Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,921 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11777705 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4747) (4748) (4749) (4750) (4751) (4752) (4753) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
KPOM!

O pari

Earthquake1:

Suarez is getting fat and stupid angry

He does this because there is no responsibilty on him,whether we lose or draw the responsibilty is on Messi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
andrew444:

Leave that madam bros,na only super eagles that one sabi
It's terrible really. Jeez!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
Earthquake1:
I hope Samuel Chukwueze is not a winger, else we'll start exporting wingers to other countries

He is a winger cum inside forward in the mould of Arjen Robben grin,he is a left footed winger who plays from the right flank.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 6:34pm On Sep 19, 2018
cc12:
Samuel Chukwueze on the verge of promotion to Villarreal main team, according to the spanish publication Marca, he is likely to feature against Rangers FC of Scotland in the UEFA Europa league on thursday the 20th of september 2018.

Visit this link for more information.

.http://www.marca.com/futbol/villarreal/2018/09/19/5ba26326e2704eadb88b45b1.html

Nice one.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2018
ChrisKels:

And here is the rough translation from Google ;

Nigerian Samu Chukwueze. The young African footballer, who on May 22 turned 19, has serious options to enter for the first time in the call of Javier Calleja as the Madrid coach himself made clear in his appearance before the media: "You can enter because you are He has trained with us. "
Although the technical secretary of Villarreal followed the footballer since his appearance in the youth world championship played in 2015, it was not until the end of last season when he took the services of the skillful left-handed. And in that sense fortune smiled at the tile club because the restrictive British legislation in terms of signings prevented the player from materializing his arrival at Arsenal after being practically closed if he signed with the Gunners. It was then when the Castellonans were able to get ahead of rival rivals who, like Oporto, tried to take over the young African promise.
A couple of games in the youth served him to give the jump to the subsidiary of Segunda B where amazed with
a pair of goals in the style of Messi in the promotion of promotion to LaLiga 123. So much that it became a constant
presence of scouts from different European teams every weekend in the yellow sports city. Villarreal, aware of its potential, renewed the player this summer and extended its clause in a figure close to 30 million euros.
This year he has already scored three assists in the first days and several performances that have served to convince Calleja to give him his first opportunity. Villarreal • The young Nigerian winger will be on the list
Pearl Samu Chukwueze, before her debut
Samu Chukwueze, during the promotion phase to LaLiga 123 with Villarreal B. / Carme Ripolles /
BRAND
09/19/2018 | 16:54 CEST Víctor Franch Vila-real
 
Villarreal discovers a diamond: 'messianica' exhibition by Samu in San Mamés!
Villarreal

Loads of praises for the young lad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
SlayerForever:

Loads of praises for the young lad.

That is what happens when you settle down to work hard and don't ride on past glory as the manner of some is

Hope Rohr monitors him closely

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
darkelf:

That is what happens when you settle down to work hard and don't ride on past glory as the manner of some is

Hope Rohr monitors him closely

Yes,I hope his development continues.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
ChrisKels:
But why was Salah throwing tantrum in reaction to Firmino's winner yesterday? Could it be, dude wants all the glory to himself?

I thought i was the only one that noticed it until I saw it in a sports news.

This guy is known to be humble so it is a bit surprising.

Or has he allowed the performance of last season get to his head.....the fact that he was compared to Messi....and worshiped in Egypt and LFC.
\
Thank God our team is now more rounded.... no more one man shows

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
AIG07:
hahaha... I think you know how the Ranking Master rank these leagues. The leagues you highlighted are lacking in quality and so can be regarded as backwater leagues. But That doesn't take away the fact that there are possibility of having exceptional players in those leagues.

On Danjuma, he was decent last night. He kept it simple and drew a very fine save off Dortmond goalkeeper. He will be a great addition. But don't forget he is a winger and so will have lots of fight in his hands when he finally joins.

Presently, the Super Eagles seems to have more feathers on the wings than other parts of its body
Musa, .
S. Moses
Henry,
Iwobi
S. Kalu
**Success**
*Ademola
*Danjuma

I think it's time Rohr begins to play without an out and out strikers or better still converts Musa to 9 and if possible get success into the position since our first two 9s have failed to live up to expectations.

Cc: Andrew444

I echoed the same sentiment recently bros.

We seem to be blessed with a lot of wingers these days but you know baba Rohr.....I'm sure he wished we had a lot of DMFs instead
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2018
darkelf:

I echoed the same sentiment recently bros.

We seem to be blessed with a lot of wingers these days but you know baba Rohr.....I'm sure he wished we had a lot of DMFs instead

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2018
Joebie:
Our own diamond academy, umuahia. Mark this guy. The day I see you call forgiveness names I go join am descend on you.
grin

Abi grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
SlayerForever:

I don't know where this is coming from or for what reason but it is so so unnecessary! What is this kwanu? Salah is the only African since Drogba to put Africa up there,in England and across Europe. Please!
Appreciate or identify with the young African or pass. Jeez!
why are you taking it personal?

Jeez! What is wrong with some people here? Someone cannot state an opinion? So because he is African we should come here and sugarcoat everything? Is he God?

Africa is obviously a pathetic continent. Talking as if Salah is Mandela.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
SlayerForever:

It's terrible really. Jeez!
ehat is terrible is Salah's behaviour last night that has flown right over your head because he must not be criticized.

You cannot even say a thing of it, the only thing you know is that we should worship Salah. He should try and win a trophy one of these days, maybe I will understand what all the hullabaloo is about.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
Forgiveness, please, Shakhtar Donetsk is currently playing. Kayode is nowhere to be found. Did he travel to help them clean boots in the dressing room? Where is that your news article that you posted here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2018
[s]
safarigirl:
why are you taking it personal?

Jeez! What is wrong with some people here? Someone cannot state an opinion? So because he is African we should come here and sugarcoat everything? Is he God?

Africa is obviously a pathetic continent. Talking as if Salah is Mandela.

[/s]

Arrant Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2018
Earthquake1:
I hope Samuel Chukwueze is not a winger, else we'll start exporting wingers to other countries

He is a winger, but don't worry we would start exporting wingers like Ighalo, Simmy Nwankwo,Brian Idowu and Co. to other countries. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
[s]
safarigirl:
ehat is terrible is Salah's behaviour last night that has flown right over your head because he must not be criticized.

You cannot even say a thing of it, the only thing you know is that we should worship Salah. He should try and win a trophy one of these days, maybe I will understand what all the hullabaloo is about.

[/s]

He slammed his bottle in frustration and so what? Please please please don't try to rubbish Salah with such tripe you typed earlier. Nobody said he shouldn't be criticized,why not? But is it the same with that rubbish you wrote? Even from a pathetic continent as you called it he is the 3rd best player on Earth at this time,identity with his effort or pass. Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2018
This thread is getting hot

Comrades... En garde!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:48pm On Sep 19, 2018
cc12:

He is a winger, but don't worry we would start exporting wingers like Ighalo, Simmy Nwankwo,Brian Idowu and Co. to other countries. grin

Very funny undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
SlayerForever:

He slammed his bottle in frustration and so what? Please please please don't try to rubbish Salah with such tripe you typed earlier. Even from a pathetic continent as you said he is the 3rd best player on Earth at this time,identity with his effort or pass. What rubbish.

According to a video I watched, he raised both hands (in excitement I guessed) after Firmino's goal before being filmed slamming his bottle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2018
SlayerForever:

He slammed his bottle in frustration and so what? Please please please don't try to rubbish Salah with such tripe you typed earlier. Nobody said he shouldn't be criticized,why not? But is it the same with that rubbish you wrote? Even from a pathetic continent as you called it he is the 3rd best player on Earth at this time,identity with his effort or pass. Rubbish.

She was just making a point oga. Look at her argument constructively and you will see it make some sense. Riyad mahrez did well one season faded out the next, ngolo kante was a beast one season not up to 60% the next. The EPL is very demanding and consistency season in and out is not easy to achieve. Take am easy abeg. Let's not get personal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
Deliberately watching QPR and Millwall, want to see what all the Ebere Eze fuss is all about. #EbereEze
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
komekn:

First of all if your European born and doing ok you don't need the SE to boost your career.

Tega, Ademola, Tega, Oviemuno, Ojo, etc don't need to the SE to boost thier careers. That's something you need to understand. Even going back what did the SE do for Aluko, Akpan, etc.

You make assumptions from an Afro- centric point of view.

Unless you were a party to discussion you really do not know the substance of what happened with Tega and so called discussions.

What has the SE done for Ekoku, Shittu, Iwobi, Moses, Ikeme and co?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2018
Clementoke:

According to a video I watched, he raised both hands (in excitement I guessed) after Firmino's goal before being filmed slamming his bottle

O ohhhhh my brother you see am?? He was even happy for the Firmino goal. I don't know what she's trying to make out of it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
SlayerForever:

there was no rubbishing of Salah in my original post.

I cannot believe you will be taking such things personal. It is NOT personal, it NEVER was. If I want to rubbish someone, I know what to post. If you were familiar with my posts, you would know when I am running bushing someone.

Maybe you rubbished him in your mind because I did no such thing as far as I am concerned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
Truidstar:

She was just making a point oga. Look at her argument constructively and you will see it make some sense. Riyad mahrez did well one season faded out the next, ngolo kante was a beast one season not up to 60% the next. The EPL is very demanding and consistency season in and out is not easy to achieve. Take am easy abeg. Let's not get personal.
help me tell him o

How he could read that post and deduce I was rubbishing anyone is beyond me. Haba!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:13pm On Sep 19, 2018
Clementoke:

so, he just raised his hands, but the whole internet is slamming him for raising his hands in excitement?

Go and watch full match mbok. Slayforever can bury his head wherever
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
Truidstar:

If you put it that way fine. But is that how she put it? Was she,in your words "Constructive"? That is pure unnecessary hate my brother. And it's quite unbecoming.
Then she goes on to talk about slamming the bottle,so what?!

I'll just let it be. I'm not a Liverpool fan,I just appreciate the young man. Coming from the "pathetic continent" he has really tried. No P.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
Wetin be mbok sef?
safarigirl:
so, he just raised his hands, but the whole internet is slamming him for raising his hands in excitement?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 19, 2018
This Ebere Eze boy is very confident on the ball sha.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
[s]
safarigirl:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
SlayerForever:

If you put it that way fine. But is that how she put it? Was she,in your words "Constructive"? That is pure unnecessary hate my brother. And it's quite unbecoming.
Then she goes on to talk about slamming the bottle,so what?!

I'll just let it be. I'm not a Liverpool fan,I just appreciate the young man. Coming from the "pathetic continent" he has really tried. No P.

I feel you bro. But you realize he is seen more as Arab than African? Also realize he is idolized and seen as par with Messi in the Arab World. A truly acceptable Arab Muslim soccer star.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4747) (4748) (4749) (4750) (4751) (4752) (4753) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.