Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,447 members, 7,836,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11789198 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4597) (4598) (4599) (4600) (4601) (4602) (4603) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:22am On Aug 27, 2018
charlesemeka85:
ok, u fit use rope drag them go these clubs

Lol Emmyboy to slap u just dey hungry me now, see savagery grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:48am On Aug 27, 2018
Icon4s:

I also raised eye brows just are you did. But watching his youtube highlights I felt just maybe he is someone we can actually look at.

I do not doubt that he has talent indeed the possibility exists he could be our best ever LWB.

But that's not the issue.

There has to be a defined structured and objective selection system based on merit. We know ourselves and our country, when we have a subjective personal judgement based assessment.

What happens infact what has been happening for donkey years. Is simply bribery and corruption.

Salisu was caught RED HANDED but nothing happened or will happen. Why because it's very normal practice in the NFF.

Why is Rohr quite because he is beneficiary of the same system. He understands it that's why he was selected. He will not condemn the hands that feed him.

The things I have witnessed, will shock no one.

Sone Aluko was dropped by NFF officials because he refused to give the expected and demanded Egunje. To date he has not been recalled.

But we are inviting a youth player who has failed to do anything of substance in low level league 2nd tier leagues in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:50am On Aug 27, 2018
Icon4s:

But Egbon, have you watched his highlights on youtube?

When I submit video highlights l only submit highlights of 5-7 minutes for individual games. As it cannot be contrived.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
tbaba1234:

Bundesliga 2 is better than some top divisions. In my opinion, better than belgium and perhaps the eredivise as it is today.

The match, i am watching is not bad.

I DISAGREE.

The problem with the Bundesliga is lack of competitiveness. Take away Bayern and you have a huge gap. Take away Borussia D., and 3/4 others and you have another gap. That is replicated in the Bundesliga 2 as well.

The EPL is not like that, any of the top 10 and lower teams can beat the top team. That trend is replicated even more in the Championship.

Bundesliga 2 is slow and lacks intensity. Tell me a Bundesliga 2 team that can beat Bayern on a good day. Bundesliga 2 is on par with English league 2.

The Bundesliga 2 is probably on par with the Eredivisie but certainly not on par with Belguim league. No team in the Bundesliga 2 can beat Anderlecht, Genk etc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
charlesemeka85:
ok, u fit use rope drag them go these clubs

It's a suggestion brother, use your mental function.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
Joebie:
Idowu is the only left back we have now. I think he is okay. But that kind of player should not even be on the bench of a strong team. There is still lots of work to do in this SE team.

Are any of these players better than Seyi Ojo ❓ who plays as a left winger and or left sided midfield f or Liverpool. He can easily play as a LWB.

He is not a regular for Liverpool no doubt Salah has limited his chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
edi287:

Exactly my point. We just have to make do with Ighalo till one of the young strikers develop well enough.

Agreed

In the event the Desirable is not available the AVAILABLE becomes DESIRABLE.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
Mickael2:

I am seriously trying to figure out what my business with Vardy is. Am I a Leicester fan? is Vardy a Nigerian? For all I care he can kick out at the ref and get banned for life how will that affect anything I am attached to? If Iheanacho gets frustrated and kicks out(like he did when he was subbed against Algeria) then it's my business because he is a SE player do you now get that?

By the way people will hear you saying Nacho got an assist not knowing that its false. He had a cross which was half-cleared by a defender and it fell for the eventual goalscorer who tucked it away, I thought an assist means that you got the last touch before the player who scored? That won't be recorded as an assist mind you, except you make it one in your own stat book.

Finally I am not an authority in Psychology but I do know that learning by reinforcement is an influential type. Nacho had a 5/10 game which is average at best and you are here saying he had a decent game? If the people close to him are telling him also that 5/10 is a good performance then that means they are reinforcing him positively and he will be having 5/10 games constantly

Bitter clear cut concise truth but very difficult for some to accept here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
ChrisKels:

Lol Emmyboy to slap u just dey hungry me now, see savagery grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2018
the kid is another with huge potentials. he is down the pecking order in anfield so he is likely to leave on loan to the championship with middlesbrough showing serious interest to take him on loan for the season but it seem liverpool wants to sell him outright. he was also linked with a move to bundesliga side wolfsburg.
komekn:

Are any of these players better than Seyi Ojo ❓ who plays as a left winger and or left sided midfield f or Liverpool. He can easily play as a LWB.

He is not a regular for Liverpool no doubt Salah has limited his chances.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
charlesemeka85:
the kid is another with huge potentials. he is down the pecking order in anfield so he is likely to leave on loan to the championship with middlesbrough showing serious interest to take him on loan for the season but it seem liverpool wants to sell him outright. he was also linked with a move to bundesliga side wolfsburg.

Has the boy agreed to play for Nigeria? Abi una just wan talk bkus talk is cheap?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
Tuttosport Italia review of InterMilan-Torino game...

Their headline read, "Pagelle Toro: Ola Aina sembra Hulk!" Meaning... "Scoreboard Toro: Ola Aina looks like Hulk!"

On Ola Aina it was briefly said, "Ola Aina (22 'pt): Confirms to be an excellent alternative, highlighting quality and a physical domination.

He was also scored 7 out of 10.

Courtesy: http://m.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/serie-a/torino/2018/08/27-46815479/pagelle_toro_ola_aina_sembra_hulk_/2/

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
the bobo said sometime ago that there is possibilities that he may play for 9ja
ChrisKels:

Has the boy agreed to play for Nigeria? Abi una just wan talk bkus talk is cheap?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
safarigirl:
Uzoho became number one after playing in La Liga

Are you serious?

After playing in la liga?

You mean the 2 games he played made him number 1?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2018
Icon4s:

U17 with his club side?
Did he not keep for his club's juvenil side?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
Mickael2:

Why would someone still be supporting Buhari? Or are you suggesting that the election has already been rigged because that is the only way he could possibly stand a chance, but now even the people that could help him rig the election are against him. This election solely lies on who PDP presents as their flag bearer

Deviation from the main subject.

Nigerian politics is about self interest and the quest for individual power, benefit and the benefits that will come to those in your camp.

We don't have ideological differences in the political parties.

There are events in recent times that have created in-depth and deep seated discontent with Buhari. These events rightly or wrongly have created division on tribal, religious grounds as well failings in the economy and the issues of security.

These events create prejudice and emotive negative sentiment.

Thay means the only reason Buhari wins is because there is no credible opponent.

Considering the self interest seeking PDP it's very probable that Atiku will get the ticket. Essentially from the frying pan to the fire. In this regard Buhari will still win.

However, a Christian, Middle belt or south Nigerian origin candidate with credibility, unquestionable integrity and vision. Will win the election hands down if presented by the PDP. But that seems highly unlikely.

Unfortunately Osinbanjo cannot contest because it's re- selection for Buhari or hell fire and brimstone in the APC.

But the blind ambition of individuals in the PDP will make them unable to be objective and pick a winning candidate. As well as thier allegiance to thier North.

This is all because essentially we are running a two party system.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2018
Earthquake1:
Maybe Rohr doesn't want to beg players of Nigerian origin to represent their country of birth

If you want to represent us, do so we don't have to beg you

Rohr is very biased towards his home country and if you are in Germany playing for a moi moi club the 2nd tier and a permanent bench warmer. You have a better chance than a player playing week in week out in the EPL and or Championship winning MOTM awards.

That's the reality.

However if you are in Germany and even after a public refusal to play for Nigeria. The NFF will still be eating humble pie and making overtures towards you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2018
Kog45:
Auntie you are not getting my simple point.

Oh you see my comments as pro Ighalo abi.

Pls am not here for Pro or Anti but to talk football.

Did you see me promoting mediocre or siding Ighalo.

But fact remains Ighalo delivered against Cameroon so failing in subsequent matches will not stop me from saying the fact.

The major discourse was our poor performance against South Africa and how Ighalo was called back against Cameroon and delivered.

Generally Ighalo performance in eagles wasn't good enough

I would not disagree with your position in bold.

But in agreeing to your view, a question is raised immediately. Who in the Eagles had a an outstanding performance in the World cup or the few games prior.

Apart from Musa and Etebo not too many names jump up at you. The reality is the Nigerian team was poor.

Was KC better than Ighalo ❓ Considering that statistics don't always tell the story of what impact a player is having on the game all the time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
O-V-O Ejaria with a goal for rangers I think it is his first of the season.

And was he invited to the SE party

However a Porto B player who failed to perform at both 2nd tier of the Eredivisie has been.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
charlesemeka85:
i foresee this kid metamorphosing to the new paul pogba. his style of play is almost like that of the french super star. the nff and rohr have to act fast before he slips off our fingers. the kid is gold on the rough!

Ovie was invited to the U17 screening in London some years ago. But that's were it all ended,I wonder why ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:52pm On Aug 27, 2018
charlesemeka85:
i foresee this kid metamorphosing to the new paul pogba. his style of play is almost like that of the french super star. the nff and rohr have to act fast before he slips off our fingers. the kid is gold on the rough!

Ovie was invited to the U17 screening in London some years ago. But that's were it all ended,I wonder why ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
fabyom:
Ejara has not made up his mind yet. On Eze I agree. However, I think Nwakali deserves his invitation. His performance was right in front of Rohr and he was quite exceptional. The same applied to simmy N.

Who told you that

He has not had a substantive approach from the NFF.

On what basis does Nwakali deserves his call up, a mediocre performance in the Eredivisie then going down to 2nd tier of Dutch football. And then was so outstanding that no better club came in for him. That he settled for a demotion to Porto B.

Or because of one friendly game at the end of Athletico Madrid season , that becomes a yardstick for measurement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Rohr has not been serious about English players if you ask me. The NFF wants to go in that direction but the coach is not convinced.

Agreed without reservation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
ChrisKels:

Anybody could have done that, that makes u a professional, u leave ur options open. Somebody like Nmecha is both England and Germany youth team player, the only thing that matters is the country that shows more interest (at the highest level), Ejaria already said his future lies with the Eagles, I cant remember him rescinding that decision. He was right to av gone to the U20 world cup wt England since he was overlooked by us, that was a good decision then for his career.

Here are the list of professional Anglo Nigerians ready to repp us now at any level if called up ;

Raba Maja, Ebere Eze, Onyedinma, Ejaria, Tomori, Ike Ugbo, Dele Bashiru, Bright osayi Samuel, bright enobakhare et al

Can I add Dominic Iorfa, Seyi Ojo, Sone Aluko, Hope Akpan, Chuks Aneke, Uche Ikpeazu, Bobby Adekanya, etc, etc.

Chuks Aneke a midfielder was the highest goal scorer for MK Dons last season with over 10 goals and 10 assists.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
Icon4s:

''You are good as your last game''. Germany lost to South Korea in their last game so that means South Korea is better than Germany and you should also expect Japan or Saudi Arabia to beat Germany because they lost to Korea right?

You should show some depth the proposition is in relation to individual players not clubs or national team's.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
andrew444:

Fulham will not be relegated

Agreed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
tbaba1234:

This is ridiculous, sorry to say..

Ighalo has 1 competitive goal in open play after 3 years. He simply has not produced for Nigeria. Ahmed Musa scored 2 goals in open play playing as a striker in one game.

Giroud didnt score for France but his contribution was still immense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
komekn:

And was he invited to the SE party

However a Porto B player who failed to perform at both 2nd tier of the Eredivisie has been.

I am surprised you are not telling me that Scotland is like the 4th tier in England. Kelechi was a starter in the 2nd tier just like he is in Porto B so lay off the boy a little.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
ChrisKels:

Dude never gave Nigeria any chance. Infact he and komekn were rating Cameroonian players ahead of ours, telling us how we would get raped by Bassogog, the trash was so annoying to me that as soon as Cameroun named their list, I rushed to post it here asking ppl to compare their players individually to ours, club wise, to know who's got the best bunch.

I dont forget easily bro

You have created something from your imagination and posted it. If you can not quote verbatim, then I will expect an UNRESERVED APOLOGY.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
tbaba1234:

You are biased.

Bundesliga 2 is a quality league. Leon Balogun who seems to have adapted very easily to the premier league started out in Bundesliga 2.

Semi Ajayi and Etebo are championship players.

That proposition lacks merit and I am sorry to say doesn't make any sense.

Every player has to start somewhere, what's your point.

Dele Alli, Gomez, Ademola Lookman, all started in league one does,it make it better than the EPL.

Osayemen Osawe didn't get a game with Blackburn after a few moves to lower clubs and leagues he ended up.in the 5th tier. He then went Bundesliga 2 and is considered a good striker.

Does that make English National conference on par or better than Bundesliga 2,

I am objectively and substantively biased towards the English league system and consider it more competitive than the Bundesliga. It's rated 3 places higher. I am not making irrational outbursts

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (4597) (4598) (4599) (4600) (4601) (4602) (4603) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: codemaniacs, DrYa, Ajd19, Danielnino00(m), elyte89, Posh(m), Shegzdave, chidekings(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.