Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11711907 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4951) (4952) (4953) (4954) (4955) (4956) (4957) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Now u want to get into minutes, I thought u said 4 goals in 21 matches was a poor return for a striker no matter what? U didn't go into minutes until today.

It is not the same thing playing 15-20 minutes at the end of a game and regularly playing 90 minutes. If Ighalo was the second striker coming on at the end of a game, the criticism will be much less.

Giroud stats improved significantly when he started playing more minutes.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

In Africa, Nigeria is a star studded team.. Most of our opposition were African teams,

Giroud is now one of France top goal scorers. very underrated player.

Who do you expect to be France top scorer ?

Say na mbappe wey begin play ball last year ?

Giroud is the longest serving striker on the French team,he has been playing for 8 years ,so who do you expect to score more than him ?

If ighalo have 10 goals on 24 caps,what makes you think he won't score 32 in 84 caps ?

Go and check ikechukwu uche and obagol caps ,if they play the amount of games giroud played I am very sure they will get more goals than him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
safarigirl:
Thanks smiley.
I still dey Gwags o, how you dey?
Lol. Why do u Abj people like calling Gwagwalada Gwags sef?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
andrew444:

Who do you expect to be France top scorer ?

Say na mbappe wey begin play ball last year ?

Giroud is the longest serving striker on the French team,he has been playing for 8 years ,so who do you expect to score more than him ?

If ighalo have 10 goals on 24 caps,what makes you think he won't score 32 in 84 caps ?

Go and check ikechukwu uche and obagol caps ,if they play the amount of games giroud played I am very sure they will get more goals than him

Ighalo is unlikely to get to 82 caps at his age. African teams do not play as many games.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
forgiveness:

If giving pure undiluted fact is hate, how come independent observers noticed it and gave him his report card after the season finished? grin

Naaah... You didn't just read what I just typed. When Nacho was the most lethal of them all in europe in 2015/2016 by May 2016 in terms of goals per mins ratio, you still termed him trash and even said Solanke did better than him in same calendar year. So it is not about any spoof list you wanna hide behind ... It is about your already made up mind to just close your eyes to the quality of the kid Nacho. That is the hate I speak of. Well documented hate which you use moot points to disguise.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Please please and please... No one and I repeat no one should compare a fruitless Target man in Giroud to this on-fire Iggy abeg!!!
They should not be in the same sentence anymore for now abeg... Ahhh!!
Did you see that Iggy scoop on two libyans?!! Can Giroud do that? Please ooooo.... Don't "angry" me!
of course, Giroud and Ighalo should never be mentioned in the sme sentence.

A whole Giroud that has multiple FA Cup wins, World Cup winner and let us not forget, PUSKAS Award winner for that sumptuous Scorpion Kick two seasons ago..... Giroud and Ighalo should not be compared, Giroud na Ighalo mentor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

You should know when I am whining you naa.... wink Lol... If Ighalo can win the APOTY on the back of topping the AfconQ scorers chart and going right ahead to top score at Cameroun 2019 and lead us to the Afcon title... Then yes, he stands a great chance of winning it. Just that those two African attacking "devils" at Red Merseyside are also factors shaa ooo...

Dude, don't I know u? grin
I was talking about the one in January. Salah and Mane are set but there isn't a sure bet anywhere else. Let's not forget that CAF loves to give the hottest guy at the time the award. I believe a good performance in South Africa plus top scorer in the CSL (and maybe even a move to a top European club?) will lead to questions being asked on his behalf. That is a long way away but I was just speaking out loud grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
Icon4s:

Lol. Why do u Abj people like calling Gwagwalada Gwags sef?
it's shorter and simpler
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
tbaba1234:

Ighalo is unlikely to get to 82 caps at his age. African teams do not play as many games.

Yes bro just making an example

Ighalo won his first cap at 25 while giroud won his first cap at 26,same time ,but Europe for more games than Africa

We all know it's hard for an Africa player to reach 100 caps ,they play more games than us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
safarigirl:

A whole Giroud that has multiple FA Cup wins, World Cup winner and let us not forget, PUSKAS Award winner for that sumptuous Scorpion Kick two seasons ago..... Giroud and Ighalo should not be compared, Giroud na Ighalo mentor

Ighalo: Kaiii... Haba Ola Baby... pity me naa. No be titles I dey talk naa... Haba!! Na current form me dey yarn ooo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by arale(m): 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
Nice thread. I've been following for quite a while.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Naaah... You didn't just read what I just typed. When Nacho was the most lethal of them all in europe in 2015/2016 by May 2016 in terms of goals per mins ratio, you still termed him trash and even said Solanke did better than him in same calendar year. So it is not about any spoof list you wanna hide behind ... It is about your already made up mind to just close your eyes to the quality of the kid Nacho. That is the hate I speak of. Well documented hate which you use moot points to disguise.

Trash! grin you can lie for Africa. grin

I said Solanke was better than him as at then. Yes!

I know what I saw and I can't lie about it. grin

If I had closed my eyes, I no go see wetin I see last season too. I judge players based on their overall performance. That's all. If you call that hate, well, it's your cup of coffee. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2018
You termed an excellent teen performer on par with a bang average Solanke.... You brought him that low and lied just to paint Nacho black. If that is not trash talking Nacho then I wonder what else that is. You have never liked Nacho.... Never! You are a certified bonafide Nacho hater no matter how hard you try to present yourself as just stating facts. So it is indeed not out of place to term you a hater. That is just the truth.

forgiveness:

Trash! grin you can lie for Africa. grin

I said Solanke was better than him as at then. Yes!

I know what I saw and I can't lie about it. grin

If I had closed my eyes, I no go see wetin I see last season too. I judge players based on their overall performance. That's all. If you call that hate, well, it's your cup of coffee. grin

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
Icon4s:

Were you satisfied with Ighalo scoring only 3 competitive goals in 3 years including that miss that ended our 2018 WC dreams? Answer Yes or No.
So Ighalo is now Marcos Rojo abi? Let me guess Ighalo was also the reason Davido's uncle lost his election.

I was absolutely satisfied with him as our striker, without a shadow of a doubt.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

So Ighalo is now Marcos Rojo abi? Let me guess Ighalo was also the reason Davido's uncle lost his election.

I was absolutely satisfied with him as our striker, without a shadow of a doubt.

So it was Marcos Rojo that missed that Chance to give Nigeria a 2:1 lead.

And on your second paragraph, I see, that tells a lot.

When did you start following the Super Eagles please?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

It is hate. In your cases, you pull Nacho down to the mud even when he does produce the goods. He scores, and you guys will talk about his first touch and call him average. If it is not that, he assists and you talk about his failure to hit that shot well... Bla bla bla...

You even bring Nacho into your arguments when talking about other players when Nacho was never even supposed to be part of that discussion. You guys do it a lot... So yours is wayyy different. In Iggy's case... Before his current explosive form, he was barren. Simple and short. And the criticism was justified but what I cannot stand for is calling him trash, or insulting the man. Or going as far as threatening him as they did on Instagram.

In the Super Eagles team today, Nacho still boasts a better goals involvement over a lesser number of games. Yet you guys always had negative things to say about him. Someone even called Nacho a dog. Mehn that is pure undiluted hate. No questions asked. It is very very bad.

Person that said we should drop Ighalo and Iheanacho so we can invite Kayode and who sef. Now forming Ighalo's attorney.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2018
Icon4s:

So it was Marcos Rojo that missed that Chance to give Nigeria a 2:1 lead.

And on your second paragraph, I see, that tells a lot.

When did you start following the Super Eagles please?
So a draw would have sent us home abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
You termed an excellent teen performer on par with a bang average Solanke.... You brought him that low and lied just to paint Nacho black. If that is not trash talking Nacho then I wonder what else that is. You have never liked Nacho.... Never! You are certified bonafide Nacho haters no matter how hard you try to present yourself as just stating facts. So it is indeed not out of place to term you a hater. That is just the truth.

Excellent performance! shocked shocked

I said Solanke was better than him way before he started having excellent performance. grin

Your problem, he is always having excellent performance even if he does nothing. Fact. grin

So, get your facts right next time. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
Icon4s:

Person that said we should drop Ighalo and Iheanacho so we can invite Kayode and who sef. Now forming Ighalo's attorney.

'If' they don't perform. Get your facts right, Mr. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
forgiveness:

Excellent performance! shocked shocked

I said Solanke was better than him way before he started having excellent performance. grin

Your problem, he is always having excellent performance even if he does nothing. Fact. grin

So, get your facts right next time. grin

Your hatred just never fails to shine through. You said Solanke was better even after he(Nacho) had an excellent first season. You are lying and trying to dribble your way out of it but you cannot. Even when Nacho does have a bad game, you want us to over dwell on it because you love to scoff at the lad... But he does well, you hide your face. Oga, you are a certified Nacho hater. We know and we can move on with that knowledge because it is truth. Thank you. I clap for your dodging skills shaa ooo... Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
Lol... nacho vs Mbappe Part 2

safarigirl:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
forgiveness:

If giving pure undiluted fact is hate, how come independent observers noticed it and gave him his report card after the season finished? grin

Ask them oh.

I hate to say this, but Iheanacho is simply less than average. The guy is just hype and nothing else. Man city noticed this and dropped him like a hot iron. The unsuspecting Leicester fell for the scam and bought him for a fortune. But even then, to get playing time in mid table Leicester still hard for Iheanachonaldo my man, sotey them pursue am go youth team. grin

To crown it all, baba was the first Nigerian to win the "world's worst striker award".

At this rate, the guy will definitely be in the championship or in a lower league in two to three years. This is not hate, it's the bitter truth.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
I think if Nigeria meets a team at par with us in terms of talents, the better tactical manager will carry the day. Rohr might be able to do well among African teams, butI doubt him improving outside Africa.
daveP:

The pocket of spaces the Libyans got behind our midfield was too too much and I wonder why our coach was seeing this and was simple watching and even sting late. He should have subbed off Etebo and brought in Ogu, but he was doing that late after their comeback. Note well the areas they got their setpieces to score.

Aina was drawing back instead of challenging for the ball for that second goal.

Ndidi I expected to behave just made me sad. Or should I blame Rohr no thinking he could play all 90, get tired and with the DMF tole in him, not expect him to foul players?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Your hatred just never fails to shine through. You said Solanke was better even after he(Nacho) had an excellent first season. You are lying and trying to dribble your way out of it but you cannot. Oga, you are a certified Nacho hater. We know and we can move on with that knowledge because it is truth. Thank you. I clap for your dodging skills... Lol

Show me and stop the usual lies. *Yawn* if not, na sleep sure pass. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
forgiveness:

He is just like Ndidi but more attack minded.

Okay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
Joebie:
Lol... nacho vs Mbappe Part 2

Mbappe vs Iheanacho?

That's like comparing my junior secondary school football team to Barcelona first team grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Ask them oh.

I hate to say this, but Iheanacho is simply less than average. The guy is just hype and nothing else. Man city noticed this and dropped him like a hot iron. The unsuspecting Leicester fell for the scam and bought him for a fortune. But even then, to get playing time in mid table Leicester still hard for Iheanachonaldo my man, sotey them pursue am go youth team. grin

To crown it all, baba was the first Nigerian to win the "world's worst striker award".

At this rate, the guy will definitely be in the championship or in a lower league in two to three years. This is not hate, it's the bitter truth.

Hahahaha! Chaiiiiiii! grin grin grin lipsrsealed some has eyes but can't see, some can see but can't see, we have eyes and we can see, glory be to the o lord. Amen! grin

Hide ya head oooo. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2018
The Ighalo vs Iheanacho tussle was started by the regular posters here. It is now very very surprising that they are all deflecting blame from each other and writing long epistles upandan. Chai, people.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

Mbappe vs Iheanacho?

That's like comparing my junior secondary school football team to Barcelona first team grin

You go wound ooooooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
forgiveness:

Show me and stop the usual lies. *Yawn* if not, na sleep sure pass. grin

Sebi na you be master of digging up past posts naa... Lol... You no wan do am now because you go shoot yourself for foot abi? Come on man... Don't be scared. Go dig it up... You are the best at such naa... Not so appealing now is it? wink You rated Solanke better than Nacho even after Nacho had a much better and obviously excellent first season and you were proven wrong when the stats were tabled. Now you are forming amnesia... Honestly, It is no surprise that amnesia suddenly visits you guys when you are caught dead in the center... Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
SlayerForever:
The Ighalo vs Iheanacho tussle was started by the regular posters here. It is now very very surprising that they are all deflecting blame from each other and writing long epistles upandan. Chai, people.

Shut up and be quiet. You know nothing about the history of who brought player vs player here. You are a newbie here... So just sit down and learn. You're welcome.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Sebi na you be master of digging up past posts naa... Lol... You no wan do am now because you go shoot yourself for foot abi? Come on man... Don't be scared. Go dig it up... You are the best at such naa... Not so appealing now is it? wink You rated Solanke better than Nacho even after Nacho had a much better and obviously excellent first season and you were proven wrong when the stats were tabled. Now you are forming amnesia... Honestly, It is no surprise that amnesia suddenly visits you guys when you are caught dead in the center... Lol

Me caught? grin Your allegations lack merit due to lack of substantial fact. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4951) (4952) (4953) (4954) (4955) (4956) (4957) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Danielnino00(m), Napoleon55(m), Ikanium(m), BannedLarge, TheSuperNerd(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.