Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,735 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5004) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11969531 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5001) (5002) (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) (5007) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:57am On Oct 28, 2018
krattoss:
hmm. When did u start telling us goodnight before going to bed?

Succes and ndidi effect cheesy

Responded like a true Nigerian..... Una like to complicate matters. I say gud night, e dey pain you. Which one sef? U wan make i insult you first so that to you, e go be like say i dey follow u communicate?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 9:18am On Oct 28, 2018
andrew444:

Too many ighalo haters ,some are still having sleepless night with his 5 goals against Libya

Anyway more sleepless night loading
If you ll keep skipping pages, don't make this kind of comment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:21am On Oct 28, 2018
Icon4s:

See, I won't be surprised if K. Nwakali even captains the U23 team.

Players selection is not strictly based on the club they play. Players like Jamilu Collins, Ahmed Musa, Karo Etebor and even Francis Uzoho wouldn't have been in the Super Eagles if it is based on the division or competitiveness of the league in which they plays.

Is the NPFL better than the Portuguese league 2? And yet a good number of NPFL players will make the team.

I agreed whole heartedly that Kelechi Nwakali is not ready for the SE. But not so for the U23! You and I know how gifted the boy is. He is good enough for the U23 abeg especially as available options in the midfield are few.

And to your last paragraph, I should be the one asking you why you chose to criticise my inclusion of K. Nwakali on the list and left Musa Yahaya, because I listed both.

Jamilu Collins is playing in bundesliga division 2 which is not bad ,semi Ajayi is playing in the championship which is not bad

Oga we have keeper problem ,uzoho is okay ,name any of our keeper playing top flight football in Europe ? Don't bring up that keeper issue here as a cover up .

The last time I checked etebo didn't play in a club team b so what are you saying ? Are you trying to twist words ?

What happens to ahmed musa is it because he is playing in Saudi league ? The last time I checked Saudi league is rated ahead of China ,the last time I checked ,carrasco ,witsel,renato Augusto made the World Cup team of Belgium and Brazil playing in Asia .paulinho was recently called up by Brazil playing in China

You made no point by including ahmed musa ,Nordin amrabat plays with the same club with musa and he still make the Morocco team

Mbark boussoufa was Morocco asst captain at the World Cup and plays his football in the UAE

Bros you have no clue okay ,sorry to tell you that

You are just backing your favorite player ,I also love this player but if the likes of awoniyi can be in Belgium why can't he be in Belgium ? even if na turkey self

Kenneth omeruo has been a Chelsea player for long ,he has been loaned severally since age 19/20 which is nwakali age but he has never go on loan in a team b

Kelechi nwakali might captain the u23 team ,yes I will also not be suprised because our Nigeria coaches are useless and most of them leave on past glory ,if nwakali keep on playing for a b them he has no business in u23 ,but he will be there because people who think like you are in charge.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 9:27am On Oct 28, 2018
Mikel obi with a goal already on a Sunday morning like dis!! Wonders!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:28am On Oct 28, 2018
Certitude:

If you ll keep skipping pages, don't make this kind of comment

Oga how many people talk at ighalo compared to success?

Abegi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:40am On Oct 28, 2018
Osimhen scores,Odey scores,Success scores,Ndidi scores,Ighalo scores,Mikel scores

What is happening!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by alexie4real(m): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2018
Sainty92:
Mikel obi with a goal already on a Sunday morning like dis!! Wonders!!
he scored just one goal as at half time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sainty92: 9:47am On Oct 28, 2018
Earthquake1:
Osimhen scores,Odey scores,Success scores,Ndidi scores,Ighalo scores,Mikel scores

What is happening!!
South Africa should be scared!!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2018
Earthquake1:

What is happening!!
]

Oh Mikel scores.....Cheeeee
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:03am On Oct 28, 2018
Everton dilemma as PSG, Bayern Munich target Henry Onyekuru

Everton face a dilemma over the future of Henry Onyekuru.

The Mirror says Onyekuru's sparkling form has left new Everton director of football Marcel Brands with a headache.

The Nigerian international – refused a work-permit to play for the Toffees – has been tearing it up on loan at Galatasaray.

The 21-year-old's form has attracted the attention of Europe's finest, including Paris St Germain who beat Everton to his signature last year.

Bayern Munich and Marseille have also scouted the winger whose future should he return to Merseyside is still shrouded in doubt.

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/everton-dilemma-as-psg-bayern-munich-target-henry-onyekuru-4254454#EGdjqAwBjz2ct7Fx.99

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 28, 2018
kennysville:

Responded like a true Nigerian..... Una like to complicate matters. I say gud night, e dey pain you. Which one sef? U wan make i insult you first so that to you, e go be like say i dey follow u communicate?
it's so unfortunate that u can't detect a humorous sentence..
So unfortunate embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:49am On Oct 28, 2018
tbaba1234:

I disagree with this slightly.

Players like Collins, Etebo, Uzoho are playing in good enough levels for the super eagles. We are not a world class team anymore where all our players come from top divisions. Bundesliga 2, Spanish second division and the Championship are tougher than some top divisions in some of the smaller countries.

As regards Nwakali, his development has been very disappointing. There is no running away from it. The under 23 team can be another launchpad for him but he is getting to the age where he needs to start showing something. New talents emerge everyday.

Don't miss my point. I know we are not World Class. And so if we can accommodate players in the Championship, Bundesliga 2, Chinese and Saudi League in our Super Eagles, why the heck can we not accommodate a Portuguese second division player in the U23 team? and note, especially when available options are few in that U23 midfield.

See, I am 100% in support of Nwakali not being ready for the SE but to say he is not good enough for the U23 midfield is just way off the mark. I mean, Who are the available midfield options? Or are you also saying Nwakali is not good enough for the U23 team? Or what is ur stand?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2018
Keyword, launchpad. I like that.

tbaba1234:

I disagree with this slightly.

Players like Collins, Etebo, Uzoho are playing in good enough levels for the super eagles. We are not a world class team anymore where all our players come from top divisions. Bundesliga 2, Spanish second division and the Championship are tougher than some top divisions in some of the smaller countries.

As regards Nwakali, his development has been very disappointing. There is no running away from it. The under 23 team can be another launchpad for him but he is getting to the age where he needs to start showing something. New talents emerge everyday.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:20am On Oct 28, 2018
andrew444:

Jamilu Collins is playing in bundesliga division 2 which is not bad ,semi Ajayi is playing in the championship which is not bad

Oga we have keeper problem ,uzoho is okay ,name any of our keeper playing top flight football in Europe ? Don't bring up that keeper issue here as a cover up .

The last time I checked etebo didn't play in a club team b so what are you saying ? Are you trying to twist words ?

What happens to ahmed musa is it because he is playing in Saudi league ? The last time I checked Saudi league is rated ahead of China ,the last time I checked ,carrasco ,witsel,renato Augusto made the World Cup team of Belgium and Brazil playing in Asia .paulinho was recently called up by Brazil playing in China

You made no point by including ahmed musa ,Nordin amrabat plays with the same club with musa and he still make the Morocco team

Mbark boussoufa was Morocco asst captain at the World Cup and plays his football in the UAE

You are just backing your favorite player ,I also love this player but if the likes of awoniyi can be in Belgium why can't he be in Belgium ? even if na turkey self

Kenneth omeruo has been a Chelsea player for long ,he has been loaned severally since age 19/20 which is nwakali age but he has never go on loan in a team b

Kelechi nwakali might captain the u23 team ,yes I will also not be suprised because our Nigeria coaches are useless and most of them leave on past glory ,if nwakali keep on playing for a b them he has no business in u23 ,but he will be there because people who think like you are in charge.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:20am On Oct 28, 2018
Also WhoScored MOTM
tbaba1234:
Aina voted MOTM by Torino fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:24am On Oct 28, 2018
This report get as e be
andrew444:
Everton dilemma as PSG, Bayern Munich target Henry Onyekuru

Everton face a dilemma over the future of Henry Onyekuru.

The Mirror says Onyekuru's sparkling form has left new Everton director of football Marcel Brands with a headache.

The Nigerian international – refused a work-permit to play for the Toffees – has been tearing it up on loan at Galatasaray.

The 21-year-old's form has attracted the attention of Europe's finest, including Paris St Germain who beat Everton to his signature last year.

Bayern Munich and Marseille have also scouted the winger whose future should he return to Merseyside is still shrouded in doubt.

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/everton-dilemma-as-psg-bayern-munich-target-henry-onyekuru-4254454#EGdjqAwBjz2ct7Fx.99
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:26am On Oct 28, 2018
andrew444:

Oga, we are not Brazil, Spain or Germany, if we are accepting teams in the Championship, Bundesliga2, Chinese league and Saudi League in our Main Super Eagles, then there is nothing wrong in inviting a player in Portuguese 2nd division for the U23 team. But note that, I stated that the league players feature should not be the only criterion. K. Nwakali's personal abilities are enough to take him to the U23 team. Is it not here that we agreed that club performances do not always translate to national team performances.

That aside if there were numerous options this would not be a debate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:33am On Oct 28, 2018
FC Porto are willing to allow Nigeria international defender Chidozie Awaziem leave the club on loan in January in search of regular first team football if he agrees to certain conditions given to him by the club, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively report.

Awaziem has failed to break into the first team of coach Sergio Conceicao at Porto despite having an impressive stint on loan in France to Ligue 1 side Nantes last season and also impressing during pre season games.

Nantes are wiling to have him return back to the club on another loan spell to help their fight against relegation but the move which can only happen in January will go through if Awaziem accepts o extend his contract at Porto, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

His present deal expires in 2020 and the club have already offered him an extension but he isn’t keen on it yet and the fact that he will have a year left on his deal at the end of this season ‎has put the club in a tight spot.

An improved contract has been tabled to his representatives but the 21 year old is yet to commit himself to the deal and unless that is sorted, the club won’t entertain his request to return to Nantes on loan in January.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:33am On Oct 28, 2018
Read tbaba’s 2nd Paragraph again. New talents are emerging everyday. A lot can happen within a couple years. Is he good for the U23 today? Yes! . At least he is among the top 4 midfielders in that bracket by default due to lack of competition. But that he should make the cut in our next U23 team, is too early to say. He needs to use this launchpad well though if he gets the chance.

Icon4s:

Don't miss my point. I know we are not World Class. And so if we can accommodate players in the Championship, Bundesliga 2, Chinese and Saudi League in our Super Eagles, why the heck can we not accommodate a Portuguese second division player in the U23 team? and note, especially when available options are few in that U23 midfield.

See, I am 100% in support of Nwakali not being ready for the SE but to say he is not good enough for the U23 midfield is just way off the mark. I mean, Who are the available midfield options? Or are you also saying Nwakali is not good enough for the U23 team? Or what is ur stand?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:44am On Oct 28, 2018
Icon4s:

Oga, we are not Brazil, Spain or Germany, if we are accepting teams in the Championship, Bundesliga2, Chinese league and Saudi League in our Main Super Eagles, then there is nothing wrong in inviting a player in Portuguese 2nd division for the U23 team. But note that, I stated that the league players feature should not be the only criterion. K. Nwakali's personal abilities are enough to take him to the U23 team. Is it not here that we agreed that club performances do not always translate to national team performances.

That aside if there were numerous options this would not be a debate.

Oga it's wrong and it's a downgrade we don't need to be Brazil ,o common take a look at your mentality

Oga a player need to do well for his club ,super eagles does not need a dead wood team b players where they are better players

Ighalo keeps being invited because he keeps scoring for his club.

Even Ghana that we have better players than will not invite a team b player .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2018
Joebie:
This report get as e be

Lol exactly as I taught
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:47am On Oct 28, 2018
Earthquake1:

What is happening!!

Now I feel more unhappy that Ndidi won't be available for the game...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2018
charlesemeka85:
FC Porto are willing to allow Nigeria international defender Chidozie Awaziem leave the club on loan in January in search of regular first team football if he agrees to certain conditions given to him by the club, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively report.

Awaziem has failed to break into the first team of coach Sergio Conceicao at Porto despite having an impressive stint on loan in France to Ligue 1 side Nantes last season and also impressing during pre season games.

Nantes are wiling to have him return back to the club on another loan spell to help their fight against relegation but the move which can only happen in January will go through if Awaziem accepts o extend his contract at Porto, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

His present deal expires in 2020 and the club have already offered him an extension but he isn’t keen on it yet and the fact that he will have a year left on his deal at the end of this season ‎has put the club in a tight spot.

An improved contract has been tabled to his representatives but the 21 year old is yet to commit himself to the deal and unless that is sorted, the club won’t entertain his request to return to Nantes on loan in January.

Porto should go to hell with their contract. If Awazeim knows what's good for him he will terminate his contract with them before it expires

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:52am On Oct 28, 2018
Joebie:
Read tbaba’s 2nd Paragraph again. New talents are emerging everyday. A lot can happen within a couple years. Is he good for the U23 today? Yes! . At least he is among the top 4 midfielders in that bracket by default due to lack of competition. But that he should make the cut in our next U23 team, is too early to say. He needs to use this launchpad well though if he gets the chance.

Yes, New talents emerge everyday.

And yes, you have answered the question. Is he good for U23 today? "Yes". Note also that the discuss is based on players who are 21 or less. That is the subject of this debate. We don't yet know for certain in which direction his development will go going forward.

But as for now, looking at players that fall withing his age cadre, he is good enough to make an U21 or U23 team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:54am On Oct 28, 2018
andrew444:

Oga it's wrong and it's a downgrade we don't need to be Brazil ,o common take a look at your mentality

Oga a player need to do well for his club ,super eagles does not need a dead wood team b players where they are better players

Ighalo keeps being invited because he keeps scoring for his club.

Even Ghana that we have better players than will not invite a team b player .

Are we talking about the SE or the U23 team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 28, 2018
Danielnino00:

he haven't been ruled out yet.. He finished the game yesterday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2018
Danielnino00:

The guy should rest jare,he's overworking himself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
Danielnino00:

Porto should go to hell with their contract. If Awazeim knows what's good for him he will terminate his contract with them before it expires

They want to do him what Brighton is doing to Balogun
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
Today na today Uzoho vs Igbekeme
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
krattoss:
he haven't been ruled out yet.. He finished the game yesterday

He's suspended for the south Africa game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2018
Earthquake1:

They want to do him what Brighton is doing to Balogun

Balogun case is different. I think he was aware from the beginning that he was signed as a back up defender.
Porto don't want Awazeim to join Nantes despite having a good loan there. they aren't willing to give him playing time either...

Now they want him to sign a contract extension before they allow him go on loan!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2018
Yes he is good enough also not considering players that are not instantly available to us.

Icon4s:

Yes, New talents emerge everyday.

And yes, you have answered the question. Is he good for U23 today? "Yes". Note also that the discuss is based on players who are 21 or less. That is the subject of this debate. We don't yet know for certain in which direction his development will go going forward.

But as for now, looking at players that fall withing his age cadre, he is good enough to make an U21 or U23 team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5001) (5002) (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) (5007) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kellycute(m), M7even(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.