkey.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:41am On Aug 01, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Toronto whizkid Ayo Akinola could switch his allegiance to Nigeria after he was approached by Nigeria Football Federation officials.

The 18-year-old was born in in Detroit to Nigerian parents and can represent the senior national teams of Nigeria, United States and Canada but the United Soccer Soccer Federation are in pole position for his services.

Akinola was part of the United States squad at last year's Fifa U17 World Cup, playing all their five matches during the competition hosted by India.

''I’m still discussing (it) with my family. Because I feel like it’s a really big (decision) ... It’s a one-time switch so you can’t switch back,'' Akinola was quoted as saying by The Star.

''I’m still young. No time to rush. But at some point, I’m going to have to make a decision which one is the best fit for me.''

Akinola added that he will make a decision on the country he will represent before the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup qualifiers.

He has also played for United States U14 and U15 national teams.

Which club side does he play for

So because he is in the USA team hie is good enough
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:45am On Aug 01, 2018
elyte89:

If Umar were to b British-born,I no say u no go support him stand grin cool

Do you know how many Nigerian origin players play in the league system in England o am talking hundreds. So how many can we talk about.

If he Umar was in England the way he falls over plus his inconsistency he would be in non league.

He is lucky he used the branding of Nigerian youth international and Roma to push his career.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:57am On Aug 01, 2018
komekn:

Do you know how many Nigerian origin players play in the league system in England o am talking hundreds. So how many can we talk about.

If he Umar was in England the way he falls over plus his inconsistency he would be in non league.

He is lucky he used the branding of Nigerian youth international and Roma to push his career.

Common, Solanke did not have a better full season than the half season, Umar played in the Eredivise. Yet, Solanke is not playing non-league football.

Umar is a very good player and i am sure, it will become obvious soon.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:04am On Aug 01, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Hahaha. We see things differently bro. This is no issue anyways.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2018
komekn:

That is a very sweeping statement can you be more specific. State which of out players fall into that group or are you saying all our players are being short changed? ❓

Please.

Every single professional football player in Nigeria is being short changed. Those guys don't even have insurance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:08am On Aug 01, 2018
Icon4s:

Hahaha. We see things differently bro. This is no issue anyways.

Yea there's no problem with that. We all have our own perspective.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:12am On Aug 01, 2018
How far nah tbaba1234, the PSG deal still dey on abi e dun fall through? We av been waiting for the big news oo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:26am On Aug 01, 2018
ChrisKels:
How far nah tbaba1234, the PSG deal still dey on abi e dun fall through? We av been waiting for the big news oo

I will enquire.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:33am On Aug 01, 2018
tbaba1234:

I will enquire.
Chai yawa dun gas
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Triniti(m): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2018
ChrisKels:

Chai yawa dun gas
I have been waiting for that news too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2018
ChrisKels:

Chai yawa dun gas

Confirmed, The deal is still on. It will be wrapped up by weekend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
Highly rated Manchester United 20 year old midfielder Tosin Kehinde has put to rest speculation about his future by penning a four year deal with Portuguese side CD Feirense, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Kehinde passed a routine medical with the club few minutes ago and he will be officially unveiled in the afternoon by the Portuguese side, who are hoping he will fill the void created by the departure of Oghenekaro Etebo to Stoke City.

He joins on a free transfer but Man United are due some form of compensation from the Portuguese side, who are going to officially unveil the midfielder who can also play as a winger this later by noon.

His move brings to an end talks about a move to Norwegian side SK Brann, who were the early front runners for his signature despite interest from Portuguese side Rio Ave.

Eligible to represent England or Nigeria, he has committed his international future to the senior national team of Nigeria and even met with coach Gernot Rohr during the preparations for the World Cup.

D

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Highly rated Manchester United 20 year old midfielder Tosin Kehinde has put to rest speculation about his future by penning a four year deal with Portuguese side CD Feirense, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Kehinde passed a routine medical with the club few minutes ago and he will be officially unveiled in the afternoon by the Portuguese side, who are hoping he will fill the void created by the departure of Oghenekaro Etebo to Stoke City.

He joins on a free transfer but Man United are due some form of compensation from the Portuguese side, who are going to officially unveil the midfielder who can also play as a winger this later by noon.

His move brings to an end talks about a move to Norwegian side SK Brann, who were the early front runners for his signature despite interest from Portuguese side Rio Ave.

Eligible to represent England or Nigeria, he has committed his international future to the senior national team of Nigeria and even met with coach Gernot Rohr during the preparations for the World Cup.

D

Good move. Thank God, He did not go to Norway.. Expecting him in the Super Eagles soon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
Super Eagles and Trabzonspor of Turkey midfielder Ogenyi Onazi has rejected a summer move to Russian side Spartak Moscow, Scorenigeria.com.ng reports.

Onazi, who won the 2013 Nations Cup with Super Eagles in South Africa, was on the verge of Trabzonspor exit over financial state of the club which led to contractual debts.

Spartak then came knocking and the former Nigeria youth international fell for it.

However, Scorenigeria.com.ng learnt that after receiving assurances from Trabzonspor hierarchy of improvements in their finances for the coming season and that all areas would be sorted, Onazi called off his potential exit plan.

“Onazi is staying back at Trabzonspor”, Scorenigeria.com.ng was told by the former Lazio mid fielder’s close pal.

“Trabzonspor have even started paying what they owe him.

“We spoke last week and he told me they have paid him some and that they have assured him their finances would be okay this coming season.

“That was reason he decided not to move to Spartak Moscow”.

Onazi was one of the 23-man Super Eagles squad members to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, but didn’t kick a ball at the tournament.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
tbaba1234:

Confirmed, The deal is still on. It will be wrapped up by weekend.

And we would have a Nigerian international in the PSG first team? Sounds sweet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
komekn:

Truth must be told

Didn't I say the truth ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
tbaba1234:

Common, Solanke did not have a better full season than the half season, Umar played in the Eredivise. Yet, Solanke is not playing non-league football.

Umar is a very good player and i am sure, it will become obvious soon.

Solanke played for Chelsea ( few games) and then Liverpool in between a number of loan moves.

He is a England U21 international as well a senior international player.

He is restricted by real top class players in front of him. Him and Umar are not comparable.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
komekn:

Solanke played for Chelsea ( few games) and then Liverpool in between a number of loan moves.

He is a England U21 international as well a senior international player.

He is restricted by real top class players in front of him. Him and Umar are not comparable.

Umar has played for Roma and Bologna as well.

He won a bronze medal in the Olympics as Nigeria's top scorer.

His chances in Roma's first team has been limited by top class players.

He was much better in the Eredivise than Solanke when he played there.

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
who is the 9ja player moving to psg?
ChrisKels:

And we would have a Nigerian international in the PSG first team? Sounds sweet.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
Thank you, my dear!

I was just wondering what even Messi's name was doing on there sef angry

O pari

BascoVanVeli:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
KPOM! Or shall we say, word right out of my mouth!

O pari

tbaba1234:

Good move. Thank God, He did not go to Norway.. Expecting him in the Super Eagles soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
All that really matters is what Chrissy Teigen and Mila Kunis believe. Let's wait for their analysis before we jump to conclusions.

O pari

tbaba1234:

I know Mikel was in SS1 when he joined Plateau United so he was probably just 15. I was an ardent follower of the league at the time and i am sure, he did not play a league game before leaving.

Maybe smaller games but not a league game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
Peeps...let's hold sir chriskels and tbaba1234 for false alarm if no Nigerian international fails to make any move dere cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:15pm On Aug 01, 2018
elyte89:
Peeps...let's hold sir chriskels and tbaba1234 for false alarm if no Nigerian international fails to make any move dere cool

I said a Nigerian player is close to a move to PSG. Unfortunately, i can not give details. The information is 100% reliable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4474) (4475) (4476) (4477) (4478) (4479) (4480) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lelion, Hardeywale05(m), chrisooblog and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.