Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,209 members, 7,860,357 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11924722 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4750) (4751) (4752) (4753) (4754) (4755) (4756) ... (16332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 6:57am On Sep 20, 2018
Just hope Pinnick gets to win.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:00am On Sep 20, 2018
With NFF election holding today.. Next election will be Sept 2022 before 2022 WC in Qatar . Won't it affect super eagles prep if we qualified.

Note Qatar 2022 WC will be OCT/NOV.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2018
forgiveness:

He is fit.

And he didn't make the bench ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:19am On Sep 20, 2018
darkelf:
That is how Ahmed Musa left for saudi arabia and jettisoned another chance to play in the UEFA champions league (for CSKA Moscow) because of money.

Sad lipsrsealed

You could have said that to asamoah gyan during his 20s and his response will be offer too good to refuse,same thing goes to our musa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2018
darkelf:
Besides, the Saudi league is of a much lower quality, so he won't be put on his toes week in, week out.

Also, many pundits regard such moves as a career ending one.

If he was really serious about improving his game, he shouldn't have gone to Saudi. Another National team coach might have closed chapter on him after that move bit not conservative Rohr.

I expect his quality of play in the SE to lessen and to return to the old run-without-sense musa we all know. I may be wrong though. Just my thoughts

Is China league not like those Saudi league ?

Yet Brazil and Belgium keep on calling players from those league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:21am On Sep 20, 2018
darkelf:
Besides, the Saudi league is of a much lower quality, so he won't be put on his toes week in, week out.

Also, many pundits regard such moves as a career ending one.

If he was really serious about improving his game, he shouldn't have gone to Saudi
Another National team coach might have closed chapter on him after that move bit not conservative Rohr.

I expect his quality of play in the SE to lessen and to return to the old run-without-sense musa we all know. I may be wrong though. Just my thoughts

@Bolded I disagree... Musa's invitation has nothing to do with Rohr's conservation. Musa earned his national team spot long ago..He has done well for himself...
Again I don't think the Saudi league is that bad. At least its still better than the Chinese league judging from their national team performance..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:24am On Sep 20, 2018
maidaboi:
seconded

Thirded without reservation grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sontoly: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2018
Danielnino00:

Thirded without reservation grin

Fourthed cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2018
komekn:

I can get a picture of myself talking with Klopp does that that tell you the substance, nature and content of my discussion.

I expect you to exercise basic common sense if not intelligence.

Nobody said that they didn't discuss but the substance of that discussion is what we will never know.

Furthermore, I doubt if Tega will be so foolish to get into a he said, I said contention.

You use the term hypocrisy I don't think you know what it means.

So Pinnick went all the way to London to meet Tammy and his folk just for meeting sake...
Like Pinnick has the time and luxury to visit any footballer on the planet just for visiting sake...

That's interesting grin

But them aren't u an hypocrite? grin
Right from the beginning u were among the first to start the clamour for Tammy invitation...many people here later joined.. we all rated Tammy highly...
Pinnick went into action and had a discussion with Tammy.. We saw the pictures and report even in the British media of Tammy's likely switch to Nigeria.. Then at the last minute, England came calling and Tammy insulted us..

Now u are trying to twist the narrative to suit your judgment... of course u are a bloody hypocrite.. that's why many don't take u serious anymore

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:37am On Sep 20, 2018
safarigirl:
which glory and career? All the ones wey dey the UCL, where their glory dey? Oya, can you tell me the glory that those Young Boys players wey chop 3 today don get? Where is their own glory?

Mbok, leave Musa to be chopping Arab money, na work him dey find and na who dey pay correct money workman go run meet

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2018
andrew444:

And he didn't make the bench ?

I don't know. Only one CF was in the squad with 3/4 attacking midfielders
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2018
forgiveness:

Alright
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:12am On Sep 20, 2018
Danielnino00:

You are very funny... grin .. Perhaps u should organise a stand up comedy in the UK or Warri sometimes....

If the aforementioned players don't need the super eagles to boost their career,then why the hell.are u trying to force them down on us??

I mean. if they are really good,their chance of playing for England is. very high.. We all know.how much u look at the super eagles and NFF with disgust.[b][/b]. so why bother clamouring for the addition.of ur precious players in the team??

See Mr. Komekn its high time u come out clear about ur mission on this thread... I'm.not understanding it again...

I know that many here are fans and therefore fanatical but not all are gullible and easily led.

Now considering your proposition.

Back it up,substantiate your position because the good thing everything here is written. which should not be difficult to do.

If you can't then your just a NOISE MAKER jumping into the rabble of prejudiced misguided and misled noise makers.

Don't give your opinion based on nothing reference your proposition with my statements.

Otherwise forever remain silent because when a person lacks wisdom and remains silent he is thought to be wise, which you certainly are not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:20am On Sep 20, 2018
Are forgiveness and komekn the same person?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:48am On Sep 20, 2018
Earthquake1:
Are forgiveness and komekn the same person?

See question! lipsrsealed grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:58am On Sep 20, 2018
Slavia Prague vs Bordeaux tonight..
Peter Olayinka vs Samuel Kalu grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bibiosax: 11:04am On Sep 20, 2018

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:42am On Sep 20, 2018
forgiveness:

you don't know why he didn't make the team or you don't know whether he is fit as you claimed?

You people should stop disturbing us with all these footballers wey never play ball this season. Allow us manage our semi-bench warmers that at least see playing time, after all your shout yesterday, see as Kayode fall your left intestine.

Please, stick to waving the flags of footballers that are actually playing, I take no joy in laughing at your failed postulations grin
forgiveness:

you don't know why he didn't make the team or you don't know whether he is fit as you claimed?

You people should stop disturbing us with all these footballers wey never play ball this season. Allow us manage our semi-bench warmers that at least see playing time, after all your shout yesterday, see as Kayode fall your left intestine.

Please, stick to waving the flags of footballers that are actually playing, I take no joy in laughing at your failed postulations grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2018
andrew444:

Is China league not like those Saudi league ?

Yet Brazil and Belgium keep on calling players from those league

Therefore, I rest my case.

Hopefully, Musa comes good for us, otherwise I expect fans will continue to point fingers at his move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
Joebie:
Iheanacho better than Mbappe grin

Even if you write a PhD thesis on with this title and you back up your claims, once the external supervisor sees it, he'll just throw you out of the room.

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
Danielnino00:
Slavia Prague vs Bordeaux tonight..
Peter Olayinka vs Samuel Kalu grin
hope they all start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2018
jihday:
Today is the NFF election. contestants are Pinick, John Okoye and two other clowns in the persons of Ogunjobi and Maigari. hope Pinick will win to consolidate his good work.

Although, Pinnick has made a few laudable strides, I'll say that overall, his performance is just 30/100.

THe guy is overrated

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
darkelf:

Although, Pinnick has made a few laudable strides, I'll say that overall, his performance is just 30/100.

THe guy is overrated

So will u prefer Maigari or Pa Ogunjobi?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
Danielnino00:

So will u prefer Maigari or Pa Ogunjobi?

Pinnick is the best of all four evils.

So, our hands as Nigerians are tied

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2018
darkelf:

Pinnick is the best of all four evils.

So, our hands as Nigerians are tied

Hahaha.. Abi..

Pinnick has done well for the super eagles but he hasn't done better than his predecessor for the other national team especially the female team...

I've been following our basketball team for long now and the female team enjoy almost the same level.of funding and support as the male... Wonder why the NFF can't be like that...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
Chrismario:

Just like how politics landed Nwakali and Osimhen where they are.

Can you tell me the relevance of your comment toTega.

One is a established player at a top club Chelsea wanted by multiple clubs and the others are struggling to find relevance.

I am perplexed, you are supposed to be one of the more informed contributors.

Very dissaponting but not shocking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
Sorry to digress guys but Nabil Fekirs Jaw ehnn...

Looks like what my grandma used to break palm kernel those days

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
Joebie:
Kai I see komekn list with two Tegas, even waffi guy like me confuse.

Tega Onomah, Tega Abrahams. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2018
Eberechi Eze on Wednesday showed he is one of the most exciting young English talents outside the Premier League on a night when QPR left Millwall in their wake.

The 20-year-old forward played a starring role and scored as Rangers continued their turnaround under Steve McClaren.

Eze, who was released by Millwall two years ago, looks a bright prospect and it is easy to see why a host of top-flight clubs are monitoring his progress.

Scouts from Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool and Crystal Palace are believed to have watched him and any one of them at Loftus Road on Wednesday would have been impressed.

Playing in the No10 role, Eze sought the ball in intelligent positions, carried at speed, ghosted past defenders and brought others into the game. He still has plenty of room for development, but already has a good understanding of the game.

Former Rangers striker Jamie Mackie has no doubt that he has a bright future.

“He has got undoubted quality,” said Mackie, who was at QPR with Eze last season and was a pundit on Sky Sports last night. “The manager and people at the club are going to try their best to keep his feet on the ground. Knowing him, they will not have to do that.

“He has a great attitude. He just wants to play football and achieve what I believe he can. I believe he can go really, really far.”

McClaren was keen to stress that Eze still has a lot of work on.

“He has a long way to go, but he is definitely a talent,” said the Rangers boss. “We need to add discipline and work-rate to his game. He is showing that and he is getting the reward with his performances.

“He is a talented player, but talent alone is nothing — you have to work hard and we have told him that. He has got to be disciplined and do a job for the team.”

QPR have turned things around after losing their first four games and they are now unbeaten in four matches and just three points outside the play-off places.

Millwall, meanwhile, continue to struggle and are just one point above the relegation zone.

Lions captain Steve Morison said: “Everyone knows it is not good enough. It is only us who are going to put it right and we need to do that quickly.

“I said in pre-season this was going to be a tougher season than last year, that we are going to be in a relegation fight and getting to 50 points is our aim. That is still our aim.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
Pinnick relected with 34/44 votes
Akinwunmi returns as First Vice President with 42/44 votes
Ifeanyi Ubah pulls out and Gusau returns unopposed as Chairman of Chairmen

Mohammed Sani Katu (Chairman of the Electoral Committee) says they will be sworn in today in front of the CAF/FIFA representatives.
Dalung claims he is unaware of the elections, he only knows about the supreme court ruling undecided
Giwa has obtained a court order to stop the elections according to some reports. angry

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 20, 2018
komekn:

Can you tell me the relevance of your comment toTega.

One is a established player at a top club Chelsea wanted by multiple clubs and the others are struggling to find relevance.

I am perplexed, you are supposed to be one of the more informed contributors.

Very dissaponting but not shocking.

I'm not ready to discuss this further.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2018
DrLikita12:
Pinnick relected with 34/44 votes

Sai Pinnick grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4750) (4751) (4752) (4753) (4754) (4755) (4756) ... (16332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels, faithtemisan93(f), opes, Philosopher1979, elyte89, MetalJigsaw(m), Mujtahida and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.