Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,360 members, 7,868,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:47 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11972255 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5002) (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) (5007) (5008) ... (16380) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
Icon4s:

Are we talking about the SE or the U23 team?

The both of them.

As far as we have 20/21 year old midfielder playing first team football in European clubs then they should be ahead of him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:17pm On Oct 28, 2018
andrew444:

The both of them.

As far as we have 20/21 year old midfielder playing first team football in European clubs then they should be ahead of him

Oga, we are not discussing the SE, so stick to point.

Kelechi Nwakali is currently ahead in the pecking order of all our midfielders who are available to us and are U21 or less.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
Icon4s:

Kelechi Nwakali is currently ahead in the pecking order of all our midfielders who are available to us and are U21 or less.

Kelechi is not ahead of Abdul zubairu as far as football and stats is concerned .

But as far as our local coaches is concerned he will be called up for u23

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2018
Earthquake1:

The guy should rest jare,he's overworking himself

Ndidi one of the only few players in Europe top league to have played 900 minutes this season already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2018
Iwobi starts for Arsenal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
andrew444:

Kelechi is not ahead of Abdul zubairu as far as football and stats is concerned .

But as far as our local coaches is concerned he will be called up for u23

Wait, let me even assume Zubairu is better than Nwakali, that still Doesnt mean Nwakali is not good enough for the U23 team. I mean the team can accommodate both players.

Saying K. Nwakali should not be invited for the U23 is a no-no-no.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2018
Icon4s:

Wait, let me even assume Zubairu is better than Nwakali, that still Doesnt mean Nwakali is not good enough for the U23 team. I mean the team can accommodate both players.

Saying K. Nwakali should not be invited for the U23 is a no-no-no.

Lol

See bros I am just angry that this guy is not in the Belgium league with his potential or any other low league ,I know this guy is not that bad as I have painted him but I don't understand,he made a loan move to the Dutch league last season ,I don't know if it's the agent but playing for a Porto b and struggling is a no no ,I know he still has time on his side but common how old is Ndidi and co ?

Look at omeruo he failed to make it at Chelsea but omeruo cannot be loan to a team b,I am giving nwakali 2 year from now to proove me wrong ,I hope he doesn't end up like his bro playing in polish second division

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
the array of talents springing up and the possibility of few euro born talents switching to nigeria, 2 years will be too long for nwakaili to sit up
andrew444:

Lol

See bros I am just angry that this guy is not in the Belgium league with his potential or any other low league ,I know this guy is not that bad as I have painted him but I don't understand,he made a loan move to the Dutch league last season ,I don't know if it's the agent but playing for a Porto b and struggling is a no no ,I know he still has time on his side but common how old is Ndidi and co ?

Look at omeruo he failed to make it at Chelsea but omeruo cannot be loan to a team b,I am giving nwakali 2 year from now to proove me wrong ,I hope he doesn't end up like his bro playing in polish second division

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2018
Samuel Chukwueze with a brace for Villarreal B in their 2-1 victory over Atletico Baleares in the Spanish Segunda Division B - Group 3.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
neither are we sudan,eritrea nor madagascar who will be desperate to have a proto B player in their fold
Icon4s:

Oga, we are not Brazil, Spain or Germany, if we are accepting teams in the Championship, Bundesliga2, Chinese league and Saudi League in our Main Super Eagles, then there is nothing wrong in inviting a player in Portuguese 2nd division for the U23 team. But note that, I stated that the league players feature should not be the only criterion. K. Nwakali's personal abilities are enough to take him to the U23 team. Is it not here that we agreed that club performances do not always translate to national team performances.

That aside if there were numerous options this would not be a debate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
Moses not on the bench for Chelsea cry

Despite Hazard not being on the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2018
Nigerian defender Fikayo Tomori gave one of his best displays in a Derby County shirt as Frank Lampard's side were held to a 1-1 draw by Middlesbrough on Saturday afternoon.

And it was not surprising that the England U21 star picked up the Man of the Match accolade at the end of the game at Riverside Stadium.

Tomori finished the match with 80 touches, 5 clearances, 2 blocks, 2 tackles and gained possession 6 times.

Having snubbed Tomori during pre-season, Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri will run the rule over the central defender when The Blues host the Rams in the League Cup this coming Wednesday.

Chelsea have permitted their loanee to feature against his parent club, arguing that it will aid his development playing against a top side.

Since joining Derby County on loan from Chelsea in August, he has played every minute of all seventeen matches in all competitions.

Tomori has not played for Chelsea's first team since making his professional debut against Leicester City on the final day of the 2015-16 season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:15pm On Oct 28, 2018
charlesemeka85:
the array of talents springing up and the possibility of few euro born talents switching to nigeria, 2 years will be too long for nwakaili to sit up

Agree with you

This is what I have been trying to explain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Nigerian defender Fikayo Tomori gave one of his best displays in a Derby County shirt as Frank Lampard's side were held to a 1-1 draw by Middlesbrough on Saturday afternoon.

And it was not surprising that the England U21 star picked up the Man of the Match accolade at the end of the game at Riverside Stadium.

Tomori finished the match with 80 touches, 5 clearances, 2 blocks, 2 tackles and gained possession 6 times.

Having snubbed Tomori during pre-season, Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri will run the rule over the central defender when The Blues host the Rams in the League Cup this coming Wednesday.

Chelsea have permitted their loanee to feature against his parent club, arguing that it will aid his development playing against a top side.

Since joining Derby County on loan from Chelsea in August, he has played every minute of all seventeen matches in all competitions.

Tomori has not played for Chelsea's first team since making his professional debut against Leicester City on the final day of the 2015-16 season.

The best CB in the championship so far. Dude is class

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2018
i wish he accepts to play for us. rumors are going around on his intentions to turn out for us in the nearest future but no open declaration from him yet
ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2018
5005 cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ahead only based on prior national invitation not club performance.
Icon4s:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
I missed this one
charlesemeka85:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2018
Best CB according to who? Source pls
ChrisKels:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
charlesemeka85:
neither are we sudan,eritrea nor madagascar who will be desperate to have a proto B player in their fold

@ U23 especially when there are limited midfield options. That is the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
Arsenal what is happening? Una just dey play like Rohr's Nigerian team that finds it hard to string two to three passes without getting dispossessed. Nawa oo

If only Zaha was more purposeful with his dribbles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
charlesemeka85:

In that same 2 years some of the SE players may also have lost their positions. 2 years is a long time in football.

We are talking about now bro. If a list of national U21 players is drawn Kelechi Nwakali will definitely make the team. Opari.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
Icon4s:

Don't miss my point. I know we are not World Class. And so if we can accommodate players in the Championship, Bundesliga 2, Chinese and Saudi League in our Super Eagles, why the heck can we not accommodate a Portuguese second division player in the U23 team? and note, especially when available options are few in that U23 midfield.

See, I am 100% in support of Nwakali not being ready for the SE but to say he is not good enough for the U23 midfield is just way off the mark. I mean, Who are the available midfield options? Or are you also saying Nwakali is not good enough for the U23 team? Or what is ur stand?

Football evolves and moves forward progressively.

In the current structure if you are 21 and you are still playing youth football you should have no business in the U23 national team.

There are exceptions if you ate at Barcelona, Bayern, Manchester city, Liverpool, Real, Juventus, etc it's most probable that World class players ahead of you are limiting your opportunities.

At 21 you should be playing first team football, of not your quality is open to question and is far from proven.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2018
komekn:

Football evolves and moves forward progressively.

In the current structure if you are 21 and you are still playing youth football you should have no business in the U23 national team.

There are exceptions if you ate at Barcelona, Bayern, Manchester city, Liverpool, Real, Juventus, etc it's most probable that World class players ahead of you are limiting your opportunities.

At 21 you should be playing first team football, of not your quality is open to question and is far from proven.

Well, technically.. Nwakali isn't playing youth football. He plays for Porto B who are in d Portuguese second tier..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2018
Danielnino00:

Well, technically.. Nwakali isn't playing youth football. He plays for Porto B who are in d Portuguese second tier..

The portuguese second tier is like a youth league.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
tbaba1234:

But it's not . grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2018
Danielnino00:

Porto should go to hell with their contract. If Awazeim knows what's good for him he will terminate his contract with them before it expires

Awaziem went on loan to Nantes played quite a few games for them.

That's enough games to show your outstanding undeniable quality.

The question I would ask, why is there not multiple French league one clubs fighting to sign him. Quality is not hidden this guy is only 21.

Because what you are suggesting is not that easy but if they agreed and did tear up his contract he could potentially be without a club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:13pm On Oct 28, 2018
Just one purposeful dribble as I predicted and the wing wizard turns the tide. All hail Lord Zaha the master of the wings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2018
komekn:

The question I would ask, why is there not multiple French league one clubs fighting to sign him. Quality is not hidden this guy is only 21.

Awazeim played a lot not a few games for Nantes . The club were ready to sign him but Porto refused..
He is in d same boot as Ademola Lookman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
tbaba1234:

Portuguese 2nd tier no emotive bias, is not competitive enough to ensure quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
Danielnino00:

Awazeim played a lot not a few games for Nantes . The club were ready to sign him but Porto refused..
He is in d same boot as Ademola Lookman

Nantes wanted to sign him❓ How much was the bid❓

Quite a few games seems ambiguous if I'm right over 22 games. That's why I wondered why he didn't have a lot of teams fighting for him.

He is not in the same position as Ademola Lookman by any stretch if the imagination.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
komekn:

Because what you are suggesting is not that easy but if they agreed and did tear up his contract he could potentially be without a club.

Shameless liar. Awaziem played a few games? No team wants Awaziem? Lyon, Nantes and etienne wanted Awaziem.

Now in England;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3438775/liverpool-hot-on-trail-on-porto-defender-chidozie-awaziem-as-jurgen-klopp-eyes-young-talent-across-europe/

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/04/02/porto-turn-down-bid-from-wolverhampton-wanderers-for-awaziem-want-him-back-after-nantes-loan/

Now show me who wanted Iorfa. grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5002) (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) (5007) (5008) ... (16380) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), elyte89 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.