Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5024) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11648803 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5021) (5022) (5023) (5024) (5025) (5026) (5027) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 31, 2018
Fikayo Tomori starts as CB for Derby county
Vic mo didn't make match day squad for Chelsea.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
Kog45 is my nominee
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2018
Icon4s:

Thank you everyone that has responded.

With 20likes and 0 shares it means we have a unanimous decision here, so no time to waste.

Next we go ahead and make nominations of Players Selection Committee members.

Please I crave the involvement of everyone in the house, including those on ghost mode.

Remember the three rules for nomination of Players Selection Committee members
1. You are to nominate one person
2. Do not nominate yourself
3. Do not nominate twice.

Ladies and Gentlemen the floor is open. smiley
I nominate Forgiveness

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2018
Daninya11:
Fikayo Tomori starts as CB for Derby county
Vic mo didn't make match day squad for Chelsea.

Victor Moses didn't help himself with his last performance against Bate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2018
Clementoke:

I don't know if they were prosecuted on the strength of the MRI aIone. Other investigation into their ages were probably done to prove them guilty beyond every shadow of doubt. That said, Disciplined Implementation of this in Nigeria would help the national team selectors greatly in screening

What other investigation? We already know that they are overage but locking them up is barbaric. The country is supposed to know how old it's citizens are and all of this is the fault of the government.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2018
This season, Godswill Ekpolo Elohor has been a regular starter with outstanding performances for top Swedish club BK Hacken. He has started and clocked 90mins in all their matches this season, he even started again today in his usual RB position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2018
I am watching the much aligned and forgotten CB Efe Ambrose live playing for Hibernian against Hearts, this is the biggest game for both teams a rivalry that has gone on for many decades.

Actually the first football game I ever watched live as a 5 year old was this Derby many moons ago in Edinburgh.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2018
komekn:
I am watching the much aligned and forgotten CB Efe Ambrose live playing for Hibernian against Hearts, this is the biggest game for both teams a rivalry that has gone on for many decades.

Actually the first football game I ever watched live as a 5 year old was this Derby many moons ago in Edinburgh.

Who asked you grin grin,na play o

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2018
ChrisKels:

Dats a lie, Ndidi was within the Range during the qualifiers. Remember a child born in January 2018 and that born in November 2018 are age mates(year wise but not months wise. That was Ndidi's case. He was born earlier than others, but same year wt them.

Did he fail the MRI test yay or nay? Cheating is cheating boss. Everyone knew the required birth month and so did he, just like the Benin players who failed knew they were over the required age. I am not bashing Ndidi btw. This is a sporting offense and the government has no right to arrest anybody. Send your information to FIFA and get them banned but locking them up is utterly ridiculous. What is next, will they arrest those who get red cards or score own goals? I have been in favour of a ban from all youth teams but this is just not right.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2018
ChrisKels:
This season, Godswill Ekpolo Elohor has been a regular starter with outstanding performances for top Swedish club BK Hacken. He has started and clocked 90mins in all their matches this season, he even started again today in his usual RB position.

Is that the former barca guy?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Is that the former barca guy?
Yes. He has been pretty good this season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2018
When will this start and how/where do we submit our nominations?
Icon4s:

With 20likes and 0 shares it means we have a unanimous decision here, so no time to waste.

Please I crave the involvement of everyone in the house, including those on ghost mode.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
tbaba1234
Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
Tomori with an OG.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2018
Joebie:

I am disappointed in myself for not nominating Joebie the most open minded contributor to this thread in my opinion. Objective analysis almost all the time. INEC na 9ja we dey, can I vote again after voting, ink Don dry for my thumb.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2018
ChrisKels:

Is the Godswill Ekpolo that was at Fleetwood Town struggling to get games❓

Left Barca B to the English league one. I watched him live, I just couldn't understand how someone would leave Barca B to go and play Kick and Rush, blood and guts, football. Of course he struggled couldn't get a run of games, just couldn't tune into that type of football. He was unable to make an impression.

But he has gone to the Swedish league and he has become a baller according to you.

Has he improved or is that the league is more suited to his style of play.

Swedish football is not exactly great to be diplomatic.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2018
Taliban:

I am disappointed in myself for not nominating Joebie the most open minded contributor to this thread in my opinion. Objective analysis almost all the time. INEC na 9ja we dey, can I vote again after voting, ink Don dry for my thumb.

Agreed without reservation or question

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:20pm On Oct 31, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

What other investigation? We already know that they are overage but locking them up is barbaric. The country is supposed to know how old it's citizens are and all of this is the fault of the government.

It's ABSURD.

Hypocritical double shameless standard.

How many politicians have fabricated age and them added certificate forgery to it as well.

Has anything happened to them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:21pm On Oct 31, 2018
eya!
Daninya11:
Tomori with an OG.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2018
Meanwhile I'm struggling to watch this game the football if you can even call it that is POOR POOR POOR.

Typical police game with jam body zero skill.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2018
Nigerian amputee soccer team at the world cup for the first time

Assist by Pinnick

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 31, 2018
Joebie:

It has started now. You can mail your nomination to me with N5K recharge card only.
Alternatively you can use UPS, DHL or Fedex.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2018
[quote author=Petrobros post=72570536]

Let me have the honor of opening the floor from the ghost viewing mode: Safarigirl![/

Forgiveness quote]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2018
That one na long process. Just send me ur bank account number lol

Taliban:

It has started now. You can mail your nomination to me with N5K recharge card only.
Alternatively you can use UPS, DHL or Fedex.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:39pm On Oct 31, 2018
I nominate edi287
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2018
I’m humbled by your kind words sir. However, and honestly speaking, I wouldn’t even vote myself even if the rules allowed it. I’m inspired by monikers who can change positions without sentiments, and hardly ever throws punches at others directly or indirectly. They stick to the issues without being perceived as slighting anyone during arguments. This is the basis of my nominee choice.

Taliban:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2018
Hahaha Ambrose don suffer
komekn:
Meanwhile I'm struggling to watch this game the football if you can even call it that is POOR POOR POOR.

Typical police game with jam body zero skill.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2018
I nominate elyte to keep the committee entertained with dry jokes and metaljigsaw to arrange for sayo.

It would be good to nominate safari girl but a less aesthetically endowed player like taye taiwo will never be nominated. Na only asempete like ekong and awaziem go dey win all the time, infaCT don't be surprised if loftus cheek wins best Nigerian footballer because he's asempete.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:55pm On Oct 31, 2018
Obinna Nwobodo with a goal.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
Obinna with a brace for Upjest

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2018
That Onovo...Obinna s team mate plays like a pocket-sized battleship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Alfryd: 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
[quote author=zayyadidris post=72567656]Rot-Weiß
Oberhausen
glovesman
Robin Udegbe
has reiterated
his desire to
play for the
Super Eagles
ahead of his
country of birth
Germany and is
hoping to be considered for selection by
manager Gernot Rohr.
Born in Kiel, Germany, Udegbe played on the
same VVV Venlo team as Ahmed Musa,
Michael Uchebo, Uche Nwofor and Alex
Nkume and has revealed that he is still in
close contact with the quartet though they
have all moved on to pastures new.
At the moment, Elche's Francis Uzoho is
ahead in Rohr's pecking order of goalkeepers,
with Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Daniel Akpeyi
acting as cover.
''My father is from Anambra State, I want to
represent my country. If given the chance,
will grab it with two hands,'' Udegbe told
Channels Television.
''I am 27 years old, I was born in Kiel. I want
to offer my goalkeeping qualities to Nigeria, I
will give one hundred percent if given the
chance.
''I played together with Ahmed Musa, Michael
Uchebo, Uche Nwofor and Alex Emennike. We
used to spend time together, ate together, we
are still in contact especially Uche Nwofor.
We talk about Nigeria.''
Asked if he has had any kind of contact with
German coach Rohr, Udegbe answered : ''No,
not yet. If there will be contact I will be very
happy about it but there's no contact yet.''
This season, Udegbe has posted six shutouts
in 15 appearances in the German
Regionalliga West and conceded 16 goals.
Rot-Weiß
Oberhausen
glovesman
Robin Udegbe
has reiterated
his desire to
play for the
Super Eagles
ahead of his
country of birth
Germany and is
manager Gernot Rohr.
acting as cover.
Channels Television.
chance.
We talk about Nigeria.''
Regionalliga West and conceded 16 goals.
Rot-Weiß
Oberhausen
glovesman
Robin Udegbe
has reiterated
his desire to
play for the
Super Eagles
ahead of his
country of birth
Germany and is
manager Gernot Rohr.
acting as cover.
Channels Television.
chance.
We talk about Nigeria.''
Regionalliga West and conceded 16 goals.[/osigwe
I think osigwe deserves a call up than udegbe because he play in Swiss second division -
while udegbe play for a regional side in Germany

(1) (2) (3) ... (5021) (5022) (5023) (5024) (5025) (5026) (5027) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Marjoribanks and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.