Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,996 members, 7,849,005 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:19 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11853932 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4494) (4495) (4496) (4497) (4498) (4499) (4500) ... (16246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
ChrisKels:
My boy Samuel Kalu, the young wing wizard, passes Bordeaux medical after an €8m deal was agreed with Gent.
Good Move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
Sadiq and Ejaria are still on the bench for Rangers.
Aberdeen 0-1 Rangers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
tbaba1234:
Bordeaux are looking at Adeleke Akinyemi. Gernot Rohr appears to be using his influence at the club to help Nigerian players. Also understand that Agbo might be on their radar.

Uche Agbo that keeps receiving call ups without a minute of play to show for it.

If he still gets a call up for the Seychelles game and don't play, then there must be something wrong with Rohr.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2018
andrew444:

Mind you bro,i don't even want ighalo in the team anymore.

I remember yakubu missed goal against Korea,Nigeria make it feels that he has done that about 100 times

You shouldn't be comparing both.

I love Ighalo very much as a player, but let him continue with his team in China, being the highest paid Nigerian player.

Next is Musa I want out of the National Team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
junnyjake:

You shouldn't be comparing both.

I love Ighalo very much as a player, but let him continue with his team in China, being the highest paid Nigerian player.

Next is Musa I want out of the National Team.

Lol you say musa is next
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
Fabrice Ondoa now plays for Belgian side KV Oostende. He is still a bench warmer as he was with Sevilla B back then in Spain.

Tomorrow now Icon4s go tell me say he is as good as my boy Uzoho who has been made Deportivo's undisputed numero uno mtcheew
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
The problem is we are not sincere people. Something is bad, we want to patch it up with good adjectives

oloriooko:
Watching SA league and am impressed with their stadia unlike ours which can give one eye sore. We need to wake up and improve our league. We must be transparent in biz deals cuz no one will want to put money where it can't be accounted for.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2018
You got this one wrong Mr Rohr. From your experience? Abeg tell us those experiences where Yusuf got out unscathed? I see, you both don’t need the money. Kwantinue. If I be you I for shut up.

jimmyiovine:
[url][/url]http://tv5.espn.com/football/nigeria/story/3584755/salisu-yusuf-backed-as-honest-victim-by-gernot-rohr

Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has thrown his weight behind his assistant Salisu Yusuf, who is the subject of an internal NFF investigation after he was secretly filmed receiving cash from undercover reporters posing as football agents.

Yusuf has denied that the money was a bribe, describing it as a 'token', and Rohr has now come to the defence of his assistant

"I saw the video, and I saw what happened," Rohr told KweséESPN. "From my experience, Salisu is an honest man.

"Those people just want to make trouble, this is people just trying to catch some people," he added. "Salisu does not need that money, he is a victim of this situation."

The assistant coach, who doubles up as the coach of Nigeria's Olympics team and the home-based Eagles, is currently in the UK recovering from hip surgery.

However, he is expected to face the NFF's Ethics Committee upon his return, where Rohr is hopeful of a positive outcome.

"I hope the Ethics Committee will listen to him and not to those people," the German coach concluded, "because I know he is an honest man and a good man."

When the BBC published footage allegedly showing Yusuf receiving a cash gift from investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas on July 24, he became the latest high-profile African footballing figure to have been implicated in the ongoing bribery scandal affecting sport on the continent.

In footage filmed in September 2017, the coach is shown meeting with Anas's Tiger Eye agency and accepting cash ostensibly to ensure that two players are selected for the CHAN tournament.

Anas's exposes have already resulted in the disintegration of the Ghana Football Association after former president Kwesi Nyanyakyi was allegedly shown accepting a cash gift of $65,000 (£48,000).

Similarly, Kenyan referee Marwa Range had to resign his World Cup post, and was subsequently banned by CAF for all football-related activities, after being allegedly recorded taking bribes.

Range was one of several officials who were handed a range of bans by African football's governing body.

[b][/b]Soo Rohr is backing his assistant, I doubt NFF will sack Yusuf now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2018
ChrisKels:
Fabrice Ondoa now plays for Belgian side KV Oostende. He is still a bench warmer as he was with Sevilla B back then in Spain.

Tomorrow now Icon4s go tell me say he is as good as my boy Uzoho who has been made Deportivo's undisputed numero uno mtcheew

o:

Wow!

Since when was he promoted? Happy for the young man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
andrew444:
Marseille want mikel agu and mind you goal.com international doesn't lie

Hehehe, but can speculate though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
Since dstv is fvcked up, livestreaming de game kwa cool

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Rohr’s statement should not affect anything. Rohr cannot clear Salisu. It’s not his job. I don’t even trus Rohr anymore .
tbaba1234:

With Rohr's statement, it is unlikely he will be fired.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
undecided

Our overrated highly -rated VicMo can't displace a Teen in the starting XI? A Squad without Willian and Hazard at the Moment?!

I pity for the SE - if our so called best Player can't make first XI at the Expense of a Teen or old Legs.

Onyekuru would ball far better than VicMo in GWG, and would make the Lineup at the Expense of either Pedro or Odoi.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
andrew444:

Lol you say musa is next

Of course!

Forget his WC showing, that guy is as inconsistent as the word itself, moving to a far less competitive league would surely work against him.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
Oasis007:
undecided

Our overrated highly -rated VicMo can't displace a Teen in the starting XI? A Squad without Willian and Hazard at the Moment?!

I pity for the SE - if our so called best Player can't make first XI at the Expense of a Teen or old Legs.

Onyekuru would ball far better than VicMo in GWG, and would make the Lineup at the Expense of either Pedro or Odoi.

Do u now agree with me that Onyekuru is the best winger the super eagles have, ahead of Musa, Moses, Simon etc?

I said this sometime mid last month and some ppl were saying BS.

As a winger, Victor Moses fan boys should get ready to watch him warming the bench all season.

Dude plz vicmo isn't Eagles best player

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2018
Please o, I've not been following the progress of our players, this transfer window.

Were Yahaya, Osimhen, C. Nwakali able to get new clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Do u now agree with me that Onyekuru is the best winger the super eagles have, ahead of Musa, Moses, Simon etc?

As a winger, Victor Moses fan boys should get ready to watch him warming the bench all season.

A Glimpse of him is enough to conclude he's the best we've got as a Winger now, follow by Simeon Moses and finally VicMo.

Ahmed Musa seems more productive as a Striker or supporting Striker as evident in the World Cup. I think he shouldn't be considered as a Winger henceforth and I hope Rohr continue building on Iheanacho - Musa Combo upfront.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
Oasis007:

A Glimpse of him is enough to conclude he's the best we've got as a Winger now, follow by Simeon Moses and finally VicMo.

Ahmed Musa seems more productive as a Striker or supporting Striker as evident in the World Cup. I think he shouldn't be considered as a Winger henceforth and I hope Rohr continue building on Iheanacho - Musa Combo upfront.

Here is my post from july 28, relate ur last paragraph to the bolded in my old post below;

ChrisKels:

Trust me Onyekuru is a gem. When I said he was better than everything we have as wingers, people thought I was beefing on others.

Yes, some of those wingers came to the national team before him, but he is miles ahead of them. From Musa, Simon, Vicmo to the Yinkas et al, they have nothing on Onyekuru as wingers.

As a striker, only Musa will give him a run for his money. KPOM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 4:29pm On Aug 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Here is my post from july 28, relate ur last paragraph to the bolded in my old post below;

The funniest thing is; the average Joe thinks of himself as CR7 of the SE. VicMo should never be pampered again. If he wanna leave the Squad, he should leave now and honorably!

Let Onyekuru and the hungry ones who are ready to sacrifice everything as well as being disciplined takeover.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2018
I'm afraid for Victor Moses career under Sarri
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Ain't sad for anyone, who wants to go to oblivion, let him fvcking go angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
junnyjake:

Of course!

Forget his WC showing, that guy is as inconsistent as the word itself, moving to a far less competitive league would surely work against him.

Lol you are funny bro,but na fact you talk sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2018
AIG07:
I'm afraid for Victor Moses career under Sarri

Make him leave Chelsea if Na so oo

That guy will not lack offers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2018
ChrisKels:

Agree with you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2018
If Vic Moses ever thought about leaving Chelsea, now is the to start packing up the bags. This guy will gets tons of offers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2018
Joebie:
Many Nigerians who are well travelled will disagree. I’ve been in Abuja continuously for 5 months now, and spent a considerable amount of time in Lagos.
For one thing, Lagos has serious transportation challenges. Can Lagos host? Why not. But the question remains can we deliver the BEST AFCON experience ever? I beg to differ

Modified
How good are our airports (the first impression) etc? Definitely not a great experience for players who are well travelled and have seen better facilities in some other African countries.

Can you pls tell me the challenges facing Lagos state transportation?

It seems you don't know about the ongoing airports remodeling and reconstruction pojects currently all over the country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2018
jimmyiovine:
NFF under investigation

Haha, i understand that Dalung was not given access to the WC sponsorship and that is why the witch hunt is happening. That is the root of his quarrel with Pinnick and why he is backing Giwa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
Joebie:
See the earlier modified. Then ask yourself since you are well travelled. Can we present a better AFCON experience than South Africa, Morocco, Algeria, Egypt and Tunisia? If all the forementioned presented a bid to host the World Cup for example, rank their seriousness to host based on what is already on ground? Talk truth

Why not? Remove South Africa because it wasn't long they hosted it.

Now, can you tell what Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco have thatput them in a better position to host Afcon?

Egypt!? Well!

If Nigeria wants to host world cup!

Let me know what you mean by seriousness first before I give an answer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bolowolowo:
If Vic Moses ever thought about leaving Chelsea, now is the to start packing up the bags. This guy will gets tons of offers.
How sure are you about this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
Kalu already training with Bordeaux

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
Bolowolowo:
don't keep your expectation too high sir
that's how you guys were puting high expectations on our players at the world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
Oga Komekn, your girls ain't doing badly at the U-20 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP. They just trounced their Korean counterparts 1-3.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4494) (4495) (4496) (4497) (4498) (4499) (4500) ... (16246) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m), elyte89 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.