Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,562 members, 7,847,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11844619 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5029) (5030) (5031) (5032) (5033) (5034) (5035) ... (16241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2018
ChrisKels:

Andy my man, no vex say I bn dey cold on I, na just say I no dey like fighting again buh me kwa dun see say u dun also leave that side out.

Oya lets flex our football talk jor. To me sef, neither of Gnabry nor Coman is as good as Onyekuru. Can any of those two do for a modest club like Eupen what Henry did. For goodness sake, Henry played in a team of carpenters, he provided them a shoulder to lean on, and at the ended of the day, placed them on the map single-handedly. U must be a genius to achieve such feat with such a poor club. U think if Onyekuru was Belgian, he would have been sold to cheaply to Everton? U think if he was a Belgian, Torgan Hazard would have made the world cup list?

Lol bad guy

Henry is good,i agree with all what you said,henry is better than those guys

You know eupen is a small club in belgium? we are talking about the top scorer in belgium league that season before he was sold,he was joint top scorer at 24 goals with a polish guy,if he is in a team like club bruge and anderlecht i think he will go for about 25 million euros or 20 because he was just 19 then

Lukaku joined chelsea for 17million from anderlecht and he scored only 15 belgium league goals that season let alone onyekuru who score 24 for a lowly rated eupen

Onyekuru played 19 games for anderlecht and scored 9 goals,due to a 5 months injury that make him miss the world cup,if onyekuru was not injured,i am sure he will score at least 18 goals that season.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
ChrisKels:

"Every coach wants options, we've been lucky to get some players and if we get him, Lookman will give us more options," Rohr explained.

Lol what happened to dissecting the boy's game, his technical abilities, how he would fit in, if invited and what his invite would Benefit the team? Oh he is just gonna invite him bkus he saw him play for RB Leipzig?

"He plays for the youth now but we hope he can change his mind and play for us," Rohr told BBC Sport.

"He's a player we know can add something to the team

"Every coach wants options, we've been lucky to get some players and if we get him, Lookman will give us more options," Rohr explained.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45989923

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2018
ChrisKels:

I wasnt able to see the match yesterday, if u did, please help me with an honest analysis of his all round game. Yes he scored, thats good, but how was his performance bar the goal?

This is what Deo and Dr Dre do best on completesportsnigeria.com comment section, here, u are one guy closest to them in breaking into bits a players game without phantasmagorical juxtaposition to please ur audience, and at the same time, you also tend to criticise them(the players) constructively, though when it concerns the NPFL stars u kinda become less Surreal grin . Hence, I give u the honour...

He did good yesterday, created a couple good chances and was always in his defensive position. Could have bagged a hatrick if he had used his right foot on a couple of occasions but outside of that he gave the coach food for thought.

Btw I also criticize NPFL players but it will always be about what they do inside the lines. People make all these generalizing comments that are not true and that is why I will speak up. They said no good players come out of our league but Stephen Odey, Emem Eduok, Afeez Aremu, Chisom Egbuchalam and much more are doing well in Europe to nonsense that claim.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon79:
Egbon! Kabiyesi o!! Here's my 10 cents worth.

I think you have a very good idea but we may probably need to tweak it a little bit to make it work effectively. In my humble opinion, the purpose of this committee would be defeated if the wrong people were "nominated". I haven't followed this thread or the nomination process closely but, like everything Nigerian, I am quite sure that merit is being sacrificed in place of mediocrity and nepotism. Yes, by the nomination process we can ensure that it is the power of numbers at work, but then that becomes the democratic formula for mediocrity.

Hence, to make sure that the excellent few are not sacrificed for the many mediocre my recommendation is that we select the following 6 members and charge them to get the job done. To me, this proposed committee is too important for us to reduce it to a popularity contest. Anyway, here's my 6 member committee:

1. Icon4s
2. Joebie
3. TBaba1234
4. Safarigirl
5. Supernerd
6. My humble self (Icon79)

O pari

Omo na wa o

Pride and haughtiness is when someone addresses himself as "my humble self"and counted himself among the "excellent few" while he views "many" as the "wrong people" and "mediocres"

Lol

Let me just reserve the rest of my comment

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:47pm On Nov 02, 2018
lol i sight u bro. leave pple wey dey form ITK
Clementoke:

Omo na wa o

Pride and haughtiness is when someone addresses himself as "my humble self"and counted himself among the "excellent few" while he views "many" as the "wrong people" and "mediocres"

Lol

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
elyte89:

I don't knw u in person... But u really overemphasis ur I.Q grin grin grin,Seeing majority as retards grin grin grin here,I go like reason with u in person to c if u re d next person after d likes of Stephen Hawkings,Philip Emeagwali,Albert Einstein and co cool cool,

Remember the saying "psychopaths are the most immodest"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
Clementoke:

Omo na wa o

Lol

The more conceited or patronizing, the less intelligent. If u know, u know

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
andrew444:

Lol bad guy

Henry is good,i agree with all what you said,henry is better than those guys

You know eupen is a small club in belgium? we are talking about the top scorer in belgium league that season before he was sold,he was joint top scorer at 24 goals with a polish guy,if he is in a team like club bruge and anderlecht i think he will go for about 25 million euros or 20 because he was just 19 then

Lukaku joined chelsea for 17million from anderlecht and he scored only 15 belgium league goals that season let alone onyekuru who score 24 for a lowly rated eupen

Onyekuru played 19 games for anderlecht and scored 9 goals,due to a 5 months injury that make him miss the world cup,if onyekuru was not injured,i am sure he will score at least 18 goals that season.

Oil dey ur head bro.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
charlesemeka85:
lol i sight u bro. leave pple wey dey form ITK

D matter come bad as d guy na real olodo. Before he joined this thread fully, he was bragging to one guy like that, that he was same person as Icon4s. That was in the U17 final thread against Mali. Who is a worse mediocre than an impostor?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:39pm On Nov 02, 2018
Hmmm nah hmmm look ah dey so ooo, chaiii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2018
Former Nigeria U17 international Akinjide Idowu has confirmed that Ukrainian powerhouse Dynamo Kiev are exploring ways to sign him, as first reported by Football Live Nigeria.

The central midfielder, who won the U17 World Cup with the Golden Eaglets back in 2013, has given a condition before he can agree to a switch to the Kievites.

Idowu is twice shy about making a move to a big team as he was not afforded playing time during his stint with Major League Soccer club Portland Timbers and ended up playing only one game for their reserve team.

''Dynamo Kiev have interest but I and my manager have not decided on me joining the club or not,'' said Idowu to allnigeriasoccer.com.

''Of course, I want to join Dynamo Kiev but only on a concrete condition that I will have enough playing time.

''That's my priority for now not the huge amount of money.''

Akinjide Idowu is contracted to Lithuanian club FK Palanga until September 2019.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2018
Dynamo Kiev exploring ways to sign former Nigerian youth International, Akinjide Idowu

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
Unai Emery Explains How Arsenal Have Helped Nutmeg King Iwobi Improve
Arsenal head coach Unai Emery on Friday explained how the Gunners' technical crew with him in charge has helped improve the form of Super Eagles winger Alex Iwobi.

The former Sevilla and PSG tactician was addressing the media in his Friday's news conference ahead of the big Premier League game against Liverpool on Saturday.

"He is very young and I think he played here with improving moments in his career. We need to also push him more to improve because he has the quality and the capacity," the club's website, www.arsenal.com quoted the Spaniard as saying.

"The first thing is with the behaviour in training, finding ways to improve every day.

"And then, also to give him what he can improve tactically, individually. I think a lot of it is confidence, every player needs confidence.

"Not only with playing but when we are together and we are here. I want every player to feel this confidence but also with a very big demand from us and on himself also to work every day.

Emery however suggests that Iwobi affectionately called the 'Nutmeg King' these days by the Arsenal faithful must continue his impressive form and improve on areas he needs to work upon.

"It's try, try, try and try. If you are doing a good action individually or not, continue with the confidence to try another, to try again. After that, good commitment every day, good behaviour every day and feel together with your team and respect decisions and respect your teammates.

"There is only one thing I know, work. You are working, you are winning this confidence every day, then your quality is there to be better in each match.

"I think before I came here, Arsenal was already one family. Maybe we needed to improve or to develop some things differently with the team and with the club, but I think this club is very big and was a big family also before I came here. We are doing more combinations to do more to be stronger with the relationship between us.

"The family is very important for us, for every player to feel important and enjoy."

The Liverpool versus Arsenal game kicks off 6.30pm Nigerian time.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2018
Humility017:

pray it works...then the naughty rohr will see reason to play him being that he adores German based players especially bayern munich.

we just have to give it to Henry...He is an example of a player that rose to stardom, pave way for himself without national team caps...

had it been rohr never invited him or possible overlook him...dude would have still come this far.

I so much love this boy....pray he keeps working hard.

Agreed

Self made top player overcoming all obstacles.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon79:

I think you have a very good idea but we may probably need to tweak it a little bit to make it work effectively. In my humble opinion, the purpose of this committee would be defeated if the wrong people were "nominated". I haven't followed this thread or the nomination process closely but, like everything Nigerian, I am quite sure that merit is being sacrificed in place of mediocrity and nepotism. Yes, by the nomination process we can ensure that it is the power of numbers at work, but then that becomes the democratic formula for mediocrity.

Hence, to make sure that the excellent few are not sacrificed for the many mediocre my recommendation is that we select the following 6 members and charge them to get the job done. To me, this proposed committee is too important for us to reduce it to a popularity contest. Anyway, here's my 6 member committee:

1. Icon4s
2. Joebie
3. TBaba1234
4. Safarigirl
5. Supernerd

O pari

No, no bro.

Nothing wrong with the current nomination system we have adopted. It will ensure full participation and transparency.

Whether 5 or 7 be sure to have an excellent Committee for the job.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

He did good yesterday, created a couple good chances and was always in his defensive position. Could have bagged a hatrick if he had used his right foot on a couple of occasions but outside of that he gave the coach food for thought.

Btw I also criticize NPFL players but it will always be about what they do inside the lines. People make all these generalizing comments that are not true and that is why I will speak up. They said no good players come out of our league but Stephen Odey, Emem Eduok, Afeez Aremu, Chisom Egbuchalam and much more are doing well in Europe to nonsense that claim.

Not a bad review. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2018
ChrisKels:

D matter come bad as d guy na real olodo. Before he joined this thread fully, he was bragging to one guy like that, that he was same person as Icon4s. That was in the U17 final thread against Mali. Who is a worse mediocre than an impostor?

Lol! I recall that incident. I had to put up a disclaimer on impersonation.

But we are like brothers now anyways.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2018
ChrisKels:

The more conceited or patronizing, the less intelligent. If u know, u know
Agree with no iota of reservation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon4s:

Lol! I recall that incident. I had to put up a disclaimer on impersonation.

Thank God u just confirmed it. Guy I dont forget things that easily. People would have thought I made it up just because it happened as far back as 2015. Dude, slight things really open ppl up for questioning. Look how he always try to attach whatever he does to the real Icon4s. U actually think his moniker is a coincidence? No, he is imitating the real Icon to look good in here because ur moniker rings bell on nairaland, especially in the sports section. I see him as someone who lacks confidence in himself and is trying so hard to impress himself. Always writing off point and still claims to know it all. Such a nauseating attitude. I'm sorry to say this, but that guy is a big joke

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2018
O pari.

Chelsea Manager, Mauricio Sarri has told former Nigerian international, Victor Moses that he is not in his plans and therefore should be ready to leave.

Moses was a super regular in Chelsea’s line up during Antonio Conte’s reign, but since Sarri took over in Stamford Bridge, the Super Eagles former star has made only one appearance on the team.

On Wednesday when Sarri named a largely second team in the Carabao Cup clash with Derby County, Moses was not even in the matchday squad prompting questions on his continued stay with the London side.

Footballlive.ng quotes the Italian as saying last night that Moses has not been in his squad only because he does not know where the 27-year-old Nigerian can fit in.

Dramatically, Chelsea youth team graduates, Calum Hudson Odoi and Ruben Loftus-Cheeks are now ahead of Moses, thereby raising strong permutations that the ex-Super Eagles star is bound to leave Stamford Bridge in January.

Reports rom London said Sarri has already held clear-the-air talks with Moses and told the star he is not in plans for the team, hence his absence on Wednesday.

Moses has made only one start this season and was a surprise omission from the squad against Derby, despite training with the team the previous day.

However, additional information reveals that his former coach at Chelsea, Jose Mourinho, who is now in charge at Manchester United, is on the hunt for Moses.

Mourinho actually needs a new striker, as both Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford have not totally convinced this season with only five goals between them in 24 competitive games, but Moses could fit in.

The three attack-minded players being considered by the old Trafford outfit are Moses, Eintracht Frankfurt’s Croatia star Ante Rebic and AS Roma’s Cengiz ünder.

After joining Chelsea in August 2012, Moses was farmed out on loan to Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham United before the arrival of The Blues’ former manager, Antonio Conte.

The 27-year-old winger, who has a contract with Chelsea until June 30, 2021, found his range under Conte, but things have gone back to his ugly early days at Stamford Bridge, and he is heading out again.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/coach-tells-victor-moses-he-is-not-in-his-plans-and-is-free-to-leave-chelsea/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon4s:

Brothers my thick cum. U for no put the disclaimer nah. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2018
do4luv14:
Hmmm nah hmmm look ah dey so ooo, chaiii

Hmmm look kee u there grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon79:

1. Icon4s
2. Joebie
3. TBaba1234
4. Safarigirl
5. Supernerd

O pari

Kai wahala dey o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
ChrisKels:

Hmmm look kee u there grin

hmmm ober d bar grin gringrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon4s:

No, no bro.

Nothing wrong with the current nomination system we have adopted. It will ensure full participation and transparency.

Chief you dey fall my hand o.

Truly is a faceless forum but chief you need to be brutal in addressing some idiotic posts cos a lot want to see your response.

What a hell of a post,nonsense and highly irritating.

No mediocre here for God sake abi no be super eagles brought us together

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
do4luv14:

hmmm ober d bar grin gringrin
Hahahahaha good evening bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:04pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon4s:

No, no bro.

my own be say if southgate, forgiveness, safarigirl,and thesupernerd, if those four no dey among the committee, nah rigging 102 be dat ooo!!!!! gringringrin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
ChrisKels:

Hahahahaha good evening bro.

same here my good sir, hope your day had been great
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:08pm On Nov 02, 2018
Sometimes, the decision made by players negatively affect their careers.

Look at Musa Yahaya, he was playing in a promotion chasing side but left to join Porto , perhaps for more money.

Now he has been turned to a right back with no realistic prospect of playing top flight football.His former club are in the top division.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 6:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
tbaba1234:
Sometimes, the decision made by players negatively affect their careers.

Look at Musa Yahaya, he was playing in a promotion chasing side but left to join Porto , perhaps for more money.

Now he has been turned to a right back with no realistic prospect of playing top flight football.His former club are in the top division.

The Spirit is working...just yesterday i thought the same thing..it pained me so much.. that we have lost such a wonderboy....this guy is talented...it is not a matter of seeing him with u17 eye..he is in a wrong club...in a wrong position....I am beginning to think that our u17 stars should never sign for any EPL team and the so called big teams...let them all start small and rise

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2018
Icon4s:

Good day house. Thanks to those who have nominated thus far.
A total of 60 Persons have nominated 16 different persons thus far.

As nominations continue to trickle in, we want as many people as possible to be part of this process.
So we extend nominations till Saturday 6pm 3rd November, 2018. Committee members to be announced same day.

But please house we have seen the need to increase the number of committee members from the earlier suggested 3. This increment is so as to accommodate different schools of thought and opinions (just as represented here in the house) in the committee. This is to ensure that at the end of it all the committee will come up with a robust, balanced and well accepted list of nominees to be voted for awards in the various categories.

There are two options of number of Committee members : 5 or 7.

It is left to the generality of the house to decide.

So we simply click "like'' for 5 or ''share'' for 7.
. This particular process will also end at 2pm Saturday, 3rd November, 2018.

Whatever the outcome, let the 5 or 7selected persons be selected in one post per voter so it can be easy for you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:29pm On Nov 02, 2018
oh my, is this about to be all about a popularity contest?
(exhales)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5029) (5030) (5031) (5032) (5033) (5034) (5035) ... (16241) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, Subzerooo, Zellas and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.