Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,999 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11638180 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4594) (4595) (4596) (4597) (4598) (4599) (4600) ... (16140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2018
Well he can focus fully on his club career now. No excuses.

Modified
The season is still young. You people will just be passing premature judgements.

ChrisKels:
Vicmo's Chelsea career is over as long as Sarri doesnt play 3-5-2. Dude doesnt measure up as a winger. Like I always say, if he had continued as a winger, he would have been in the championship by now. He owe Conte every thanks for showing the world where he really fits in.

I reiterate, Onyekuru is our best winger followed by Kalu and then SiMoses bfor Vicmo. But as a wing back, he is the apex even though I'm glad he us gone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
I don’t speak much of club performances if you are not dilivering in the National team. I have already said our strikers are average at best. We are not spoiled for choices.

komekn:

The pertinent question ❓ is simply who do we have RIGHT NOW that is better than Ighalo to lead the forward line.

Apart from Obagoal who is injured, I don't see anybody

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
Emem Eduok scores for Kasimpasa.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ok good. We have some good competition at RB.
ChrisKels:

Yea yea yea. Dude is proudly Nigerian and a big fan of the super eagles. Infact earlier this year, the family granted an interview that they cant wait to c him flying high the family name in the GWG.

Follow him on Twitter and Instagram to feel the vibe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
Samuel Kalu misses a penalty

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2018
Samuel Kalu missed a penalty but his team still found the winner in the end.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2018
goldfish80:

Here was my comment and this was your reply. Please can you objectively show me where I said Cameroun will beat Nigeria.
If you can't I expect an unreserved apology but if you can show me where I said otherwise, I'm dangling a 100k prize. Here and now... This offer is open to anyone.

Oga, who you wan deceive? This was a comment you made during the AFCON. Cameroon had not even reached the final yet. Show us the ones you made in the weeks leading to the Nigeria vs Cameroon clash.
There is no point trying to defend yourself. Our memories have not failed us.

The way you pull out some skewed statistics each time you want to bring down a Nigerian player is so disturbing. A Nigerian player does well, you do not show up but when he gets even an average rating you come here to make noise.

As I said, no need defending yourself. We know you already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
Egbuchalam completes his hat trick with a spot kick.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
Some nigerians in this thread know how to bring down their player.

I am not a fan of victor moses,but how can someone says if its not because of conte style he will be in the championship? not even a mid table team?

Some folks are happy victor moses didnt make the bench for today game.

We should learn to celebrate our own and not hatred,to see a comment full of hatred isnt hard to know.

Shame on such type of people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2018
Clementoke:
Samuel Kalu misses a penalty

Better luck next time my boy, for Thiery Henry to have given u the PK role says alot. Bar the miss, the boy bossed the game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Let this house be the judge. grin

Baba na you just dey disturb yourself. Leave the guy make we discuss football joor

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
That over sabi David boy that normally replaces Awoniyi got his wish and started the match but he has not found the net yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
Petrobros:

Oga, who you wan deceive? This was a comment you made during the AFCON. Cameroon had not even reached the final yet. Show us the ones you made in the weeks leading to the Nigeria vs Cameroon clash.

The way you pull out some skewed statistics each time you want to bring down a Nigerian player is so disturbing. A Nigerian player does well, you do not show up but when he gets even an average rating you come here to make noise.

We were there bro. He can only deceive those guys that joined this thread not long ago, not the seasoned members of this thread.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
Petrobros:

You mean comment like this one? Show me where I said Cameroun will beat Nigeria or forever hold your peace.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
That over sabi David boy that normally replaces Awoniyi got his wish and started the match but he has not found the net yet.

Don't mind that little Super sub wizard... Hahahahaha... As I saw his name on the starting XI, I was like...

"Oya go and see what Taiwo faces from the start... U think say e easy?"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2018
He was truly unlucky on that one. Lad was beautiful to watch in the game. He won Bordeaux a penalty for their first goal which Guinean, Kamano converted. He also hit the bar. He dribbled, crossed and was a constant danger. Lad distinguished himself against a top Ligue 1 side like Monaco. He is blending in just fine. Hoping to see much much more from him. Was also glad Kamano struck again shaa to save Kalu'a blushes for that miss.

BascoVanVeli:
Samuel Kalu missed a penalty but his team still found the winner in the end.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Awoniyi comes in but not for Jonathan David as they trail 1-0 at home to Lokeren with 70 mins gone at this time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
He was truly unlucky on that one. Lad was beautiful to watch in the game. He won Bordeaux a penalty for their first goal which Guinean, Kamano converted. He also hit the bar. He dribbled, crossed and was a constant danger. Lad distinguished himself against a top Ligue 1 side like Monaco. He is blending in just fine. Hoping to see much much more from him. Was also glad Kamano struck again shaa to save Kalu'a blushes for that miss.

I saw Emenalo and the Monaco coach biting their fingers for failing to seal his deal ahead of Bordeaux.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
Bryan Idowu continues his bench - warming for Russian champions, Locomotiv Moscow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2018
ChrisKels:

I saw Emenalo and the Monaco coach biting their fingers for failing to seal his deal ahead of Bordeaux.

Are you sure they bit those fingers for Kalu only? Abi the loss no follow for the nail-biting? Lol... Oga Chriskels... Coolu down ooo... nwayo my good man...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
Humility017:

bro you're right. buhari pic alone can win votes massively in States like bauchi, kano, kaduna, yobe, zamfara.

that man has become a movement in the north.he is like a semi god.
not in northern kaduna sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
Nna mehn! This Jonathan David pikin ehn!!! He has scored again even with Awoniyi on the pitch...

This boy na little wizard ooo... Hian!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
Petrobros:

my brother, I just dey observe.

Thank God say we plenty wey dey here when he told us that Nigeria cannot win Cameroon. The guy said the best we can get is a draw, I remember clearly. He predicted a win for Cameroon in their home and a draw in ours. I remember that one because we teased and mocked him for it after the results went in our favour

But like I said, the guy is either an ostrich or a weasel, but him way no straight

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Nna mehn! This Jonathan David pikin ehn!!! He has scored again even with Awoniyi on the pitch...

This boy na little wizard ooo... Hian!

18 years.. Awoniyi has a fight on his hands with this kid.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Are you sure they bit those fingers for Kalu only? Abi the loss no follow for the nail-biting? Lol... Oga Chriskels... Coolu down ooo... nwayo my good man...

Hahahahaha u dis guy, u nogo kill me wt laughter ooo abeg. E no concern me wetin dem dey bite nail for, all I know b say, dia was a nail biting finito grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
ChrisKels:

Better luck next time my boy, for Thiery Henry to have given u the PK role says alot. Bar the miss, the boy bossed the game

I don't Thierry Henry's appointment has been confirmed. Heard that would be on Wednesday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ola Aina on the bench for Torino's away game to Inter Milan.

Meanwhile, New Super Eagles Invitee, Semilogo Ajayi played all 90 mins but NOT as a Central defender... He featured as a Central Defensive Midfielder and put in a decent shift. Even had a Whoscored rating of 7.4.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
Big fight I tell you which is good for stretching Taiwo anyway. The kid just keeps finding the net. Anyway, Gent went on to win 2-1. Another guy scored the winner immediately he came on.

tbaba1234:

18 years.. Awoniyi has a fight on his hands with this kid.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
William Troost Ekong starts again for Udinese!! Vs Sampdoria in Serie A.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
ChrisKels:

Hahahahaha u dis guy, u nogo kill me wt laughter ooo abeg. E no concern me wetin dem dey bite nail for, all I know b say, dia was a nail biting finito grin grin

grin grin grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Joebie:
How is that a scandal? grin

Pulling down one to promote another will always be scandalous in my book.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
ChrisKels:

Anybody could have done that, that makes u a professional, u leave ur options open. Somebody like Nmecha is both England and Germany youth team player, the only thing that matters is the country that shows more interest (at the highest level), Ejaria already said his future lies with the Eagles, I cant remember him rescinding that decision. He was right to av gone to the U20 world cup wt England since he was overlooked by us, that was a good decision then for his career.

Here are the list of professional Anglo Nigerians ready to repp us now at any level if called up ;

Raba Maja, Ebere Eze, Onyedinma, Ejaria, Tomori, Ike Ugbo, Dele Bashiru, Bright osayi Samuel, bright enobakhare et al
Fikayo Tomori too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4594) (4595) (4596) (4597) (4598) (4599) (4600) ... (16140) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Suzzytee05(f), M7even(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.